Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티 크 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

40 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

and wish he and JJ can be together.

I don`t anything against the relationship. I will welcome it. Jenny needs a little romance in her life. Let see if she will reciprocate the feelings. Right now she doesn`t think about love but I wish she will find a little hapiness in the end.

40 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

baduk girl with SW?

again... nothing against it. :lol:

We all think about romance but I am afraid that we`ll see only heartbreaks. I hope I am wrong.

I want to see a passionate kiss. :lol:

39 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

anyways, based on pg 1 of this forum, it says that SW will have a love line with Deo's 2nd daughter... sigh...  i hope its a fling, and he can go bk to JJ after that... 

The second daughter Ye Eun has a crush on Sun Woo as we saw it. She knows that he loves Jenny. The only way, Sun woo and Ye Eun will become a couple is when he will want to enter the family as well, to be close to Jenny. It will be sad for her to accept him knowing that he has feelings for someone else.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

21 minutes ago, larus said:

We all think about romance but I am afraid that we`ll see only heartbreaks. I hope I am wrong.

I want to see a passionate kiss. :lol:

The second daughter Ye Eun has a crush on Sun Woo as we saw it. She knows that he loves Jenny. The only way, Sun woo and Ye Eun will become a couple is when he will want to enter the family as well, to be close to Jenny. It will be sad for her to accept him knowing that he has feelings for someone else.

Yes, its a serious drama and there probably would be hearbreaks on it... but not for our lead couple ok, :)

its cool that SW became a lawyer and it would be interesting to know how they met each other again after so long. 

i havent even watch Vegabond,  i just so wanna watch SB coz the 1st episode was amazing  and only tonight that i have time to do so :)

• Like 4

I know I'm out of post here, just to say that the handsome actor who plays Sun woo will also be playing the lead male in the drama that starts on September 28, title: LOVE is Beautiful life is wonderful. We have for our eyes:love::love:/ A future great actor: handsome male  and good acting

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I know I'm out of post here, just to say that the handsome actor who plays Sun woo will also be playing the lead male in the drama that starts on September 28, title: LOVE is Beautiful life is wonderful.

Yeah. For six months he will be on the screen in a romantic comedy family drama. :D

He will appear in two different genre in the same time.

I want to say that I lost a bet on another thread. I was so sure that Sun Woo will show his abs in the first episode! :D

Secret Boutique: Episodes 1-2 (Series review)

by missvictrix

SB_2.jpg

SBS’s latest Wednesday-Thursday drama, Secret Boutique, made its premiere this week, and it’s bursting with noir-y goodness. It’s a little less melo than I expected, and a bit more action, intrigue, and female-strong badassery. The opening episodes feel a bit like Heartless City plus Mask — we’ve got the tightly woven layers of power, corruption, alliances, and loyalty, but set in a ruthless chaebol world where our heroine doesn’t exactly belong. Or does she?

Our heroine is JENNY JANG (Kim Sun-ah), and from the minute she appears on the screen, we know she’s a force to be reckoned with. Kim Sun-ah is on fire here — I love her in this role so far. She’s got the sass and swagger, but also a depth behind her performance; we quickly sense there’s a lot going on underneath the glamorous sheen of her demeanor. When she enters the room, everyone is buzzing with the question, “Who is Jenny Jang?” — and that might just be the thesis statement of the drama.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/secret-boutique-episodes-1-2-series-review/

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

baduk girl with SW? I thought she looks a tad young... gonna google these actors soon

I thought they look just right and the majority here were pairing JJ and SW when in real life they are abt 10yrs apart.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I thought they look just right and the majority here were pairing JJ and SW when in real life they are abt 10yrs apart.

Hehehe... coz we like KSA... so wants her to have someone younger... just like MLKSS .... hahha, joke joke.. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

What a intense opening. I love itB). I hope Jenny gets her revenge and exposes the imposter. Can't believe those people didn't do a background check on the woman and just took her in because of a family ring:crazy:. What a complete mess.

Now it looks like in the preview, Baduk girl messes up and the drug addict doctor gets killed in the process. Thanks to that, SW gets arrested for the crime. One thing is for sure, Jenny will be pissed off.

And why on earth would Baduk girl want to make a deal with the bratty daughter or the imposter mother when it's clear as daylight that her mother got hit in the head hard and is dead? Is she that naive to think that they will let her mother who is a cop live when she knows too much? Not to mention, that cop guy just tried to kill her the other night. Seems like she will learn this the hard way:weary:.

Poor SW, he really wants Jenny to be happy. That flashback showed why he is devoted to her completely and I hope he doesn't die at the end of this mess. I don't have to worry about him betraying Jenny though Baduk girl is bound to cause problems for him down the line. Not to mention, I'm not sure whether the second daughter is really interested in him genuinely or just wants him along with Jenny on her side. If only she knew she is wasting her time on something that doesn't belong to her:(. Though the difference between the two sisters is that, at least the second one has a lawyer license compare to the bratty one. She can live on her own without her family.

Now the brother and Jenny's new husband, he is another victim in this mess. He really loves her. And maybe it's just me, but this guy really does know Jenny is just using him and is after his family. One thing is for sure, this marriage won't work out because of his mother's past deeds. I really feel sorry for him:(

Imposter mother is really something. Did she just kill Jenny's grandfather by locking his bedroom door and left him to die? Poor Jenny had to witness her grandfather in that state and was even threatened for his murder. I hope Jenny exposes her for this crime as well. Now I'm really wondering how on earth did she pass her children off as the Deo family children? I would understand Bratty is Jenny age and the youngest daughter is the one who she was pregnant with. But what about JH, the brother? There should have been a family registry not to mention, he would have been aware or at least been suspicious about this.

Well, it seems like I'm getting ahead of myself lol:sweatingbullets:. Hopefully they answer this and it makes sense Imao:lol:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

Now the brother and Jenny's new husband, he is another victim in this mess. He really loves her. And maybe it's just me, but this guy really does know Jenny is just using him and is after his family. One thing is for sure, this marriage won't work out because of his mother's past deeds. I really feel sorry for him

I am sure she likes him but not love him. I bet she feels guilty about using him but she can`t turn back. I am sorry about him because he is used in the revenge but let see what person he became. We don`t know much about him.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

SW gets arrested for the crime. One thing is for sure, Jenny will be pissed off.

Jenny will do anything to get him out of jail.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

Poor SW, he really wants Jenny to be happy. That flashback showed why he is devoted to her completely and I hope he doesn't die at the end of this mess.

Yeah,  he wants her to be happy and he is sad that she is involved in this mess. He can`t let her alone to fight.

I was sad like him when Jenny said to him that she is more happy than she ever was. For her, the fact that she can make a step further in her revenge is making her happy. That`s not happiness. It is not what he wanted for her. 

• Like 8

I like the beginning of the relationship between SW and HJ regardless 

if there will be some romance.

He first noticed her intelligence, and for her it was his kindness. 

Although I dont like that HJ is in the storage room.

But, looks like SW cant do anything without Jenny's approval.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like the beginning of the relationship between SW and HJ regardless 

if there will be some romance.

He first noticed her intelligence, and for her it was his kindness. 

Although I dont like that HJ is in the storage room.

But, looks like SW cant do anything without Jenny's approval.

I think it will be a good relationship. Like you said, even without the romance involved, they could form a good team.

I like that Hyun Ji is a smart girl. I am really sorry that her mom died like that. Her mother was a police officer with a good heart. I really hope she will bring that phycho to justice.

Jenny is the head of the operation. It is her revenge. Sun Woo is her right hand and confident/ dear friend. Maybe he is like a family to her but he works for her right now. I want to see if Sun Woo will show some initiative or actions on his own. I hope he does because I would like him more. If Sun woo will decide that he will enter in a relationship with Ye eun, no matter if it is a wrong decision, it will be his decision. I like the heroes to be strong on their own and show some gravitas, to have initiative. We`ll see. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Hi to everyone. :) Just watched the second episode a few hours ago. 

A few thoughts. I really the Mom/Cop in the first episode. She was my favorite character and her home as some kind of shelter for prostitues was pretty unique and cool. I was hoping to see some scenes of that household. So i was a bit disappointed to see her gone. 

But how that incident was staged actually made me upset. It just makes her look dumb and incompetent and it also makes the Killer/Cop dumb and imcompetent. At least the daughter seems a lot smarter. She and and Sun Woo have been pretty fun.

Kim Sun-Ah is a bit bland for me so far. I haven't seen that much of her yet. I think she got quite some praise for 'The Lady in Dignity' which is understandable but i also found the performance too showy and flashy to really like it. Korean audiences seem to love that style though. I still need to watch 'Should We Kiss First' which is a completely different genre and she hopefully gives a more subtle and restrained performance.

But coming to the point that stayed in my mind since i watched ep 2 earlier.

So what is the relation between Jenny Jang and Wi Jung-Heok?^^

Thinking Kim Yeo-Ok was the wife of the chairman would make them have the same grandfather. Probably not blood related though because she had those children earlier. But did Kim Yeo-Ok bring in all 3 children from an earlier relationship? The youngest daughter seems a bit too young? In episode 1 i just assumed that she was the wife of the chairman. But i guess she just took of the role as the step daughter who noone knew and somehow inherited all of it.

• Like 6

@Fabbo From what I understood, KYO is a fake who took the place of Jenny's mom who was the original daughter in law of the Deo family. Jenny and WJH have no relationship other than the fact that their places has been switched. 

I believe she brought her kids in the house. How the chairman believed her lies is another story lol. The youngest one is probably the child she was pregnant with during the bus crush.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, lu09 said:

From what I understood, KYO is a fake who took the place of Jenny's mom who was the original daughter in law of the Deo family. Jenny and WJH have no relationship other than the fact that their places has been switched. 

I believe she brought her kids in the house. How the chairman believed her lies is another story lol. The youngest one is probably the child she was pregnant with during the bus crush.

It is what I understood also. After many years, Jenny`s gradfather was disapointed by his "daughter in law" and wanted her gone. Maybe he realised that she is very greedy,  not a good person but he never knew that Kim Yeo Ok is an imposter.

I supose that Dae-oh`s Chairman investigated his daughter in law`s past, knew about his estranged son. How it was explained that Kim Yeo Ok had an older son too? I think someone was helping imposter Kim Yeo Ok to hide the truth.

Who was her husband? I wish we find out more about her in the future episodes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thanks.

Roughly about 10 years i'd say if we look at Do-Young aka Jenny Jang as a girl at the accident and later as a teenager when the chairman dies.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, larus said:

It is what I understood also. After many years, Jenny`s gradfather was disapointed by his "daughter in law" and wanted her gone. Maybe he realised that she is very greedy,  not a good person but he never knew that Kim Yeo Ok is an imposter.

I supose that Dae-oh`s Chairman investigated his daughter in law`s past, knew about his estranged son. How it was explained that Kim Yeo Ok had an older son too? I think someone was helping imposter Kim Yeo Ok to hide the truth.

Who was her husband? I wish we find out more about her in the future episodes.

@lu09 and @larus, that’s my understanding as well. I agree with you that someone must have helped her hide the truth because surely there are people who knew the “real” couple if the Chairman investigated his estranged son’s wife and her past. However, it might also be that the Chairman was so upset with his son that he was determined not to know anything about him and now when they were about to reconcile the accident occurred and the Chairman was just grateful that his grandchildren survived. Added to that, the fake lady had the ring that was probably the son’s family heirloom and it was enough to assume that she was the wife.

In any case, I can’t wait to see Jenny take back her family’s inheritance. Her mom and sibling also died so unfairly. 

@Fabbo, I was so frustrated with cop mom that I found myself asking her if she doesn’t watch crime shows. And she’s a cop to boot. Aish. At least her daughter seem to have an intuitive sense for danger. I was surprised that she actually sensed that the guy in the alley was heading to her house and also had good sense to leave that police station and head to the prosecution office although, as usual, prosecutors in Kdrama are almost always dirt bags. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@celebrianna what frustrated me was that mum didn’t jump off the boat as soon as it started moving :lol:. But some of the logic in this drama I’ll need to overlook - the Super sonic vision of our baduk girl is almost unbelievable.

———-

With regards to how the fake chairwoman ended up where she is-  she was a pregnant thief who was also on the bus . She stole the ring on Jenny’s mum hands & I believe it was a family heirloom that Jenny’s dad gave to the mum . When chairman’s guys came to look for the couple at the hospital after the accident  , they found that the son ( Jenny’s dad ) was dead . They then tried looking for the mum and saw fake chairwoman wearing the ring & immediately mistook her as the Wife . It has been implied Chairman & son had no contact before this - that’s why Jenny’s mum mentioned she hopes chairman can accept them. So Chairman likely did not know who the wife is . The fake chairwoman is a con , so she probably took the opportunity to pretend like she was the Wife ...probably conned the old man into accepting the other kids  as well . This was easily 30 over years ago given that Jenny was about 7 or 8 then. 

————

@Ameera Ali I am impressed with how Long his legs are & how high he can kick. He legit did the scenes himself. Drool worthy :mrgreen:. @Sushimi

this was his character teaser released much earlier where I think you can anticipate more action scenes 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4

Omo. I'm watching even though it's so makjang drama. See how long I can watch this.  I'll be honest, prohbably not even 10 eps. Well as long as I'm still enjoying storyline and arcs, I'll watch. :D

I actually  enjoyed it  first two episodes. I don't know the leads though but  I see Kim Tae Hoon (JH, husband of Jenny).

From the flashback, Jenny is the grand daughter  of the chairman of DEO. Her father is the estranged son of chairman. But I'm confused. In the other flashback SW and JJ/ DY was in the orphanage. Was she brought there after the accident then the impostor chairman took her in?

I also want to see more of JJ and JH. He's liked or love her since  teenage years. He's going to defy his impostor mother for JJ. Please no age gap romance with SW and JJ.  I just don't feel it. I'm not of fan except when characters fit each other/complement. I understand SW is devoted to JJ . Cried his heart out for his 'noona' when she left the orphanage. JJ trust him and and who can she trust but the one who has bveen there for her.

I laugh at the money being served on tray. YN so annoying. So she has a husband whom she doesn't love because she has devoted TS with her. She's the typical antagonist to the lead who's been deprived of the privilege rightful wealth.  I like JJ character because it's strong and not a pushover.  But as with dramas, if she uses her heart more than her mind, something goes wrong and not according to plan.  Like if something where to happen with SW.

OT:  I don't know the names of the actors but I'm familiar with the faces.  Just gonna share about them. Kim Jae Young(SW character) is like lead here and wow the transformation. Cos If I'm not mistaken ( can correct me), he was part of one of my fav kdrama.  "I remember You" Like he's just one of the detectives there. Perseverance pays off in in the the kdramaland. Good for him.  Also checking  Go Min Si (Lee Hyun Ji chracter). She was part of  Love Alarm. And if you've watch K version of One Hundered Millions Stars from the Sky- she'sthe abused teen girl. She was good there. And I think she will be the FL from upcoming tvn pyscho thriller "Sweet Home"  (Lee Do Hyun & Song Kang - from reports).

• Like 3
  • Love 2