Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

In the end, KYO was 'betrayed' by her own children. A fitting karma for all her sins. She thought she was a great mother by giving her children wealth and status but did not think of the burden she inflicted on them.

• Like 6

@Ameera Ali Haven't watched it yet and likely won't lol:joy::mrgreen:

@realistic2280a SW really has patience lol:skull:. But in a way, I'm glad they left their relationship ambiguous because it would have been a rush if they got together.....

Thanks to all Chingus who made this thread interesting. I'll see you around:wub:. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Just finished watching the final episode. I don't think I want to touch on anything more since @larus has already summed up my thoughts into words perfectly. Only that i have problems accepting YeeNam turning a new leaf overnight, like it was easy to forgive when you lost everything. Anyway it was a satisfactory ending.

@Ameera Ali my understanding from Jenny's conversation with SunWoo, she tells him to live his own life now, do the things that he always wanted to do, meet a nice girl and fall in love. I can only assume that their love is only platonic. 

Except for some bumps along the way, it has been a great ride here. Thanks to everyone on this thread love reading your thoughts and not forgetting the added cheer cuz it would have been bland without it:D

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

@Ameera Ali I think gangster’s love line has hope :lol:

But there really wasn’t any other romances that took off . HJ & SW smiled at each other . So I guess she’s forgiven him . Lol ...all the build up for nothing .  SW & Jenny for me remain family , he’ll always be her pillar of support. But at least there’s a happy life for them & Jenny got what she wanted. . So ta da! That’s how  I see it . 

this drama really lost its plot on me due to all the cancellations & weakness in the pacing . The revenge plan became rather unclear after a while & as a viewer I got rather tired :lol:. Anyhow I’m just happy the characters I came to care for  remained alive. My regret is still JH’s suicide though it’s wasn’t hard to see why he would end up that way . And Ye Nam got off too easily 

Goodbyes from my favourites 

Drama hit it’s highest ratings for its finale 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@Ameera Ali I think gangster’s love line has hope :lol:

But there really wasn’t any other romances that took off . HJ & SW smiled at each other . So I guess she’s forgiven him . Lol ...all the build up for nothing .  SW & Jenny for me remain family , he’ll always be her pillar of support. But at least there’s a happy life for them & Jenny got what she wanted. . So ta da! That’s how  I see it . 

this drama really lost its plot on me due to all the cancellations & weakness in the pacing . The revenge plan became rather unclear after a while & as a viewer I got rather tired :lol:. Anyhow I’m just happy the characters I came to care for  remained alive. My regret is still JH’s suicide though it’s wasn’t hard to see why he would end up that way . And Ye Nam got off too easily 

Goodbyes from my favourites 

Drama hit it’s highest ratings for its finale 
  Reveal hidden contents

so true...they tease us for the possible love line between SW & HJ but it didnt come true... so bad of them.

Honestly I dont get the fascination of suicide...y was it so easy to decide to end 1 life??? why was it the writer 1st choice to end a character. JH character could be a hero if the writer choose to kill him while trying to save JJ. That would definitely devastated his mother more since she ordered the kill.   Just in 1 drama there are 3 suicide death. I would have thought they would choose a different route considering the current situation with idols/stars facing depression and considering suicide as an option  (just my personal point of view....)

Edited by triplem
Removed quoted images
  • Insightful 7

I like the ending, simply because SW and Jenny are happy and free.

Ordinary pic from the set...but, I like it...:D

• Like 1
  • Love 5

On 11/28/2019 at 5:40 AM, triplem said:

She poisoned herself. This coward 

She can give it but can't take it. :rage:

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

I was at least satisfied that KYO got unexpectedly exposed in front of the media and a room full of spectators. The humiliation that she faced was satisfying enough for me because I kind of suspected that someone like her would be a coward and take the easy way out.

• Like 8

BTS

Spoiler

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I was at least satisfied that KYO got unexpectedly exposed in front of the media and a room full of spectators. The humiliation that she faced was satisfying enough for me because I kind of suspected that someone like her would be a coward and take the easy way out.

That helped a lot. I wanted to see a public humiliation more than seing her being in jail. I am glad that everyone find out that she was an imposter.  I am alright that he killed herself (knowing how narcisistic she was I was not surprised how she ended. I kind of suspected all along that `s how she will end). I already said that I think she had a good life in comparation with Jenny and she had the loyal Wang on her side till the end.

Another little satisfaction was to see her lose her mind a little, when her guilt made her see ghosts of people who she had wronged the most.

I am happy that Jenny and Sun Woo had a happy ending.

• Like 7

I admit the many breaks sort of ruin my momentum so I kind of stopped watchin' at ep. 12-13 I guess LoL!? I watched the finale & sad Jung Hyuk didn't make it... what a bummer... he was such a sweet soul...

Was surprised Ye Eun became Jenny's ally, Ye Nam's 180 as well. It was like everyone became a saint at the finale!:P Well except for the chairwoman of course.<_< Still prideful, shameless, greedy as ever.:rolleyes:

And shocked Hyun Ji's mom was alive?!:blink: This drama is a mess but in a good campy way ha-ha.:lol: Love that runway catwalk both Jenny/Do Young & Sun Woo did at the end scene.:kiss_wink: Just wished they included Hyun Ji too~ I agree with Ye Nam, even in a prison jumpsuit, Do Young made it look like couture. :w00t:

Take care everyone! Happy holidays, be well. Xo.

• Like 5

@monalisa

I think the chairwoman was just using her children as an excuse to climb up the social ladder to be very honest. <_<

She claims she did it all for them when really she wanted it all for herself. :P I still don't get why she stole Do Young's Mom's ring in the first place LoL? It was so... ugly. :lol: So disappointed she took the cowardly way out tsk.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

I wonder if HJ's mum can return to her job as a detective. After all, she did not leave her job on her own accord.

• Like 3

I have to admit that I'm a big Kim SunAh fan, but I'm afraid "Secret Boutique" gets a "meh" from me.  The story line was confusing, but the scheduling interruptions certainly didn't help.  If you haven't watched yet, just marathon through it, because it will probably make more sense.  The clomping around the mansion in high heels (where the sound didn't always match the footsteps!), the pink lipstick on men, and the whispering evil Mom seemed irritating, though was probably part of the drama mystique.  Anyway, the ending was OK, and I think most people were fine with it.  As a whole, this drama was heavy, dark, and deep,  but the cat was really cute.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Spoiler

702765_413801_5930.jpg

Go Min-si`s interview

"I remember the day I first received the script. It was winter then and it is winter now. It's been almost a year. The shooting took about half a year. ”“ I think it's over, so I'm new to memory a year ago and I'm grateful for suggesting the character I wanted to do. It seems lacking for my acting. Nevertheless, I'm thankful to see if I can meet such a great team. I think it's a work that I think about. ”

When the script reading day was the most trembling. “It's like a good example. I'm so nervous then. I am always thankful that I can feel a new excitement in an unfamiliar atmosphere, ” she said

In the end, she is reunited with her mother Jang Young-nam in the play. “Justice has triumphed,” she laughed. “When I shot the scene, tears came out. It was so crying. I really like Jang Young-nam. They were costars in her debut film, My Sassy Girl, they bwere also on TVN Sky's 100 Million Stars. It was even better to come out as a mother and daughter so I could be immersed. ”

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/855816

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Secret Boutique: Episodes 9-16 (Series review)

by missvictrix

SB_0.jpg

It’s been a wild ride with Secret Boutique! It’s no small feat when a drama makes big promises at its start, and then delivers on them straight through to the end, but Secret Boutique did just that.

Not only did we get our decades-long tale of revenge with just about as much drama and intrigue as you could imagine, but we also got really fantastic and moving character arcs with all of the players. I love stories about people with the courage to step back and take a look at their actions — and in the case of Secret Boutique, this element is what elevated the drama from a story of high-stakes revenge into an even better, richer story about people.

SB_2A.jpgSB_2B.jpg

There are some dramas I watch and wonder, “Why is everyone watching this?” and then there are dramas like Secret Boutique that make me wonder, “Why isn’t everyone watching this!?” It deserved better ratings, more attention, and above all, less tempo-wrecking preemptions (dramas over sports!).

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/secret-boutique-episodes-9-16-series-review/

• Like 4

Secret Boutique team meet again.

Year-end party Sun ah's warm handwriting garland

• Like 2