[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

On 8/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, nona88 said:

Dear I know how hard it was for me to watch the first part of ep 5  so it's most hard for you to watch 

I wish you could back soon  after all I think  the father issue will be on hold for a while 

Thank you.  :)  I'm still not watching but I am following spoilers and reading up on the thread.  This drama is so very good and the leads are brilliant.  But there is more than one "hot button" issue for me with this drama, so I'm better off on the sidelines until I know what to expect.

I have a strong feeling that this drama cannot have a happy ending because we already know that YH is incurably terminally ill.  It seems like the central dramatic issue will be about the sort of doctor that SY will become with YH's help.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

Hey guys, i just wanted to share this with you. I was trying to see if someone was recapping this drama and someone is ^^ So i thought to share the link with you guys :D Enjoy!

https://thewritersroomchennai.in/2019/07/30/doctor-john-recap-index/

P.S: thank you for thewritersroom for recapping this drama^^

This link is absolutely what I needed.  Thank you so much!

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m so confused about the Prosecutor. He doesn’t seem like the type to lie about having cancer.  I’m also confused about what happened to his kid. I thought his kid was one of Yoon Sung Gyu’s victims but from the latest episode it appears he was the Prosecutor of Yoon Sung Gyu’s case and the two kids kidnapped and murdered were the nurse’s. But why does the nurse think he should have a personal grudge as a parent? Well, I guess the goal of a drama is to keep us guessing lol and we’ll find out soon enough.

I really enjoy the medical cases. I know in the descriptions of the drama it was said that they wanted the race to diagnose to feel like a thriller and it really does.

I liked that the one male resident got his own little story with the phantom limb pain patient. 

Hello everyone! 

I had registered on this site a long time & was a silent reader all this time. But this show is just so good that I couldn't stop myself from posting.

In spite of this being a medical drama they haven't reduced it to just cool know - it - all doctors who handle one patient after another like machines. They are exploring the various sides of this profession & industry.

I was so happy to see how humble even a doctor like CYH can be when he empathizes with SY's fear of being responsible for a patient's life. We as patients truly can never understand how scary it must be for a doctor to have that much power in his hands - to cure or to kill a life! And while we have many shows talking about what all a patient goes through physically & emotionally I at least have never seen a show which talks so much about the guardian. The helplessness a relative of a terminally ill patient feels is no less than the pain of the patient. To watch your loved one in pain & not to be able to do anything is so so horrible. So its but natural if CHY doesn't want to appoint a guardian for himself. He really doesn't want anyone feeling that pain. This week the trainee doctor accepting his negligence & then finding the courage to seek an apology & also trying to correct his mistake as best as he can was wonderful. And then of course we have the whole businessmen masquerading as doctors who sit in their cabins constantly thinking about the profit & the image of the hospital. These people are sadly a very big part of the whole medical/ pharma industry. 

I think in the end this drama will be not about a love which grows old together but about loving a person for as long as fate allows you to be together. And like 'thistle' said above we will also get to see how SY grows as a doctor under his guidance. The makers of this show have been very unique in their treatment of all the issues so far so I am hopeful it wont be one of those usual endings for this show. Fingers crossed!

And before I end this post let me gush over Ji Sung :joy: He is just too good! Great actor & a damn handsome man! And he looked especially hot in this week's white crumpled formal shirt. 

10 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I wonder if anyone find BTS video of this drama? My husband is having a boy crush with Ji Sung. This is so very not him :joy:

There are some BTS on YT that I've seen (just search BTS Doctor John), and some have English subs.  

Here's one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJXzDEJX9aw

I'm sure other posters have lots more.

Okay I had rewatched ep 7 and 8 again 

I said before how sad it was to see one daily routine of CYH life and how much it break your heart to see how much someone do just to make sure he going to live another day :heartbreak:

but do you know what more heartbreaking was?? It how this person  was lonely  !!! Sy isn't the only first woman coming into his house ; she properly the first person coming to his house 

Having only one house shoes, having only one spoon and Chopsticks , SY realized it  too looking at this he had never had visitor and never ever even think he will had one , it was part of his daily routine to not expect anyone to be there in his personal life ( I know it was for good reason to hide his secret) 

But SY  realized it how much this person lonely can be!!! How long he had being living like this !!! How he could survive that lonely life more than surviving itself :heartbreak:

it break my heart watching it again and again and realizing from the little details how much sad and deep meaning its had  

From last episode:

Dr. Kang:  I like you

(intense jelly eyes between the lovebirds)

Ep 9

(intense jelly eyes continues to intensify while the elevator closes the doors and it goes back up)

Dr. Kang:  I said I like you.

Dr. Cha:  So?

Dr. Kang:  You big meanie.  I've mustered all my courage to confess and that's all you can say.  You jerk.  (she ran out crying and ended up crying the whole night.  Dr. Cha on the other hand spent his night jelly-eyed the wall while daydreaming about Dr. Kang.)

(The next day, they meet in the elevator)

Dr. Kang:  You still haven't said anything about yesterday.

Dr. Cha:  I'm sorry.  I'm not ready for a relationship....  I mean I....  I'm already married with 2 kids.

Dr. Kang:  Uh.  No you're not.  I've been to your house.

Dr. Cha:  Right.  Actually I have a girlfriend and she's studying abroad.

Dr. Kang (roll her eyeballs):  Really?  Is this how you wanna play?  You're not getting away so don't even try.  Come with me.  (Dr. Kang again checks his vitals.  You can imagine the gazes, the jelly eyes, the flirting, etc..)

(Late that night)

Lawyer friend:  So what's eating you?

Dr. Cha:  I kind of have a problem and I don't know how to diagnose, I mean resolve it.

Lawyer friend:  Someone sued you?

Dr. Cha:  No.  A lady confessed to me.

Lawyer friend:  Kang Si Young?

Dr. Cha:  How do you know?

Lawyer friend:  Aren't you in love with her too?

Dr. Cha:  Yeah.  I mean no.  What do you mean?

Lawyer friend:  Well, it's kind of obvious you know.

Dr. Cha:  Damn.  Am I that obvious?  How do I turn her down without hurting her feelings?

Lawyer friend:  Did you say you got married with 2 kids?

Dr. Cha:  No. That did not work.

Lawyer friend:  Have a girlfriend abroad?

Dr. Cha:  I don't think that's working neither.

Lawyer friend:  You're into men?

Dr. Cha:  Well, what if she thinks you're my bf. 

Lawyer friend:  No.  That's not good.  Why don't you just tell her you don't love her?

Dr. Cha:  I can't lie like that, man.

Lawyer friend:  ............

On 8/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, nona88 said:

but i didn't wake up because he sure CYH will do that again that not wrong it his though

i wake up cause i had fast three ideas flying in my head at the same time

•  he going to dying people meeting and lying about being sick
  • he look like searching for someone
  • ánd he find someone who has nothing left but pain , death and wishing for death and he call the 911 himself

so call me crazy or over hating him but he going to send that women to be CYH patient with the agenda to make him face that again and catch him , waiting ?!!!!!!! you not going to wait you playing god and want to test him with the most horrible  situation 

dragonhiplz.gif?1 I don't think this is at all crazy. I thought he really was sick but after reading this I'm convinced that this why he's there, posing as a terminally ill person just to trap CYH. How sick is that? He is invading a place that dying people are bearing their intimate thoughts as a way to use their pain as a weapon against our Doctor.  He is going that poor lady who is dying and in pain to further his vendetta. I thought the nurse was crazy but this guy is psychotic How can he justify this behavior? I officially hate him too.:rage:

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

dragonhiplz.gif?1 I don't think this is at all crazy. I thought he really was sick but after reading this I'm convinced that this why he's there, posing as a terminally ill person just to trap CYH. How sick is that? He is invading a place that dying people are bearing their intimate thoughts as a way to use their pain as a weapon against our Doctor.  He is going that poor lady who is dying and in pain to further his vendetta. I thought the nurse was crazy but this guy is psychotic How can he justify this behavior? I officially hate him too.:rage:

I am still  hoping I am wrong :bawling: I am not sure about him not being sick as I said it just all this thoughts fly in my head the moment he said " let wait till CYH meet someone who has nothing left but pain and death" 

That why I said I maybe sound crazy 

I dont think this time I want to be righ 

Poor CYH , poor Sy  and poor the one they going to use if whay I though was right :heartbreak:

15 hours ago, iolahardy said:

Hello everyone! 

I had registered on this site a long time & was a silent reader all this time. But this show is just so good that I couldn't stop myself from posting.

In spite of this being a medical drama they haven't reduced it to just cool know - it - all doctors who handle one patient after another like machines. They are exploring the various sides of this profession & industry.

I was so happy to see how humble even a doctor like CYH can be when he empathizes with SY's fear of being responsible for a patient's life. We as patients truly can never understand how scary it must be for a doctor to have that much power in his hands - to cure or to kill a life! And while we have many shows talking about what all a patient goes through physically & emotionally I at least have never seen a show which talks so much about the guardian. The helplessness a relative of a terminally ill patient feels is no less than the pain of the patient. To watch your loved one in pain & not to be able to do anything is so so horrible. So its but natural if CHY doesn't want to appoint a guardian for himself. He really doesn't want anyone feeling that pain. This week the trainee doctor accepting his negligence & then finding the courage to seek an apology & also trying to correct his mistake as best as he can was wonderful. And then of course we have the whole businessmen masquerading as doctors who sit in their cabins constantly thinking about the profit & the image of the hospital. These people are sadly a very big part of the whole medical/ pharma industry. 

I think in the end this drama will be not about a love which grows old together but about loving a person for as long as fate allows you to be together. And like 'thistle' said above we will also get to see how SY grows as a doctor under his guidance. The makers of this show have been very unique in their treatment of all the issues so far so I am hopeful it wont be one of those usual endings for this show. Fingers crossed!

And before I end this post let me gush over Ji Sung :joy: He is just too good! Great actor & a damn handsome man! And he looked especially hot in this week's white crumpled formal shirt. 

Welcome here 

I like your post 

Yeh the drama will be about all of them grown  under CYH teaching  and about how CYH going to change too after connecting  with them 

And I have to say I really  like this words let me quotes them

" this drama will be not about a love which grows old together but about loving a person for as long as fate allows you to be together"

I hope for happy ending but it exactly  what you said that maybe something that CYH has to learn from SY , to allow  himself to enjoy  being with someone love him no matter what the future have pain and suffer.

I think it something that the second  half of the drama will focus on it , how to deal with CYH pain and wall.

I understand  CYH fear till now, he suffered enough  to know better  to not allow someone to share that with him, he had all his life  program for saving himself and saving his dream and life mission of saving other from pain, as SY said he refused  to be selfish after losing all the normal life enjoining he only had one thing that he can't  lose it his only surviving fuel, so he didn't dream about getting more but it his fate to meet someone like Sy who stubborn, strong , straightforward and emotional person so all the logical thinking not working with her.

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lawyerh , @sushilicious Is that 101 rescues mission 

I like this two so much, MR  need someone like our  cute doctor to show her really personality, she kind and weak from the inside but trying hard to be strong and cold from outside, I think she really admired her mother and was trying to be like her. 

And let be honest they so funny I like how he keep teasing her :smirk:

On 8/11/2019 at 6:57 AM, Shinobu said:

I meant to add.  Instead of Dr. Cha being sick, they should have Dr. Kang being sick so I can see more of Dr. Cha emotional responses.  I thought that was so sexy when he got all bend out of shape worrying about her.

Yeh I wish to see that more his worry and out of control  mood 

It okay, still you can think of it how  he will be able to resist SY caring  for him when he sick and weak , she going to find out no matter how he tries to hide she not fool or going to leave him alone so there no way she not going to figure it out fast :rolleyes: 

Is it me only or I think he need  to get a little jealous too ( okay I wish to see what kind  of jealous someone like CYh can have :blush:) calling for some hot old friend or boyfriend 

5 hours ago, kdrama123 said:

hi.. do you guys know how old is the main characters? cyh and ksy...

Hmm, I'm guessing CYH is probably 38 years old, as this is from what I saw in Episode 6, when KSY reviewed his xrays, it showed he was 32 years old in 2013

for KSY, I'm not really sure... anyone have any ideas? Because in my country, there is no such thing as resident or fellow, we use Grades; ie Gred 41(HO), Gred 44(MO), and so forth

Hi all, im currently watching this and really loving it so far, this is the first drama that get me hooked and wanting to keep watching it till the end. Really love the chemistry between Jisung and Seyoung. Story's side, the whole CYH's story  of CIPA condition, and how he deal with it throughout his life is what makes me wish for him to quickly accept SY and be happy form now on.

CIPA in real life is an incurable disease, so i think we need to prepare ourselves for a not so happy ending. I just hope that they will give us a satisfying scenes that show us CYH is happy and not being lonely before his time comes. Though im sure i will still cry a river watching it. :bawling:

Anyway anyone know is it going to be an 16 or 20 eps?

5 hours ago, kdrama123 said:

hi.. do you guys know how old is the main characters? cyh and ksy...

As far as i know, CYH is born in 1982 and KSY in 1991, they're 9 y.o apart. In real life Jisung born in 1977 and Se Young 1992. Hahaa

I’m hooked onto this drama and immerse into the relationship between CYH and KSY. I love their chemistry so far and with not much actions said, their eyes speaks their

feelings in between.

The only thing i hoped is there’s no Melo ending as I’m already on the ship. I’ll be quite sad if they aren’t together in the end.. CYH need someone who could understand him and support him. 

1 hour ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Anyway anyone know is it going to be an 16 or 20 eps?

16 on the official SBS page.

Yeah I am steeling myself for a sad ending for CYH.  He’s living on borrowed time for a person with CIPA.  Unless the writer gives us a nice KDrama bubble ending, I am sort of prepared for the worst.  Still, it doesn’t in any wise negate the bond YH and SY have whilst he is still living though.  It’s about cherishing what you have now, day to day.  That’s how he’s lived every day of his life.  It’s a gift.  

Archived