[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I believe Ye Nam will cooperate with Jenny from now on. Because she has begun to understand her biological father better - from two incidents:

I was sorry for Ye Nam in the last episode. She always needed a father figure. She found a picture of Wi Chang Soo, who believed it was her father, wrote a love letter to her father. She found out that her mother lied to her the whole life. Her biological father was a simple man but he was a good person and a good father for the other daughter. She knows that. Now, she knows that her mother killed him.

But still don`t trust her to do something good. I don`t trust her decisions. She won`t cooperate with Jenny because her ego doesn`t let her. She will go to the Jojwang. But we`ll see.

Now Kim Yeo Ok have a bad relationship with two of her children and this is only because of her.

I also wanted to point out that Kim Yeo Ok was loved by Mr Lee. He wanted to take care of her son as he was his own. Kim Yeo Ok had some feelings for him in the past? We know that she wanted something else, she was not satisfied with a simple life.

Who is Jung Hyeok`s father? Who is Ye Eun`s father?

Now Ye Eun has to find out that she is not from Wi family.

I think they filmed a scene where Jenny, Sun woo and Hyun ji played baseball. Why they cut the scene? :( I find a little abrubt the editing. They went to another scene so quickly. It was important because we saw how Ye Nam`s biological father died but this show needs light moments of bonding between characters as well.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

loved the episode, Jenny looked stunning 

wow , she can’t miss anything around her , love how she sharp she is & already noticing our couple  :D

5db38b2b5cd6a430781278.gif?download

New girl Ok boss , I can always make excuse  :mrgreen:

5db38bf16df40498204743.gif?download

Larus & Ameera Ali, thanks for the pix. Wow. Jenny's skirt at the baseball has a split. I didn't notice that in the drama. The split makes it looks like a "James Bond 007 skirt".  Lovely dresses. But then she manages a boutique. So she has to dress the part:P

8 hours ago, larus said:

I was sorry for Ye Nam in the last episode. She always needed a father figure. She found a picture of Wi Chang Soo, who believed it was her father, wrote a love letter to her father. She found out that her mother lied to her the whole life. Her biological father was a simple man but he was a good person and a good father for the other daughter. She knows that. Now, she knows that her mother killed him.

I am Not sorry for YN at all. She may not have a father but so does Jenny.  But because of her mother, YN has led a luxurious life (which was stolen from Jenny).  If only she has chosen to be a better person. Instead she chose to be jealous of Jenny.  They both lost their fathers.  Jenny had to live a more difficult life; to hide her identity.  But look at how they both turn out

23 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I believe it's an act to protect JJ. Now that I think about it, JH partner's death could be the work of his mom KYO. So JH knows how scary his mom can be if she finds out that JJ is actually WJS's daughter.

I’m with you on this . I am certain that JH does this to protect JJ. Actually the office scene btwn SW & JH with its flashback to their younger days is very telling of the kind of person JH is . He is a warm & loving person. And SW’s disappointment in JH’s supposed affair with another woman is not just because he has a crush on his noona , it was because he looked up to JH too . If he knew the truth about JH’s gay lover , he’d realise that JH has always protected Jenny , and that won’t change . 

———

I can’t hide my happiness for my SW-HJ ship :lol:. But I have learned from watching enough melodramas to tamper my expectations about how far they will develop this “romance”  . Nevertheless I love the interactions btwn the two seeing how comfortable they have become in confiding to each other about what goes on in their hearts . Even Jenny noticed @Ameera Ali making me crack up when she teased about banning office romances. I also like how the 3 of them have become like family playing catch together. It was sweet , I agree @larus such scenes are a good breather for all the scheming  and revenge we see in the episodes 

I know that KYO has threatened Jenny to get rid of HJ . But I trust Jenny , with HJ and SW’s help to be able to outwit KYO in this respect, in the same way they outwitted that cheating baduk lady 

The drama is getting good so far, I mean the actors and actresses are good at their job. But right now, Im more concern with Jenny Jang and Yoon sun woo. Jenny Jang suffers so much. She hurting herself. though most of the viewers wants sun woo and hyun ji have a romantic relationship, I seriously don't want that. I want Jenny Jang to be together with sun woo. Accept sun woo feeling. Like sun woo said, Jenny Jang and Jun hyuk just gonna end up hurting each other. Jun hyuk cannot love her. I really want both of them be together at the end OR there is nothing romantic between sun woo and hyun ji. If not for the cancellation, we would already have 12 episodes and just a few more. Now I have to wait longer. I am getting anxious to the max about the romance between sun woo jenny Jang and hyun ji. 

Lets be real. Jun hyuk is gay, he can never have desire for Jenny jang. He only loves her as his best friend. It's impossible for them to be in romantic relationship. Once again, what yoon sun woo said is definitely true, they are going to hurt each other more. I don't want to see Jenny Jang alone at the end of the drama with yoon sun woo and hyun ji having romantic relationship. That hurts more, that's loneliness for Jenny Jang. So I strongly disagree with that arrangement. They never have any attraction towards each other and now suddenly they have those romantic moment (like sleeping on YSW shoulder). I don't know whether it's a last minute arrangement to satisfy the fans or what.

2 hours ago, Noona91 said:

don't want to see Jenny Jang alone at the end of the drama with yoon sun woo and hyun ji having romantic relationship. That hurts more, that's loneliness for Jenny Jang. So I strongly disagree with that arrangement.

I agree. It’s just strange and not logical for me to see Sunwoo switching his love from Jenny to Hj in a jiffy, in less than a month. He’s been in love with Jenny since they were youths. There hasn’t been any big moments that would satisfyingly explain a hj x Sunwoo ship. 

It’s what I been saying for a long time, people ship hj and Sunwoo generally for superficial reasons. Saying that Sunwoo should not be in a relationship with Jenny because it’s “unhealthy” is really a smokescreen defense. It’s basically saying that broken people should stay single for the rest of their life? Only unattractive people should be with broken people? People are for the most part shipping Sunwoo & Hj because they are the more attractive couple ship. Most ships in dramas are generally like that, people ship the most attractive couples together unless the more attractive love interest are like super evil or have unredeemable qualities. If you cast someone like IU or Kim tae hee or lee da hae as Jenny, boy would people support the Sunwoo and Jenny ship more lol 

that’s why I took a break and stopped watching after ep 7. I’m just lurking around and reading the recaps because my heart can’t take it. I pity Jenny way too much for her not to have a happy ending with a beloved one. Succeeding in revenge does not tantamount a happy ending for a character, having love ones by your side from beginning to end constitutes a happy ending. And boy does Jenny need a happy family after what she been through her entire life. 

26 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I agree. It’s just strange and not logical for me to see Sunwoo switching his love from Jenny to Hj in a jiffy, in less than a month. He’s been in love with Jenny since they were youths. There hasn’t been any big moments that would satisfyingly explain a hj x Sunwoo ship. 

It’s what I been saying for a long time, people ship hj and Sunwoo generally for superficial reasons. Saying that Sunwoo should not be in a relationship with Jenny because it’s “unhealthy” is really a smokescreen defense. It’s basically saying that broken people should stay single for the rest of their life? Only unattractive people should be with broken people? People are for the most part shipping Sunwoo & Hj because they are the more attractive couple ship. Most ships in dramas are generally like that, people ship the most attractive couples together unless the more attractive love interest are like super evil or have unredeemable qualities. If you cast someone like IU or Kim tae hee or lee da hae as Jenny, boy would people support the Sunwoo and Jenny ship more lol 

that’s why I took a break and stopped watching after ep 7. I’m just lurking around and reading the recaps because my heart can’t take it. I pity Jenny way too much for her not to have a happy ending with a beloved one. Succeeding in revenge does not tantamount a happy ending for a character, having love ones by your side from beginning to end constitutes a happy ending. And boy does Jenny need a happy family after what she been through her entire life. 

Finally.. someone said it. Very well said. I thought I'm the only one who dislike who how the romance in this drama turns out. The moment they hinting at the romantic relationship between sun woo and hyun ji, I lost interest. How lonely it is for jenny jang. How unfair it is for jenny jang. What's more with Jun hyuk couldnt love jenny Jang as a woman no matter how deep he loves her as his best friend. 

Are they trying to portray that strong woman should stay single their whole life? They should at least make jenny jang open up her heart to accept sun woo and choose to be happy. Love those who loves her. You know how happy I am when sun woo said he is going to be the one to protect her heart. Because she is not alone, because someone is waiting for her. But now everything is ruined.

Me too, the sudden move on their romantic relationship makes me wants to take a break after watching episode 8 and 9. I'd rather no romance involved at all. I don't think I'm gonna be happy with the ending even though jenny jang get Deo group again, and Kim yeo ok lose if thats how the 'romance' gonna turns out at the end. 

38 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I've never shipped Sun Woo with HJ.  I just acknowledge that their ship has sailed - as intended by the writer.  But then we may never know till the final episode.  Like you, i do not shipped drama-characters according to their physical attractiveness. 

I've always wanted Jenny to have a happy ending.  I'm pretty sure all of us viewers feel the same way.  She suffered too much. She lost everything (her entire family; not just a father). Sun Woo is the closest thing to her.  Just like a family member.  But I think the writer has written Sun Woo as a brother-like figure for her.  And as viewers - there is nothing we can do about it. 

So do not take it too hard, Elan1:blush:

18 minutes ago, Noona91 said:

Are they trying to portray that strong woman should stay single their whole life? They should at least make jenny jang open up her heart to accept sun woo and choose to be happy. Love those who loves her. You know how happy I am when sun woo said he is going to be the one to protect her heart. Because she is not alone, because someone is waiting for her. But now everything is ruined.

Me too, the sudden move on their romantic relationship makes me wants to take a break after watching episode 8 and 9. I'd rather no romance involved at all. I don't think I'm gonna be happy with the ending even though jenny jang get Deo group again, and Kim yeo ok lose if thats how the 'romance' gonna turns out at the end. 

If Sunwoo wasn’t the only viable option for Jenny, like there were more adequate suitors

(ex . if JH wasn’t gay) I would be more receptive of a sun woo x hj ship. but still that would be pushing it because it’s so against Sunwoo character to be so fickle-minded after him showing devout loyalty to Jenny unless there’s a major time jump (like a few years) on the last episode then maybe Sunwoo x hj will make more sense. 

I won’t be a happy camper either if the writer gives her no one to love her at the end. Because that’s what Jenny needs after all these years of starvation of love. She lacked adequate food growing up but what she lacked more was love. The revenge plot took a back seat in my car after seeing how much craziness and loneliness she went through, I care more for her mental and spiritual well-being over any revenge. I want to see more of Jenny genuine smiles! 

14 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I've always wanted Jenny to have a happy ending.  I'm pretty sure all of us viewers feel the same way.  She suffered too much. She lost everything (her entire family; not just a father). Sun Woo is the closest thing to her.  Just like a family member.  But I think the writer has written Sun Woo as a brother-like figure for her.  And as viewers - there is nothing we can do about it. 

So do not take it too hard, Elan1:blush:

Sometimes when I see a broken character in a show or a movie, I want to give them the biggest hug and want to throwing mountains of blessings upon them and I want to protect them like a mother bear lol 

I relate to those characters more because although my life hasn’t been as crazy or daebak as some of these characters, my life has been really difficult and very lonely. Seeing them have a happy ending gives me some hope to keep believing that I will find happiness in my life even though it seems bleak. 

ah you right you right ^^ the writer can do whatever they wish to do lol 

I am a bit confused... can anyone help me to point out in which part of the drama that it shows Jenny loves SW? romantically that is, and that she desires his company/presence but chose not to accept his feelings because of her revenge plan? The way I see it, she loves JH more, besides being her early crush. It shows when she ditched SW for dinner to go to JH at the hotel. Didn’t even give a proper explanation to SW. 

@ktcjdrama The  way I see it ,  it has always been a one way love line  . Jenny loves JH , but he does not love her romantically as much as he cares & loves her like his best friend  . SW’s crushed on his noona since forever , but not once have I felt that being reciprocated - she too cares for SW but she treats him like family . 

While I understand different shipping preferences in every drama , and that’s perfectly fine , I am fully behind SW finding love with someone else - it’s not to do with looks , age, chemistry  etc . Jenny’s priority is her revenge , not his happiness. For me , SW & HJ’s interactions came about rather naturally . It’s not that they are suddenly into each other ......remember he did not trust her at the beginning. Even now , it’s just a budding friendship  at episode 9 and HJ is very respectful of his feelings for Jenny . She knows her place ( she asked Jenny to come with her & sW. ) At the same time , the two ( HJ & SW )  of them connect and understand each other pretty well from all the conversations they have . 

37 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am a bit confused... can anyone help me to point out in which part of the drama that it shows Jenny loves SW? romantically that is, and that she desires his company/presence but chose not to accept his feelings because of her revenge plan? The way I see it, she loves JH more, besides being her early crush. It shows when she ditched SW for dinner to go to JH at the hotel. Didn’t even give a proper explanation to SW. 

No you are not confused.

I cannot speak for others.  But for me, it is more of our own wish. Because of the tragic fate of Jenny, we want her to have a happy ending.  After she has claimed back what is hers, we want her to spend the rest of her life with someone who loves and cares for her.  She deserves that.

Jun Hyuk cannot fulfil this task  - for obvious reasons. So we wish she could be with Sun Woo.  But I feel the writer has written Sun Woo as a brotherly figure, for no other reason than their age gap.

I like Hyun Ji's acting.  But I cannot feel for her. She does not tuck at my heartstrings, the way Jenny does

for me @ktcjdrama , @triplem the two woman see how good he is , so let’s see how will take him :joy: - put owner ship on him :D

Jenny already know dangerous the new girl bring to his life , he already smiling, she not confident as before :mrgreen: & start giving her blessing @elan1 come jump to our shipping it’s save :joy:

9 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I like Hyun Ji's acting.  But I cannot feel for her. She does not tuck at my heartstrings, the way Jenny does

Thanks for clearing it up. 

Interestingly, I am the opposite. I cannot feel for Jenny until recent episodes where she broke down. And it was HJ’s story arc that got me continuing watching actually. I am rooting for her to find her mother and be reunited. But the last episode’s cliffhanger was awesome. KYO getting dagger-look from both the young girls. 

@triplem and @ktcjdrama, I also got the impression too that Jenny loves JH. I think it’s mostly because of the flashbacks to their younger days that I felt that way but then she discovered JH’s secret. JH was always kind to Jenny in the past so I think she began to care for him back then. The two seemed close. However, JH only loves and cares for Jenny as his best friend.

To me Jenny treats SW as family/younger brother. She always treated him that way. They probably became closer after her little brother died and SW saved her. 

I really like HJ too and I like the connection Jenny feels with her because it shows me that Jenny can get emotional when most times she’s cold and emotionless. The way Jenny broke down in the bathtub at home with the flashbacks to the way she behaved and was treated in the past had me crying. It was good to see that side of Jenny, the adult. 

43 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thanks for clearing it up. 

Interestingly, I am the opposite. I cannot feel for Jenny until recent episodes where she broke down. And it was HJ’s story arc that got me continuing watching actually. I am rooting for her to find her mother and be reunited. But the last episode’s cliffhanger was awesome. KYO getting dagger-look from both the young girls. 

:lol:

14 minutes ago, monalisa said:

Could HJ's mum be alive and in hiding?

Right from the beginning, I've always felt that she is still alive. (Let's see if we are right)

Archived