[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

Text preview of ep 11

YH is suspected of turning off the patient’s  respiratory system. Seon Seok Gi begins to investigate not only YH but the entire team. KSY believes YH is innocence %100 and the trust between them deepens. Meanwhile, the fact- finding reveals an unexpected truth...

Thanks for sharing it :heart:

At least my dream of more supportive scend between this two coming true :blush:

look like the prosecutor isn't so stupid or blind  by revenge since he investigate everyone not only cyh  , wait a moment maybe it doesn't sound good at I get it in the first reading

Is he was trying to blame everyone on that not just CYH?? 

Okay I hope the first and nice version  of what I understand  from text is what will happen 

"Reveal an unexpected true" 

First it meah the problem  will end with ep 11 thanks good no dragging framing plot 

Second what the unexpected true I more fear this one 

2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

The drug introduced possibly goes against YH's philosophy.  It's probably some powerful pain killers. 

Regarding the most recent case, YH of course didn't do it.  So the unexpected truth is...   it was her sister.  Furthermore, they found out YH was framed the first time around.  And the culprits are...  Dr. Stalkalot and his minion, 2 faced lawyer.  The nurse also works for him.  But wait, there's a great grand plot twist...

Hey I tried.

:joy: I like it as long as it not one of CYH  team who did it , I will  handle any crazy evil  plan ( i am sorry that doesn't mean to give us a nuts evil one ) 

4 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

The coffee date scene that we are looking forward? 

:heart: I will take any dates between this two with so much happy and thankfully heart 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Se Young has such unique haircut.  I'm cool with it.  :D

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

Thanks for sharing it :heart:

At least my dream of more supportive scend between this two coming true :blush:

look like the prosecutor isn't so stupid or blind  by revenge since he investigate everyone not only cyh  , wait a moment maybe it doesn't sound good at I get it in the first reading

Is he was trying to blame everyone on that not just CYH?? 

Okay I hope the first and nice version  of what I understand  from text is what will happen 

"Reveal an unexpected true" 

First it meah the problem  will end with ep 11 thanks good no dragging framing plot 

Second what the unexpected true I more fear this one 

:joy: I like it as long as it not one of CYH  team who did it , I will  handle any crazy evil  plan ( i am sorry that doesn't mean to give us a nuts evil one ) 

:heart: I will take any dates between this two with so much happy and thankfully heart 

I don't think any doctor would risk their future doing that.  And I'm still thinking they'll have their coffee date in ep 12.  It's hard waiting for the new ep.  They really should have one ep per day.  My addiction is killing me tenderly.

I like how SY slowly gained YH's respect.  When YH became SY's mentor, the dynamic was along the line of SY looking up to YH with admiration.  By paying attention to the patient, SY was able to grasp clues before YH could think of.  He started to see her in a different light.  Then when he said "you and I can do this", it just means he saw her as an equal who could provide him with insightful discovery with her thinking.  Meanwhile, the dynamic completely changed after SY found out about his illness.  She started to wear the pants in the relationship.  YH got whipped and must listen to his woman.  I liked this a lot.  And it's progressing to the point where he's fallen down (literally) and needs someone to rely on (which is what I was hoping to see).  There's no superiority in their relationship.  It's the relationship where they complement, support each other through hard times, deep trust and understanding.  I like the fact that SY is a straight shooter and is a competent partner.  While the title is Dr. John but the core of the drama is really about the dynamic between YH and SY.  Their encounters and interactions prompt growth in their characters, creating a relationship in perfect harmony which is the essence that drives the show.

2 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Shinobu I thought I saw a belly too on Ji Sung but it didn't make sense coz his silhouette looked pretty flat :lol:

I've been playing Minseo's Star on repeat the past few days. Love that OST track so much :wub:

Hopefully there are some new updates today to tease us >< 

I saw it I saw it, the protruding belly.  :P  Unless he'll take off his clothes again so I can confirm.  ;)

I've been wondering about the translation of the song and if the trans on youtube is accurate.

Thanks for the stills @Heidi Seow

I hope we will get a sneak peek of SY and YH too. And I really wanna know how the scene will be played out when SY tries to "save" YH from the Prosecutor and what happens between them after that. The deepening of faith and trust :wub:

@Shinobu I like what you said about SY and YH's relationship. YH truly does see her as an equal, and relies on her despite her being much younger. It's really a great development in their rship.

Btw which part of the song were you unsure about (regarding the translation)? Maybe I can help?

I often find myself thinking a lot about how to express phrases and words without losing the original nuance and, at the same time, writing it in a way that makes sense in English (not just directly combining words together). It's good practice for me xD.

*Edit*

The usage of English in this drama in their pain centre and when YH is writing medical terminology, and the OSTs too ... I think they really want to attract the international audience. 

And I really like SY's expression when YH said he will need her help and she said, "Anytime". The way she seemed to choke a little/almost tear up is so real. The overwhelming feeling when the person you like wants to rely on you. So sweet. She's a great actress :wub:

12 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

Thanks for the stills @Heidi Seow

I hope we will get a sneak peek of SY and YH too. And I really wanna know how the scene will be played out when SY tries to "save" YH from the Prosecutor and what happens between them after that. The deepening of faith and trust :wub:

@Shinobu I like what you said about SY and YH's relationship. YH truly does see her as an equal, and relies on her despite her being much younger. It's really a great development in their rship.

Btw which part of the song were you unsure about (regarding the translation)? Maybe I can help?

I often find myself thinking a lot about how to express phrases and words without losing the original nuance and, at the same time, writing it in a way that makes sense in English (not just directly combining words together). It's good practice for me xD.

*Edit*

The usage of English in this drama in their pain centre and when YH is writing medical terminology, and the OSTs too ... I think they really want to attract the international audience. 

And I really like SY's expression when YH said he will need her help and she said, "Anytime". The way she seemed to choke a little/almost tear up is so real. The overwhelming feeling when the person you like wants to rely on you. So sweet. She's a great actress :wub:

Yes.  And it seems both JS and LSY are pretty good in English.  I thought I heard their pronunciation, pretty legit.  Also, JS's english handwriting looks so neat and nice.

I've been missing them so I found myself replaying their cute scenes.  I like how SY is so direct and confident about her feelings.  She even confronted him about his non answer and addressed her feelings clearly.  "I will handle my feelings".  She didn't act like nothing happened due to embarrassment or anything despite not getting a clear answer from YH and it felt like a rejection from female's standpoint than anything.  It shows she loves him deeply and enough not to care about her pride.  That was refreshing.  Their moments were so subtle and pure, yet so intimate and romantic.  They carry deep feelings of care and affection.  But I still want to see hands holding, hugging, and kiss scene.  I want to see shy Dr. Cha out of character when in love.  The one suggestive gesture was actually YH staring at SY affectionately while biting the subway.  It tickled me.  And their teasings for each other give me toothaches.  How can they be so cute.  They make me so happy just watching them.  So I hope we'll have more and better of those scenes and not less.

Regarding the lyrics, the translations I've seen so far sounds like google translate and of course I have no way of verifying. 

Our favorite  couple 

2019082201001749300120241_20190822083616

Source

they doing CPR  to save patient I am not sure if it the same cancer  patient or not but they doing their best 

What I get that there  a moment when they eyes  connected ( the first one in the left) that shoe trust  and deep feeling  :heart:

I think it maybe the scene when she show unchanging trust on him.

Bigger one 

Spoiler

201908220833471910_4_20190822083646917.j  201908220833471910_5_20190822083646932.j

And the favorite :smirk:

201908220833471910_3_20190822083646895.j

On 8/19/2019 at 11:54 PM, Shinobu said:

As far as I'm concerned, Lee Se Young is one of the most naturally beautiful actresses I come acress and I'm adding her to my list.  Her face is versatile to portray different characters depending on how she carries herself.  There's a feel of innocence in those clear eyes that's so endearing and sincere.  She can be silly in the most innocent ways but still comes off a earnest and mature lady (like the cute car scene). 

Yes.  Love her to bits.  She has an off screen personality to match (humorous, doesn’t take herself too seriously and easy going).  She’s worked hard to make her way up to these roles so kudos to her. Well deserved.  :wub:.  JiSung has been brilliant as always.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Yes.  Love her to bits.  She has an off screen personality to match (humorous, doesn’t take herself too seriously and easy going).  She’s worked hard to make her way up to these roles so kudos to her. Well deserved.  :wub:.  JiSung has been brilliant as always.

I really enjoy the behind the scenes a whole lot as well.  She's quite a natural.  I know everyone talked about JS already so I like to give her the credit she deserves.  For me, she plays the big factor in my enjoyment from this drama.  And really the only reason why I tried out this drama was because I saw the poster and was curious how the girl in Dae Jang Geum grew up as an actress.  It was as simple as that.  I didn't know I bought a one way ticket to the wonderful world of HanYoung eye-locks where every interaction lights up the sky with fireworks and bubbly sweet happiness.  :P

4 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I really enjoy the behind the scenes a whole lot as well.  She's quite a natural.  I know everyone talked about JS already so I like to give her the credit she deserves.  For me, she plays the big factor in my enjoyment from this drama.  And really the only reason why I tried out this drama was because I saw the poster and was curious how the girl in Dae Jang Geum grew up as an actress.  It was as simple as that.  I didn't know I bought a one way ticket to the wonderful world of HanYoung eye-locks where every interaction lights up the sky with fireworks and bubbly sweet happiness.  :P

Wow, didnt know she was in Dae Jang Geum. LoL thats why in the press conference Jisung said that she is the "sunbae" :joy:

I read the news that Vagabond, the next drama following Doctor John, premiering in Sept 20th, So there a week gap. Does it mean they extend the episode? Or fill it with a short drama?

Hope its the first option *prettyy pleasee... :rolleyes:*

1 hour ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Wow, didnt know she was in Dae Jang Geum. LoL thats why in the press conference Jisung said that she is the "sunbae" :joy:

I read the news that Vagabond, the next drama following Doctor John, premiering in Sept 20th, So there a week gap. Does it mean they extend the episode? Or fill it with a short drama?

This is SBS so it probably will be a short drama

1 hour ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

I think there’s Chu Seok squashed in there somewhere - the Korean Thanksgiving week so they may have special programs on in that week instead of usual dramas?  That could explain the delay.  

Too bad though, im hoping that we could at least see 120 mins more of our vital couple

From the behind the scene photos, im guessing they are helping the suicide lady

Heres we get another premonition at how this two are in one scene as doctor

The first one is back at the prison

Maybe this is to hint us at  how the ending will play out

8 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

That's right.  She debuted before him so she's a sunbae.  ;)  DJG is the first drama I saw her in and this is the 2nd.  As for JS, I think Term of Endearment is the first one I saw him in but I was watching that for Park Yong Woo.  I think JS might have sported curly hair?  I can't remember which role he played.  But this is also the 2nd one of his that I'm watching.  He really looks good for his age.

Man, 16 eps really aren't enough.  I need maor HanYoung goodness.  I haven't watched a drama where I feel invested in the characters for a while.  Oh well, what can you do.  It's not like my wish of seeing a romantic drama with JS and LSY will come true.  

Ji Sung And Lee Se Young Go All Out In Preparing For CPR Scene In “Doctor John”

Aug 22, 2019
by C. Hong
77d65c381d9d420caa755c76be4c5601.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Doctor John” has released stills of Ji Sung and Lee Se Young in an emergency CPR scene.

“Doctor John” is a medical drama about anesthesiologists and pain management doctors who try to find the causes behind chronic patients’ mysterious pain.

Spoilers

In the previous broadcast, Cha Yo Han (Ji Sung) received a diagnosis of viral labyrinthitis, an inflammation of the inner ear. He ended up accepting Kang Si Young (Lee Se Young)’s sincere feelings and telling her that he needed help. However, Cha Yo Han rejected his doctor’s advice that treating the disorder with steroids could be fatal for him and said, “If I don’t get the treatment, I won’t get better, and I can’t be a doctor.”

Despite this, Cha Yo Han continues to pour his all into being the best doctor possible. In the new stills for the upcoming episode on August 23, Ji Sung and Lee Se Young join forces to save an emergency patient. Cha Yo Han pumps the patient’s chest and Kang Si Young prepares a respiratory device to help the patient breathe. Notably, while Kang Si Young is in her doctor’s gown, Cha Yo Han is wearing a collared shirt.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1347367wpp/ji-sung-and-lee-se-young-go-all-out-in-preparing-for-cpr-scene-in-doctor-john

Archived