[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

Finally finished watching episode 4 and that ending still shocks me :ph34r:. This is the best twist ever. But what happens to the loveline now lol:sweat_smile:

Looks like in the preview, JH looks shocked at what happened and Jenny is beside him holding his hand. Their relationship is really strange but in a good way. I think JH feels comfortable with her and she is pretty much the first person to accept him as he is. Guess that's why he doesn't mind what she does and doesn't get into her business. But why do I have a feeling that while SW would be happy to know there is no romance, he will still be mad at JH for not loving her sincerely? 

I don't know how NY thinks threatening her mom with those photos to stay in the country would work. If this news gets out, all of them all screwed. Not to mention, did she left her brain somewhere? Did she forget who's husband she is trying to mess with? Tsk tsk tsk, she never learns her lesson<_<. And what's with the shaman with his ridiculous looks that's talking nonsense? Couldn't they come up with a better plot that this guy reading the imposter with his sixth sense?

So the child Jenny's mother was carrying in her womb was saved in the hospital but died later on. She tried to commit suicide but instead ended up saving SW who somehow ended up in the water as well. To Jenny, SW is someone who will always be there for her and her last family. I hope neither of them dies:tears:.

So the police chief kept the cop mom alive after he finds out she is still breathing and to probably blackmail NY later on. Finally, dude decided enough was enough with NY lol. Next time she sends you to go fetch her phone in the car or she becomes nice out of blue, run for your life dude. And hopefully Mayor's friend/rival who is opposed to the project keeps what he knows to him. He recognized the corrupted cop from the boat when he was throwing the body and that's not a good sign. It's funny how all witnesses are alive lol:lol:. So much for cleaning up their mess.

Finally HJ got smarter. She did such a good job in prison today. Even Jenny was impressed with her. I'm looking forward to their collaboration. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I must say I have a good laugh at all YN’s various failed attempts 

me too lol. I think she has a pea for a brain. She creates mess after mess and have other people clear it up especially that husband of hers. 

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

Finally HJ got smarter. She did such a good job in prison today. Even Jenny was impressed with her. I'm looking forward to their collaboration. 

same here because i was starting to get annoyed with her after that incident with the doctor. I hope to see JJ, SW and HJ as a team. 

i don't quiet know what to say with the latest plot twist. JH a gay? omg i was just looking forward for a romance with the newlyweds. 

i don't quiet know what to say with the latest plot twist. JH a gay? omg i was just looking forward for a romance with the newlyweds. 

I just can’t forget he wanted to go in honey  moon  - to do what :joy:

no surprise now  he didn’t fight his mom over it when she cancelled it . 

I don't know if other viewers noticed but anyway. I understand that this drama is dark. However, do they actually have to go to the extreme by employing dark lighting techniques? What's with that house, which is so dark and gloomy. Another peeve...do the women have to wear those ugly clothes? Was the drama set during the Victorian era? It's so ridiculous.

The actress playing Kim Yeo Ok has the same hairstyle, costumes, style of delivery and acting as she did when she played Jang Baek Hee in Black Knight: The Man Who Guards Me.

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

I don't know if other viewers noticed but anyway. I understand that this drama is dark. However, do they actually have to go to the extreme by employing dark lighting techniques? What's with that house, which is so dark and gloomy. Another peeve...do the women have to wear those ugly clothes? Was the drama set during the Victorian era? It's so ridiculous.

The actress playing Kim Yeo Ok has the same hairstyle, costumes, style of delivery and acting as she did when she played Jang Baek Hee in Black Knight: The Man Who Guards Me.

i thought the same too lol, but i don't think it was set during the Victorian era, if you notice the outfit JJ was wearing at the last scene of ep4. I think JJ puts on a little too much make up and she always wear that red lipstick, its like she wants to hide her emotions or something. oh and Yeo Ok must be a Baek Hee reincarnate lol.

Maybe there is something more to the 3 rooms that JH booked at the hotel. Why 3 rooms when he only use one. 1701 is always empty and never used. 1703 is occupied by that woman with the man. 1705 is where YN found JH with the guy. When everyone saw that scene they jumped to a conclusion that JH is gay while they were not even in a compromising position. Ok so he called the guy darling does that make him gay. :unsure:

Well they wont show them being intimate in a kdrama. Them being in barhrobes in a hotel room is as obvious as they will get.

Who cares who the "rightful heir" is? If the mom decides to give the shares to person xyz she can do so. Getting on her bad side doesnt seem like a good idea. And that would have been the result of the plan either way. And there is still the other sister as well.

I guess they mentioned a foundation so maybe the foundations owns all the shares and makes sure it stays in the family. Which is just speculation and i doubt they will get into any of that. They always like to make it seem like they live in a monarchy in kdramas.

19 hours ago, triplem said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But it seems this happened...

which is good given that this is a female centric drama where the women call all the shots ^_^

I can`t say enough how glad I am to watch this female centric drama. For once, actresses don`t have to be supporting characters for the men`s plot. Just for this reason, I will watch this drama with interest. But I am captivated with the story as well.

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

it’s her real hair I think 

Wig or real hair.... it doesn`t matter. I got use to it.  Maybe I am the only one but I find Jenny`s hair suitable for her. It gives me the vibe of a French hair cut.

4 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

When everyone saw that scene they jumped to a conclusion that JH is gay while they were not even in a compromising position. Ok so he called the guy darling does that make him gay. 

I think it is obvious that he is gay from that scene. It was a sugestive scene. The other man was in a bathrobe. They were confortable together. Jung-Hyeok called him darling. Jung Hyeok always came to the hotel room after different events.

When Jung Hyeok came to see Sun Woo, he told him that he can`t say now but that he will understand what kind of marriage he has with Jenny someday. 

Sun Woo said that he was confused about their relationship and I am too. OK, Jung Hyeok is gay but I also think that he has feelings for Jenny, more than friendship. Maybe he is bisexual.

Even without romantic feelings, Sun Woo, Jenny and Jung Hyeok have an interesting relationship. They care about each other but let see what Jung hyeok will do when it will be obvious that Jenny is against his family.

The Wi family came to the memorial service for Wi Dong-Seob`s son and the only one who deserved to be there was Jenny. He was her real father and she is the only one who has memories of him.

Wi Ye-Nam is useless but she is not the only one who is ambitious. Her younger sister wants that ring for herself too. Maybe we`ll see her scamming soon.

I really like this week episodes because we saw how well Jenny and Hyun Ji worked to thwart Ye Nam`s plan and work in their favor.

I also think that Hyun Ji`s mom is not dead. Oh Tae-Suk did not kill her.

I was surprised to see that Jenny/Do Young`s brother survived the accident. How sad and hard was her life. I had tears in my eyes when teen Do Young was carring little Sun Woo in her back and turn around to see the sea. Do Young saved Sun Woo and Sun Woo saved her that day.

In the preview we saw how girl Do Young saving herself and her newborn brother from the fire. I think Kim Yeo-Ok sent someone to the orphanage to kill them. I makes sense that she would not have relaxed knowing that there is a witness out there who knows she is a fraud.

The weird shaman will bring Kim Yeo-Ok a doubt about the real heiress being alive. It will be a time when she will find out who is the real Jenny Jang. 

I have a question... I think Jenny`s real name is Do Young. Her mother called her like that. But how fake Kim Yeo Ok had a girl named Ye Nam? Somewhere must be a birth certificate saying that Wi`s daughter was Do Young. Confused. Maybe there is an explanation.

Thanks @larus for that insight into JH's character. I understand now why he is conflicted aside from the fact that he has (if YN's suspicion is confirmed) a different father then the other 2 sisters. Which brings me to ask, is JH the eldest of the two? I can't find it in the character description but YN is second and eldest daughter does that mean JH is the eldest son. Wouldn't old man Wi know that his son had an elder daughter not a son? 

So YO must be nervous all this while knowing there is a true Wi bloodline somewhere. Lol YO is like Snow-white"s stepmother, the shaman telling her that Wi's granddaughter is alive and well. 

14 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I just can’t forget he wanted to go in honey  moon  - to do what :joy:

no surprise now  he didn’t fight his mom over it when she cancelled it . 

Enjoy the scenery, eat delicious food, take a walk on the beach and then go back to sleep on separate beds :joy:

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

. Which brings me to ask, is JH the eldest of the two? I can't find it in the character description but YN is second and eldest daughter does that mean JH is the eldest son. Wouldn't old man Wi know that his son had an elder daughter not a son? 

Ye Nam has the same age as Jenny. She replaced Do-Young when imposter Kim Yeo-Ok came to Wi family. Ye-Eun was born after the accident. She took the place of Do Yoon. I think fake Kim Yeo Ok bring her older son Jung-Hyeok as a member of the family. She already lied about her identity. Later she made a narative to fit her family background. Maybe  old Chairman Wi accepted his daughter in law because he was about to lose the last family offspring and nobody told him that there are discrepancies in her story. I am sure fake Kim Yeo Ok had someone to help. I am curious about Hwang (Han Jung Soo`s character) if he knows the whole story. 

Right now, Jung-Hyeok knows that he is not from Wi family, the sisters don`t suspect a thing.

Jung Hyeok is two older than Ye Nam and Jenny, and he is 10/11 years old than Ye Eun. I find out from Asianwiki (younger characters have the age) or from Wikipedia .

Sun Woo is 32 now that means he is 6/7 years younger than Jenny.

6 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

So YO must be nervous all this while knowing there is a true Wi bloodline somewhere. Lol YO is like Snow-white"s stepmother, the shaman telling her that Wi's granddaughter is alive and well. 

Yeah... it is like Snow White`s story. :lol:  Imagine how nervious she will be when she will realise that Jenny is that girl. I can`t wait to see how these women will face each other. It will be a life and death confruntation. There is so much to lose on both parts. 

Jenny Jang has one line of defense — she keeps you protected and you keep her protected! She knows the dark secrets of everyone. She know when to lie in wait for the proper defense. This is what Wi Nam never learned as she destroys every playing field she can actually win but because she’s too emotional she easily breaks down and makes a domino of mistakes. 

Hyun Ji -  she’s very calculated and knows her defense line but we all know, knowing defense is different from understanding defense. 

Sun Woo is not in love with Jenny Jang. He just cares for her so much that she does not want her to die without getting any justice. He’s quietly falling for Hyun Ji :) But Noona JJ will always be his priority.

Hyun Juk cannot distinguish his love and friendship between Jenny Jang as he never understood Jenny but he quietly support her all the way because  he know Jenny knows a lot about him. 

The chairman Kim I still do not her move. But she might win to Jenny but Jenny is too strong inside. 

I am so excited about this drama! Addicting revenge story! How exacting to the person who stole everything from you.

In the end, the three characters before Chairman Kim Will protect Jenny Jang! Exciting! 

Maybe this has been discussed before so sorry if it´s a repeating topic.

I have the feeling that Hyun Ji´s mother may not be dead afterall. In that scene with HJ´s mother and Tae Suk in the boat he looked guilty when he pulled out the wallet and saw the picture of her with HJ. So maybe he was able to save her in time and is hiding her somewhere. They didn´t show us how he got rid of her...so there is that possiblility. 

22 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

I have the feeling that Hyun Ji´s mother may not be dead afterall. In that scene with HJ´s mother and Tae Suk in the boat he looked guilty when he pulled out the wallet and saw the picture of her with HJ. So maybe he was able to save her in time and is hiding her somewhere. They didn´t show us how he got rid of her...so there is that possiblility. 

You are correct. She did not die. When Ye-Nam told Oh Tae-Suk to kill her, we saw that he hesitated. I am glad he did not listen blindly to Ye Nam. I think he wanted a bargaining chip, maybe he knew deep inside not to fully trust Ye Nam.

Later, there was a scene, when he returned to the table and gave her his handkerchief, it was obvious that he has a hidden card. He is a phycho but not dumb.

Plus, there were some pictures of Hyun-Ji`s mom running from some men.

Speaking of Oh Tae Suk....there is someone else who saw him throwing a body in he water that night, on the boat. Ju Ho was his name? He is working close with the mayor. He recognized Oh Tae Suk and mayor Do Joon-Sub told him that he works with the police. I am sure he will talk later about this incident. 

2 minutes ago, larus said:

You are correct. She did not die. When Ye-Nam told Oh Tae-Suk to kill her, we saw that he hesitated. I am glad he did not listen blindly to Ye Nam. I think he wanted a bargaining chip, maybe he knew deep inside not to fully trust Ye Nam.

Later, when he returned to the table and gave her his handkerchief, it was obvious that he has a hidden card. 

He is a phycho but not dumb.

Plus, there were some pictures of Hyun-Ji`s mom running from some men.

Speaking of Oh Tae Suk....there is someone else who saw him throwing a body in he water that night, on the boat. Ju Ho was his name? He is working close with the mayor. He recognized Oh Tae Suk and mayor Do Joon-Sub told him that he works with the police. I am sure he will talk later about this incident. 

I´m curious about his relationship with Ye Nam. It looks to me like they were lovers in the past but maybe her mother didn´t approved of their relationship. Yeah he is not dumb but I was surprised that he would keep that hidden card because previously he said that he would protect her and do everything for her. Was it all talk? what does he really want?

Yes that guy is going to be important later as long as he doesn´t make a mistake and get himself killed.

33 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

I´m curious about his relationship with Ye Nam. It looks to me like they were lovers in the past but maybe her mother didn´t approved of their relationship. Yeah he is not dumb but I was surprised that he would keep that hidden card because previously he said that he would protect her and do everything for her. Was it all talk? what does he really want?

They loved each other in the past but she marry another man (more convenient, chose by her mother, I assume).

He already proved himself that he will do everything for her. He kills to protect her. But he wants to survive as well, so he keeps a hidden card.

I like how Jenny is toying with Ye Nam. At first, Ye Nam told Jenny to chose between Sun Woo and Jung-Hyeok but, in the end, she has to really chose between her husband and Oh Tae Sook. :D Jenny played nice her cards. 

Archived