Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Also, not sure if it's the translation issue but the relationships in the show with regards to the FL's family. Her mom is the chief, her dad is the chairman, a sister a fellow doctor, but then I'm pretty sure the subs said one of the big dogs at the hospital is her uncle, but then she calls the other senior doctor aunty? Does she have an aunt or uncle at the hospital and is it the mom or dad side

You can understand it by looking at the translation of the chart in the first page  on this forum  ( it will help you a lot) 

She has aunt  the doctor from her mother side and she has uncle the director from her father side basically  she own the hospital power from both sides, her life was going to be a rose of successful with her talent and connecting  if that accident  didn't happen 

But sure there power fight between her father and mother family after all it never a fairy  tale family when it come to power and money 

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Also a few things I'm unsure about

Did the mother of the guy he apparently euthanised try to kill him first?

Yeh I think that too, if that woman wasn't his mother ( since the mother sue him ) than she was a family member  but yeh she tried  to kill him I think to make him free from pain, 

I dont know if it still  use the same backstory  from the Japanese  novel  but in that novel 

Spoiler

The mother didn't care for her son but when he die she sue the doctor for murdering him, he had aunty  that cared  for him and she was the one who asked the doctor  to end his pain

But as I said this drama from the start change a lot about the backstory and the characters  building  so I doubt they will use the same story here 

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

I can’t stand KMR either!! Like I get she’s upset with KSY about her dad, but on a professional level she is just so unprofessional. It was KSY that analyzed their patients diary, and when she stopped the surgery, there was this scowl on KMRs face just like when she watched KSH helping YH in the surgery. I feel like she uses her dads death to justify her jealousy, something she probably had even before her dad died as someone in the same field as her older sister that probably was always a bit more talented than her in medicine. I mean if she really were a true doctor, she wouldn’t care if KSY her worse enemy is the one that helped her patient, she would care that her patient is saved and gonna be okay. It’s like she cannot separate personal with professional. I get that with her dad, but even with regular patients? She doesn’t seem relieved or happy at all that they didn’t have to do an UNNECESSARY surgery on a person that already tries to avoid pain as much as possible because of their condition. It grated my nerves so much, she had no right to criticize YH at the dinner or throw a whole hissy fit about it. 

Yeh she has a complex  from  Sy  as I write before she did get angry  that her sister shinning again so easy like she always did, and felt  jealous  she corrected  her mistake  and getting created and admiration from CYH 

She angry and jealous  that why she blaming  CYH now and talk like she fear about her sister

As I said she still not the bad one but if she keeps doing that blaming the world for her shortcoming and using her father issue to attack SY  that will be bad , I hope not she seem to me a weak heart and lonely  child rather than mean  and evil one 

But evil not always comes from wanted mind it also come from foolish and poor soul too , so I hope she dont go forward  like this and soon start to mature I dont want to see the prosecutor  using her to harm that family and CYH ( she said the same words he used ut maje me scared) hope next week when her sister  life in danger she will wake up 

It will really bad if she stay like this when SY and CYH start having romance she will attack both in bad way 

And she has shortcoming when it come to patients , she dont really care for them and trying to stay in the safe zone where she will not make mistake, it not about curing them from the pain it about find a logic reason and solve it no matter if it will be the really problem or will end their own pain  she was so smiling  and proud  of herself  when the patient approve the surgery not caring how he look sacred, feeling not easy  or happy  about it ( she was happy  for her success, not for the patient) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 12

I love Ji Sung! I haven't seen his recent dramas! But I did watch Kill Me Heal Me. I thought, "He was all these different personalities." 

And I thought, "Each personality is different!" I think he did a great job! I ask, "How will he do in this drama!" Please  wait for me!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I had watch many Korean Medical Dramas but I think Ji Sung's Pronunciation of Medical term is the most accurate. And what I like in this drama it used the original medical term in English or in Scientific name rather than translate it into something Korean (which most K medical drama) did. 

• Like 13

Ah.  When she cried back when, he sat quietly out of her sight to feel her grief.  Now when he's feeling down, she follows behind him quietly to keep her eyes on him.  So this is love, lalalalala...  lalalala...  Damn, can you peeps give me some more, and big sweet moments next time around.  You're killing me here with these mung beans size moments.  I'm squirming in pain.  Patience is a virtue I never had.  :bawling:

When I saw the preview for next time, I couldn't help but laugh (because I thought about Heo Jun and Dae Jang Geum).  Contagious epidemic all of a sudden?  People can't leave pain central?  This reminds me of Yasha.  Honestly, I don't care if the others are stuck in the ward.  I like the idea of Dr. Cha and Dr. Kang stuck together all day and all night, like straw near fire.  And if she gets sick, he'll tend to her.  Gingerly.

I don't really want their romance ends up to be another regret and I have to do another Casablanca spoof Dr. John style.

Dr. Kang:  What about us?

Dr. Cha:  We'll always have our pain central.  We didn't have it before.  We'd lost it until you came back to Seoul Hanse.  We got it back last night.

Dr. Kang:  When I said I would never leave you...

Dr. Cha:  And you never will but I have a job to do too.  Where I'm going, you can't follow.  What I've got to do, you can't be any part of.  Si Young, I'm not good at being noble but it doesn't take much to see the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of mung beans in this crazy world of pain.  Someday you'll understand that.

Dr. Kang starts crying.

Dr. Cha:  Here's looking at you, kid. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, anony12345 said:

I don't think it's Bol4 - the singer in that duo has a fairly distinct voice whereas the OST one was much softer. And I feel like they would have advertised it if Bol4 did the soundtrack. I was thinking Gummy originally but I also think they probably would have advertised that so absolutely no clue in conclusion! Maybe Yerin Baek.

Ahh that's a good guess because Yerin Baek has a soft voice! I can't wait until it's released. I'll have on repeat definitely.

@2handsintertwined I just recently rewatched Kill Me Heal Me after watching Doctor John ep 1. These both dramas are quite similar in those philosophical conversations revolving around the aspects of fear/darkness and hope/lightness. 

His other dramas I enjoyed watching: 

Innocent Defendant (suspenseful and dark)

Familiar Wife (light, humorous with hints of sadness) 

I think Ji Sung is drawn to stories that emphasize the preciousness of life.

And I love how some aspects of his life are seen through his characters. CYH does not drink alcohol and Ji Sung himself doesn't drink (after having a kid). I was like YES. Finally there's a character who doesn't drink in a Kdrama!  

I just wish Friday will come sooner. Le sigh. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Ah.  When she cried back when, he sat quietly out of her sight to feel her grief.  Now when he's feeling down, she follows behind him quietly to keep her eyes on him.  So this is love, lalalalala...  lalalala...  Damn, can you peeps give me some more, and big sweet moments next time around.  You're killing me here with these mung beans size moments.  I'm squirming in pain.  Patience is a virtue I never had.  :bawling:

Yeah we all want more but let be good kids  and enjoy  the progress :heart: , let be honest ot mot the slow one too, they had so much progress and feeling connected grown fast , usually dramas make us suffer for 8-10 before they even start to be nice to each other or have multiple feeling , here they are from 2 made us go crazy about them for good reason :blush:

When I saw the preview for next time, I couldn't help but laugh (because I thought about Heo Jun and Dae Jang Geum).  Contagious epidemic all of a sudden?  People can't leave pain central?  This reminds me of Yasha.  Honestly, I don't care if the others are stuck in the ward.  I like the idea of Dr. Cha and Dr. Kang stuck together all day and all night, like straw near fire.  And if she gets sick, he'll tend to her.  Gingerly

Yasha  it bring memories, despite the tragic  ending it was a great one , one of the kind at that time, really loved it 

I don't really want their romance ends up to be another regret and I have to do another Casablanca spoof Dr. John style.

Dr. Kang:  What about us?

Dr. Cha:  We'll always have our pain central.  We didn't have it before.  We'd lost it until you came back to Seoul Hanse.  We got it back last night.

Dr. Kang:  When I said I would never leave you...

Dr. Cha:  And you never will but I have a job to do too.  Where I'm going, you can't follow.  What I've got to do, you can't be any part of.  Si Young, I'm not good at being noble but it doesn't take much to see the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of mung beans in this crazy world of pain.  Someday you'll understand that.

Dr. Kang starts crying.

Dr. Cha:  Here's looking at you, kid. 

:joy::joy: you killing me here,  no not that kind of ending I hope , they dont like the kind of ending  it like this not CYH and neither SY  

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I have to repost this

credit to @Ameera Ali

OMG!!!! HELP ME!!! I'm fainting! Can he be my doctor????

The man is hot no matter what scene  even in his shy and cute scene  :smirk: what he can do it out  of his control!!!!

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6

download

Come on Dr Lee ,it’s not a competition  :joy:

download

** Done with my day of obsession about him  :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

It’s good that Dr Lee is eyeing for the other Dr Kang. Having two men liking one girl is so cliché. We need fresh relationship 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Yeah we all want more but let be good kids  and enjoy  the progress :heart: , let be honest ot mot the slow one too, they had so much progress and feeling connected grown fast , usually dramas make us suffer for 8-10 before they even start to be nice to each other or have multiple feeling , here they are from 2 made us go crazy about them for good reason :blush:

Yasha  it bring memories, despite the tragic  ending it was a great one , one of the kind at that time, really loved it 

:joy::joy: you killing me here,  no not that kind of ending I hope , they dont like the kind of ending  it like this not CYH and neither SY  

The man is hot no matter what scene  even in his shy and cute scene  :smirk: what he can do it out  of his control!!!!

I'm no good kid.  I'm a rebel.  The lovebirds have been flirting for the last 6 eps but all teeny subtle little stuff.  These folks are so cruel to me. :bawling:  They're playing me like a fish.

Now I even start to pay attention to the strange hair extension and wonder about the logic.  I've been trying to find the background song toward the end of ep 6 when Dr. Kang was following Dr. Cha.  The song came on in the background whenever there was a romantic moment between the pair.  I checked the ones on youtube and those are different.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

I'm no good kid.  I'm a rebel.  The lovebirds have been flirting for the last 6 eps but all teeny subtle little stuff.  These folks are so cruel to me. :bawling:  They're playing me like a fish.

Now I even start to pay attention to the strange hair extension and wonder about the logic.  I've been trying to find the background song toward the end of ep 6 when Dr. Kang was following Dr. Cha.  The song came on in the background whenever there was a romantic moment between the pair.  I checked the ones on youtube and those are different.

There two song the first the ost 2 " look at "

And there the new one it ost 3 but still not out  yet that why you didn't find it maybe it will be out next Friday  I like the two  romance song

2 hours ago, liltash85 said:

It’s good that Dr Lee is eyeing for the other Dr Kang. Having two men liking one girl is so cliché. We need fresh relationship 

Yeh I like it two hate the useless  love fight and two leads  crash on the same girl  

I liked how dr Lee or doctor cute  trying to get long with MR he notice that she dont get along with other easy ever if it her fault  being so cold and unsocial and attacking  people but doctor cute is so nice to not care, I think MR also like him around  even when she not good at showing it .

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Come on Dr Lee ,it’s not a competition  :joy:

** Done with my day of obsession about him  :sweat_smile:

He cute even when trying to write all CYH cool words, I like that he competes and want to win but he never hold grudges or being hateful, he cute and nice even when he jealous 

• Like 7

Just want to drop by and say this is actually the first doctor/hospital drama that I really really enjoy. The cast is superb and the storyline is very engaging, it's hard for me to look away. Also the OST and background music is the best I've heard this year from all the dramas I've seen.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, nona88 said:

he man is hot no matter what scene  even in his shy and cute scene  :smirk: what he can do it out  of his control!!!!

You are so right. I agree 10000%!!!! Aww. His shy cute scene? I got reminded of Kill Me Heal Me. One of his personalities was so cute! I wish I could remember!

Related image

I googled it. It was Ah Yo Na!!!

Edit: I'm watching 300 dramas right now. I can't wait to get started on his Doctor drama! Ji Sung is one of my favorite Korean Actors. Why? He cares about his work. He is kind. He is passionate!

Edit 2: @ponderings  I will reply you soon! I just now saw your post! forgive me!

Me looking at @ponderings

Image result for ji sung kill me shin se gi gif

Ji Sung as Shin Se Gi Personality(Kill Me Heal Me)

• Like 6
  • Love 5

I confess.  After 6 hrs of Doctor Yo Han, I'm still not attracted to Ji Sung.  I do think he's a sweet man in real life.  He reminds me of my little brother who is a year younger, also is a sweet person, good husband and father of 2.  Lee Se Young, I feel she has a strong personality.  I don't know if I will ever watch their other dramas separately but they work really well together in here.  They make a perfect team.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

You are so right. I agree 10000%!!!! Aww. His shy cute scene? I got reminded of Kill Me Heal Me. One of his personalities was so cute! I wish I could remember!

@ponderings , @2handsintertwined 

5d489721b19e4185988648.gif?download

Oppa is cute always :joy::mrgreen: 

5d489974477f1860975268.gif?download

@Lawyerh Kang-Daniel affect :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4