[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Yeah that stumps me a bit.  The nurse has him down on her phone as “Prosecutor Son”?  I don’t know if the subs are wrong.  He looks a bit too old to be her son?  Unless it’s like the Prosecutor for her dead son? 

His name is Son Suk Ki hence prosecutor Son, not an actual son :D I think one of the two boys that were killed by the euthanized patient might be somehow related to SSK. Initially I thought that he was simply the prosecutor who handled this case but his memento ring and the fact that he visited the columbarium made me think that he's motivation is a lot more personal.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nateko said:

His name is Son Suk Ki hence prosecutor Son, not an actual son :D I think one of the two boys that were killed by the euthanized patient might be somehow related to SSK. Initially I thought that he was simply the prosecutor who handled this case but his memento ring and the fact that he visited the columbarium made me think that he's motivation is a lot more personal.

I hope not because this wouldn't be realistic. If the prosecutor somehow had some relationship with the criminal, then this would have been known. 

I am really sick of KMR: so self-righteous and narrow-minded. Saying that KSY made a malpractice is totally wrong because she just followed the patient's request. A doctor can not do anything without the patient's permission. I guess, she is like one of these doctors who won't take patients if they can not save them. Remember the chairman's words: A doctor can save all his patients, if he doesn't take patients with incurable disease. The last episode confirmed my perception of KMR: she doesn't care for her patients. Since they found something wrong, then she would ask for the surgery and refused to answer the patient's question: if he gets a surgery, will the pain disappear? She knew that she couldn't confirm this, hence she avoided to answer by telling him that the surgeon was the best! So she actually was putting the responsibility on the surgeon. KMR is taking no responsibility in her work. And I suspect that the mother will use CYH for her husband: CYH should become responsible for her husband. That way, she doesn't want to feel guilty.

Coming back to romance mood 

• " step away right now ":heart: OMG  I love him so much he not the type who hold on when it about someone  he like, as i said he just speak my mind i want him to step back first before anything also  
  • Touching head scene, :blush:is that me only or there other that felt  shy like SY seeing his face looking at her with that look at his face in that scene, he was so close her heart could stopped- SY final start to be aware  of him as man before he was a doctor, teacher , hope and savior but from the ep 4 she start to see him as man 
  • "I like your drawing ":kiss_wink: they in bad situations  but still he have the time to be sweet to her at any chance 
  • " where are you right now " is this MAN aware How he acting like boyfriend or husband already!!!  :smirk:He not acting as professor around her 
  • " I want more people to know what kind of doctor you are " :wub: did you see CYH fast but cute reaction there , his heart beat there he give that shy smile and sparking eyes  it mean " I am that good in her eyes" 
  • and it total is it me only notice that CYH keep touching SY in casually way, when he touch her hand , put his hand on her back to make her enter before him and getting close to her while talking or when she sitting and so many little scene even while working show how he casual around her, I dont say he doing that cause he wanted  it just natural from him he dont feel line with her as teacher he see her from the start as someone special to him so he act naturally around her ( I like his innocent act around her, he just shown his feeling automatic without though or planning it ) 

hi all, want to join this thread as I'm enjoying this ongoing drama so much by far.

It makes me thinking:

to be able to cure someone's pain is a really strong sentence

and also,

to be able to make someone feels pain when they numb is also important..

I hope that I can taking care of those people I love the best as I can..^_^

Never been the one to post anything, I had always been a silent reader but because of this great drama, i decided to show my support by making a post :blush: 

This drama just reminded me of Beautiful Mind (2016) which starred Jang Hyuk and Park So Dam. In Doctor John, the ML doesn't feel any pain but in Beautiful Mind, the ML cannot feel any emotion. I know its different but maybe the age gap btw the leads, 15 years apart (btw Ji Sung and Lee Se Young & Jang Hyuk and Park So Dam) reminded me of Beautiful Mind.

Both are great drama for sure, I'm really shipping CYH and KSY together.

Keep up the great post guys, love reading your opinions and thoughts :heart:

This is so far one of the best medical drama I have seen. They portrayed more unique illness and focusing on how to cure the patients and at the same time, making it simple on the medical terms. Very good drama. Thumbs up! 

The only thing that I’m curious is why the prosecutor hates him so much? 

I’m still waiting for the day when SY tries to comfort John, like how John comfort SY...I feel like the more we watch, the more we understand him. He is honestly a very interesting person. :w00t:

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I hope not because this wouldn't be realistic. If the prosecutor somehow had some relationship with the criminal, then this would have been known. 

I am really sick of KMR: so self-righteous and narrow-minded. Saying that KSY made a malpractice is totally wrong because she just followed the patient's request. A doctor can not do anything without the patient's permission. I guess, she is like one of these doctors who won't take patients if they can not save them. Remember the chairman's words: A doctor can save all his patients, if he doesn't take patients with incurable disease. The last episode confirmed my perception of KMR: she doesn't care for her patients. Since they found something wrong, then she would ask for the surgery and refused to answer the patient's question: if he gets a surgery, will the pain disappear? She knew that she couldn't confirm this, hence she avoided to answer by telling him that the surgeon was the best! So she actually was putting the responsibility on the surgeon. KMR is taking no responsibility in her work. And I suspect that the mother will use CYH for her husband: CYH should become responsible for her husband. That way, she doesn't want to feel guilty.

I can’t stand KMR either!! Like I get she’s upset with KSY about her dad, but on a professional level she is just so unprofessional. It was KSY that analyzed their patients diary, and when she stopped the surgery, there was this scowl on KMRs face just like when she watched KSH helping YH in the surgery. I feel like she uses her dads death to justify her jealousy, something she probably had even before her dad died as someone in the same field as her older sister that probably was always a bit more talented than her in medicine. I mean if she really were a true doctor, she wouldn’t care if KSY her worse enemy is the one that helped her patient, she would care that her patient is saved and gonna be okay. It’s like she cannot separate personal with professional. I get that with her dad, but even with regular patients? She doesn’t seem relieved or happy at all that they didn’t have to do an UNNECESSARY surgery on a person that already tries to avoid pain as much as possible because of their condition. It grated my nerves so much, she had no right to criticize YH at the dinner or throw a whole hissy fit about it. 

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sarang21 , @Lawyerh 

Me :joy::mrgreen:

That scene was so cute. Poor KSY her wasn´t ready :joy:.

Since a lot of people has already expresses the sentiment that I feel about KMR there is nothing more to add except for the fact that I don´t want her to get together with Lee Yoo Joon like the character chart implied. He is too good for her. 

As for the prosecutor is his job that boring that, harassing CYH wasn´t enough but now he wants to put his nose into KSY´s father´s situation? How is it any of his business I´m glad that CYH put him in his place and told him that he doesn´t give a richard simon about what he thinks of him. 

I have this thought that KMR and that prosecutor will someday work together. 

Enjoying this show - waiting for it to get down to the nitty gritty though (more about the ML's childhood, the case, his family etc) - seems like prison had zero impact on him which seems a bit unrealistic?

Also anyone know if the OST from when she was following him towards the end of episode 12 is out yet? Can't seem to find it.

15 minutes ago, ponderings said:

@anony12345 I am waiting for that ost at the end of ep 12 to come out, too!!! 

I love the song and I am guessing it is Bol4, but I can be wrong. The singer does sound familiar to me. Do you have any clues or guesses? 

I don't think it's Bol4 - the singer in that duo has a fairly distinct voice whereas the OST one was much softer. And I feel like they would have advertised it if Bol4 did the soundtrack. I was thinking Gummy originally but I also think they probably would have advertised that so absolutely no clue in conclusion! Maybe Yerin Baek.

Also a few things I'm unsure about

Did the mother of the guy he apparently euthanised try to kill him first?

Also, not sure if it's the translation issue but the relationships in the show with regards to the FL's family. Her mom is the chief, her dad is the chairman, a sister a fellow doctor, but then I'm pretty sure the subs said one of the big dogs at the hospital is her uncle, but then she calls the other senior doctor aunty? Does she have an aunt or uncle at the hospital and is it the mom or dad side

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Also, not sure if it's the translation issue but the relationships in the show with regards to the FL's family. Her mom is the chief, her dad is the chairman, a sister a fellow doctor, but then I'm pretty sure the subs said one of the big dogs at the hospital is her uncle, but then she calls the other senior doctor aunty? Does she have an aunt or uncle at the hospital and is it the mom or dad side

You can understand it by looking at the translation of the chart in the first page  on this forum  ( it will help you a lot) 

She has aunt  the doctor from her mother side and she has uncle the director from her father side basically  she own the hospital power from both sides, her life was going to be a rose of successful with her talent and connecting  if that accident  didn't happen 

But sure there power fight between her father and mother family after all it never a fairy  tale family when it come to power and money 

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Also a few things I'm unsure about

Did the mother of the guy he apparently euthanised try to kill him first?

Yeh I think that too, if that woman wasn't his mother ( since the mother sue him ) than she was a family member  but yeh she tried  to kill him I think to make him free from pain, 

I dont know if it still  use the same backstory  from the Japanese  novel  but in that novel 

Spoiler

The mother didn't care for her son but when he die she sue the doctor for murdering him, he had aunty  that cared  for him and she was the one who asked the doctor  to end his pain

But as I said this drama from the start change a lot about the backstory and the characters  building  so I doubt they will use the same story here 

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

I can’t stand KMR either!! Like I get she’s upset with KSY about her dad, but on a professional level she is just so unprofessional. It was KSY that analyzed their patients diary, and when she stopped the surgery, there was this scowl on KMRs face just like when she watched KSH helping YH in the surgery. I feel like she uses her dads death to justify her jealousy, something she probably had even before her dad died as someone in the same field as her older sister that probably was always a bit more talented than her in medicine. I mean if she really were a true doctor, she wouldn’t care if KSY her worse enemy is the one that helped her patient, she would care that her patient is saved and gonna be okay. It’s like she cannot separate personal with professional. I get that with her dad, but even with regular patients? She doesn’t seem relieved or happy at all that they didn’t have to do an UNNECESSARY surgery on a person that already tries to avoid pain as much as possible because of their condition. It grated my nerves so much, she had no right to criticize YH at the dinner or throw a whole hissy fit about it. 

Yeh she has a complex  from  Sy  as I write before she did get angry  that her sister shinning again so easy like she always did, and felt  jealous  she corrected  her mistake  and getting created and admiration from CYH 

She angry and jealous  that why she blaming  CYH now and talk like she fear about her sister

As I said she still not the bad one but if she keeps doing that blaming the world for her shortcoming and using her father issue to attack SY  that will be bad , I hope not she seem to me a weak heart and lonely  child rather than mean  and evil one 

But evil not always comes from wanted mind it also come from foolish and poor soul too , so I hope she dont go forward  like this and soon start to mature I dont want to see the prosecutor  using her to harm that family and CYH ( she said the same words he used ut maje me scared) hope next week when her sister  life in danger she will wake up 

It will really bad if she stay like this when SY and CYH start having romance she will attack both in bad way 

And she has shortcoming when it come to patients , she dont really care for them and trying to stay in the safe zone where she will not make mistake, it not about curing them from the pain it about find a logic reason and solve it no matter if it will be the really problem or will end their own pain  she was so smiling  and proud  of herself  when the patient approve the surgery not caring how he look sacred, feeling not easy  or happy  about it ( she was happy  for her success, not for the patient) 

I had watch many Korean Medical Dramas but I think Ji Sung's Pronunciation of Medical term is the most accurate. And what I like in this drama it used the original medical term in English or in Scientific name rather than translate it into something Korean (which most K medical drama) did. 

Archived