[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

I don't hope for a happily ever after ending due to his illness but I'm hoping that they will at least get together and spend some sweet time as lovers or spouses for whatever time he has left.  I'm counting on fiesty Si Young to take him with force.  Everybody needs somebody.  There are times his woman has to take over, crush his stubbornness, and whip him into shape.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm preparing myself for a sad ending for CYH, but I can see them going with a make the most of every moment you have left type ending with CYH and SY not knowing how much time is left but together, saving lives. They still have to deal with SY's father and it seems a little too heavy for SY to lose both. 

17 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I don't hope for a happily ever after ending due to his illness but I'm hoping that they will at least get together and spend some sweet time as lovers or spouses for whatever time he has left.  I'm counting on fiesty Si Young to take him with force.  Everybody needs somebody.  There are times his woman has to take over, crush his stubbornness, and whip him into shape.

Yeah it about time SY gonna break that wall he build all this time. My guess is YH never open up to a relationship and the idea of having someone next to him is unbearable, since he will witness himself how much suffer and burden that person will carry. 

Really glad that our heroine is a smart and strong girl, she has no doubt the moment she realize her feeling for him, running straight to confess her feeling. Here hoping that she will keep fighting for him no matter how much time he try to push her away.

And one thing that im kinda confuse is whats the deal with her sister blaming on her for their father's accident. Its purely an accident and at that time theres nothing SY could do other than giving him false hope (the phone rescue call) in hope that it will give the father a hope ,enough to hangin' on while waiting for help. So im not following on whats her fault is.

I just read the previews  text of ep 9 

One :it look like our CYH couldn't sleep  all night cause Sy confess:smirk:

two: sadly Maybe I was right it was written  that the some cancer  patient come to the pain center ( so maybe I will not have to apologize  to the prosecutor :bawling:) still have i hope I am wrong 

here the text that all what I could understand from it 

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/doctorjohn/vod/60513/22000346752

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

I just read the previews  text of ep 9 

One :it look like our CYH couldn't sleep  all night cause Sy confess:smirk:

two: sadly Maybe I was right it was written  that the some cancer  patient come to the pain center ( so maybe I will not have to apologize  to the prosecutor :bawling:) still have i hope I am wrong 

here the text that all what I could understand from it 

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/doctorjohn/vod/60513/22000346752

Its also said that after going through several emergency situation, YH finally open up his heart to SY.. 

5 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

And one thing that im kinda confuse is whats the deal with her sister blaming on her for their father's accident. Its purely an accident and at that time theres nothing SY could do other than giving him false hope (the phone rescue call) in hope that it will give the father a hope ,enough to hangin' on while waiting for help. So im not following on whats her fault is.

I get the feeling it’s deeper than just what happened with her dad.  From the looks of it, SY has always been the favourite.  Both for the father and the mother.  SY was the top of her class which would please her mother and she seemed to share the same pass time as her dad (rock climbing) so it would seem that SY is their preferred child?  I am guessing here.  MR seems to have always lived under SY’s shadow so jealousy would play a part in her dislike for SY.  And the incident with the dad only compounded it.  All that pent up frustration/blame had to be directed somewhere so it was directed to SY.  

I need a 12 steps programs to cope with Dr. John withdrawal.  I joked about them staying up all night due to the confession but I love to see if that's what will happen.  Anticipate anticipate. 

I really like Lee Se Young.  She's a natural beauty and exudes this energetic and fresh aura.  Her emotional expressions feel pure and endearing.  She matches perfectly with Jisung.  I'm really glad they casted her.  

6 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Yeah it about time SY gonna break that wall he build all this time. My guess is YH never open up to a relationship and the idea of having someone next to him is unbearable, since he will witness himself how much suffer and burden that person will carry. 

Really glad that our heroine is a smart and strong girl, she has no doubt the moment she realize her feeling for him, running straight to confess her feeling. Here hoping that she will keep fighting for him no matter how much time he try to push her away.

He climbed out of his wall by himself the moment he ogled her, followed her to the stairwell when she cried then tied her shoelaces.  It takes 2 to tango and in this case he was the one leading her into his web of love with his warmth and sexy tender gazes.  He better takes responsibility for his actions or else. ;)

Regarding the blaming, I can rationalize but I can't relate.  It's a little too dramatic and cliche for me but it's a drama afterall.

6 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

When it comes to family, sometimes things don't make sense.  But I can say from personal experience that siblings do act precisely like this in similar situations. 

Personally, since I have already spoken about what I went through with removing my mother's life support:

Spoiler

My sister behaved in the same way after our mother died.  While I was able to remain calm, she was bawling in grief about how lost she was without her mother. 

However, during the years of illness that lead up to our mother's death, my sister avoided our mother, did absolutely nothing to help, did not even visit, rarely called, and left everything on my shoulders.  I cannot count the number of times she left me utterly alone to deal with emergency situations.  She is, by the way, a  medical professional  while I have no training in that field whatsoever.

As she cried, all I could think about was the opportunities she threw away, how much time she wasted, and how hard our mother had tried to maintain contact with her but my sister would Not have anything to do with her.  I believe that her deep grief is rooted in remorse, and that makes me very sad for her. 

It's possible that MR feels guilt or regret.  Maybe she was supposed to go climbing with them but chose not to.  Undoubtedly the drama will reveal and heal the sisters' relationship.

MR's love for her father appears to be a selfish and greedy attachment because she says she does not care if he remains in a vegetative state as long as he is alive.  Someone who truly loves would never want the loved one to suffer.

One of the issues between the sisters seems to be that MR says that SY is too empathetic.  Perhaps that is also true of MR herself--that she is also very empathetic.  Maybe MR can't let go because it hurts so much.  It would be easier to blame her sister than to look closely at herself to see where she has gone wrong.

Hi Everyone :D

First time posting in this thread.

I'm really enjoying this drama more than I ever did for other dramas *-*

(I don't mean I'm enjoying their pain but more like.. I think about it every day until the next broadcast so I suppose I am enjoying it)

I'm (somehow) hoping that YH doesn't die and SY manages to miraculously heal him (since this is K-dramaland ;)).

I'd be too sad if YH had to die :( 

Or if he leaves SY to go somewhere to die but lo and behold! She finds him alive many years later lol (kinda cheesy but not out of the K-dramaland scope)

And perhaps YH manages to find a way to make SY's dad wake up.

So in that way, they both manage to heal each other's pains *-*

As for that written preview:

Si Young's confession left Yo Han sleepless through the night. Further, there are people who have started to keep an eye on the relationship between the two of them. On the other hand, a special terminal cancer patient has come searching for the pain centre that has drastically changed after receiving full support, and through several critical situations, the door to Yo Han's heart is opening up towards Si Young ...

7 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

Hi Everyone :D

First time posting in this thread.

I'm really enjoying this drama more than I ever did for other dramas *-*

(I don't mean I'm enjoying their pain but more like.. I think about it every day until the next broadcast so I suppose I am enjoying it)

I'm (somehow) hoping that YH doesn't die and SY manages to miraculously heal him (since this is K-dramaland ;)).

I'd be too sad if YH had to die :( 

Or if he leaves SY to go somewhere to die but lo and behold! She finds him alive many years later lol (kinda cheesy but not out of the K-dramaland scope)

And perhaps YH manages to find a way to make SY's dad wake up.

So in that way, they both manage to heal each other's pains *-*

Si Young's confession left Yo Han sleepless through the night. Further, there are people who have started to keep an eye on the relationship between the two of them. On the other hand, a special terminal cancer patient has come searching for the pain centre that has drastically changed after receiving full support, and through several critical situations, the door to Yo Han's heart is opening up towards Si Young ...

Many thanks for the trans.  You're a lifesaver.  I'm totally hyped to see how the scenario plays out.  This is the only drama I'm watching because I'm a little picky.  I made myself a resident in this thread for any update.

Maybe Dr. John can be saved.  Maybe he doesn't have cipa.  Maybe it's a wrong diagnosis.  You know how doctors can cure others but can't cure themselves.  And we can come back with the .000001% theme.  What if Si Young makes the right diagnosis and cures him.  :P  Hey, it worths a shot.  

This is a nice picture for an avie.

9 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

Si Young's confession left Yo Han sleepless through the night. Further, there are people who have started to keep an eye on the relationship between the two of them. On the other hand, a special terminal cancer patient has come searching for the pain centre that has drastically changed after receiving full support, and through several critical situations, the door to Yo Han's heart is opening up towards Si Young ..

Thanks so much :kiss_wink: it really help I didn't get to understand  the last part one I read it thr first time 

Hopping for romance blooming i know i shouldn't  be so worry after all 

And about this people  who keep getting  interested in this teo relationship  I have to say: 

" get a life and stop be jealous of this two ":unamused:

9 hours ago, thistle said:

When it comes to family, sometimes things don't make sense.  But I can say from personal experience that siblings do act precisely like this in similar situations. 

Personally, since I have already spoken about what I went through with removing my mother's life support:

Reveal hidden contents

My sister behaved in the same way after our mother died.  While I was able to remain calm, she was bawling in grief about how lost she was without her mother. 

However, during the years of illness that lead up to our mother's death, my sister avoided our mother, did absolutely nothing to help, did not even visit, rarely called, and left everything on my shoulders.  I cannot count the number of times she left me utterly alone to deal with emergency situations.  She is, by the way, a  medical professional  while I have no training in that field whatsoever.

As she cried, all I could think about was the opportunities she threw away, how much time she wasted, and how hard our mother had tried to maintain contact with her but my sister would Not have anything to do with her.  I believe that her deep grief is rooted in remorse, and that makes me very sad for her. 

It's possible that MR feels guilt or regret.  Maybe she was supposed to go climbing with them but chose not to.  Undoubtedly the drama will reveal and heal the sisters' relationship.

MR's love for her father appears to be a selfish and greedy attachment because she says she does not care if he remains in a vegetative state as long as he is alive.  Someone who truly loves would never want the loved one to suffer.

One of the issues between the sisters seems to be that MR says that SY is too empathetic.  Perhaps that is also true of MR herself--that she is also very empathetic.  Maybe MR can't let go because it hurts so much.  It would be easier to blame her sister than to look closely at herself to see where she has gone wrong.

Thanks for sharing dear 

You right when it come to family  love it so complex and never easy , love, selfish, guilty, hate, jealous, blaming, running away , feeling  trapped and et all  

There so many hard to understand  feeling are mixed  together, and each member  think his pain and thought are right one,  it is  family after all  , the only placer we allowed  to love like this and we allowed to show how ugly and selfish our love can get 

I dont hate MR since I get it , that what her love is and that what her suffer is,   as you said dear people hating and blaming  other come from  running away from guilt 

It the same with the nurse  why she hated  the kidnapper to much to go after him personally and not be okay with what the human and God punishment did to him it not like he was free and run from his crime yo feel like you should punish him yourself, and why she now she so crazy after CYH ...... it is guilt not  just sadness and suffering  from losing her child , mother's blame themselves when they lose  their child even if it absolutely  not there fault  it hard on them so she has a bigger case of guilt  so she need to hide  it by hating someone so much and after what she did to the kidnapper  she felt more guilty so she needed  to think she was right, she did right it Cyh fault  she hating  him to run again from guilt  

The moment you stop hating and blaming  someone it the moment you have to face your sadness and guilt  about the love one and the wrong doing 

So it like  this, it understood  since it family it behind  logic  it understood  to some limits and to so time , when you crossed  the line of  hating and denying to harm other it when it not okay, I  glad MR didn't crossed  it yet and I hope she never, the nurse  did cross  it I dont know how far she can get 

I hope your sister  understand  that at some point since she still suffering as much as she running from it, it not happy thing to live with as long as part if you understand  it even when it try to not admit it 

And dear

Spoiler

I know how  much it was hard for you I get why seeing SY   here so hard and touching you so much , but I great you understand  it why MR acting like this and why your sister  like this , it never  easy to be the most mature person on the family 

I know it I have three sisters  and believe me sometimes  I wonder  if we come from different galaxy since it hard to understand how they we see love and family in so much different  way but as you said it never easy each person has their pain and guilt  when it come to family and they  never feel completely okay or happy) 

Edit: 

Let me share something personal about mother guilt  when it come to their  children 

Spoiler

When i was three  years old I get a fever my mother did whatever she should do she go to doctor and even hospital and my fever  was down , she did abouslty everything she should or could do, even after I was back home that night she couldn't sleep all night worry  even when doctor said it okay,  it just mother heart more powerful  then medical, actually  the doctor was wrong I didn't have normal fever  I had  a strong virus that attacks  me later  that night and was in danger situation for 2 days in the hospital

my mother never forget that all my life she blamed  herself for sleeping only for on hour  that night and wake up to find the fever attack me, she was so in pain from that to point she didn't let me be away from her sight till I was 6 as the doctor said  it maybe  had a chance 3% chance  to come back again since my body  was weak and it was a strong  and danger virus 

What make it worse I almost  get hit by car at age 5 and it was a car that lose control  and get on the garden where I was with mother it no logic to blame  yourself over it but my mother felt  like she should have take  care of it more carefully so it her fault I almost  die again 

It normal no , it mother  , I didn't understand my mother over protection and fear for me  even when she had other children  till I grew up and my father told how she didnt even have a a sleep that two night when doctor  said I was in life danger  and maybe I could never  walk away from it healthy  even if I survived  it

she was just praying for two night  and for the next 3 years every night till the danger  zoon  finish to be forgiven for her mistake and for me to be saved and it was useless  for everyone to tell her it not even her fault, 

I am  healthy  thanks God  i had no healty problem from it  and my mother learned  to let go thankfully with my father help ,he make sure she can let me grow up normal without  over protecting even when till  from time to time she still show it when I am not okay she just can't hide her over worry  about a little being sick it just a trauma that come back to her , but I can understand  mother guilt and fear  when it come to their  children from that it maybe  look so over acting but I can imagination what was going to happen  to my mother if something  really happen to me 

So I get it the nurse running from some guilt  she feeling  from her daughter  death, MR too about her father it maybe little details to us but major to them 

Not that I say it okay to blame other for it 

10 hours ago, Shinobu said:

He climbed out of his wall by himself the moment he ogled her, followed her to the stairwell when she cried then tied her shoelaces.  It takes 2 to tango and in this case he was the one leading her into his web of love with his warmth and sexy tender gazes.  He better takes responsibility for his actions or else. ;)

Regarding the blaming, I can rationalize but I can't relate.  It's a little too dramatic and cliche for me but it's a drama afterall.

Dear he was in love from the start , no objective here :joy: he definitely  the one who fall in love first, care first , couldn't  hold himself  first, start getting emotionally and physically close to hear as much as he can 

No  objective  here , he saw her as talent  doctor and as  woman from the start and grow more attachment to her and show  here sides of him 

SY SAW  him as hope and teacher  first and just recently start seeing him as man and lover 

it just we need SY to destroy  his wall about really having love in his life , to really have relationship that why I said I am worry but no scared the man so in love to refuse it or hold on to long when she show her feeling, poor him his body was barely holding on to not get more close to her and his eyes was eating her even before she show her feeling 

As I said his wall Is  in danger  already let see him holding on now 

[Doctor John] Ep 8 spoilers, Ji Sung x Lee Se Young

Cr. Melohwa

Article: Naver 'Doctor John' Lee Se Young confessed her love to Ji Sung, "I like Professor Cha"

Spoiler

1. [+723, -73]
I'm a guy, can I fall in love with Ji Sung? How could he be so sexyㅡㅡ?? ㅜㅜ The nurse  disgusted me today... Have a good night and good dreams, everyone...

2. [+454 -15]
I like him too. I like both of them. Their acting is good ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's so interesting ㅠㅠㅜ

3. [+258, -7]
Straightforward Dr Kang. Just keep being straightforward ᅲᅲᅲᅲᅲᅲᅲᅲᅲᅲ

4. [+255, -10]
How could his eyes be so sexy? ㅠㅠ He's really cool.

5. [+169, -12]
Every time when Ji Sung appears, my heart aches ㅠ He is really sexy ♥&★₩^^★♥&

6. [+130, -1]
I don't like medical science dramas adding in romance scenes all of a sudden but Cha Yo Han's life is so lonely and sad. I hope he leads a happy life, so I am in favor of the loveline~ ㅎㅎ

7. [+114, -1]
I've been following this drama from the beginning, but I still don't get what is the point of the prosecutor and the nurse. ㅋㅋ

8. [+113, -7]
Ji Sung's baby face makes it seem like there isn't an age difference of 15 years ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+90, -1]
Lee Se Young's face is really natural and pretty. Compared to celebrities who wear veneers, she has really natural teeth and face so please don't do anything to them. Fighting! 

10. [+80, -1]

Does the prosecutor have nothing to do? Feels like the character was added in for nothing. 

Article: Naver 'Doctor John' Ji Sung enters the pain center in a protective suit... Lee Se Young, "What are you doing here?"

Spoiler

1. [+112, -2]
The nurse disgusts me. The prosecutor is ridiculous too.

2. [+59, -3]
The prosecutor and nurse who forged the document didn't have to appear at all, still appeared in the end, huh?

3. [+55, -1]
I was engrossed in the drama for about 50 minutes, but I got distracted because of the nurse who forged the document.

4. [+40, -2]
Why do they keep going on and on about the case 3 years ago? Please don't break the flow.

5. [+23, -0]
Ji Sung hyung was an intern at the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 'New Heart' but he has become a professor in the Department of Anesthesiology in a different medical drama. It seems that he really suits dramas like these. 

6. [+18, -1]
Lee Se Young has met her life character ♡ Her acting has leveled up!!! She's pretty~^^

7. [+15, -0]
Remove the prosecutor and the nurse.

8. [+14, -0]
Ji Sung is sexy in a mysterious way!

I agreed with the korean netizens, remove the prosecutor and nurse, especially the nurse.

She is so disgusting, she forged the documents and is taking revenge for her own purpose. How dare she sabotage the genius doctor!

ep 9 part 2

Yo Han:  Si Young sshi, I had this greatest fear of having someone in my life.  It's against my principle to allow myself to be a nuisance.  I believed in that.  But what happened made me realized there's a far greater fear, that is not being able to see you again.  My heart felt pain for the first time, at the thought of losing you.  I now know I need you.  Will you be by my side?

Si Young:  Yes.  I will marry you.

Yo Han:  Mo?????  We haven't started to date and now we're getting married?

Si Young:  Yes.  How do you expect me to take care of you at your house then?

Yo Han:  No, it's not about taking care of me.

Si Young:  I said we're getting married and that's final.

Yo Han:  What where when why who how?

-----

A few nights later

Lawyer friend:  You look awful, man.  Haven't been sleeping recently?

Yo Han:  Yeah.  I have a little problem.

Lawyer friend:  What now?

Yo Han:  I'm getting married.

Lawyer friend:  Mo?  When did you date?

Yo Han:  I did not, all my years up until now.  That is precisely the problem.  She wants marriage.

Lawyer friend:  Don't tell me it's your Si Young.

Yo Han:  At first, I was going to try to reject her gingerly but then I realized I really really love her and I really need her so I confessed.  Right after that, she wanted marriage.  What am I to do?  I was trying to learn the ropes on dating but now I have to cancel all that training and jump right into marriage.  This is too complicated for my brain, man.

Lawyer friend:  I see.  You can't convince her?

Yo Han:  No.  She already gave the order and I got weak in the knees.  You know I can't go against those big bambi eyes of hers.  You're married right?  Give me some advice.

Lawyer friend:  No.  Are you purposely rubbing salt into my wounds or somethin'?  I haven't been confessed to so don't even mention asked for marriage.  You lucky son of a gun, you're bragging.

Yo Han:  No, I'm sincere.  I need to study this concept real good but I only have you as a friend.  It seems I don't know any man who is married in here.  The warden uncle also isn't.  I think I'm in a little bit of trouble here.

Lawyer friend:  You're right.  Even that obsessive prosecutor isn't married, not that you would ask him but damn, we do have a good population of bachelors in this drama.  Johnny, we have a problem.

Yo Han:  What am I to do?

Lawyer friend:  Just makes things up as you go along.  It'll be all good in the end.  No sweat, mate.

Yo Han:  Really, you mean it?

Lawyer friend:  No.  But it sounded it doesn't it.  Wanna go hang and drown your misery with me tonight?

Yo Han:  No, mate.  She just texts me.  Gotta run and get my babe some food.  Later.

Lawyer friend:  Wait, you called me out here...

Yo Han:  Sorry, man.  I have to run to her pronto.  She will get mad.  Bye.

Lawyer friend:  hey...  whut? 

@Shinobu that was funny!! 

I can imagine SY doing the proposing.

I mean, even in the preview she is the one who is initiating a follow-up conversation about her confession the day before.

Urgh the wait is too long :tears:

It's not fair that the entire cast and production crew already know what happens :lol:

And that caption on Ji Sung's instagram:

#doctorjohn #jisung #leeseyoung #comfort #cure and #hope when everything in the world feels new and you feel grateful ...

:wub:

Thanks @Heidi seow, 

They even give a preview to the next making vid now :joy:

Realy enjoy watcing all their making vids, the most hillarious is the one with YH wearing the surgery uniform the wrong way. And how SY laugh her heart out watching him.

Archived