[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

Just finished watching episode 1. Another prison drama for  Ji Sung aka "inmate 6283" We'll probably call him that instead of his character's name Cha Yo Han before he became an inmate  :D

As usual Ji Sung gives  terrific acting an the inmate  who wanders around freely as    cleaning man- maybe part of his duties as inmate.  I'm just suprise inmates can just do that.. even  use computers to check patients records.  Is it lax  with this prison type?

I like Ji Sung expression that' I know what I'm doing you can think of my as pyscho'' look.  It seem his character misdiagnose or what is euthenasia? to a  patient- a child? who died. The one that Lee Kyu Hyung  character visited. The he said he can't wait for  Cha Yo Han to be released because he wans to see him "pay  the  price for what he did"

As for the female character-- hmm.. Not emotionaly involve in to her character. I guess I got miffed with how she handled the younger inmate situation - the one with rashes who requested to be brought to hospital (CYH already knew the problem was hence he tol him to request  the doctor). She just took thermoter to check  his fever and  ask to just rest.  Thats it. then we saw him shivering.

I like  medical drama   to be well written and acted.I enjoyed the drama and Ji Sung so going to check ep 2. I hope it's sub?

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ameera Ali Thank you for the gifs :kiss_wink: now I´m going to change my Profil pic :love:

Doesn´t the guy on the left seems like he was enjoying the view? :joy:

15637091221563708982.gif&key=6ced780352f

@Ameera Ali Chingu I can´t change my Profil pic it sais that the file is too big :bawling:. I guess Ji Sung´s package are too big for Soompi to handle :joy:

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Just watched Ep2.  You could be right about her dad!  It does sound rather odd that she would leave him to go to Madagascar though?  One way ticket?  It’s one thing to run away from your past trauma, but another to run away from your responsibilities?  Seems kinda unfilial (if you’re Korean anyway).  I like the pacing.  Even if I rolled my eyes a bit when JiSung swung his lab coat on like a cape.  No doctor does that...but hey, he’s kinda eccentric and odd.  I think he’s got a medical problem possibly, that’s why he doesn’t drink hot stuff (the coffee) or eat spicy food (like what Inmate 5353 said)?  Not sure.  I like SiYoung and YoHan’s dynamic.  JiSung is so very cavalier. :lol:  This is my first time watching him.  I am not sure why the PD opts to do close ups of their mouths so much whilst they are speaking... it gets a bit distracting :lol:.  Dr Lee Vs Dr YoHan?  No competition.  All in all, I like this medical drama.  I tend to avoid medical dramas because a lot of it is so unrealistic.  This one seems to strike a good balance.  Yes to having laces tied.  Yes to doctors always running.  :D

I think he has a medical issue too. Not drinking hot stuff or eating spicy food but also from Ep. 1 we know he's been taking his vitals every day but brushed it off when Si Young asked about it. 

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I've translated the character chart. :)

Source: SBS

Thanks a lot :wub:

so it seems there might be a possible slight romance between Si Young x Yo Han, and another one between dr. Lee and the 3rd year resident. 

Well, even though the promos didn't hint of any romance, the prison doctor room scene when for a second they showed them in doctors apron with cherry blossom petals in the background made it quite obvious at least there will be one sided love/ admiration from her part.

@Seiran029

Ah, that's my mistake with the family names. Of course the sisters are Kang Mi Rae and Kang Shi young. :D I'm going to correct the mistake. My autocorrection was messing with me. lol

27 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Seiran029

Ah, that's my mistake with the family names. Of course the sisters are Kang Mi Rae and Kang Shi young. :D I'm going to correct the mistake. My autocorrection was messing with me. lol

LOL :D and here I was thinking of all sort of theories 

4 minutes ago, Seiran029 said:

LOL :D and here I was thinking of all sort of theories 

That would certainly some drama if the parents weren't really the parents. :D

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I've translated the character chart. :)

Thank you so much!  I didn't realize that our female lead had a sister, and this proves that her dad isn't dead.   This is a great drama, and it's gonna get more interesting.  I have to admit that I am hoping for a romance between our leads--certainly it seems like there is already attraction.

I just finished watching the first two episodes. Of course, I think it's a good medical drama. For the most part, the medical drama, I tend to look very unpopular for me. Medical drama that is in personal preference as much as I am impressed. There are about three stories. The most favorite favorite, Dr. Romantic, but now has another Doctor John favorite. I will watch it until the end and decide which story will be ranked first in my heart.:heart:

Hmm...I think potentially YoHan has a medical condition that means he can’t feel pain.  There is a rare congenital condition where some are born with the inability to feel pain.  Hence his ability to stitch himself up without anesthetic and his care when drinking hot stuff and eating spicy food.  A lot of these children actually die before they reach adulthood.  Pain is actually protective.  It tells you to lift your hand off a hot surface (to prevent further injury), or that you have a wound that needs tending to.  People who can’t feel pain die from untreated injuries/infections.  That’s why he is so fascinated with the whole topic of pain and he takes such care with hot stuff.  He can’t feel the burn so he wouldn’t know if a liquid he is consuming is too hot or not.  It could potentially lead to burns inside his mouth etc which could then lead to infections so he’s just extra careful because he doesn’t have that pain perception like normal people.

Purely hypothetical of course.  :lol:

@stroppyse SiYoung (Lee Se Young’s character) addressed the Prison Guard Oh Jung Nam as SamChun?  I thought that implied he was family (as in blood Uncle)?  Maybe as in Chinese culture we have the habit of addressing family friends (who have no blood relations) as aunties/uncles.  Is that the same in Korean culture?  The chart seems to imply that her dad and OJN are just friends.  I thought he was like a blood relative.  

43 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@stroppyse SiYoung (Lee Se Young’s character) addressed the Prison Guard Oh Jung Nam as SamChun?  I thought that implied he was family (as in blood Uncle)?  Maybe as in Chinese culture we have the habit of addressing family friends (who have no blood relations) as aunties/uncles.  Is that the same in Korean culture?  The chart seems to imply that her dad and OJN are just friends.  I thought he was like a blood relative.  

It's pretty normal in Korea to address an older person as "ajusshi" or "imo" (aunt) even if not blood related. :)

There seems to be a friendship between the guard and Shi Young's father. Maybe that's why she is addressing him as "samchun". The relationship with him and Shi Young and Yo Han seems more like a friendship.

But I'm sure @stroppyse can be more specific about it. :D

CYH looked shaken when SY crying and telling him that she couldn’t save her patient or someone from her flash back. After that he looked her from the window quite long time. Romance line ? :wub: or he only felt she was similar to him regarding their despair from their past. Anyway i think the female lead’s acting is quite awesome. I don’t remember seeing her before in drama though.

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

So i started this drama and im living it but how is he able to return as a doctor if he has a criminal record/murdered someone.. 

I don't know what the laws are in South Korea, but I think this is something that will require suspension of disbelief. That said, here in the U.S. I remember seeing a story several years ago about doctors convicted of felonies who got their licenses back, and it was shocking.  So maybe it's not completely unbelievable. 

Archived