[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

@realistic2280a Affairs :lol:. Not one but three lol:D. This is a new record:mrgreen:.

The youngest is the one she was pregnant with during the accident. The brat is the same age as Jenny. Indeed, if she had a child afterwards, there would have been a problem as you said. Not to mention, the youngest one won't be able to hold her head high like she is doing now. I'm curious who is husband #3 lol?:joy: 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@realistic2280a Affairs :lol:. Not one but three lol:D. This is a new record:mrgreen:.

The youngest is the one she was pregnant with during the accident. The brat is the same age as Jenny. Indeed, if she had a child afterwards, there would have been a problem as you said. Not to mention, the youngest one won't be able to hold her head high like she is doing now. I'm curious who is husband #3 lol?:joy: 

Its probably refreshing to see the women who are having the affairs and not only old chebols doing it, hahhaa...

Why would Yee Nam think that she is pure Doe's blood all these time...hmm.. ah yes now i remember, she and jenny are near the smae age, so she was conceived earlier, as the real Jenny was... thanks for the clarification. :)

6 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Its probably refreshing to see the women who are haiving the affairs and not only old chebols doing it, hahhaa...

Why would Yee Nam think that she is pure Doe's blood all these time...hmm.. ah yes now i remwmember, she and jenny are near the smae age, so she was conceived earlier, as the real Jenny was... thanks for the clarification. ;)

I know lol. It's always the men who have multiple children from different partners lol:mrgreen:.

No problem:). She was able to pull it off because the girls had the same age and the mothers were pregnant at the same time. But I still don't understand how she brought JH into the household:mellow:. I hope they answer that soon.

5 hours ago, dimpletot said:

I’m lost at the 3 children all having 3 diff fathers... how is this possible? Can someone enlighten me??

I find KYO's character similar to Mishil in Queen Seondok lol she was concubine to several kings and lover of some lord and generals, she mothered several sons as well with her lovers. Probably thats the way KYO survived. 

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

But I still don't understand how she brought JH into the household:mellow:. I hope they answer that soon.

I think since JJ/DY's father WJS was estranged from his father, the old man probably didn't know much about his son's life so it was probably easy for KYO to lie her way into the household by making up stories about JH being a son she had before meeting WJS.

13 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@larus... hopefully they will both be safe, at the end, together 

Both have suffered enough and put their life on hold. Even if they will have different partners, they are close as family.

Sun Woo and Jenny said in a monologue (the end of episode 8) what they feel about their life.

Hyun Ji asked Sun woo why they want the city project so much. He did not answered but said in a monologue:

"Dreams that feel empty when realised and upsetting when not. That`s the road we`re both on."

Even if they can defeat Kim Yeo Ok or wihn the city project, they know that they won`t be happier. And it is not an option to give up now. That`s why I can`t wait to see the imposter down, because then they can start rebuild their life.

The preview.

It looks like Jogwang people found Chairwoman Kim`s man. He will do a press conference? We`ll see.

Jung Hyeok knows that Jenny/ Do Young`s family photo will threaten her. Maybe he doesn`t know the whole story but he wishes her to be safe. He knows his mother very well. Jenny knows that their 20 years friendship will suffer because of the revenge but I still have hope that he will forgive and understand her.

Jenny and Kim Yeo Ok will face each other openly. The later said that she will bring down with her everyone who dares to attack her. 

Secret Boutique: Episodes 3-8 (Series review)

by missvictrix

SB2_1.jpg

Secret Boutique has totally become my dark horse of awesome. It’s not often that a show moves exactly the way I hoped it would, and exceeds my expectations every week with its consistency, tone, and great twists and turns. But it’s also just a really good watch. The drama’s exciting battle of wits, introduced during its premiere week, wages on, building tension with each episode.

While everyone else is watching cute, pastel-y sageuks and high school shows right now, I feel like I’ve got this deep and delicious revenge story all to myself — but that doesn’t mean I don’t want company!

SB2_2.jpg

The opening week of Secret Boutique gave us a pretty good sense of the kind of drama we were in for — we left off with the reveal that Jenny Jang’s position in the Dae-oh household and conglomerate is really an elaborate and decades-long revenge scheme. Jenny is working to secure back her birthright, and while we’ve had these sorts of revenge plots before, something about Secret Boutique sets it apart.

I talk a lot about execution and how it can make or break a drama — things like pacing, editing, and of course, the directing. So far, Secret Boutique is hitting all of these perfectly for the kind of story it’s telling.

In particular, the pacing is nicely balanced thanks to a marriage of a quick-moving plot with quiet moments where we linger with the leads. This keeps the fast-paced and crisply edited story from feeling rushed, and gives it its depth (I love how showing characters in contemplation can accomplish this). It also allows the world of the story to feel well-established, and enables it to capture the sense of all the time that has passed from the start of Jenny’s story (the bus accident) to where she is today, twenty years later.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/secret-boutique-episodes-3-8-series-review/

Since I saw how Aroma Life AD was introduce in episode 8, now Side dish shop founding 'O` Recipe' is sponsoring the production of SBS tree drama 'Secret Boutique'. O'Recife has over 200 stores nationwide, offering a wide range of side dishes, soups and home foods.

The company provides 70% of finished products and 30% of semi-finished products that do not need to be washed or trimmed. In addition, small shops are constructed with trendy and unique cafe-style interiors, and are helping merchants increase sales through aggressive and diverse marketing.

The official said,“The side dishes that are prepared every day at the store using fresh ingredients are not tired of standardized recipes that are finished with long know-how. ”

http://mnb.moneys.mt.co.kr/mnbview.php?no=2019101416328084015&code=&MGSMN&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Usual, I`m not paying attention to every detail, but hope I will notice O`Recipe food in the drama now.

I even saw the name of the restaurant that Sun woo chose for dinner with Jenny and I got curious about the name. I did not see the first letter well. Lazy Cuore? Crazy Cuore?

It`s Lazy Cuore, an Italian restaurant in Seoul. :D The outdoor terrace is so beautiful. It`s like a little garden. I love it.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294197-d13934151-Reviews-Lazy_Cuore-Seoul.html

@larus and @imgreatgal, although Ms Wang knows Jenny is of Wi blood, she had assumed she was an illegitimate child and hence she said her loyalty remains with KYO and WYN, whom she believes to be the legitimate ones. But in that photo, Jenny's mother was wearing the signet ring, which symbolizes the legitimate status of her mother, and hence her as well. I think this might be the reason for her surprise? 

37 minutes ago, chubbz said:

although Ms Wang knows Jenny is of Wi blood, she had assumed she was an illegitimate child and hence she said her loyalty remains with KYO and WYN, whom she believes to be the legitimate ones. But in that photo, Jenny's mother was wearing the signet ring, which symbolizes the legitimate status of her mother, and hence her as well. I think this might be the reason for her surprise? 

Thanks. Now that makes sense. I did not notice the ring also. I know that Ms Wang thinks Jenny is just an illegitimate child of Wi Chang Soo (Jenny`s father- i hope I remember corectly his name) but now that she saw the ring, she might put the pieces of the puzzle together and realise who is really Kim Yeo Ok. 

Jenny/ Do young needs all the help she gets, especially an insider. If the imposter has Butler Hwang wrapped around her finger, Ms Wang could be a good ally of Jenny.

I wonder if Jung Hyeok has noticed the ring or he only realised that Jenny is the daughter of Wi Chang Soo.

Kim Yeo Ok asked Jenny what is her joy in life in ep 8. A tough question. Even if she will defeat the imposter, I can`t say that this is her joy in life. The saddest thing is, she put her life on hold.

tumblr_pzoc5q2d8S1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_pzoc5q2d8S1sdd1ivo2_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_pzoc5q2d8S1sdd1ivo3_1280.png

tumblr_pzoc5q2d8S1sdd1ivo5_1280.png

I am jelous in behalf of Jenny. This woman did not hesitate to destroy a girl and a baby boy`s life, she raised her three children in luxury, lied and manipulated others but she always enjoyed life along the way. She had three children with three different men (one declared that she loved her with all his heart). Yeah, she doesn`t have a good relationship with her children but they will apreciate that she raised them well. She has Mr Hwang wrapped on his finger who does everything for her. 

Jenny had to sweep away her emotions, her pride and worked for the imposter for so many years saving them when they are doing stupid things. She took exams for Ye Nam, working for the company & family and now, after 20 years of being  like a maid, she is not even welcome fully to be part of the family. And she had to give up love and a normal life.

Kim Yeo Ok will go down eventually but she will go down singing "Je ne regrette rien" but Jenny will regret everythig. She lost so many years of her life already. She has Sun Woo`s unconditional love, Jung Hyeok`s 20 years friendship and now Hyun Ji`s relationship. She better keep all close to her heart and no lose it  because "Where There Is No Love There Is Nothing". I hope she won`t be a tragic heroine till the end. I hope the writer knows what we all want.

One more thing... As I already said it, I am glad Sun woo went to Hyun Ji and they made dinner that night, and kept each other company. Those puppy eyes... Jenny, what are you doing with his heart?  Not only Jenny but Sun Woo has to live his life. I hope Kim Yeo Ok will be down quickly. I don`t have patience anymore.

Kim Sun-ah's props in 'Secret Boutique' are not just decorations, but act as symbols that read the character's heart, and stimulate the eyes.

1VPMC85XJF_1.jpg

In this regard, the props used by Jenny Jang (Kim Sun-ah) in the Secret Boutique have also doubled the fun of watching dramas with unusual auras. In this regard, I summarized 'Jennig Jang's mind # 1, 2, 3' through the props.

# Liquor without ice

Jenny Jang and Wi Ye Nam had a drink for only two people, while  Ye Nam drank  iced liquor, while Jenny insisted on a liquor without ice. Afterwards, Jang Jang left a meaningful statement to Yu Ye Nam: "Because ice melts and dilutes. It's not real?" Jenny told her Yeo-nam, who showed her real dad, as she metaphorically expressed that she was a real granddaughter.

# Awakening-4:44 Table Clock

Jenny Jang was not able to have her mother's ring after a bus accident, so she was in danger of losing her life by the strategy of Kim Yeo-ok (Chang Mi-hee), who stole her mother's identity and life. Butler Hwang  (Han Jung-su), who was instructed by Kim Yeo-ok, thrown her in a pile of trash, trapped in a box with her younger brother. But Jenny was fortunate to have saved her life with the help of Ms Wang. The broken table clock, which stopped at 4:44, which is kept cherished by Jenny Jang during this play, contains the time when her mother, who was critically ill due to Kim Yeo-ok's lie, died without treatment. Jenny saw the old table clock and repeated his vows for revenge. Afterwards, however, the present clock, which looks like 4:44 presented by Lee Hyun-ji, resembles himself, unfolded from the previous clock, which had been stopped in a broken manner. He drew attention to the impulse by tacitly revealing Jenny's awakening to escape the sorrow of the past and to spur revenge.

# Will-frame back real family photo

In the last episode 8 endings, Jaenny Jang, who had completely concealed her status as a granddaughter, depicts a shocking ending with her identity being revealed to husband, Wee Jeong-hyuk.

The debate is growing over whether Jang Jang's vengeful vengeance will continue in the critical crisis caught up with his eldest son, Wee Jung-hyuk.

The production team said, “We are grateful for the audience's comments about the immersive drama, and we are very thankful.” Please pay attention to the 'Secret Boutique' . ” (Google translation)

https://m.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1VPMC85XJF#_enliple

Tomorrow we`ll see another episode. YAY! Please, no more baseball games in the time slot of Secret Boutique.

8 hours ago, triplem said:

The bonds that tie SW & Jenny. A SBS special . At the end of this I hope that SW can lead a new life.  This battle he fights for Jenny was never his to begin with. 

Yes, he deserves to live his life well and be happy. This battle is not his personal fight but the fact that it became his personal fight because he wants to support Jenny, demonstrates how close their relationship is. He can`t let his noona alone in her revenge because he worries about her. It is frustrating for him to watch how her decisions sometimes could lead her in danger and he can not do anything to change her mind. Jenny is too consumed by her emotions/ revenge to see the real dangers. If she will be hurt, it doesn`t matter. Only if someone close to her (especially Sun Woo) will be hurt because of this revenge she will wake up. But there is not turning back. They worked so hard for so many years to stop now. I can only pray that they will be fine and that Kim Yeo Ok will be defeated quickly.

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

urggh , I’m not sure if there will be an eps or not . Baseball again . I hate the sport now

Oh noooooooo! Not again! Why they don`t start earlier anyway? I wanted to watch LIVE but I could not find a site who works. My usual site I am watching live doesn`t not work right now.

Thank you for telling us.

The baseball games will interupt this drama every week ?

17 minutes ago, larus said:

Oh noooooooo! Not again! Why they don`t start earlier anyway? I wanted to watch LIVE but I could not find a site who works. My usual site I am watching live doesn`t not work right now.

Thank you for telling us.

The baseball games will interupt this drama every week ?

@ktcjdrama gave me this link . Click the top right hand corner to change language to English 

. Register for an account, can watch free . This is a legal SBS site 

http://play.sbs.co.kr/onair/pc/index.html

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Click the top right hand corner to change language to English 

. Register for an account, can watch free . This is a legal SBS site 

http://play.sbs.co.kr/onair/pc/index.html

I forgot about this link. I had an account on this site a couple years ago but it is not available anymore. I will try again. Thanks for the link.

I am annoyed that this week we have to watch again just one episode.

Secret Boutique ”is coming out.
01.20805478.1.jpg
According to the SBS schedule, episode 9 of the SBS drama `` Secret Boutique '', which was scheduled to air on the 23rd, will be closed. Instead, the '2019 Professional Baseball Korea Series Second Game' will be broadcast.

It was a sad point for viewers who waited 9 episodes for a week because they were absent last Thursday the 17th.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/201910234984H

We are not alone being sad that we can not watch episode 9 on schredule. Yeah, we waited one week and they will broadcast a baseball game again. :angry:

Archived