[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

1 hour ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Thanks @Heidi seow, 

They even give a preview to the next making vid now :joy:

Realy enjoy watcing all their making vids, the most hillarious is the one with YH wearing the surgery uniform the wrong way. And how SY laugh her heart out watching him.

Most welcome @Tjhin Tanti I haven’t watch that video clips but I cracked out when they said CIPA :joy:

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nooneor said:

Is he helping her with her shoes again??.:wub:

dobt mind them being in date or just happen to drink something outside the hospital anyway  SY is smiling so it most be good 

Thanks for sharing  it :heart:

36 minutes ago, fruitkatsu said:

Does anyone know when they started shooting the drama?

I'm hoping it is nearing the end because I really don't want the drama storyline to be altered because of viewership/criticism :unamused:

Sorry I didn't  get what you mean?  

Anyway  they in live shooting so this scene at most is from the next week episodes if it not from this week episodes 

They need an early  romance and dating they have  to much to face and it not just only about love it also about healing and accepting . falling in love was the easy part get used to living togeth in this life Is the hard for SY  and CYH  , CYH has to change a little  for Sy not only her

@Heidi Seow thanks for sharing  the behind  scene :kiss_wink:

48 minutes ago, fruitkatsu said:

I'm hoping it is nearing the end because I really don't want the drama storyline to be altered because of viewership/criticism :unamused:

What criticism?  I only care about my lovebirds and their love story.  I'm shaking in my boots. 

9 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Shinobu that was funny!! 

I can imagine SY doing the proposing.

I mean, even in the preview she is the one who is initiating a follow-up conversation about her confession the day before.

Urgh the wait is too long :tears:

It's not fair that the entire cast and production crew already know what happens :lol:

And that caption on Ji Sung's instagram:

#doctorjohn #jisung #leeseyoung #comfort #cure and #hope when everything in the world feels new and you feel grateful ...

:wub:

Thanks for the trans.  I sure love to see Si Young proposes for marriage too.  I secretly wish for their marriage and a wedding and days of living as husband and wife. :D

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Sorry I didn't  get what you mean?  

Anyway  they in live shooting so this scene at most is from the next week episodes if it not from this week episodes 

@nona88 what I mean is are they filming the drama and broadcasting at the same time. Because some dramas have been pre-filmed before it is first aired on TV or the filming is almost finished before they start to broadcast.

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

What criticism?  I only care about my lovebirds and their love story.  I'm shaking in my boots. 

@Shinobu in the past, dramas that had heavy criticisms from Korean viewers or those that were not doing well in broadcast viewership (as compared to other dramas in the same time slots) had their story lines altered.

But since Doctor John seems pretty popular with lots of praise, I don't think it will be subjected to such changes.. :D 

I'm just paranoid.... :P 

@Heidi Seow thanks for sharing the making video~ it's nice to see that they have a comfortable working relationship :wub:

btw is there any specific part in the video that you want translated?? I can try to help if I understand.

my friends do you know there one scene that make me tearful till now

i know there so many  other touched scenes i can't keep myself from watching it again and again 

but this scene made me have tear  in my eyes and the biggest prove how this writer  really care for the feeling of sick people

the scene when the nurse  ask the sick children 

" why do you think death was born  into this world ?

and they answer:

"to hurt me "

" to scare me "

"to steal my sibling from me "

" to take me and make my mom sad "

i couldn't hold my tear and the pain in my heart watching it for more than 6 times and i could finally write about it now, to see the death in the sick children who had to face  and understand it before they have the chance to face life , it painful  how could they answer it fast like this and how they have understanding what death really mean for them, i am weak when it come to children i couldn't deal with the pain that shown in that simple scene 

3 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

They started shooting at the end of April, and IIRC I saw pics of the scripts for 10 and 11 posted about a month ago.  I wouldn't worry about the storyline being altered. Plus, the ratings have been good and holding steady.

10 hours ago, nona88 said:

Is he helping her with her shoes again??.:wub:

It looks to be like he may be sick while on a date.  Hmm...

8 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Shinobu in the past, dramas that had heavy criticisms from Korean viewers or those that were not doing well in broadcast viewership (as compared to other dramas in the same time slots) had their story lines altered.

But since Doctor John seems pretty popular with lots of praise, I don't think it will be subjected to such changes.. :D 

I'm just paranoid.... :P 

Ok, pheww.  I do worry they will reduce the romantic part of Cha and Kang which is the only reason I'm watching.  ;)

On 8/5/2019 at 11:44 AM, ponderings said:

@2handsintertwined I will forgive you because of that wonderful Shin Se Gi gif hahaha :D

Thank you. You are so kind. And I love that gif of Shin Se Gi. I love everything about him!

On 8/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, ponderings said:

I just recently rewatched Kill Me Heal Me after watching Doctor John ep 1. These both dramas are quite similar in those philosophical conversations revolving around the aspects of fear/darkness and hope/lightness. 

His other dramas I enjoyed watching: 

Innocent Defendant (suspenseful and dark)

Familiar Wife (light, humorous with hints of sadness) 

I think Ji Sung is drawn to stories that emphasize the preciousness of life.

And I love how some aspects of his life are seen through his characters. CYH does not drink alcohol and Ji Sung himself doesn't drink (after having a kid). I was like YES. Finally there's a character who doesn't drink in a Kdrama!  

I just wish Friday will come sooner. Le sigh. 

So you rewatched Kill Me Heal Me after watching ep 1 of Doctor John. And I'm just going to copy and paste what you said. Why? It was so amazing. It reminded me of how I felt watching Kill Me Heal Me! You said, "These both dramas are quite similar in those philosophical conversations revolving around the aspects of fear/darkness and hope/lightness. " Well, I really like that because I can relate to what you said. I love those dramas. So you enjoyed Innocent Defendant and Familiar Wife. Ok. I want to watch them too! So you think that Ji Sung "is drawn to stories that emphasize the preciousness of life." That's so beautiful. I copy and pasted that too :D. I believe you about Ji Sung. I would agree with you. But I've only seen Kill Me Heal Me. I'm going to copy paste again. Love you! Your words are so beautiful. I like how you describe Ji Sung. 

"And I love how some aspects of his life are seen through his characters. CYH does not drink alcohol and Ji Sung himself doesn't drink (after having a kid). I was like YES. Finally there's a character who doesn't drink in a Kdrama!" I didn't know that you could see some of his life in his dramas. I think you made me like him 1000000000000 times more! Why? I think that makes him mysterious. I like mysterious actors :D. I'm glad he doesn't drink in his k drama. I wouldn't mind if he did :D. I'm sorry my reply is bad.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, nona88 said:

The man is hot no matter what scene  even in his shy and cute scene  :smirk: what he can do it out  of his control!!!!

I agree with you. What are we going to do? Ji Sung Stop!!!! :D. I'm joking. He should keep stealing our hearts :) 

@Ameera Ali

5d489721b19e4185988648.gif?download

and

5d489974477f1860975268.gif?download

@Ameera AliThank you. These gifs of Ji Sung are so cute! He's stealing my heart again :wub:

11 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

Wow, U so sweet @fruitkatsu yes. the whole team chemistry looks great. They really having lots fun. I was wonder what are they saying after SY shouting to YH in his house. :D

@Heidi Seow I suppose you are referring to the first part of the making video when Si Yeong arrives at Yo Han's house shouting for him?

Caption: Si Yeong who came looking for Yo Han's house
SY: Professor! Professor!
Arrow pointing to Ji Sung: Yo Han is here

Caption: The two people who are coordinating their movements together

Staff: Camera!

Staff: I'm going up now.

SY: Why didn't you answer your phone? I called and texted so many times
Caption: Si Yeong who became worried coz Yo Han was uncontactable
YH: 33 calls? (on-screen text: 33 missed calls)
SY: Turn the sound on! The sound! (on-screen text is same as what she is saying)
SY: If you're gonna be like this why go around with a handphone?

SY: Over-reacting? You say I'm over-reacting??
Caption: You say I'm over-reacting? :tears:

Caption: (Wiping the phone)
Ji Sung: Aigoo, I deleted it.
On-screen text: Aigoo, I deleted the missed calls log
Staff: (heart skips a beat) Deleted?
Ji Sung: No~ ^_^
Staff (to the other staff): Don't be scared x2
Caption: Prankster Yo Han

Caption: Yo Han and Si Yeong putting in a lot of effort to look at something
On-screen text: (The identity is THE bee)
Caption: He has been observing the bee like this for such a long time.

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

Omg it after the stair scene CYH losing consciousness  and Sy and our cut doctor bring him to the emergency room 

I hope sy can hold on not to talk about his CIPA  

Source

Oh no, I suspect his brain has some issues from the earlier MRI that he had for the regular checkup. I hope someone can cure him :( 

SY please be by his side.

2 hours ago, moomooz said:

Oh no, I suspect his brain has some issues from the earlier MRI that he had for the regular checkup. I hope someone can cure him :( 

SY please be by his side.

Yeh it brain problems probably  but what danger isn't how much his brain  problems  is huge  or not danger

cause in his situation  it danger to have any problems or surgery  even after surgery  they cant keep him under 24 hours  MRI to know his situation and pain is one of the symptoms to keep known the patient  situation, in his cause any surgery  or big treatments is danger he can die from little affect after surgery that not danger to other just cause they cant know it  from his painless body 

That why it danger to get sick in the first place and that why people  with CIPA  die from little disease, check up and machine cant tell you everything they need first the symptoms to know where the problem may being and with CIPA  patient that impossible 

I really hope he will be alright :bawling:

bright side as you said we have Sy now by his side I think this is the situation that cause him to open his heart and accept  her love :heart:

@fruitkatsu thanks for the translation it funny to see them shooting that scenes and sure thank @Heidi Seow for sharing with us the bts 

@2handsintertwined Js is great in his acting ability  and in his drama choice  yeh he like the plot  that have emotional and dealing  with pain and it great choices  for him , this kind of roles show his really great ability of acting and bring out his high level  emotional performance 

I guess he also personally  like this kind of role he can connect  to them

The first drama I watch him was new heart and he was amazing, second one was protect the boss it was lightly comedy  romance  that was one of it kind at that time , I didnt like it first but get to love it so much later, even if it was light  comedy romance, he could bring  his character pain and suffering out so well to be emotional connected to him 

So from then he was on my list , He can do any  kind of drama but he always maks the character so real and so deep emotionally, it reflects his own personality he dont see people  as simple things but see that they all have a deep story and feeling :heart: like you I go back watching videos from his previous dramas each time i see him in new one it like I need to make sure he the same person and it amazing me how each character make me think it a really  one I cant get over his characters as just past one, he made them so alive to be deleted by new one or being less impressed just cause another new great one show up 

7 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Ok, pheww.  I do worry they will reduce the romantic part of Cha and Kang which is the only reason I'm watching.  ;)

That's what I'm worried about.

And my worries are not unfounded. I was looking through the "noticeboard" section of the official Doctor Yohan site and I saw this particular post:

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/doctorjohn/board/60525/?cmd=view&page=1&board_no=280

Kinda annoyed me when I read it. Basically the person was saying that the drama needs to be more realistic coz in real life there's no way a 2nd year resident would barge into the professor's room and touch the prof's pc on her own. And basically just going on about how he/she knows that all this is for the sake of creating romance between the two chars blah blah.. but to be more realistic.

The one reply to that post said that they agree about trying to make it more realistic but if the drama becomes too realistic, it'll be more like a documentary than a drama.

This is just one post but really.... It makes me nervousssss

What brain injury? Did I miss something? Are we talking about the MRI? Do you mind telling me which part of which episode please? I don't recall seeing any conversation of it. 

Sorry. Was watching another show in between Dr John and have not been watching attentively. I mean I like this drama but not really paying attention to details.  I remember thinking that the hospital chosen is nice and new. And that the equipment used is nice and new vs some dramas whuch has truly outdated stuff. And marveling that they made everyone have a 3 way stopcock.  And I did like that a lot of the cases requires a lot of subjective information. I seriously like that it is done that way so it makes me think. I even like the fact that for once we actually have things written in English. Although the treatment room is pristinely clean. And even the security room is so high tech. Since ours is so low tech and has bad definition screen.

But yeah wasn't paying attention to the MRI scene. Thought it wasn't important. I might have even paid more attention to his house decor and admiring the clean lines and minimalistic look. I used to have such aspirations to have a house like that. Even though I think its probably made to be like a sanctuary ( for some ) but for this drama to reflect a monk- like or seclusion- like abode.

6 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

That's what I'm worried about.

Reveal hidden contents

And my worries are not unfounded. I was looking through the "noticeboard" section of the official Doctor Yohan site and I saw this particular post:

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/doctorjohn/board/60525/?cmd=view&page=1&board_no=280

Kinda annoyed me when I read it. Basically the person was saying that the drama needs to be more realistic coz in real life there's no way a 2nd year resident would barge into the professor's room and touch the prof's pc on her own. And basically just going on about how he/she knows that all this is for the sake of creating romance between the two chars blah blah.. but to be more realistic.

The one reply to that post said that they agree about trying to make it more realistic but if the drama becomes too realistic, it'll be more like a documentary than a drama.

This is just one post but really.... It makes me nervousssss

Maybe the core reason is not acknowledging LSY as JS's romantic interest, and that she's not good enough which is disrespectful to them both.  As far as I'm concerned, LSY is the game changer and is more than perfect for the role.  I like Jisung's gazes but they work for me because on the receiving end, it's LSY.  Their presence alone may not pull me but them together drew me in like a moth to a flame.  I couldn't help my damn self.  I fell.

10 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Heidi Seow I suppose you are referring to the first part of the making video when Si Yeong arrives at Yo Han's house shouting for him?

Caption: Si Yeong who came looking for Yo Han's house
SY: Professor! Professor!
Arrow pointing to Ji Sung: Yo Han is here

Caption: The two people who are coordinating their movements together

Staff: Camera!

Staff: I'm going up now.

SY: Why didn't you answer your phone? I called and texted so many times
Caption: Si Yeong who became worried coz Yo Han was uncontactable
YH: 33 calls? (on-screen text: 33 missed calls)
SY: Turn the sound on! The sound! (on-screen text is same as what she is saying)
SY: If you're gonna be like this why go around with a handphone?

SY: Over-reacting? You say I'm over-reacting??
Caption: You say I'm over-reacting? :tears:

Caption: (Wiping the phone)
Ji Sung: Aigoo, I deleted it.
On-screen text: Aigoo, I deleted the missed calls log
Staff: (heart skips a beat) Deleted?
Ji Sung: No~ ^_^
Staff (to the other staff): Don't be scared x2
Caption: Prankster Yo Han

Caption: Yo Han and Si Yeong putting in a lot of effort to look at something
On-screen text: (The identity is THE bee)
Caption: He has been observing the bee like this for such a long time.

Awww thank you so much darling! :kiss_wink:

Haha prankster Yo Han. Very naughty huh 

Archived