Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티 크 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

I feel very bad for JH...their society is so homophobic...and it is not an exaggeration. It is impossible for him to live happily ever after here especially when he comes from such a prominent family. ( I remember in DS60, the drama tried to broach the idea of equal opportunities and treatment for all regardless of their sexual preference, my goodness the knets were so against it and it was only a drama. It's a terribly sensitive subject. ) . So the drama will have to tread very carefully where it is headed with regards to his gay relationship.

The people were so against it just seeing it on a drama? I know it is a sensitive topic but I am glad the dramas are giving the audience a perspective on the subject regardless their oposition. Maybe the people all over the world will start accepting diversity in their lives someday. 

As for Jung Hyeok... I feel bad for him that his own mother will kick him out of the family when the public will find out about his sexual orientation. It is more important for her her status, what people talk than her own son. It is a sad thing when not only the society will exclude you but your own family will abandon you because of who you are. And he did not do any crime. 

No wonder Jung Hyeok will say to her mother that he loves/ apreciates Jenny more than her. (I do not remember the exact words). It was in the preview.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, larus said:

But what I don`t understand is why not explain to Jung Hyeok`s partner that this separation was not forever. It is not very clear for me what really is happening. 

I can't understand this part either. Wouldn't JH have explained to his partner even  before the wedding with JJ. I know the wedding is just for show and I believe it has not been registered.

2 hours ago, larus said:

About Jenny still having romantic feelings for Jung Hyeok, despite their pact to be best friends forever, it could be that but I think more than that she needs someone on her side for emotional support. 

She can open up to Hyun jeok more than she opens up to Sun woo right now. I don`t think her husband knows who is the real Do young. Sun Woo knows Jenny very well and knows all her secrets, she loves him too as a part of her family but she doesn`t let him see her vulnerable side. Sun Woo`s frustration with his noona is that. He already knows that she is not a rock but she doesn`t let him comfort her. Jenny wants to protect him and she pretends that everything is alright in front of her team.  Like  "I am perfectly fine. Smile" moment.

I believe JJ may have liked JH romantically before finding out his secret. I can understand that JH is the only person who showed an interest in her back then. I hope there is more to their relationship then what we've been shown so far.

As for SW, I believe JJ only sees him as her younger brother. I remember a scene in one of the earlier episodes before the wedding where JJ told SW she is not coming back that night, so he doesn't need to pick her up. JJ knew that SW looked disappointed but she tells him that he has always been a big help to her and she still needs him for her plan to work. So I gather that she doesn't want any romantic feelings between them because that will put a damper on their plans.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I believe JJ may have liked JH romantically before finding out his secret. I can understand that JH is the only person who showed an interest in her back then. I hope there is more to their relationship then what we've been shown so far.

Do Young liked Jung Hyeok in the past and ,fortunetly, they did not start a romantic relationship to find out later that he is gay. I am glad that she found that early.

Now, let see who is his father and if he has any relationship with him. I wish he is a good man and he will find in him a shelter after everything will be exposed. I imagine a terrible blow for the Wi siblings to discover that they are not from the family.

I wonder if Mr Choi from Jowang Group found the picture of Jenny`s family. Maybe he suspects that Kim Yeo Ok is not the woman in the picture and he wants to test her children if they are from Wi family. I wonder how Chairwoman Kim will go out from this situation. :D

The preview is full of new twists. I can`t wait to watch the next episodes.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I know the wedding is just for show and I believe it has not been registered.

I think it is registered.

• Like 7

I think any society has the right to set their standards and their cultural norms. I believed that societies have the right to have their own values and strongly disagree with anyone that opposes their values. Acceptance doesn't mean approval and the person doesn't have to accept or approve anybody's choice of what they want to do and who they are sexually attracted to.

No one, rather it's America or Korea should be forced to believe what they don't want to. As a black woman, I think that this type of issue will always be a Hot Topic because they will be someone always trying to force their values on someone else in either direction and it's the people who pay the consequence. I live in an America that it is torn due to religious and political beliefs. Everyone blames the president, because they don't want to see themselves as the mess starters. I don't like anyone that does not know how to accept accountability for their own actions and their own thought process. If you live by fear you will create fear in others, therefore, you need to own it and stop blaming on everybody else so you can make yourself feel better that you're a good person. Families no longer speaking because they are being forced to approve of something they believe per biblical Old Testament and New Testament that it is a sin. Purely scientifically speaking it cannot be proved  either  because twin studies always undermines  "the Born This Way Theory". And no one can really skate around that there is nothing in the Bible that approves of those type of relationships or the sexual acts involved. So I guess the question becomes why is it so important for anyone to force and make someone else believe the same as they do no matter what those core beliefs are? Doing things by force always produces extremes.

Someone's values is going to win the day and someone's values are going to suffer to maintain them; that's the cost of conviction. And yes the Korean people will likely Revolt because they see what has happened in America and they in no way won't that the tear up their society there. The way I live is this, if you want to be understood then try to have an understanding. Empathy or  validating does not mean that you approve or disapprove. And if you disapprove who I am whether it be genetic factors that I cannot control like my biological sex, my ethnicity, then that is your god-given right. I work with people and treat people with different faiths and opinions all the time. There are times that I strongly agree with them there are times that I strongly disagree or softly disagree. I do not force myself upon them and if they try to force to force themselves upon me, I'm going to put my boundary up.  I do not draw unnecessary lines in the sand unless they really have to be drawn up. Even to the most hateful person, I do not believe that should lose their job on their lives because we cannot agree on morality.

The writers of this drama likely knew what they were trying to provoke when they wrote the storyline so they're going to have to live with the outcome. The long term may go their way or not go their way but that's a decision they will have to live with knowing the society they live in. No matter what you trying to convince anyone of, you can't lead someone to the water you're trying to drink by breaking their legs at the same. If you are breaking someone's legs you are dragging them. Who likes to be dragged?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, larus said:

was not forever because Jenny told Jung hyeok that if it is too painful they could separate. She also said that for him to love freely  and not hide the man he loves they have to beat Kim Yeo Ok first.

I really don’t remember her telling him that but it’s probably due to my hazy memory lol I thought she expressed to bring his lover to trip to settle things and to move on and forget his lover and come to “love her” instead to beat his mom. 

Yeah I agree that she needs him for emotional support but also because he as one of the heirs of DEO group, he has power which he did use to influence on the camera man on ep 6 because he wasn’t allowed to be on the talk show but forced his way into appearing. 

8 hours ago, larus said:

Woo is a friend for Jung Hyeok too? What`s the relationship between both men? I wish the show will explore more this relationship. Jung Hyeok said one time that he cares for both Jenny and Su

I think they were more of friends by association with Jenny. but is possible there could be something more, maybe JH had a crush on Sunwoo LOL

8 hours ago, triplem said:

emember in DS60, the drama tried to broach the idea of equal opportunities and treatment for all regardless of their sexual preference, my goodness the knets were so against it and it was only a drama. It's a terribly sensitive subject

What does DS60 stand for ? 

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

can't understand this part either. Wouldn't JH have explained to his partner even  before the wedding with JJ. I know the wedding is just for show and I believe it has not been registere

Even Jenny didn’t tell Sunwoo it was a sham wedding. For some reason they think it’s best to keep the secret between them...I’m not sure why. But then again Jh still hook up with his lover after they got married...so maybe his lover does know? 

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

SW, I believe JJ only sees him as her younger brother. I remember a scene in one of the earlier episodes before the wedding where JJ told SW she is not coming back that night, so he doesn't need to pick her up. JJ knew that SW looked disappointed but she tells him that he has always been a big help to her and she still needs him for her plan to work. So I gather that she doesn't want any romantic feelings between them because that will put a damper on their plans

Definitely for the time being it’s Mostly one sided, Even if she does have some interest, it’s very small and it doesn’t seem like she wants to explore it for the time being because it will just make her already interesting life even more interesting lol too much craziness already happening. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

What does DS60 stand for ? 

Designated Survivor: 60 days, the Korean remake of the US series (Designated Survivor).

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

Even Jenny didn’t tell Sunwoo it was a sham wedding. For some reason they think it’s best to keep the secret between them...I’m not sure why. But then again Jh still hook up with his lover after they got married...so maybe his lover does know? 

I understand Jenny and it is showing how loyal she is.  It is Jung Hyeok`s secret to tell.

Of course Jung Hyeok`s lover knows and he sure understood. They could not be together officially.

• Like 3

I liked the scene when SW and HJ opened the door at the same

moment...sparkly. 

I also liked it when HJ called that  little girl and showed her the drawing.

For some reason SW was completely surprised. :)

I didnt like that Jenny hit HJ.

SW looks kind of miserable as he just stood there and remained silent.

• Love 3

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I see slapping someone's face as mostly equivalent to humiliating the person, so I wouldn't say I like it either, but in a way, I understand why Jenny did that.

I watched the episode twice but caught the slap only the second time because I was distracted the first time. What she said after the slap left an impression from the first time though.

"Did it hurt?... You need to be alive to feel the pain..."

I didn't see the slap that first time, and I thought Jenny was referring to the betrayal by the girl's mum and HJ's possible realization of her lack of wisdom in that rash act. But it somehow felt abrupt, to suddenly refer to the above and asked if it hurt.

The second time, I saw that slap and I saw the connection. She was referring to both the physical pain from that slap and possibly (metaphorically) the pain from what I mentioned above. And I felt that physical act of slapping HJ made the scene more impactful and complete. Her intention was not to humiliate but to "wake her up" to her naivete and that physical pain and the whole act of being slapped would have left a very deep impression on HJ, if it did so even for us viewers. Jenny was trying to warn HJ, not for "creating trouble" for SW and her, but because it has, and would continue to put her own life (as well as SW and hers) at risk if she doesn't "wake up". She is trying to ensure the gravity of the situation is communicated to HJ and given the situation, their relationship and her character/status, I think the slap was most appropriate.

To imagine Jenny hitting HJ on her head or punching or pinching her would make Jenny look ridiculous and change the whole tone, providing comedic relief instead. :D

And I noted SW's expression as well. He definitely felt something when HJ got slapped... It was intentionally reflected that he didn't feel nothing.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, chubbz said:

The second time, I saw that slap and I saw the connection. She was referring to both the physical pain from that slap and possibly (metaphorically) the pain from what I mentioned above. And I felt that physical act of slapping HJ made the scene more impactful and complete. Her intention was not to humiliate but to "wake her up" to her naivete and that physical pain and the whole act of being slapped would have left a very deep impression on HJ, if it did so even for us viewers. Jenny was trying to warn HJ, not for "creating trouble" for SW and her, but because it has, and would continue to put her own life (as well as SW and hers) at risk if she doesn't "wake up".

Yes, Jenny never intended to humiliate her. She reacted like a person who cares about the other but needs to make a point. It was an emotional response from Jenny and we saw how affected she was after that. Hyun Ji was like the imature kids who believe they are doing some "heroic" things (they know better) but fail miserable, not thinking of the consequesces. It was a "wake up" call.

I am glad that Hyun ji apreciated Jenny`s effort to save her life. Jenny never hesitated, not even when Sun woo told her to not intervene because it was a trap. She did more than Sun woo in that crissis, she resolved the situation without force.  She was tough, precised, persuasive  and had a great self- confidence which was sustained by her actions. I am sure it was not easy for her to go to the tiger`s den and everything could have ended bad but she was in control the whole time.  My favorite part was when she told the gangster that his current bosses won`t let him sit at the same table. It was true, she knows them so well like she was present earlier at the scene. :lol:

Jenny was a hero, her knight in shining armor. If I were in Hyun Ji`s shoes that night, I would have been embarrassed of myself, I would have accepted the slap and maybe learn something. I would promised myself to not create such a mess again.  

5 hours ago, chubbz said:

And I noted SW's expression as well. He definitely felt something when HJ got slapped... It was intentionally reflected that he didn't feel nothing.

We saw that Sun woo likes Hyun Ji, maybe he is getting interested in her as a woman but in that particular scene, I did not see his concern for Hyun ji as much he was concerned for Jenny. He was not physically involved in the scene, he was like a silent observer. I bet he understood the both sides but he understood Jenny more than anyone. And we saw  in next scene that he did not want to let her be alone in that moment. He knows that Jenny is getting emotionally involved, that she sees herself in her new protegee. 

I want to talk about the "Thank You" part. In both situations, the magic word, made the other person defenseless. Jenny projected herself in the past, she remembered the time when she depended by someonelse to survive, when she was thankfull for another chance. Painful memories.   The bath house owner, stop hitting Do young when she saw how mature she is, she saw her desperation too.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

also liked it when HJ called that  little girl and showed her the drawing.

For some reason SW was completely surprised. :)

He was definitely pleasantly surprised because she used a different tactic from what he and Jenny would use to get results. Jenny would use her understanding of people, grasping their weaknesses to produce fruit. Sunwoo would generally use physical measures. Hj would use empathy and transparent kindness. 

SW didn’t look miserable at all, he was more like shocked. It’s the same reaction most people would have. Some Hj X Sunwoo shippers will grasp at anything to try to make their ship float. Seriously LOL but then again I would prob do the  same and perhaps done the same in past dramas, so I get it :lol: 

@chubbz and @larus both more than adequately explained the intention of the wake up call slap. 

3 hours ago, larus said:

want to talk about the "Thank You" part. In both situations, the magic word, made the other person defenseless. Jenny projected herself in the past, she remembered the time when she depended by someonelse to survive, when she was thankfull for another chance. Painful memories.   The bath house owner, stop hitting Do young when she saw how mature she is, she saw her desperation too.

Very good critical thinking! I wanted someone to hug jenny at that moment when she was in the bathroom. Like Jh saw her tearing up and I was like brooo, go in and comfort her lol 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

SW didn’t look miserable at all, he was more like shocked. It’s the same reaction most people would have. Some Hj X Sunwoo shippers will grasp at anything to try to make their ship float. Seriously LOL but then again I would prob do the  same and perhaps done the same in past dramas, so I get it :lol: 

I noticed that too. Every glance became so meanigful. :lol: It was a normal reaction that someone would have had. But in the next episode, indeed Sun woo and Hyun ji will have moments of closeness. They will eat together, smiling at each other, she will put her sleaping head on his shoulder. Typical kdrama moment of a beginning of romantic relationship. It will be interesting to watch Sun Woo`s journey. He needs a relaxed time, where he could explore more his feelings. 

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

I wanted someone to hug jenny at that moment when she was in the bathroom. Like Jh saw her tearing up and I was like brooo, go in and comfort her lol 

No, it wasgood that he let her alone but it was nice that he observed her vulnerable side. I bet he would have wanted to know what happened with her.  Maybe he will have other times when he would comfort her.

The guys in the drama are not in the spotlight, in the center of the story but I wish they be utilised to the maximum in the story. I can`t wait to see who is Jung Hyeok`s father.

Jung hyeok was not involved too much in the family business but from what I see , he is much capable than Ye Nam. It was nice to see him in the TV station not being pasive. Hope to see more of him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, larus said:

No, it wasgood that he let her alone but it was nice that he observed her vulnerable side.

You’re right, also it’s good for the audience to see this side of her, feeling all alone for the moment hahaha

• Like 3

I thought that some of those who saw the video would do the right thing.

But, it looks like the girl who died on the yacht is of no use to anyone.

As if she didnt even exist. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I thought that some of those who saw the video would do the right thing.

But, it looks like the girl who died on the yacht is of no use to anyone.

As if she didnt even exist. 

That`s why the question is why Lee Joo Ho, the one who works with the mayor, did not say anything. He saw Oh Tae-Suk when he threw the victim`s body in the ocean, he recognized him later and knows who he is. 

He participated at the party on the yacht and he was the only one who did not seem to enjoy it, like he was uncomfortable there. He observed everything but not say anything. If I have to assume, I think he was a spy, and he works for Jowang. If he is not someone else`s man, he will use the imformation about the mayor, when he has an interest  (maybe he wants to be the next mayor). 

It is sad that everyone is looking for their own interest, but I believe, in the end, the mayor will pay for his crime.

I am watching the pictures from the next episodes and I see both Jenny and Jung Hyeok in black as they went to a funeral. From the body language, it doesn`t seem that it will be Jung Hyeok`s lover who died. I don`t think he is the one Kim Hye Ok has mentioned in the preview. But we`ll see.

Maybe they went to Jonwang CEO`s funeral.

There is an article about the subtle love triangle of "Lady in Noir". The article summarizes the relationship pf Jenny with the two men.

20191013001048281_1.jpg

The production team said, “Kim Seon-ah, Kim Jae-young, and Kim Tae-hoon are like a light that awakens the emotional feelings in the breathtaking 'Lady's Noir.' It will be a pleasure. ”

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20191013001048281

Actress Kim Hye-won appeared as a scene stealer.
202438_202815_3844.jpg
Kim Hye-won, who is loved for his impressive acting in various fields such as drama, film, theater, and advertisement, plays the role of Choi Bo-a as an announcer with intelligence and beauty in the SBS drama 'Secret Boutique'.

Kim Hye-won's performance, which adds to the drama's immersion, shined even more in 'Secret Boutique', which was broadcast on the 9th. In the broadcast, Choi Bo-a (Kim Hye-won) is depicting a live program issue room featuring Jenny Jang (Kim Sun-ah) and Yu Ye Nam (Park Hee-bon) as a special guest.

http://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=202438

• Insightful 3

59 minutes ago, larus said:

There is an article about the subtle love triangle of "Lady in Noir". The article summarizes the relationship pf Jenny with the two men.

The production team said, “Kim Seon-ah, Kim Jae-young, and Kim Tae-hoon are like a light that awakens the emotional feelings in the breathtaking 'Lady's Noir.' It will be a pleasure. ”

I think it's a lie or they got tangled up brushes, I mean which love triangle? with Jenny? we have been waiting since the first episodes to see if there would be these possibilities, but they are creating a possile romance SW and HJ.
Anyway I can not wait to see Jenny's revenge

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I think it's a lie or they got tangled up brushes, I mean which love triangle? with Jenny? we have been waiting since the first episodes to see if there would be these possibilities, but they are creating a possile romance SW and HJ.
Anyway I can not wait to see Jenny's revenge

The articles always mention about love triangles even when there isn`t one. There is a tension between these three characters but, in the end, it is very possible that Jenny will be single. At least, she has these two handsome men at her side, as friends. 

About love triangles... another one is created in the drama. Sun Woo with Hyun Ji and Ye Eun. It is enough for one character (A) to be interested in someone (B) and that person (B) to like someone else (C) and voila... a "love triangle". Even when A and C don`t stand each other. :lol:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mevroupinda said:

glad that kim sun ah make drama every year . i following her since Woman in Dignity . she is so pretty :love:

I am also glad that actresses in her 40s receive offers for first leads in kdramas. Keep it up.

I watched Kim Sun ah in City Hall, Should We Kiss First, Children of Nobody and now Secret Boutique.

I will watch her next drama. :D

How cool is Janny Jang/JJ.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, larus said:

I am watching the pictures from the next episodes and I see both Jenny and Jung Hyeok in black as they went to a funeral. From the body language, it doesn`t seem that it will be Jung Hyeok`s lover who died. I don`t think he is the one Kim Hye Ok has mentioned in the preview. But we`ll see.

Maybe they went to Jonwang CEO`s funeral.

I haven’t checked back to the episode, but wasn’t the wearing all black during the father’s memorial? 

• Like 2