Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

Medical Team Led By Ji Sung Gathers To Enjoy Company Dinner Together In “Doctor John”

Aug 3, 2019
by J. Lim
a14816343f834023869deec149d758e1.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Doctor John” has released new stills of the medical team going out for dinner together.

“Doctor John” is a medical drama that tells the story of anesthesiologists and pain management doctors as they treat their patients for unknown causes to their pain. The drama has been well-received by viewers, rising to the No.1 spot in its time slot.

The upcoming episode will follow the team as they gather for their first company dinner together. They will be led by Cha Yo Han (played by Ji Sung) and Lee Yoo Joon (Hwang Hee) will get everyone gathered to say cheers. Cha Yo Han, Kang Si Young (Lee Se Young), Lee Yoo Joon, Heo Joon (Kwon Hwa Woon), Hong Yeon Jin (Son San), and Na Kyung Ah (Lee Yoo Mi) are all having fun and enjoying their time together. Meanwhile, Kang Mi Rae (Jung Min Ah) has a stoic expression on her face after appearing late.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1343137wpp/medical-team-led-by-ji-sung-gathers-to-enjoy-company-dinner-together-in-doctor-john
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you. MR is really too much: selfish and cold-hearted. Just because she doesn't want to lose her father, she is even willing to let him suffer. She doesn't see her father's pain. 

I think the prosecutor will approach the sister MR in order to corner CYH. After watching the episode 5, I understand now why the prosecutor is targeting CYH. He is strong believer (Christian) that no human has the right to take the life of another human, except god. That's why he is against death penalty and euthanasia. In his eyes, CYH should have spent 10 years in jail hence he is now after him.    

I think of it from different  view it not that he just against killing  that why he refused the death penalty.  I feel it just he force his own view and hate against criminal , he himself  was family victim at some point and he  think that the criminal  should suffer , should  live  long and suffer just like how the family of victims  has to suffer for the rest of their life 

So I think he punish  the criminal  as prosecutor  from his own personal beliefs, he said that CYH dont respect  the patient  will and force his own choices on them of life , death and pain but he talking  about himself  not about CYH he the one who force his own family victim  justice view  on all the other victims and dont care what they want and  dont care about the fact that different  people see different  justice and see different  ways to heal their pain

but no he didn't care for the victim family who wanted death penalty  and I dont think he care for the not taken life thing believe , I am just feeling  he just doing that in believe  that it the best punishment  for the killer's it the only way to make them pay for their crimes to live and suffer, you can see from how he dealing with CYH he not just hunting him no he will  hunt the people that close to him to make him suffer that not punishment that revenge and dark justice 

He just punish over and over the same criminal  who hurt someone he love by punishing  strange criminals, he the one who use his professional in a very selfish way 

I dont know if he was just the father of one of the kids or he maybe  has more big  past about being victim  to some horrible things, maybe more older reason's why he like this and he working with the nurses since she agree in his vision!!!

but  no matter it was, i think something happen for sure  so he lost his mind , he acting as God of justice and when people lost their logic and the true about being just human that can makes  mistakes they go behinds evil in name of justice 

He there someone who think he abouslty right and abouslty have the right to force his own justice on others , he more danger than the evil normal guy , he a believer who lost his grasp of reality.

And he come after CYH saying that he have the right to punish and wait for him to make another mistake as he was responsible on his acting when he wasn't the judge that give him less years  but in his mind he thinks  he the prosecutor, the judge and executioner  everything his responsibility, everything his fault and everything should be  as planned and want , he lost it dear, he the most scared   one . 

At least that what I think and feel maybe i am wrong but he creepy  me for that reason since I just feel he that kind of person not the normal evil .

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Just some pic from set.

On a side note, the prosecutor is weird. Disliked his character from the start

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@nona88 I am not disagreeing with you on this. The prosecutor Son is indeed intolerant and wants to force his own belief on others. Only his view is acceptable. However, I sense that he is against death penalty too. He refused to ask for the death penalty for a criminal which infuriated the victim's family. There are many reasons why the ill criminal was condemned to "suffer".

You are right: he has a god complex and considers himself superior to others. Notice that he is acting like a priest because he wonders if CYH has repented or has regretted his action.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

That prosecutor seems like the type of person that would put your soul in jail for murder after you committed suicide if that was ever possible... :wacko: 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 I am not disagreeing with you on this. The prosecutor Son is indeed intolerant and wants to force his own belief on others. Only his view is acceptable. However, I sense that he is against death penalty too. He refused to ask for the death penalty for a criminal which infuriated the victim's family. There are many reasons why the ill criminal was condemned to "suffer".

You are right: he has a god complex and considers himself superior to others. Notice that he is acting like a priest because he wonders if CYH has repented or has regretted his action.

dear and i agree with your view it will be one of the two or maybe they will  give us another third reason who know , we still didn't have the chance to see so much so we just can't be sure , but as you said one things is sure that he has the god complex that we all agree on it and we all agree how dangerous that man can be no matter what his really reasons he is someone with some belief and he go out of control forcing his own belief on other  he the blind one and the one that believe in dark justice so yeh he the most dander and creepy one for me 

28 minutes ago, nateko said:

That prosecutor seems like the type of person that would put your soul in jail for murder after you committed suicide if that was ever possible... :wacko:

yeh he would  it make me feel cold reading this words that why i said he look like grim reaper he think the moral punishment isn't; enough so  he hunting their soul and think they uncured sickness and they will never change and wil do te same crime again , he think their souls are dark:persevere: every scene with him only creep me more 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, nateko said:

If the prosecutor is a devout Christian, he would believe that suicide is the ultimate and unforgiveable sin punishable by an eternity in hell.  This is what I was taught in parochial school:  God will forgive any sin but suicide is the final turning away from God and it cannot be forgiven because the soul's life is ended.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, nateko said:

Yes, that's how I perceive him too. He is mixing up laws with belief and sees it as his duty to judge people. He judges them as sinners and not as criminals. This wasn't obvious, until the case with CYH appeared. That's why the prosecutor is now looking for CYH. The doctor might have been convicted and has even served his sentence but for Son, this is not over as long as CYH shows no remorse or doesn't repent his sin. Actually, Son is definitely acting like a priest. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Keywords. 

Knowing his lady has an umbrella, he still shielded her from the rain and let himself get wet in the process.  After attacking his lady with his jelly eyes, Dr. Cha invited her to dinner.  That night he had to use his second stomach because he had to eat 2 dinners.  "I'm glad I stopped you from leaving." Then he smiled shyly.  Shy Dr. Cha is cute.  Then, "hold it right there and step away from my woman, you creep."  Ah, assertive Dr. Cha is sexy.  Sure he has some shady past, serious OCD, and is a picky eater but he knows how to treat a lady and aside from being a competent doc, he's handsome to look at.  Needless to say, he's quite a catch.  Dr. Kang better makes some bold moves and scoops him up asap. 

I feel he will distance himself from her now.  It's definitely time for Dr. Kang to put her foot down and claim her man.  (Sidenote:  I have the same umbrella as Dr. Kang.)

• Like 5
  • Love 4

spoiler 

Spoiler

she found out !!!!!!!!!!!!!! she found out about his CIPA already :heart: i don't know  how he will react or she will react to this and i don't care right now, worry for latter right now  i just so happy she found about it already :kiss_wink: OMG that was a really great ep's i like all their scene together , and they way they show the really smart SY she coming back as the legend student again,  i can't wait for more ,  sure the kid  wasn't like CYH in the end but i liked how they show us his feeling and suffering and how it connect us to CYH feeling 

i am in the sky right now 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

It's been awhile since I last joined a forum, and here I am can't help but signed up again and be with you guys discussed about this new medical drama Doctor John. Dropping my thoughts and the things that I found interesting: 

1. The 2nd case about the patient who signed DNR: I'm quite confused about the scene when the patient had respiratory distress and they have to intubate him, the doctors argued whether to intubate him or not? It is clear that signed DNR, and not DNI so I'm guessing that there is no need to argue about it since they are technically allowed to do so? 

2. Case of the anal cancer patient: I think CYH is taking care of him as palliative patient, that the pain medication is used to give comfort and not actually to "relieve" the pain. There are specific pain medications such as opioids that are used for palliative patients: example Morphine 

The mechanism of those drugs block pain messages to our brain, hence patients feel the "comfort". (It's hard to discuss about it since I'm still learning and I must say, not the expert)

3. The Nurse: I don't understand her obsession about the case of the anal cancer patient 

4. Euthanasia: such a broad and sensitive topic. I'm am hoping that this drama give the right justice. 

• Like 9

Anyone have any idea about that old man in a wheelchair? Who is him? I have a feeling that it’s yo han’s dad? Did I miss anything?

it would be interesting if it is. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Abovewords said:

It's been awhile since I last joined a forum, and here I am can't help but signed up again and be with you guys discussed about this new medical drama Doctor John. Dropping my thoughts and the things that I found interesting: 

welcome here you really going to enjoy it have fun with great dramas and great friends here  talking about it  and enjoy it together :heart:

1. The 2nd case about the patient who signed DNR: I'm quite confused about the scene when the patient had respiratory distress and they have to intubate him, the doctors argued whether to intubate him or not? It is clear that signed DNR, and not DNI so I'm guessing that there is no need to argue about it since they are technically allowed to do so? 

well the things about the DNR is complected  , first you have to be with known disease and one that in uncured one and in the last stage , second there no hope for you to be cured or breath again in your own without macheince  and so many other things have to be for the DNR to be used  but what worst then that is the fact the person can sign up his DNR nut the family don't agree they can take the doctors and the hospital to court and argue that the patient wasn't in the stage of the DNR and that they killed him cause it was easy then trying more hard , and since the DNR agreement is open  case that conflict with the so many legal and moral  rules and not so closed and clear one they can be really win the court against doctor  even if the patient ask for this 

in this drama case the patient didn't have a clear known disease  that was the mean argue there if they should do as his well or that it not the case that DNR allowed to used and sure they were afraid from what will happen to them if they choice one of the two since in either way their risk the family will sue them for not respect his will or cause they use it when they shouldn't 

2. Case of the anal cancer patient: I think CYH is taking care of him as palliative patient, that the pain medication is used to give comfort and not actually to "relieve" the pain. There are specific pain medications such as opioids that are used for palliative patients: example Morphine 

The mechanism of those drugs block pain messages to our brain, hence patients feel the "comfort". (It's hard to discuss about it since I'm still learning and I must say, not the expert)

3. The Nurse: I don't understand her obsession about the case of the anal cancer patient 

4. Euthanasia: such a broad and sensitive topic. I'm am hoping that this drama give the right justice.

i can't answer this points it still open to me too , it as we said here before it not white or black are , not about right or wrong it hard and sensitive area that can be seeing from different views and feeling i just like the balance in this drama they show many of views from different people they don't make on right and hero and other wrong it just show the really life conflict on it 

about the nurse or the crazy other guys they  had their own personal reason or  crazy belief going on but for sure they have a hidden  agenda it not just about what they talk about , we here suspect that they connect to the two kids that  were killed on the hand of the patient that CYH killed 

2 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Anyone have any idea about that old man in a wheelchair? Who is him? I have a feeling that it’s yo han’s dad? Did I miss anything?

it would be interesting if it is. 

no idea he maybe CYH dad and he not death ? he maybe someone who raise or care for CYH from far for some reason !!! he maybe be SY grandfather he the  CEO of the hospital and we know that SY family from both sides has power in hospital 

i looking forward to know him but hope he on the good side SY and CYH has so many enemy and difficult already 

from some scene form this ep it look like SY father and mother has their own sin and hidden past too ,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I  think the sister in this eps  show her complex from SY she sure angry about her father and have right since she cant understand what Sy had suffered but she really dont get  it , why Sy okay ? How come she can continue to live and laugh? Why she not in pain like her about her father? No she should be in more great pain from what she did !! 

And it all mixed  between anger and jealousy of how strong Sy is , and how smart and amazing she is , she cant hide her complex from her of his she show her talent again get to succeed again even after all what happen!! I think she always  had complex from her even before from one side she admires her talent and perfection and on other side feel jealous  and tired from working so hard but never get to her level  

It the same after what happen to their dad her complex didn't allow her to try to understand what Sy felt  or feeling now it was just not acceptable that the perfect  sister that everyone like make that mistake it like " if you that perfect  you should live like that forever  you dont have the right to make that mistake after how every one give you the special  treatment " 

It also show  now after her sister coming back and start to shine again, she cant accept that why she can do that! Why she again the center of everything  and having everyone around her 

She was jealous  her sister found the  sickness  get to be in that important surgery and  getting again all the  created and admiration again 

It kind of forcing her view of pain on her sister , she should  suffer as I think not in her own way  yeh I am scared  that the prosecutor  will use that but I think she need to see how ugly it can get when you force your own judgment and dealing  with pain on others, she will learn that in the hard way seeing how the nurse and the prosecutor trun  into 

P.s. I still dont think she evil or will do evil  things to Sy but I am afraid  of how foolish she can be to get use  from other to hurt her sister, I hope not since I really dont hate her if I have to blame  than blame  the mother and father, till now the mother didn't sit  and talk properly  with any of her daughters she just do what she think and feel even seeing the two daughters having a broken ties because what happen 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@nona88 I agree that their mother is to blame for the broken relationship. She did resent SY after the father had been brought to the hospital because she said and did nothing, when she saw her daughter crumbling under the weight of guilt. She left her alone. Furthermore, she didn't criticize MR for the slap. She remained passive. In fact, I have the impression that the mother is avoiding any responsibility for her husband's condition/death. She did CPR, until SY asked her to stop so that SY became the one "responsible" for his imminent death. But he didn't die. The mother seems to be similar to MR. Somehow, I have the impression that MR wants to let her father live too so that she can not be blamed for his death in reality. I feel like MR doesn't feel any concern and responsibility for her patient that's why she is not so good compared to her sister. Due to her huge sense of responsibility, SY is determined to find the cause of pain / illness. MR didn't pay attention to the pain diary. She relies too much on the clinical methods (running tests) instead of listening to the patient's suffering.  

• Like 6

My beef with daddy's accident is why didn't they choose a less severe route so that I can't keep thinking there was no way he could have lived after that fall.  The tragedy of life isn't death but living a life so miserable and painful yet don't even have the courage to end it.  And in real life, there is no doctor like Dr. Cha who would be willing to go to jail for making a dignified death possible.  It's a dirty job that no one would want to do.

Can't watch the latest ep yet but I feel a trickling, of subtle flirting.  I will need more than that to survive in the desert until the next round.

• Like 6

OMG   I know he was that kind of person but watching his speech  with CYH with sub 

tenor.gif

He really out of his mind 

"Murder  always  come from firm belief " :scream: 

you saying that once you murder you will never change you will kill again since it your beliefs!!! There no other reasons in the world !!!!  Really it not like I say killing someone is different or should allowed for some reasons  but even me know that it not the same cases not each  murder  is a pure evil who enjoy  killing or  believe in it as the always right way to live his life

I know it, I know you was a crazy believer and justice insane:cry: 

And wait a minute who the person here who think himself  above law ?? The murder who kill as you said from their  firm belief and think the belief is above the law or you who think that law is not enough and  you should make sure they have your punishment???? 

Just who the one who don't respect the law and think his belief is above what the human law  decided???? 

tenor.gif

AH I REALLY  DON'T LIKE HIM IT THE FIRST  TIME IN MY LIFE I DON''T LIKE CHARACTER SO MUCH LIKE THIS FROM THE START, THERE  REASON WHEN SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO ALWAYS TRYING TO UNDERSTAND ALL DIFFERENT PEOPLE ACT AGAINST SOMEONE LIKE THIS , I JUST FEEL IT HE THE ONLY KIND OF PERSON WHO I CANT ACCEPT 

edit :

Spoiler

you know i never understand why people cant understand other , no matter how different person he still a person with his own life and belief you don't have to agree with them or like them or everything about them but you can always have basic  understanding,

i believe in evil doing but i don't believe in pure evil, there no person who born to be pure evil but it all about life choices that can turn angel to evil and evil to angel i know why i don't like him so much the way he think is so much for me he deny every human right to change to be forgiving and to live again, he has no right to do that no one has that right even god give us the right to choice and always open the door for the changing of heart , yeh there human law and heaven law to punish sin and they should happen but it was never a closed door so i hate how he acting like he has the right to decide someone fate for all his life

i can't stand crazy believer on  one though it sure wrong  no matter in what issues, it just deny human right to have different view , i can accept anything in my really life just this one thing i can't people who go around forcing their belief and though and act as god that will never make mistake, accepting should mean to me someone i respect him and he respect me even if we have different views

i am logic person  and believer in science  and god i found my own balance in life and believe that there some lines that should never be crossed  most important on in my life  to never be extremism to something no matter what, we are a human and we will never be right all the time even if the idea right we proved as human that we ruin it and make a mess mistakes once we become extremism  it not the idea fault it the human fault who become arrogant in name of case or some thought  and think they become impervious to sin 

i am sorry for long post he just really made me angry it just touch a personal point on me, i will be okay later i don't want to be  drown in hate and angry like this no matter what kind of person stand in front of me,  it drama but it touch so many really life views , i liked so much and i am going to let my anger go away and enjoy it, it good cause  it show all that i hope he at some point get what he really doing and back off before it to late 

• Like 6

I agree with everything you all said about the prosecutor, I can't stand his POV for real.

In the preview for next ep, there will be a contagious virus and SY gets the old man patient(Asa Ron niruha :D) blood stuck to her mouth area. That may infect SY with the virus too, and that also means we may get an iconic scene which the male lead will take care of the female led on her sickbed :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 1