[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

Does anyone know who the nurse is?  The one who campaigns and is out to get YoHan?  She identified herself as the nurse who got the patient (who was killed by YoHan) to sign up for a clinical trial?  To be honest when I looked at him (the patient) on that bed with his distended stomach and in so much pain, a clinical trial would only extend the agony and it wouldn’t do much for his quality of life.  The Prosecutor guy is related to her?  When they both showed up at the boy(?)’s Columbarium I thought they were Husband and Wife but it doesn’t look like it.  The patient YoHan killed was the kidnapper who killed 2 boys?  Maybe that’s how the Prosecutor and the Nurse are linked?  They are the parents of the 2 boys?  Maybe that’s why they were angry with YoHan.  They wanted the killer of their children to suffer for a slow lingering death.  They were angry that YoHan denied them of that because he sent the patient off early to his death.  I am trying to figure out why they are so mad with YoHan. :huh:

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Does anyone know who the nurse is?  The one who campaigns and is out to get YoHan?  She identified herself as the nurse who got the patient (who was killed by YoHan) to sign up for a clinical trial?  To be honest when I looked at him (the patient) on that bed with his distended stomach and in so much pain, a clinical trial would only extend the agony and it wouldn’t do much for his quality of life.  The Prosecutor guy is related to her?  When they both showed up at the boy(?)’s Columbarium I thought they were Husband and Wife but it doesn’t look like it.  The patient YoHan killed was the kidnapper who killed 2 boys?  Maybe that’s how the Prosecutor and the Nurse are linked?  They are the parents of the 2 boys?  Maybe that’s why they were angry with YoHan.  They wanted the killer of their children to suffer for a slow lingering death.  They were angry that YoHan denied them of that because he sent the patient off early to his death.  I am trying to figure out why they are so mad with YoHan. :huh:

Yeah, I think the nurse's little boy was one of the two that was kidnapped and murdered. It would explain why she got the patient to sign the papers for the clinical trial - she wanted her child's murderer to suffer as much as possible. If I were in her shoes, I'd probably be angry with Yo Han for denying her that, for giving him a dignified death when her child didn't get the same. I'm not sure how the Prosecutor fits in. 

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I want to know too 

But still now  it not clear about their  story 

But for sure they hidden  agenda  more then being just a nurse  and prosecutor  of the kidnapper who chy  killed   they hide their  hate under  their  lies  of caring  for the kidnapper  that die in cyh  hand 

So mostly  you right they linked  for the boys of one of them that were killed by the kidnapper and there  more of their  story 

I agree with you that the  patient  wasn't  in situation  to be in trial  he was in last stage it was going to be like using him only as pig  for experience  with no chance for his surviving and making him only suffer more I dont even think he really sign  that agreement by himself  or at least  by his will.

I hope to understand  more but look today eps was shown the side story of  cyh  I like how  he open his heart a little  to sy  and  he really care  for her pain that why he share  that story :heart:

Even  when I still think he know more the he show or say 

After watching   the full ep 4  raw

I have to say that Sy  shine in this eps she nailed the character  and her feeling  it getting better  since we have a very good two  leading standing and giving us a a very strong and emotional  scene :thumbsup:

I don't have to talk about CYH character  he just keep getting  better and better  with each eps :heart:

I like the balance  between  romance , emotional, patients story and the funny and  human side 

I looking forward  for all the character  too , the mother, the sister , the cute doctor  and other students  in the pain  department  

I am just really fearing all the cute scene  they giving us cause  it candy before the really hard eps  coming to us ( the prosecutor  really scare me from the poster till now he going to be a really evil person to them and gr going to target  SY now since he notice CYH  caring  for her :skull:

I dont know but if they get over SY father story so fast already  that mean  it  going to focused  on CYH story now , they building  the characters   and their bond for the fight that coming to them , I hope after the heart full  talk we had in ep 4 between SY and CYH  about what happen in the past that Sy  will be strong enough  to stand and help CYH now 

I am still on the fence about the ethical part of the viewpoint both Si Young and Do Han are toying with. Doctors are not supposed to play God....I kind of get what happened with Si Young but Do Han is still a mystery to me. I like the budding romance though. Ji Sung....the way he stares....Goodness :sweatingbullets: :wub::D

Today's episode was something rare (at least in my experience):  the way that SY and CYH were in a "box" during their intense conversation on the street.....that's the way I felt while I was watching this episode.  I was so fixated on the screen that I was aware of absolutely nothing around me because this drama drew me in so completely.  It was amazing.  I feel like I've been somewhere very far away.

28 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Ji Sung....the way he stares....Goodness

Oh my.  He's dangerous.  ;)  I don't think I've seen his previous dramas, so I'm gonna have to go find his other work.   

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am still on the fence about the ethical part of the viewpoint both Si Young and Do Han are toying with. Doctors are not supposed to play God....I kind of get what happened with Si Young but Do Han is still a mystery to me.

Yeah I think the drama is supposed to do this.  To make you wonder and to make your own decision as to where you sit on the whole euthanasia debate.  Euthanasia is legal in some countries.  And in others there are very strict rules about when it’s allowed.  Then there’s assisted and unassisted euthanasia.  Assisted is what YoHan did, actually injecting a lethal dose of anesthetic to send the patient on their way.  Unassisted is when you unhook a patient off a ventilator and let them die.  It’s never an easy decision to make .  

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Today's episode was something rare (at least in my experience):  the way that SY and CYH were in a "box" during their intense conversation on the street.....that's the way I felt while I was watching this episode.  I was so fixated on the screen that I was aware of absolutely nothing around me because this drama drew me in so completely.  It was amazing.  I feel like I've been somewhere very far away.

Oh my.  He's dangerous.  ;)  I don't think I've seen his previous dramas, so I'm gonna have to go find his other work.   

Yeh I liked this scene too so much  :heart: it was so much like my feeling for this drama 

I am a prisoner  of this box , I cant wait I want to see more 

About ji sung he more than amazing he make fell in love with his eyes 

you should watch all his preview  work the man is acting genius  you wouldn't believed  how much different  and amazing  characters  he played till now , he can make you just believe  on his character  so much to think it his really personality, there many actor who I loved thier  amazing work but not like this man everytime  I think he get the top performance that I cant get over his great character this will be his top and best one but  he come back with another drama and another character  to make it clear " I am still not done yet , forget about the past one and be amazed  by this new one ":heart:

my favorite  dramas you most watch 

Spoiler

Secret  love, kill me heal me , protect  my boss and a new heart 

I can watch them over and over with beating heart 

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am still on the fence about the ethical part of the viewpoint both Si Young and Do Han are toying with. Doctors are not supposed to play God....I kind of get what happened with Si Young but Do Han is still a mystery to me. I like the budding romance though. Ji Sung....the way he stares....Goodness :sweatingbullets: :wub::D

Dear I watched now with sub so I understand  his view ,

It can count as spoiler  so  my friends dont read it if didn't watch it yet and you dont like knowning  before watching 

Spoiler

he was beside  that patient  for two  months  knowing  he cant be cure , he only give his painkiller  waiting for him to die and knowing he cant stop the pain with the painkiller too, 
The patient  ask him to stop his pain too even if he going to die,  like  CYH said it wasnt  treatment  it was tournament  for the patient  they just were waiting for him to die on himself  to not take responsibility  as doctor but there was nothing more they doing for him 

it hard and not  black and white  area  It hard for me till now to say that i agree on taking life even when the owner of life ask for it , it just like suicide  thing!!!

Are we going to agree if the patient  killed himself  by himself  to stop  the not stopped and uncured pain  ??? No we still have our own  doubt  about it we still have side that understand and side that refuses  taken your own life  no matter what  

But in the end we  talk so big and proud  but we  wasn't  the patient  or the doctor we cant understand  their mind totally  

I get to understand  a little  after this  episode  as CYH refused  to give the fighter  life even when he asked for it cause life isn't  easy you cant give it just cause you cant live it like you want either  you can  just decide  to end your life or other cause it hard to handle  pain, as CYH   said he not responsible  for the death and life of his patients  and neither he a doctor who kill his patients  so I understand  his view a little more now he not the control  nuts  who think stopping pain is his only care  he care for the patients  and their  families and their  life too 

P.s. I dont say  i am against  people  who cant understand  or agree on what CYH  did  I am  more then understand  that ,  I still in my  really life cant accept  that choice not from the patient  not from the doctor I am more fate  person  and believer  who still think it not our choice to end life even ours 

but as I said I am talking big and in pride  way since I haven't being there before so I cant say I  am  100% sure if that happen to me or loved one that it will be a clear and sure thought on me to let them or my self suffer uncured  pain I will not have the right to say that till I will be there for really( i am praying that I would never   experience  that in my in my life and not in any of your too) 

On 7/27/2019 at 11:07 PM, nrllee said:

Unassisted is when you unhook a patient off a ventilator and let them die.  It’s never an easy decision to make .  

It is a very, very painful thing to have to decide.  I know because I have had to do this. 

I never thought that I would say something so personal on a forum but here's the truth (and I've got to warn that this is upsetting so you may not want to read and I'm not even sure I should post this):

Spoiler

My mother had a D N R.  The hospital decided to put her on life support despite this.  I had to make the painful decision to have it disconnected.

It's something I really don't talk about because it's something you cannot describe or express.  And it's why I understand that the highest form of love is sometimes simply letting go.  Arranging to have someone's life support removed is the most final letting go of all. 

Perhaps this is why this is one of the reasons why this drama resonates with me.  And possibly the reason why I completely shut out everything around me while I was watching yesterday's episode.  I think I needed to hear the things that C Y H was saying about ending pain.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:22 PM, nona88 said:

I cant say I  am  100% sure if that happen to me or loved one that it will be a clear and sure thought on me to let them or myself suffer uncured  pain I will not have the right to say that till I will be there for really( i am praying that I would never   experience  that in my in my life and not in any of your too) 

As someone who has been there, I can say for certain that when someone you love is suffering, you can find the inner strength to turn off a ventilator.  I genuinely hope that you never ever have to do so.

56 minutes ago, thistle said:

Perhaps this is why this is one of the reasons why this drama resonates with me.  And possibly the reason why I completely shut out everything around me while I was watching yesterday's episode.  I think I needed to hear the things that CYH was saying about ending pain.

yes that right it danger issues to talk about  in drama as CYH said even in really life the doctors refuse to talk about that issues

but as much as it danger as much it a really things that face many people , that thought that we want to let it out of our life still come to us at some point, so many had suffer that, so many refuse to think  about what will they do if they were facing it 

that why it so interesting that why everyone different view in the drama still interested to us to watch and to understand 

it not about right or wrong or black and white it about to choice the hard one between the most painful choices in front of you 

i feel connect to it so much to , so i understand how much you will be connected to it , i hope CYH words was painkiller to you or other it was for me who couldn't accept his view at first but i get to understand that now as i said it not like i agree but it not like i have the right to judge that i know it from the start it not my place or right to do that 

55 minutes ago, thistle said:
9 hours ago, nona88 said:

I cant say I  am  100% sure if that happen to me or loved one that it will be a clear and sure thought on me to let them or my self suffer uncured  pain I will not have the right to say that till I will be there for really( i am praying that I would never   experience  that in my in my life and not in any of your too) 

As someone who has been there, I can say for certain that when someone you love is suffering, you can find the inner strength to turn off a ventilator.  I genuinely hope that you never ever have to do so

THANKS DEAR,   that why i said  it different  to talk from the outside view than being there for really 

for what you have to go through 

Spoiler

everything change on that moments so i so sorry that  you had to go through it

but i am so proud of you to face that with courage and power , it never easy for the people who has to face that moments so i know it wasn't easy for you 

i am  sure the love one can understand each other feeling the best and i am sure it the same for you and your mother i will pray for her to rest in peace and i am sure she still feel your love 

thanks for sharing it  i wasn't there  before and i am selfish to pray to not be there in the future since i know how painful to see love one suffering now  but if i have to be there at one time as you said the courage and strange will come too to help me decide what to do 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

It's something I really don't talk about because it's something you cannot describe or express.  And it's why I understand that the highest form of love is sometimes simply letting go.  Arranging to have someone's life support removed is the most final letting go of all

Wow thank you for sharing your story chingu and my deepest condolences for your loss:heart:

12 minutes ago, nona88 said:

that why it so interesting that why everyone different view in the drama still interested to us to watch and to understand 

it not about right or wrong or black and white it about to choice the hard one between the most painful choices in front of you 

When I first started this drama, I felt some ‘House tv show’ vibes mixed with ‘doctor prisoner’ because of all the diagnosing and medical practices in a jail. Now in the hospital and seeing the main expertise of this drama, I think the subject of pain management is certainly underrated because I thought all anastesialogist do are put people to sleep in surgery and monitor them. But it makes sense they are skilled in managing pain too since morphine is administered though IVs too like anastesia? But not only are we being introduced to the theme of doctors being responsible for a patient’s pain, we are also given such important issues like euthanasia and assisted suicide that are still being debated to this day. And in all this, even given food for thought about a doctors moral compass and the  ‘grey’ side of all this ethical problems.

19 minutes ago, nona88 said:

THANKS DEAR,   that why i said  it different  to talk from the outside view than being there for really 

for what you have to go through 

7 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Wow thank you for sharing your story chingu and my deepest condolences for your loss:heart:

Thank you.  :)

On message boards we often theorize when discussing dramas.  That's understandable because we are trying to figure out things that we may not have experienced.  In this particular case, I have genuine experience, so it seemed somehow that I could share that understanding and maybe help clarify what it feels like to end life support. 

When there is a choice to be made about End of Life, it is a challenging topic.  There is no overall right or wrong answer; I believe that it is a singular and individual matter each time a choice must be made. 

In my mother's case, it was what she would have wanted so my actions were to honor her wishes no matter what.  A few people in real life have questioned me on this but I stand firm that it was right to let her go and, as I said, I have no regrets.  

The dialogue from CYH was very enlightening in these matters.  I really have to applaud the writer of this drama because she has written with great understanding and insight.  I am looking forward to the rest of this drama, and I will be especially interested to see how SY deals with the consequences of her father's health care because that's something that truly hits home for me. 

Hi, everyone! Just started watching this drama and I like what I see so far. Let's be honest, Ji Sung can make me watch anything, I'm a huge fan of his. The way he stares at the female lead... hot damn :joy: On a more serious topic, I think that euthanasia can be the biggest mercy to some but it also opens a possibility of it being abused. It's a very heavy and difficult topic to discuss but I'm also glad the drama doesn't shy away from it.  

@thistleThank you for sharing your story. 

I appreciate the way the drama is raising the topic of euthanasia and making the characters as well as viewers think about and discuss difficult ethical questions. Personally, I support euthanasia with certain restrictions, but I understand other viewpoints as well. So far I think the drama has done a good job of presenting different viewpoints as well as making me think about how I would feel as a doctor, a patient, or a family member. 

I want to say I'm glad there is good discussion going on in this thread. 

1 hour ago, nateko said:

Let's be honest, Ji Sung can make me watch anything, I'm a huge fan of his. The way he stares at the female lead... hot damn :joy: 

When I checked yesterday to see what other work JS had done, I realized that he was the ML in a somewhat naughty movie that I saw and oh my goodness.....  :sweatingbullets:

Anyone else watch this?  

Spoiler

My PS Partner.  (this movie is apparently also known as Watcha Wearin'?)  And he's mostly naked in one scene.

Is it warm in here?  ;)

12 hours ago, nona88 said:

my favorite  dramas you most watch

Thanks!  I will definitely be checking out more of his roles.

24 minutes ago, thistle said:

When I checked yesterday to see what other work JS had done, I realized that he was the ML in a somewhat naughty movie that I saw and oh my goodness.....  :sweatingbullets:

Anyone else watch this?  

Reveal hidden contents

My PS Partner.  (this movie is apparently also known as Watcha Wearin'?)  And he's mostly naked in one scene.

Is it warm in here?  ;)

Just watched the trailer and welp... imma go and watch it right now :naughty: Only watched him in dramas before this

39 minutes ago, thistle said:

He leave nothing to imagination :joy::mrgreen:

Me after one clip I am blind god help :tounge_xd:

Archived