[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

Second ost 

CYH feeling song

It supposed  to be about CYHA FEELING :heart:

P.s. sadly I  most likely  will not be able to watch live streaming  or right after that :bawling: I have important  things to do 

So see you later my friends , enjoyed  it :kiss_wink:

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nona88 said:

:heart:Okay i have to say if cyh back off from  sy  cause the evil guy I am going to kill that prosecutor  myself 

Edit : I am going crazy cause this two dont tell me that CYH is not a man in love after all  this???  and who will SY feel after getting this man acting as comfortable  hero in all her worst times 

Thanks for the pics, mate.  I'm hyped for more sweet moments.  If their romance doesn't stick, there's nothing in here for me.  I'm still having a problem buying the concept that a doctor of one specialty is the only competent doc and runs the show in the whole hospital regardless of procedures.

I just  saw some fast video it look so intense  cant wait to come back home and watch it full 

I just dont like one video I saw do that creepy guy was trying to see If Sy  is important to CYH and look like he found the answer :skull:

let me watch it full with sub  before starting the hunting  :naughty:

38 minutes ago, nona88 said:

let me watch it full with sub  before starting the hunting  :naughty:

It's safe to start hunting him down even without subs. :naughty: This dude is dangerous and I bet he's planning to set CYH up. I didn't catch everything but I think the prosecutor was testing SY. If I'm not wrong he asked what she'll do if another incident happens like the one where CYH 'killed' the patient, will she stay quiet and become an accomplice? Something like that. 

BTW, the young patient that CYH treated this episode has CIPA (congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis) and I'm pretty sure that's the same diagnosis CYH has. 

Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (CIPA) has two characteristic features: the inability to feel pain and temperature, and decreased or absent sweating (anhidrosis).

That would explain the fact that CYH was able to perform an operation on himself without anesthesia when he got hurt in jail. 

Spoiler

An inability to feel pain and temperature often leads to repeated severe injuries. Unintentional self-injury is common in people with CIPA, typically by biting the tongue, lips, or fingers, which may lead to spontaneous amputation of the affected area. In addition, people with CIPA heal slowly from skin and bone injuries. Repeated trauma can lead to chronic bone infections (osteomyelitis) or a condition called Charcot joints, in which the bones and tissue surrounding joints are destroyed.

In today's episode, they showed CYH's x-rays and he has many old injuries, he must've broken many bones as they showed replacements and screws/nails. I think in one of the x-rays his joints looked unhealthy too, which corresponds to the description of this disease. 

Normally, sweating helps cool the body temperature. However, in people with CIPA, anhidrosis often causes recurrent, extremely high fevers (hyperpyrexia) and seizures brought on by high temperature (febrile seizures).

This would explain why he needs to constantly monitor his temperature otherwise he might be in grave danger. :fearful: Yikes, what a dangerous condition. Life expectancy isn't all that good but since he survived into adulthood, he has better chances. Still... kinda sad that he has to lead such a difficult life. Poor CYH :dissapointed_relieved: I hope we won't get a tragic ending, I'm sick of those. 

1 hour ago, nateko said:

t's safe to start hunting him down even without subs. :naughty: This dude is dangerous and I bet he's planning to set CYH up. I didn't catch everything but I think the prosecutor was testing SY. If I'm not wrong he asked what she'll do if another incident happens like the one where CYH 'killed' the patient, will she stay quiet and become an accomplice? Something like that. 

BTW, the young patient that CYH treated this episode has CIPA (congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis) and I'm pretty sure that's the same diagnosis CYH has. 

It doesn't  look good I know I am going to feel like him myself  he really crazy  :naughty::skull:

I think too that CYH  has CIPA   I think this man past was the most painful  one :bawling:

I will late to get home but I will catch everything  later 

Okay some  thoughts

• Spoiler
    • I am going to hunt that creepy prosecutor, I official  hate him so much And he stll didn't do much you just know it not going to be just the usually evil  and mean things that he will do, he will do the pure evil revenge  I hate his fake justice  and the fact that he think if he was in pain no matter how big it was he have the right to throwing  it on other ,  and think he have the 100% justice  reasons and power to judge and punish  people , he called CYH the God of death in the previews  while he act  as God of life and death himself :rage: dont kidding me here you are the grim rapper tybe person ( no the grim rapper  is better  than you ) I know it still early to say all that about him but I just feel he going to be all that, this attitude  of him is just as clear as sky of all this coming on ( note  hate his character  but respect  the actor who made me see all this with silence  scenes or few words and eyes acting) 

• Feel bad for CYH seeing how it was a deep scar  for him to meet the younger version  of him, CIPA is  a rare and strange things even for doctors  so how it painful  dealing with normal people  who dont get it, seeing him knowing  exactly  what happen with the boy, seeing his face when other doctor making fun of the CIPA , seeing all this old body pictures  break my heart all of it break my heart to pieces, I get now why on the teaser SY looked  like the one who will give him hand, I  know from last week it likely will be  CIPA but no matter what,  his face and pain in this episode  was more big and painful to make me realize  like  it was for the first time what the meaning of having this condition it so different  from just like reading about it ( I dont believe  I have to say that over and over but JS you are one of the greatest  actor in the world you can make any expect information  or scene look in a totally  new light with your acting i just feel the pain real :heart:

• I liked SY and CYH scenes so much I liked them both so much , I liked how the drama show it on this episode  from CYH  view and eyes how he see her and thought,  I said the man already in love with her it new things to him but he aware of it , I cant stop looking forward  for this two just love them they building  something  so special and so amazing. It a connected that behind  love and heart beating  it some healing souls  bonds . Now they have so many to face sadly I know early  romance from both sides mean more difficult in the futures. poor them have to face  the evil witch  and the grim reaper guy that now they fixed their interest  on both of them not only CYH , have to face CYH  fear to be  with her  cause his condition and CIPA  problem  add to that his cause was inherited  sikness ( the worst ever) he sure have fear to make family or kid to suffer like him and his father ) :bawling::bawling: I want to cry now really 

• The dad not death yet I like seeing the three reaction  of the mother, SY & SISTER. I totally understand  the different  view of Both sisters, one is ready to let go and other still cant and want her father selfishly  to stay with her and it totally understood it not easy to let go , not easy when it love one. they both suffering in their own way, in  this cases  the family members all of them victims of pain and fear, each one fear something different  no right no wrong. it just they still not in the same page not ready to live with "what if " question 

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

For me, the signature for the testing of a new drug is not real. It has been forged after the patient's death. The latter never agreed to it. Furthermore, I am even suspecting that the medication had been tampered. Cha described his actions as torture for the patient and in my opinion, this is what really happened. The nurse must have done something to the medication in order to make him suffer. His punishment was to make him suffer but since Cha intervened, the prosecutor and the nurse are resenting him because they feel that the criminal should have suffered more.  

I think patient was at the last stages of anal cancer.  His grossly distended abdomen was a giveaway.  All medical curative measures have already been exhausted.  YoHan manages his pain.  It’s a horrible painful lingering death.  That’s why he said it felt like he was torturing the patient.  He has to manage his pain relief such that he’s not so out of it that he’s in a coma and yet not so sentient that he’s in unbearable pain.  You seem him adjusting the drip flow accordingly, knowing full well that as he slows the pain relief drugs, the patient would inevitably feel more pain :mellow:, so he feels like he’s “torturing” the patient. It’s a fine balance and the patient’s pain tolerance varies with his condition, some days he can bear with more, others he can bear with less.  It’s exhausting both for the attending doctor and the patient.  Not sure if the nurse added anything to the meds.  All she had to do was to reduce his pain relief when YoHan wasn’t around and he’d be in agony.  :tears:

The new drug really isn’t a lifeline in reality.  There’s nothing that I know of that can revert end stage cancer when the patient is already riddled with cancer all through his body.  Especially if the patient is already at the brink of death.  Drug trials work best with patients who have exhausted current therapies but are still “healthy” enough (still talking, eating on their own etc), not in the vegetative state that YoHan’s patient was in.

I haven’t watched last night’s episode.  Did the patient sign it when he still had his cognitive functions?  If so, did his condition then deteriorate so badly whilst waiting for the trial drug that he may have wanted to retract his initial consent and just preferred to forego the trial?  There are lots of unknowns in the equation.

Like you said, the nurse and Prosecutor were angry that YoHan sent the patient “off to sleep” (all YoHan had to do was to give him an overdose of an anesthetic drug and he would just go quietly in his sleep).  They wanted to seem him suffer and linger at death’s door for as long as was possible.  The pain that they were enduring as parents who had lost children to this man was driving their hate. They wanted him to suffer like they were suffering.  They didn’t want him to die a dignified death.  So now they are redirecting that “hate” onto YoHan who took away the object of their “hate”. 

I admit.  I didn't have the balls to watch the part where daddy fell and I wonder how he couldn't have been far gone despite falling from that height.

From what I've gathered.  Dr. Cha, the man who knows no pain, is the modern Heo Jun with the ability to diagnose and find the cure for all illnesses regardless of his one specialty.  By day, he takes care of all patients, dodging bullets from bad egg prosecutor, ignoring offensive demonstration protests from sneaky former nurse, may be the target of some mastermind politician sitting in some fancy chair.  By night, he eats his healthy meals alone or with his suspicious friend, maybe takes a stroll on the old street and sits on the bench in the open air feeling the cold, then subconsciously catches his lady at the corner of his eyeballs and secretly follows his lady around in the rain just to make sure she's well and good, taking her to dinner even though he already ate.  Then when bad egg prosecutor began to approach his lady, he warned him to stay away from her or else.  I begin to really enjoy watching him ogling her and keeps paying attention to her.  I don't have a sweet tooth but this kind of sugar, I like.  And if they give me more than just a few of those moments, I would just be happy with that.

Woah!!!I'm writing comment! But I'm so excited and curious about CYH past. Is there any possibility that he had PTSD rather than intolerant to pain? I actually hoped he does have the disease because i wish to see how the writer's approach to the matter. If he does have the disorder, the old man on wheelchair might be someone he knew since the disease is fatal unless someone in med get involved. 

The study? room that little CYH used is kind of big..his father might be a doctor or something

Btw, I love Jisung so much but I love it even more that this story have so many potential young actors and actresses..it's like teaching academy in hospital setting:D

Ji Sung’s New Drama “Doctor John” Takes No. 1 In Its Time Slot

Aug 3, 2019
by E. Cha

bd9daf23a0a24e609f7d159430fbdab4.jpeg?s=

SBS’s new medical drama “Doctor John” is gaining steam!

“Doctor John” is a suspenseful new drama about doctors specializing in pain management. Ji Sung stars in the drama as Cha Yo Han, a genius anesthesiologist who is famous for his ability to assess patients in just 10 seconds, while Lee Se Young stars as Kang Si Young, a highly intelligent anesthesiology resident who was born into a family of doctors and has a painful past.

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 2 episode of “Doctor John” took first place in its time slot across all channels. The fifth episode scored average viewership ratings of 8.5 percent and 10.8 percent nationwide (9.3 percent and 11.3 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area), with a peak of 12.7 percent for the night.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1343090wpp/ji-sungs-new-drama-doctor-john-takes-no-1-in-its-time-slot

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think patient was at the last stages of anal cancer.  His grossly distended abdomen was a giveaway.  All medical curative measures have already been exhausted.  YoHan manages his pain.  It’s a horrible painful lingering death.  That’s why he said it felt like he was torturing the patient.  He has to manage his pain relief such that he’s not so out of it that he’s in a coma and yet not so sentient that he’s in unbearable pain.  You seem him adjusting the drip flow accordingly, knowing full well that as he slows the pain relief drugs, the patient would inevitably feel more pain :mellow:, so he feels like he’s “torturing” the patient. It’s a fine balance and the patient’s pain tolerance varies with his condition, some days he can bear with more, others he can bear with less.  It’s exhausting both for the attending doctor and the patient.  Not sure if the nurse added anything to the meds.  All she had to do was to reduce his pain relief when YoHan wasn’t around and he’d be in agony.  :tears:

The new drug really isn’t a lifeline in reality.  There’s nothing that I know of that can revert end stage cancer when the patient is already riddled with cancer all through his body.  Especially if the patient is already at the brink of death.  Drug trials work best with patients who have exhausted current therapies but are still “healthy” enough (still talking, eating on their own etc), not in the vegetative state that YoHan’s patient was in.

I haven’t watched last night’s episode.  Did the patient sign it when he still had his cognitive functions?  If so, did his condition then deteriorate so badly whilst waiting for the trial drug that he may have wanted to retract his initial consent and just preferred to forego the trial?  There are lots of unknowns in the equation.

Like you said, the nurse and Prosecutor were angry that YoHan sent the patient “off to sleep” (all YoHan had to do was to give him an overdose of an anesthetic drug and he would just go quietly in his sleep).  They wanted to seem him suffer and linger at death’s door for as long as was possible.  The pain that they were enduring as parents who had lost children to this man was driving their hate. They wanted him to suffer like they were suffering.  They didn’t want him to die a dignified death.  So now they are redirecting that “hate” onto YoHan who took away the object of their “hate”. 

I know that he was terminally ill (the last stage of anal cancer) but I am quite sure that there is more to it because of the nurse and her relationship with the prosecutor. She acts like a fanatic. Sure, CYH believes that the "torture" was related to the illness and thinks, it was "normal".

So glad that this drama is doing well in the ratings!! 

I finished today's episode and decided to read this thread from page 1. I caught up to page 3 and then noticed that few of you mentioned the trouble of finding ep 2. That's when I realized that I myself didn't watch ep 2. I didn't finish reading the rest of the comments because I decided to watch ep 2. Every element of the story seems to come together in my head now.

I love the aspects of Cha Yo Han and Kang Si Yong. I initially wanted to drop this drama after seeing how arrogant CYH was. But then I misunderstood his arrogance for his confidence. He doesn't bluff. He just searches for the truth; that truth is "solving the suffering". 

He mentioned to KSY that he neither avoids nor ends the suffering of a patient.

KSY is simply drawn to him because of his confidence. We see from the beginning that she's a vulnerable person. She's suffering from a past event and she's running away from her problem. She decides to travel to Madagascar but the magnetization of CYH's confidence brings her back to the hospital. Traveling can be one way of understanding the self, but CYH teaches her that by doing and taking action leads her to becoming a doctor. 

That scene of when all three of them, CYH, KSY and Lee Yoo Joon, are deciding whether to inject the cure to the patient was beautiful. CYH knows that LYJ isn't listening to his advice and he asks KSY "Are you a doctor?". She responds yes and decides to inject the cure. From there on, she gained and built up confidence to come back to the hospital.

It is through CYH's observations that makes him a genius, but he isn't some genius who is fearless and lacks empathy. He is afraid just as much as anyone else. And his 10 second observations lead him to see and empathize for human beings as human beings. While KSY cries and sees herself as inadequate, he tells her that she is doing well. He doesn't say that with empty feelings because he sees through the strength and vulnerability within her.

What makes his character so fascinating is that he knows where to draw the line between empathizing and guiding people to the light. I think he learned that from early age in seeing his father suffering and not knowing where the pain comes from. He himself probably knows and understands because he doesn't even feel pain. We see the prison scene of him stitching his own injury and he's always tapping his middle finger against a hard surface. He's done so much tapping to the point that his fingernail is black. That's a sign of pain, but he doesn't feel the pain. Because he probably witnessed an early death of his father, we see scenes of him eating healthily with a balanced diet, not eating or drinking hot food and not drinking soju. 

The directing and editing in the storytelling is certainly well crafted. I am so ready for ep 6! 

I found the whole sequence with the prosecutor blind siding Si Young offensive and intrusive. I was kinda glad that Do Han asked him to step away. But he also kinda gave awsy his feelings there. I don't think he will leave Si Young alone now.

0001027886_001_20190803160317475.jpg?typ they having  team dinner at the cute doctor mother restaurant and look like the  sister going to run  the mood 

Edit ; the words CYH used first was "step away right now " was perfect  , before trying to say something also or hold his though and feeling he just couldnt do it, I get it i feel the same only from seeing  the STILLS of this scene before airing  " why you close to her , get away, it creepy " so it was the right words to use the first thing we all feel seeing this scene " stay away " first and most importantly right now just step away from her ( if I felt  like this how CYH felt  seeing him so close to her  and looking and talking to her in that evil and creepy  way since he know more than us what this guy can do with only words 

I dont think Si Young made any wrong decision in her father's case. Her younger sister is projecting her grief onto Si Young as a coping mechanism and making her feel guilty in the process. Somebody needs to set her straight, she is getting on my nerve. Also, Do Han kinda screamed 'Step Away from My Woman' in the last scene indirectly....which I found nice.

22 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I dont think Si Young made any wrong decision in her father's case. Her younger sister is projecting her grief onto Si Young as a coping mechanism and making her feel guilty in the process. Somebody needs to set her straight, she is getting on my nerve. Also, Do Han kinda screamed 'Step Away from My Woman' in the last scene indirectly....which I found nice.

I agree with you. MR is really too much: selfish and cold-hearted. Just because she doesn't want to lose her father, she is even willing to let him suffer. She doesn't see her father's pain. 

I think the prosecutor will approach the sister MR in order to corner CYH. After watching the episode 5, I understand now why the prosecutor is targeting CYH. He is strong believer (Christian) that no human has the right to take the life of another human, except god. That's why he is against death penalty and euthanasia. In his eyes, CYH should have spent 10 years in jail hence he is now after him.    

Medical Team Led By Ji Sung Gathers To Enjoy Company Dinner Together In “Doctor John”

Aug 3, 2019
by J. Lim
a14816343f834023869deec149d758e1.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Doctor John” has released new stills of the medical team going out for dinner together.

“Doctor John” is a medical drama that tells the story of anesthesiologists and pain management doctors as they treat their patients for unknown causes to their pain. The drama has been well-received by viewers, rising to the No.1 spot in its time slot.

The upcoming episode will follow the team as they gather for their first company dinner together. They will be led by Cha Yo Han (played by Ji Sung) and Lee Yoo Joon (Hwang Hee) will get everyone gathered to say cheers. Cha Yo Han, Kang Si Young (Lee Se Young), Lee Yoo Joon, Heo Joon (Kwon Hwa Woon), Hong Yeon Jin (Son San), and Na Kyung Ah (Lee Yoo Mi) are all having fun and enjoying their time together. Meanwhile, Kang Mi Rae (Jung Min Ah) has a stoic expression on her face after appearing late.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1343137wpp/medical-team-led-by-ji-sung-gathers-to-enjoy-company-dinner-together-in-doctor-john

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you. MR is really too much: selfish and cold-hearted. Just because she doesn't want to lose her father, she is even willing to let him suffer. She doesn't see her father's pain. 

I think the prosecutor will approach the sister MR in order to corner CYH. After watching the episode 5, I understand now why the prosecutor is targeting CYH. He is strong believer (Christian) that no human has the right to take the life of another human, except god. That's why he is against death penalty and euthanasia. In his eyes, CYH should have spent 10 years in jail hence he is now after him.    

I think of it from different  view it not that he just against killing  that why he refused the death penalty.  I feel it just he force his own view and hate against criminal , he himself  was family victim at some point and he  think that the criminal  should suffer , should  live  long and suffer just like how the family of victims  has to suffer for the rest of their life 

So I think he punish  the criminal  as prosecutor  from his own personal beliefs, he said that CYH dont respect  the patient  will and force his own choices on them of life , death and pain but he talking  about himself  not about CYH he the one who force his own family victim  justice view  on all the other victims and dont care what they want and  dont care about the fact that different  people see different  justice and see different  ways to heal their pain

but no he didn't care for the victim family who wanted death penalty  and I dont think he care for the not taken life thing believe , I am just feeling  he just doing that in believe  that it the best punishment  for the killer's it the only way to make them pay for their crimes to live and suffer, you can see from how he dealing with CYH he not just hunting him no he will  hunt the people that close to him to make him suffer that not punishment that revenge and dark justice 

He just punish over and over the same criminal  who hurt someone he love by punishing  strange criminals, he the one who use his professional in a very selfish way 

I dont know if he was just the father of one of the kids or he maybe  has more big  past about being victim  to some horrible things, maybe more older reason's why he like this and he working with the nurses since she agree in his vision!!!

but  no matter it was, i think something happen for sure  so he lost his mind , he acting as God of justice and when people lost their logic and the true about being just human that can makes  mistakes they go behinds evil in name of justice 

He there someone who think he abouslty right and abouslty have the right to force his own justice on others , he more danger than the evil normal guy , he a believer who lost his grasp of reality.

And he come after CYH saying that he have the right to punish and wait for him to make another mistake as he was responsible on his acting when he wasn't the judge that give him less years  but in his mind he thinks  he the prosecutor, the judge and executioner  everything his responsibility, everything his fault and everything should be  as planned and want , he lost it dear, he the most scared   one . 

At least that what I think and feel maybe i am wrong but he creepy  me for that reason since I just feel he that kind of person not the normal evil .

Archived