[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What that ???

He really apply to that job I hoped  he didnt till the last minutes ( how dare he) 

He get accepted  and he was sad about 

Sy saw that they searching  for researchers and remember CYH  words and though that he really want to leave she  call him so sad asking for his health and telling  him how she want to have the person  she love to live beside her longer she said he dont understand  it  ( it break my heart this girl had done so much she know it and it hurt her so much and still she still trying to make him understand what it mean for her him in her life:heartbreak:

he still  hide it I dont like him right now at all I cant forgive  him if he leaves even if he come back It broke my heart seeing SY  this episode  he acting as he want to protect her from suffering but he hurting her so much, actually  even when I understand  him and his reasons  but I can accept it i cant take it , it selfish  she ready for it but he the one that not ready for it to have someone  in his life seeing his suffering in her eyes  and not leaving like before , it selfish  and he need to wake up 

I liked him so much  and understand him so much but to be fair  SY  is the one who suffered the most and  given so much , from the scene she like him  and she never stop giving him feeling, honestly, accepting and Handel well all his healsting so I am angry  at CYH  right now since I feel heart for SY  

And what with that ending to break my heart  more so they have to do it , next week better  be the fixing all this I have enough  pain this week 

6 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I have a feeling that whatever premonition was had about CYH going to the US and coming back to head the department later on (the typical sort of scene) seems to be coming true. I think his resolve to go has been strengthened with GS' death.  We can but hope for something different but that's going to be another 6 day's wait and ending with such a scene brings out all the curse words I know. (though on a lighter note, it did cross my mind that poor Ji Sung had to keep doing CPR and sound so breathless...wonder how many takes they did.) 

My heart  is broken  already  , I dont want to see that ending not that it not fair  for SY  even if she accepted it , it CYH  time to take care of her , show her love, confess his feeling and fight for her being in his life 

The girl did everything and didnt even ask for anything than him being healthy  by her side it not fair ending  

At least the prosecutor gets to be treated/taken care of by YH finally ...

Gi Seok T_T

And that preview. Why is SY looking like she lost all her life? 

Is it because YH is leaving? :( The reply from Clevland said they wanna talk to him more.

*Edit*: is she looking lifeless and down because he never informed her about his plan to leave till the last minute?? Then she's like super heartbroken because he said he will tell her whatever that happens to him first and she will be the first to know. :o

I'm glad that Mirae and Yoo Joon are are trying to help SY (get with YH??).

Seems like the last two episodes will be wrapping up the relationships between the main cast of the drama and YH's career path (and not much more about the evil-doers or any new patients)?

YH keeps saying thanks to SY as if he wanna say, "Thanks for being by my side all this while, but hey, I'm still gonna go so don't get too caught up in your feelings for me."

That phone call they had when he was looking at the reply from Clevland. Rough outline below.

SY asked him to join her in her exercise.

YH: Si Yeong. I told you before, right? That I'll do my best to not make you worry.

SY: Yes.

YH: Don't worry too much about me.

SY: Does it seem like I'm only worried?

YH: You're worrying a lot.

SY: I'm hopeful, not worried. The hope to be in good health together with the person I like for a long time.

YH: I know.

SY: What do you know? You wouldn't know.

YH's eyes moisten and he looks at the message she wrote on his bandage.

SY: I'm sorry.

YH: What are you sorry for?

SY: *silence*

YH: Sleep. It's late. Goodnight.

SY: Sweet dreams.

YH: You too.

Let me update my list:

1. YH and SY's first hand holding

2. YH and SY's first hug

3. YH and SY's first kiss

4. YH and SY's cafe date

5. show us what happens to the prosecutor 

6. reveal the lawyer's sickness

7. the final decision about SY's dad's life

8. the nurse revealing she forced Yoon Sung Kyu to sign the form for clinical trial

9. revealing the nasty things going on in Jinmu Rijund (I suppose Ep 14 sort of wraps up the connection between Jinmu Rijund and Cherubim)

10. Dr Lee and Mirae's relationship

11. YH risking his life for awhile more as doctor (maybe) and/or getting treatment (soon/later)

12. SY's hair extension being removed hopefully (maybe the character Kang Si Young uses hair extensions? like it's her fashion statement? :P) (I think it's there to stay?)

13. SY being YH's official guardian (let's just make this accomplished since she did follow him for his treatment)

14. *new* YH PLEASE ADMIT YOUR FEELINGS TO SY :tears:

So he leaves ( we dont know yet) in ep 15 not in the final episode. So we can hope a happy ending right? 

Btw KSY’s fathers situation is still unresolved. Will he be there for her? I wonder... Its gonna be a loooong week. :tears:

8 minutes ago, nooneor said:

So he leaves ( we dont know yet) in ep 15 not in the final episode. So we can hope a happy ending right? 

Btw KSY’s fathers situation is still unresolved. Will he be there for her? I wonder... Its gonna be a loooong week. :tears:

Yeh a long and painful  week 

@fruitkatsu thanks  for translation  that scene 

let me add one and finally  wishes  to list 

Just dont leave 

My friends  who dream about kiss and more here look at me wishing for him to not to leave only 

@SC2019 thanks dear for the live recap it really helped  :kiss_wink:

Ducks and shares my unpopular opinion:  I like SY and CYH together but the drama has set up a potential separation that makes total sense to me. I usually hate the separation trope in dramas but here I feel it would be good for both characters. CYH is a doctor and CIPA patient. As much as he may like SY, I think a job researching CIPA is a great opportunity for him and he should take it if offered. It's sad for SY if he goes, but she's a second year resident, and I kind of think it would be better for her to concentrate on work and not a complicated romance. 

I'm surprised they haven't done more with SY's dad and his situation. I would think that would be the major storyline next week but who knows. 

Finally doctor C teamed up with the prosecutor as I predicted so yay!! Glad to see them on common ground for a change. I'll take that as a win. Saddest point was the boy passing away... I guess this triggers doctor C more to call it quits perhaps. Bummer!

Although doctor C is prepping for a silent MIA, his lady love senses it. Hope she gets to see him off. Ahhh I hate it when people leave without saying good bye. It just annoys me so much *shrugs* 

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

YH is shaping up to be a jerk.  After what she had done for him, he would just leave without even telling her anything.  She had to be notified from others that he was leaving.  That's cold blooded, man.

Yeh that what I mean 

All his acting is wrong  , i thought  he going to be honest and tell her his fear and worry  but not like this she was so honest with him even about how she feel about his condition but he just enjoy  all this live and sweet care till the end and than just leaving  cause he think it better  to her it just breaking  her heart more 

Sorry I like CYH  character  so much but the way he acting with Sy now it just cowardly  and selfish  and lt not about her but about him and his pain and fear till the end  

No matter  how much I like him I cant stop feeling the same it cold and unacceptable even if tell her before it just he decided everything and just noticing her cause he have no courage to face her from the start, she not going to give up easy and will br hurt  so much so he just choice the less  painful choices to him not facing her in pain but that dont change the fact that she will be hurt so much 

I hope I am wrong I still have hope he will not do that not even putting her again in place where she had to do everything  , just be a man and do some step  here 

1 hour ago, qynn said:

Ducks and shares my unpopular opinion:  I like SY and CYH together but the drama has set up a potential separation that makes total sense to me. I usually hate the separation trope in dramas but here I feel it would be good for both characters. CYH is a doctor and CIPA patient. As much as he may like SY, I think a job researching CIPA is a great opportunity for him and he should take it if offered. It's sad for SY if he goes, but she's a second year resident, and I kind of think it would be better for her to concentrate on work and not a complicated romance. 

I'm surprised they haven't done more with SY's dad and his situation. I would think that would be the major storyline next week but who knows. 

I hate that ending  it my personal  views  and I respect  your too 

But allowed  me to say if it wasn't  CIPA  and was cancer  and dangerous  stage  it will be okay for him to leave her 

People  find happiness even in short and painful times  there was so much story  about it 

I am not saying he shouldn't do his best  to find  a cure for CIPA  he a genius  and can do so much not just in that side but to other sickness  he already  did many research papers to be professor in that young age

But the problem not about him finding  a new life and new goal  it about him doing that to run from SY  that the problem, 

He running and that never  a good choices  he could still go there without  running sy isn't  someone to stop him doing great things  but the problem  we and even SY  understand  that he trying  to run from his feeling and from her and that what wrong and hurt 

I watched so many drama with dying people  get happiness  and love it not about health or how much time you still have it about how you allow  people  to be part of that life 

As I said I respect  your view it just my personal  thought that cant accept  that kind of behavior from CYH  

And he always say it to SY "thanks  you, it must be hard" and always thinking about how burden and pain he will cause her but he never get or understand  Sy answer  

"That cause she his guardian، 

That he dont understand  anything" 

I agree with sy he really dont get it at all 

He dont understand  that he just like every  and each  patient he meet in the past and she just like any family member  of any of them ; it not burden, it not suffering it what mean to be with someone you love it the same for everyone they will face someday someone they love being sick  and it hurt the most if they dont allow  us to part of their pain. 

Cyh really dont get it and dont get SY  feeling  that what make me so sad about it , it the way and the behavior he using  to handle  it not just the ending itself 

His actions wounded me. He knocked on her door.  Made her fall for him.  She confessed.  She showed him her heart sincerely.  In the end, he kept her in the dark and left.

The least he can do is be honest with her and he doesn't even want to do it.

The momentum is destroyed.  A beautiful rhythm is ruined.  The refreshing approach is no more.  And now I have to watch Romeo on the run.  Heh.  So much for that.

Looks like he's leaving without saying anything like ‘I’m going but I’m going for us.’ or ‘I’m going. Don’t wait for me. You have to live your own life.’ Because in preview KSY says ‘Why do I have to go there?’ and Doc Lee says ‘I should have told you before. ’ So Doctor Lee knows he will leave but SY doesnt?  She looks different from the character we've seen so far. She looks sad and broken. She doesnt want to go after him. I wonder why... 

I know this is a medical drama. But it also includes romance. So far they have acted as a couple. They've been through a lot together. If he wants to go its because he wants to find a cure so they can be together. For me it will be ridiculous if their relationship dont come to a conclusion or  like there is nothing happened between them. :crazy: This drama is said to be realistic.  Is that what happens in real life? I'm sure their relationship would be more complicated if this drama was like in real life. :sweatingbullets:

I am still not watching because I am conscious of my own situation in being unable to deal with the stress but I plan to watch.  It saddens me to hear that there seems to be such a lot of unnecessary hate for a character and for the situation, so I'd like to offer a thought even though I am not as informed as other posters who have been watching.

CYH is a very learned doctor.  He knows very clearly what the prognosis for his disability is.  He knows that his time with KSY would be short and that his passing would leave her devastated.  He knows that he should not pass on the genes that carry CIPA.  He knows that she has family in Korea who will support her but that she would be alone if she were with him if anything happened to him in Cleveland.

CYH's field of expertise is pain.  He may well be trying to spare KSY pain. 

CIPA is certainly a disabling illness, so even though the issue may not have been addressed as such in this drama CYH is disabled.

Call it "noble idiocy" if you will but I can understand where he is coming from.  It is hard to love a disabled person.  Have any of you ever tried to do so?  And it can be extremely hard for a disabled person to allow himself to be loved because he knows all too well the trouble he faces on a daily basis.  A love relationship is difficult at the best of times but love for with disabled is on a much different level, so some disabled people choose not to enter into relationships.  I know about this first-hand; it's painful and when you care about someone, you want to spare them the agony.

CYH hasn't been in "normal" relationships with the people in his life because he has had to keep his CIPA in mind at every moment, and that has separated him from people.  He probably doesn't know what it is like to have a love relationship, and he is choosing without understanding how much this will hurt KSY.

Yea, for me it's understandable.  First of all, he still have to go through an interview so it's not even finalize.  Maybe it was a rumor, and then people found out by accident as in most kdramas, but possible he still intended her to be the first to know on list.

I don't expect him to act normal.  It's amazing he's even as collected as he is where most people would literally fall apart.  He's been through so much back to back.  The sickness that he is hiding for the longest time is reveal, he just have a new sickness that can stop him from being a doctor from what little remaining time he has left, his patient was murder by cherubim, and there's Gi Seok.  Give the guy some time to process and a break.

I understand the part about being a Guardian and wanting to share the pain as a close love one.  This doesn't necessarily make the patient more comfortable in seeing their loved ones hurt.  Before there was a post about him not doing his routine checkup because he wants to feel normal.  Since she found out about him being sick, she has been very overprotective/worry as he mentioned.  It's cute and all, but once again he's reminded maybe even more so that he's sick.

He's a scientist and she literally wrote don't be sick so it wasn't any surprise to me that he's even more determine to check Cleveland out.  To me it's more about increasing the probability vs some fairy tale.  It's not like he's going to meet or date anyone.

We are making some assumptions about what ep 15 and 16 will reveal. For now it appears that CYH is determined to join the research team at Clevlend but whether he will see through that decision and whether he will return remains to be seen. Based on how k dramas are written he is likely to return.

I suppose most of us have taken offense that he has not honoured his promise to tell KSY first. We are alright with him finding a cure as that will mean he will be able to keep his word about making her worry less or not at all. But let's hold our judgement and see how the story unfolds. In the meantime, I shall endure the wait by watching the other couple at a certain hotel which should give provide me with enuf sweetness, as its more up their Alley than these two, practical, analytical beings whose duty is towards saving lives.

Everyone right let wait till the next week to judge as much as I was angry from CYH  behavior  till now as much as i still secretly  hope he going to surprise us and show another facts from what we think 

1.he still sick so maybe he lying  about going to new job  and he going to get treatment  

2. He still has to choice now after he has the chance  and still can be brave 

So I am going to wait I dont want to hate  CYH  I love him , but as much as I I understand  his situation, lonely life, pain and fear as much as I cant ignore SY  pain too , she too has suffering so much  lately  and she holding on bravely she didnt even have a break of breath from the moment she had that accident with her father, dealing  with her fear , facing her PTSD, backing on her feet  again, facing hating sister, unemotional mother, dying father, facing CYH  past, dealing with his CIPA, his rejection to her feeling , him being sick......

I want to understand CYH  is much but I cant let go of sy pain too, so I hope CYH will suprised me , really I want to see him do that 

Talking about  suprising  I know that CYH  will never accept or like the ex minster  plan but he again suprised me with q great answer  why this drug us different from what he did, why it murder, why it never should be allowed  

Let me summarize all his answers and add my understand 

" it the easy way , if that drug is there if it allowed, it will be the easy way for doctors  and patients, no one will fight the uncured pain, no one will want the hard way way of thinking  endlessly about another solution, about taking  the responsibility and pain if facing  the pain of people who dying, it will be the easy way for patients and doctors and it will not be using only when it needed but anyone can use it to kill under the name of saving from pain" 

What a great answer and what logical  belief  that stand against the ex minster and the lawyer believes, 

Medical was updated  all this  years  cause that pain of facing people  in pain and without hope  and be unable to do anything as doctors, family  or researcher that pain and not having other answer or away to run from it what make people  give  money, time , their all life to the goal of finding cure for the uncured and impossible things  

That why so many killing diseases in past have cure  now, that pain and that endlessly  worry and feeling helpless what make all that 

With drug like that, with the belief that easy and peaceful death Is the  solution no one will ever take the hard way if fighting for life 

Looks like the next two episodes will contain scenes where CYH has decided to leave for Clevland + KSY's father outcome. Wonder if he will head towards KSY's apartment before heading to the airport... Silently saying & waving goodbye to the one he opened up to, the one who makes him wanna be selfish, to care about himself first before other patients... As KSY lay in bed thinking of CYH, he's all the while downstairs looking up at her unit... And he'll probably leave her his apartment password as a sign "wait for me, i'll be back"? How i wish so.... 

One more week before the closure of the drama!   

Looks like they were filming HanYoung scenes last night KST.  Maybe they're working on scenes for ep 16.  I don't care if the sky falls down on him.  I still want him to follow through with a confession, kiss and wedding.  A man has to answer to a woman's love properly.  If not, Cha Yo Han will get my pile of rocks.  Right now, I don't even feel like watching ep 14.

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I suppose most of us have taken offense that he has not honoured his promise to tell KSY first.

I haven’t had time to watch.  What did he actually promise her?  Was it to tell her about changes in his medical condition first?  If so, that doesn’t exactly include matters pertaining to personal things like leaving the country.  I know, I know, it’s brutal coz she’s obviously fallen for him and he for her and you would “expect” that he would know that telling her first included flying to a new country indefinitely for a job/research project.  :lol:.  If the promise was just about changes to his medical condition, then technically, he still has CIPA, he still has viral labyrinthitis and nothing else has changed?

Let’s just say hypothetically, he did tell her.  Where would that leave her?  She would have to choose between her father and him?  I thought she was reckless and irresponsible initially when she wanted to run away to another country before meeting YH in the prison.  When she finally decided to own the responsibility of her dad’s condition, and return to her residency training it was a hallelujah moment.  In not telling her, YH left her with the option to stay with her dad (he decided on her behalf, he didn’t want to burden her with that choice).  Medically speaking, her dad is in a more dire situation than YH?  Yes he’s a ticking time bomb and could go like his dad did but he has established routines and safeguards to avoid that.  So even if he were to get sick in the US (?), there should be time enough for her to board a plane to be by his side and still see him alive.  I don’t think she would have that luxury with her dad if she were to decide to follow YH.

Watch: Ji Sung And Lee Se Young Are All Smiles As They Perfect Their Hug Scene In “Doctor John”

Sep 1, 2019
by S. Park
d29c1b8da17e4ea3b7c8c67dfcf417bc.jpeg?s=

SBS gave viewers a behind-the-scenes look at “Doctor John”!

In the latest making-of video, Ji Sung gives a child actor some tips for his upcoming scene and takes great care of him on set.

Doctor-John_1.jpg

In between takes, he chats with the child actor, explaining how he has to constantly fan himself to dry his clothes because his character isn’t supposed to sweat.

Ji Sung, Lee Se Young, and Hwang Hee run down the halls of the hospital and monitor the scene afterwards. Hwang Hee says with a laugh, “The three of us ran, but Ji Sung is so fast that he got in first place. Lee Se Young is fast too so she got second place. I’m satisfied with the bronze medal. Thank you.”

Ji Sung listens to music and stretches before filming. When asked why he’s stretching, he replies, “Because I’m sleepy. It’s my last scene of the day, but my physical endurance is a bit lacking. If I don’t do this, then I get sleepy.”

Once on set, he rehearses his hug scene with Lee Se Young and discusses the details with the director. When cameras begin rolling, Lee Se Young cries, and Ji Sung thoughtfully wipes away her tears after the scene.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1349367wpp/watch-ji-sung-and-lee-se-young-are-all-smiles-as-they-perfect-their-hug-scene-in-doctor-john

Archived