Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

On 8/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, nona88 said:

You can understand it by looking at the translation of the chart in the first page  on this forum  ( it will help you a lot) 

She has aunt  the doctor from her mother side and she has uncle the director from her father side basically  she own the hospital power from both sides, her life was going to be a rose of successful with her talent and connecting  if that accident  didn't happen 

But sure there power fight between her father and mother family after all it never a fairy  tale family when it come to power and money 

Ah completely neglected the first page. That makes much more sense.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:45 AM, ponderings said:

Ahh that's a good guess because Yerin Baek has a soft voice! I can't wait until it's released. I'll have on repeat definitely.

Thought they had uploaded it for a second but someone just put the scene up.

Looking forward to the release - actually really curious to know who the singer is because she sounds vaguely familiar

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

.....episode 5 has me rattling my cage and, although I've tried several times, I can't watch.  Too upsetting and too close to personal feelings.  The cast, especially Lee Se Young, is really making it real, and it hurts.  

I'm taking a break until I know more about what happens next.  If I'm spoiled, it's easier to watch without getting stressed.  This is an amazing drama but I need to wait.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, thistle said:

.....episode 5 has me rattling my cage and, although I've tried several times, I can't watch.  Too upsetting and too close to personal feelings.  The cast, especially Lee Se Young, is really making it real, and it hurts.  

I'm taking a break until I know more about what happens next.  If I'm spoiled, it's easier to watch without getting stressed.  This is an amazing drama but I need to wait.

Dear I know how hard it was for me to watch the first part of ep 5  so it's most hard for you to watch 

I wish you could back soon  after all I think  the father issue will be on hold for a while 

Ep 7 & 8 will be about dealing with Sy and CYH after founding the true about his CIPA and dealing with the virus that put  Sy and other in danger , so it safe zoon I think 

Ep 5 the first part of it was hard to me too seeing how it all happen and why SY  had to let go and how other family didn't understand that, but the rest of it and ep 6 was so good  to missed dealing with the pain of CIPA and other patients, seeing Sy  standing on again firmly not just helping but she was the one who found the really diseases for both patients was amazing 

When you ready come back , ask whenever about spoiler if you need it 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

So it's hinted that big boss mother hired Dr. Cha because she intended to use him to do the dirty work of performing mercy killing for her husband.  I wonder how she will ask him.  Something like,

Big boss mother:  You know with your resume, it would be a little hard to find a job.  And frankly my dear, I hired you due to your injection experience.  Can you inject you know some stuff into my hubby's IV.  You catch my drift?  (Shift brows up and down.)

Dr. Cha:  Hell no.  I'm glad you noticed I just got out of jail.  You want me to go back there or somethin'?

Big boss mother:  If you don't do it, I'll ask Si Young to do it.  I'm sure she'll be willing.

Dr. Cha:  No, not my woman.  I mean my trainee.  Fine, I'll do it.

Big boss mother (smirk):  Good.  Choose a date.

(As Dr. Cha was about to do his thing whatever it is, Dr. Kang showed up and stopped him.  Somehow and in some ways and other I'm not sure how, she ended up doing it because she didn't want him to do the dirty work.)

Meanwhile, the puppy squad consisted of obsessed prosecutor and sneaky former nurse caught wind of the situation.  Obsessed prosecutor called her on speed dial.

Obsessed prosecutor:  We got him this time.  I mean her.  I mean him.  I mean both.  Whatever.  They're going down.

Sneaky former nurse:  Groovy.  Wait, why am I in this with you again?  Never mind.  Let's go get them.

(to be continued)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

New still's 

201908071442052410_1_20190807144342404.j  

Source

Sy look good even in that suit 

For sure CYH need a protection  suit  to go inside  I dont know if they will allow  him since they cant risk more then the doctor that already inside  but cant wait to see him fighting the thoughts that SY maybe get sick :smirk:

• Like 6
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

New still's 

Sy look good even in that suit 

For sure CYH need a protection  suit  to go inside  I dont know if they will allow  him since they cant risk more then the doctor that already inside  but cant wait to see him fighting the thoughts that SY maybe get sick :smirk:

Hopefully SY is safe, Im more concern on CYH.. 

0002945457_001_20190807122022201.jpg?typ

Most welcome @Ameera Ali :kiss_wink: the gif is AWESOME! :lol:

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Hello everyone :) 

Joining you all for this awesome drama. The thread is so interesting with all your comments and insights I just had to. 

The power of Ji Sung is such that he got me out of hiatus and posting here again after a gap of 2 long years :D

Quick thoughts -

As per the prevalent imagery of this drama- man/ situations in a box, I am sure you all must have noticed how the dad's code blue scene  also took place in a glass cubicle. At the start there are only 3 people in that cubicle/ box- Mi rae, her mom and her dad the patient. Then in the box comes Shi young and the situation changes. I thought it was very thought provoking. 4 people with 4 different perspectives and convictions regarding the same thing- Mirae not ready yet to change the status quo; her mom unwilling to change the status quo even though she probably knows in her heart that there needs to be a breakthrough; Shi young finally having the courage to let a change happen; and lastly the patient whose wishes, there is no way of knowing, as of now, or even if he has any. I feel this will be the box where all of them come to the same page by the end of the drama and Yohan will be the one to bring them together. In the process Yohan himself will heal--he does have emotional pain and scars to deal with, you can see it in the way he keeps himself slightly distanced from others. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

Although is not officially out yet but this OST is awesome. Hope they gonna release soon. :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

behind the scene 

Thanks for sharing this :) the whole CIPA blooper is hilarious lmao

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

New still's 

I hope it not bad things  it the first we  saw CYH wearing a little  formal like this 

And he doesn't look so happy 

2019080901000629200039831_20190808081614

Source

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, serendipity... said:

Thanks for sharing this :) the whole CIPA blooper is hilarious lmao

Most welcome @serendipity... CIPA really cause them laughed non stop. :joy: 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, nona88 said:

Yeh I think that too, if that woman wasn't his mother ( since the mother sue him ) than she was a family member  but yeh she tried  to kill him I think to make him free from pain, 

Yeah I think that scene pretty much said as much.  When YoHan came in, the guy flatlined, he checks the drip (probably morphine, overdose causes respiratory arrest) and the flow rate is very fast...so I guess the mom (?) of the guy probably upped the dose and caused the cardiac arrest.  Had YoHan not intervened, he would’ve just died.  I don’t know if the guy asked his mom to do it but it seemed like the conversation implied that he did.  Because her words were, “He would hang in there if there was any chance that he would get better.  But however much he puts up with it, he will never get better.”  In other words, he wanted to go.  So from that sequence of events, it would appear that YoHan wasn’t the first to assist the patient to die.

As for why the Prosecutor seems so dogmatic about pursuing YoHan and making sure he doesn’t ever get to practice, it may be personal (he keeps fingering that ring of his with memento in it), but in his dialogue with YoHan he seems to have elevated it to a social setting.  He didn’t want YoHan influencing future generations of doctors into believing that euthanasia is a valid option and that they could “play God” in making those decisions about who gets to live and who dies.  So Prosecutor is of the belief that he is protecting the basic fundamental human right to life.  That’s why during that confrontation, there are scenes of a courtroom when they talk in their “box”.  I quite like this directing ploy.  Whenever there is something the PD wants the audience to consider, everything fades and there’s a box where the 2 people are talking.  It’s his way of saying to the audience, “listen hard.  This is important.  Focus on the issues spoken about here in this box.  Form your own opinion about it”.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Hey guys, i just wanted to share this with you. I was trying to see if someone was recapping this drama and someone is ^^ So i thought to share the link with you guys :D Enjoy!

https://thewritersroomchennai.in/2019/07/30/doctor-john-recap-index/

P.S: thank you for thewritersroom for recapping this drama^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

As for why the Prosecutor seems so dogmatic about pursuing YoHan and making sure he doesn’t ever get to practice, it may be personal (he keeps fingering that ring of his with memento in it), but in his dialogue with YoHan he seems to have elevated it to a social setting.

that patient is a kidnapper that caused the deaths of 2 6yo.. i think, the prosecutor and that nurse went to a columbarium in the first episode or something.. remember the scene where she said, the girl would have been 10yo now.. i suspect the girl is either the prosecutor or the nurse’s daughter..

it was a struggle to save that patient who was on clinical trial drug and in deep pain, but a bigger struggle knowing that he is a kidnapper as well. its easier to “just kill him off”..

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

that patient is a kidnapper that caused the deaths of 2 6yo.. i think, the prosecutor and that nurse went to a columbarium in the first episode or something.. remember the scene where she said, the girl would have been 10yo now.. i suspect the girl is either the prosecutor or the nurse’s daughter..

it was a struggle to save that patient who was on clinical trial drug and in deep pain, but a bigger struggle knowing that he is a kidnapper as well. its easier to “just kill him off”..

Yeah that was what I thought initially. The nurse’s child was one of the victims. I thought the Prosecutor’s child was the other but wouldn’t it be a conflict of interest to prosecute your child’s killer?  I thought there were laws against that.  It wouldn’t be a fair trial from the get go. 

• Like 7

@sadthe1st I doubt that the prosecutor is related to the criminal of the kidnapping, like the convicted killed his daughter. This would be illegal as the prosecutor is supposed to have no ties with the victim and the accused. In my opinion, the prosecutor's hatred for CYH and euthanasia is connected to his own story, like f. ex. one of his relatives decided to go abroad in order to get euthanasia.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

assuming the 2 6yo have nothing related to the prosecutor, another way of interpreting the hatred is, the patient is supposed to continue to live with all the pain (he was nose bleeding and had a gigantic tumor on the belly or something).. he is supposed to continue suffer much much longer (in a way, punishment? since he cannot be convicted in such a state) but was being euthanised and thus, shortened the pain and given the easy way out.. :huh: all just random thoughts.. especially now in ep6 it could have been the elder woman who did it and probably YH who condoned the deed.

• Like 6