[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

Oh no! He applied for a job in Chicago? How can he think to leave after what KSY wrote to him. She said thank you for staying by my side. And he leaves?! The angst is coming and I’m not ready. :tears: CYH please be healthy and happy till the end. With. Your. Woman. :tears: 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after SY painfully pulls her heart out from her chest and shows it to him, he will just toss it aside and trample on her feelings like that by running away from her?  I think it's time for me to lower my expectation.  I don't like wusses.

What did YH said about his heart beating fast?  Was there a confession somewhere?  Or will we be in this ambiguous status until the very end?  Like oh, he hugged her only because she needed to be comforted.  Or he held her hands only because he felt dizzy, etc...  You know the pattern.  Then I'll feel like I was taken for a ride.  Don't play with my feelings like that, YH.  I really love you and SY together.  So please cherish her and treat her nice.  Don't break my heart, please. 

I appreciate comrade Park for speaking the words in my heart, that they look good together.  (It's my wish to see them in their wedding outfits getting married.)  But at this point, I have a feeling things will begin to go South and lovey dovey shall be no more.  There are pains in the heart that seem endless.

@shinobu I think he really meant that he has her in his heart. 

And I think going to the US via a job is because of the treatment there, not because he is running away. But he couldn't openly say he is going there for treatment as his condition was a secret then, though probably not anymore by next episode. It's not like CYH to be so irresponsible. I don't think that is his character. Going to seek treatment is his way of ensuring he can be by KSY's side. 

Aww...I just re-watched the episode - the scene where KSY takes his temperature in his room and he tells her about his heart beating, it was like watching a high-school confession of young love. I felt a little like I was intruding on something very private. As someone put it earlier in this forum, CYH has probably never walked down this path before, and experiencing feelings for someone is such a novelty to him. As for KSY, hearing about his feelings is probably something very special, because he has led such a private life all this while and hasn't let anyone in.

I couldn't help but laugh though at the timing of the doorbell and the reaction the two of them had when it struck them what it meant to have someone visit him. Somewhat comedic, and probably thrown in so that the kiss we are anticipating gets drawn out a bit, till a later episode...

@fruitkatsu - agree with you. He probably wouldn't have cried if he didn't have any feelings for her. Also, he held onto her, which is I think the typical Kdrama 'action' for a guy having some sort of feelings for the other party. And look at the way he ran back into the room to look for her after he got rid of the nosey parkers. :P

On a separate note, watching that tear fall from CYH made me feel for him, immensely. It was like he was telling us "I finally have someone in my life whom I can let in on my secret. I finally have someone to empathise with me. I am not alone anymore." It was a very poignant moment, particularly as he appears very stoic.

Oh, and did anyone realise that the email and website CYH refered to states clevlend clinic? It's probably misspelt because the actual spelling is Cleveland Clinic.. IP issue, perhaps.

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

What did YH said about his heart beating fast?  Was there a confession somewhere?  Or will we be in this ambiguous status until the very end?  Like oh, he hugged her only because she needed to be comforted.  Or he held her hands only because he felt dizzy, etc...  You know the pattern.  Then I'll feel like I was taken for a ride.  Don't play with my feelings like that, YH.  I really love you and SY together.  So please cherish her and treat her nice.  Don't break my heart, please. 

@Shinobu even the video clip on the sbs page is titled "a confession that is not a confession" for that scene.

Basically his heart was pounding coz he never imagined there would be someone else in his home. And he had a dream once about his home (and all the medcial stuff in it, I guess) being discovered by his patients and them questioning his ability as a doctor if he can't understand their pain.

But if ya ask me, I'd say his heart pounding was because she was in his room lol.

And if he didn't have one ounce of feelings for her, he wouldn't have teared after reading her post-it notes.

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

And I think going to the US via a job is because of the treatment there, not because he is running away. But he couldn't openly say he is going there for treatment as his condition was a secret then, though probably not anymore by next episode. It's not like CYH to be so irresponsible. I don't think that is his character. Going to seek treatment is his way of ensuring he can be by KSY's side. 

This is a really good hypothesis!

I can't imagine YH being the kind to leave SY hanging after all the time they have spent together.

Although I was wondering if he was trying to disappear from Korea long enough for any news about him to die down before he comes back.

And hey, our SY could also go with him to Chicago right? 

(As long as the arc about her dad gets settled).

I'm  enjoying the medicine, but the romance makes me cringe.

Every since SY invaded YH privacy by snooping on his computer I've dread watching the show.

I've watched up to episode 11, and SY just confirm that I should be cringing.

Her, "if you are dying, comfort me, because I'm losing you." is the most cringeworthy and self-involved thing I've heard come out of a "human being" mouth. Yeah, you'll need to be comforted.  Get your parents, friend, or therapist do that. 

A person who is sick and dying needs their energy and focus on their physical and mental health so that they can take care of themselves to have a good death.

Ugh.

I'm sure there is a camp that think such sentiment is romantic while I'm like, let the man die in peace.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, Shinobu said:

It's okay for YH to be fired.  I like to see him head over heals in love with SY and put her at the top of his priority list. 

No time to watch.  So he gets fired?  Well that just means no more obstacles for their relationship to move forward then.  So that’s a plus. :lol:

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Thanks for the nice thought.  I have my doubts.

3 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Shinobu even the video clip on the sbs page is titled "a confession that is not a confession" for that scene.

Basically his heart was pounding coz he never imagined there would be someone else in his home. And he had a dream once about his home (and all the medcial stuff in it, I guess) being discovered by his patients and them questioning his ability as a doctor if he can't understand their pain.

But if ya ask me, I'd say his heart pounding was because she was in his room lol.

And if he didn't have one ounce of feelings for her, he wouldn't have teared after reading her post-it.

ah.  Thanks a bunch.  haven't yet watched the ep subbed so I have no idea what he said.  But I guess I have a gist of what they're doing here.  I wouldn't be surprised if in the end, they act like nothing ever happened.  I'm reverting back to my skeptic self so I won't crash and burn so bad.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

No time to watch.  So he gets fired?  Well that just means no more obstacles for their relationship to move forward then.  So that’s a plus. :lol:

Pending to be fired or possibly a plot twist.  ;)  One can only hope but apparently he plans to go abroad (not that I think he will get the job considering his past) but I do wonder about his intention.

9 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

One can only hope but apparently he plans to go abroad (not that I think he will get the job considering his past) but I do wonder about his intention.

Hmm...if he still has viral labyrinthitis, it’s not advisable to fly.  He’s already having problems with inner ear (that’s what’s affected in VL), all the pressure changes from take off and landing isn’t great. :grimace:  But it’s not a definite no-no.  So I guess he has to do what he has to do.

It could be far stretched but what if doctor C joins the prosecutor to expose the minister dude's plan or whatever he's up to. I've feeling the prosecutor's perception about doctor C is wavering at the moment and they could team up at some point. That nurse though... it's high time she was exposed 

Doctor C opting to move to Chicago really makes sense but I hope FL somehow or rather goes with him. Don't wanna see my doctor C living alone :(  He seemed really happy being with her

So I guess I was right that the prosecutor will not agree on the nurse idea of destroying CYH life as a doctor cause his sickness, sure she will do it anyway and that will break the partnership between this two since he will realise that she only blindly by hate and dont have any justice or limits.  It will be chance to for him to question how far she did go in the past and start to understand that maybe she did the same 3 years  ago has any mean to destroy CYH even if it was fake evidence 

Sy and CYH was the best this week, love their  love; melting by their sweetness and kindness toward  each other , make my heart warm by their scenes,.... oh I love this two , I understand why CYH cried  that night  after reading sy notes  he said before that she can never understand his feeling no matter how  much she tried but he was wrong.

he get that in that moment it not just she love him, help him and accept him it just that she could easily inter his suffering soul and understand his feeling  and she just so honest about it and about how she feeling by seeing his suffering life , no hidden and no action strong or okay about it, just openly dealing with it.

It was so touchable and so scary for him,  after years of years of not having anyone or even hoping to have anyone ( as I said before  he never even imagination that even in his dream to have someone in his life)

and she come full of love , understanding, accepting and full of life and laugh into his life it was only a little  of knowing and she made him feeling love, 

And just a  little of him allowing her into his life and she already full his life with so much so it scary and terrifying for him having all that at once ,

he get scared,  he lived till now only trying to survive, only  to live another day to do the job that made him a life and now having someone like SY who entered his life so strongly like this is scary , it not only about surviving now it about really wanting to live,  really wanted  to have a life  not just another day and that hopefully and bigger feeling of life terrifying him 

It normal to anyone who lived lonely life for so long especially sick people  to much hope is more scary for them more then death, to much wanted to live make uncertainty tomorrow is more terrifying. 

That why he hear the boy voice asking to live that why he cried cause it his own feelings the scary  feeling of really wanted to live that he forget  for so long 

I understand his feeling but I hope  he really wasn't  trying  to escape by applying for that job, that he was only as my friends  said here said to find a better  things to live longer with sy 

Otherwise I wanted my strong SY  to give him a wake up scold for even thinking of that no more noble understand and letting go ,not in this amazing  and touching drama and romance I cant take that here 

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

So I guess I was right that the prosecutor will not agree on the nurse idea of destroying CYH life as a doctor cause his sickness, sure she will do it anyway and that will break the partnership between this two since he will realise that she only blindly by hate and dont have any justice or limits.  It will be chance to for him to question how far she did go in the past and start to understand that maybe she did the same 3 years  ago has any mean to destroy CYH even if it was fake evidence 

I also agree that the prosecutor won't agree to the nurse on doing that as its like destroying someone like. 

Very emotional towards the end of ep12... Twice we see Dr Cha became very emotional. Its very sad that he is trying to live his life and people don't understand that. 

What's wrong living a life as a doctor when you yourself are not perfect? Isn't humans are all imperfect! 

I just feel like slapping her, she is sooo obsessed with Dr Cha until toward on destroying his life. I believe that because the guy who killed her daughter died fast and she wasn't satisfied that he died fast and not painless enough, she put all her energy on destroying Dr Cha. On the pretense that he killed that guy so that guy won't suffered long. She is putting her anger on an innocent person who didn't even hurt her daughter and herself.

Like my mom said, after she destroy him or killed him, who is she going to vent her anger on? To another innocent person? 

In reality there are people like her, who can't accept and find innocent person to vent their anger on. Sometimes they become to obsess on them and become their stalker. 

I think we can her Dr Cha stalker. 

I'm not sure about him applying a job in Cleveland. Hmmmm... it looks like he was applying for a job. But we can't assume anything yet. 

He just went for one treatment and hope he doesn't fall sick. 

In ep13 preview,  Dr Cha meets the old man. I hope he don't work with him. They want to use the drug and want him to work with them. I don't think Dr Cha will agree on doing that. Also, his name get tarnish and not sure what his situation going to be like..

17 hours ago, nooneor said:

Oh no! He applied for a job in Chicago? How can he think to leave after what KSY wrote to him. She said thank you for staying by my side. And he leaves?! 

He can’t go anywhere, he need to get the team cheers right :joy:

5d62821754a73241090004.gif?download

5d62823aa079b328112506.gif?download

A good MV, mostly because it has all the CYh- KSy scenes :D

Also can anyone tell me, what sort of consequence there can be in real life if a person with CIPA or some such congenital condition does practice in the medical field? I mean what penalty will he/she face, if any? any rules of medical boards in this regard?

11 hours ago, serendipity... said:

It could be far stretched but what if doctor C joins the prosecutor to expose the minister dude's plan or whatever he's up to. I've feeling the prosecutor's perception about doctor C is wavering at the moment and they could team up at some point. That nurse though... it's high time she was exposed 

I definitely think CYH and the prosecutor will end up working together. I don't see CYH approving of the minister's actions and the prosecutor is actually a pretty fair guy despite his stalkery behavior. The nurse needs to be exposed for her own sake as well as others. Even if she ruins CYH she'll just find someone new to blame. She needs to be stopped so she can finally deal with her own pain and grief.

23 minutes ago, littleloony said:

A good MV, mostly because it has all the CYh- KSy scenes :D

Also can anyone tell me, what sort of consequence there can be in real life if a person with CIPA or some such congenital condition does practice in the medical field? I mean what penalty will he/she face, if any? any rules of medical boards in this regard?

Okay legally  there no law to  not being a doctor  cause your medical situation 

And legally there no Law say he had to  tell his health  conditions to them as long as it doesn't  have danger to other ( since health is under the private law protection)

So yeah CYH hide it but legally he isn't guilty  of anything then putting himself at danger but as you see the hospital  has also the right  to decide  what conditions it need from it doctors 

They can under his life risk issue refused to hired him , so it maybe legally cant blame him for it but legally there no law force them to hire someone they dont want 

And it Korea hospital where the order  and public image  so important, the hospital can just let him go when his contact ended or just fired  him under any reason like  " life risk " 

The problem is the public  reaction to this news ,  the evil nurse  played the plot since he cant feel pain he cant understand  other pain and that the reason he  killed the patient 3 years ago 

She and the news will play the plot of him has no feeling for his patient life and pain cause he cant understand  it 

So it depends  on public  reaction it can on CYH  side or against him and no hospital will take risk of having him die while working for them 

The other  problems do CYH  want to take this fight?? If his secret  out do he want to fight for his job there in that hospital and in all Korea!!! 

On 8/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, Annykey said:

Sister!
I also really like the way Ji Sung runs. He learned to run just in time for the "Defendant", before he could not 4-)

I love the way he walks also.  He has a truly sexy walk.

On YH--being fired.

I understand that South Korea  might not have the same employment protection that the West has, [not that it always works here] but on what grounds would they fire him.

On his ear problem perhaps, but not on his inability to feel pain.

How can you argue that someone can't do a job that they've been doing better than most everyone because their disease impairs them, WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THAT WORK EXTRAORDINARILY WITH THE DISEASE?

Archived