Quantcast

Hello everyone! hope you're doing well

This is such a nice drama I like the depth that the characters show, but gooooooooooosh that ''''''victim"" is such a sneaky rat gosh!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, thistle said:

This show is so loaded with details from the start that I feel that I'm missing information, and it's very easy to be distracted when there's a lot of action (like there was in ep 1) so I can't really recall precisely why I felt Do was shady from early on.  But I've felt that the whole core group of 4 was questionable in one way or another so it has been hard to tell who was being real and who wasn't.  Maybe it's time to do a re-watch now that I know who all the main players are.

I'm with you. DO is really shady. he really looks and act like the good cop but there is something that makes him to look shifty. There is totally more that he's telling.

everyone in this drama looks they are going in the grey area.

ANd does YG really remember everything that happened that night?

• Like 10

The real one... not Jang Hye Ryung.. but the other police officer who is the real perpetrator since 15 years ago, I wonder if we have been shown of his face in the four episode so far?  

The images of the face of the police officers that have been shown since episode 1 keep flashing into my mind.

Trying to figure out who could it be.. trying to match with the man's figure we were shown in the CCTV KYG keeps rewinding. 

I think rather than as the real mastermind, he might be just a "cleaner"? Or, does he the kind who takes matter into his own hands and make sure to tie things up cleanly? Hmmm..

Except HTJ, I can't seem to figure out what exactly beneath the expressions and actions of each character.

So, far we have been fed with HTJ's past and we know for sure she want to find out and catch the police officer who cut her thumb and killed her husband. 

The past that connected DCG, HTJ, JHR and KYG was still ambigous and we only know bits here and there. And what's with DCG putting the clothes in the washing machine though? Planting evidence?

Sure, everyone else seems shady indeed, except for HTJ (for me). 

DCG, did he relentlessly trying to catch the corrupted police/prosecutor to atone for something he did in the past? Hmmmmm..:ph34r:

I'm still trying to comprehend why is this drama called Watcher. Who is watching who. 

They don't seem to be doing much of the "watching" though, instead often being watched...

So, it it the perpetrator then? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Disappointed at how lackadaisical Team Leader Mr. Do was in ep.04<_<

And then the Team lost 2 of their key witnesses :- Prosecutor Lee & that thug, Mr. Kim. Glad. No super glad they put that greedy wench, Hyo-Jung behind bars. I'm iffy on Mr. Jang..don't know whose side he's on. Wonder what Team Leader Mr. Do's connection is to Officer Kim's father? 

Lawyer Han is resourceful & stylishly cool as always #GirlCrush ;)

Team Leader Mr. Do just loves cutting conversations short doesn't he LoL!?:P

• Like 8

once again, i love the smug look of HTJ when that hyo jung tried to act friendly to her after realising the kidney transplant and inheritance plot failed.. haha so whats with double the amount she paid last time? our witty HTJ cant be bothered B) hahaha need that smug look gif here! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 7/14/2019 at 2:10 PM, Ameera Ali said:

I am liking Jo Soo Yeon personality coming out more in this episode :mrgreen:

I'm totally into whatever they are doing with her character! :mrgreen:

She's not only getting a personality, she's being allowed to be competent and to care.

There's nothing unimportant about her character. She's giving to those 3 leads who are so scheming and distrustful a respite because there is no game with her: she's giving fully and sincerely her best in her cop work and has nothing to hide. 

And because she cements their relationship by bringing a heart to the team with her natural attitude.

I fear to appreciate her too much: supporting/secondary cast who take too much place on screen end being sacrificed so often! :tears:

The ratings are stable: 3.7% for saturday and 4.5% for Sunday. 

I'm waiting for the episode that will earn the drama the 5%.

Though the opening scene of ep 3 alone should have been rewarded by the highest numbers. 

This shot took my breath away!

She was stunning!:w00t:

giphy.gif

Credit: gkstj_wls

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Just finished watching ep 3 and 4.  So who was the masked mn who cut HTJ thumb? Is it JHR or....? The preview for ep 5 said "It wasn't JHR" they're referring top the past?  so who's the real culprit?   I was waiting for the confrontation between HTJ and JHR and they did..  briefly in the hospital. I wonder why she asked  him out of nowhere '' where does our humanity come from?". He replied ' I'm not sure. Is it a feeling of sympathy for other people's pain' He wondered why she suddenly asked the question.. She didn't answer but the look she gave him..as he walk way.. she was trying hold... fear or tears. She must've have recalled something from the past.

JHR has more of the 'aura' than DCG and it matches well with the 'aura' of HTJ.

@titania1000 yeah the slow mo.. I like her choice of fashion. She dresses smart too.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

please don't torture me more (actually i mean the contrary: do it with sexy gifs of my man! :naughty:)    

Finally some lightning on our eye candy police man :mrgreen: , 

A05B4B09-87DB-466F-8431-E149B39A1756.gif

@triplem, @Lawyerh :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Omg. This show!!! Solid characters. Straightforward and SUPER tight storytelling. Pretty much the perfect palate cleanser to everything I’ve been watching so far this year. 

Also got my mother (who has never watched a kdrama in her life but loves all cop shows), to watch episode 1 with me this weekend and she just called asking where she can watch the rest. 

(SJK should wear a cop uniform for his street clothes)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

5FBE6C5C-8B32-482A-B43D-8700C6BE74B9.gif

I think I need definition of their unit , what their roles are :joy: the team seems to be acting more or less as a Homicide Unit now instead of the inspector Unit . 

Why everyone doing the same case :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, jongski said:

She didn't answer but the look she gave him..as he walk way.. she was trying hold... fear or tears. She must've have recalled something from the past.

i think she is losing bits of her cool when prosecutor lee died.. she almost got the info of “who high up there” did the cruel cut thumb deed to her and the rest of the victims.. :mellow: the higher rank man in the prosecutor office.. the one who was in the scheme with prosecutor lee and abandoned him when the plot flopped, he might be one of the people involved..

@titania1000 Kim Hyun Joo unnie is soo pretty!! haha she throws off a natural Ace professional woman aura in all her dramas :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I love our team of investigators. What I like about this crime show is that we get a little satisfaction even when the higher up baddies are not caught.

What happened to Tae joo was very traumatising. She is a really a tough lady if she can compose herself after being threaten with a knife, again, at her home. It is normal to have fear but she overcomes it.  

I hope she get a chance to catch the people behind her attack.

I like what they are doping with Jang Hae-Ryong. We know he is shady but it will be interesting to know more about him. 

When Tae Joo asked him "where does our humanity come from?" it was her way to confront a suspect. She suspects him.  We saw that she was very tense, hiding her nervousness  (her hand has the mark of her brutal attack) but still asked the question. I think Jang Hae Ryong`s answer surprised her. I think he was relaxed, like he really doesn`t know what she is talking about. Maybe she  realized that he is not the man she is looking for. We`ll see. It is good that we don`t know for sure if Jang Hae Ryong is the guity one or not.

If I remember corectly, Kim Kang-Wook also used this line "where does our humanity come from? and he had the same modus operandi, he cut the fingers of his victims. He mentioned that there is a police officer who uses the line and does the same thing to the victims.  Now, when Mr Kim was executed and he lost the big finger also, it sugests that the atacker of Tae Joo is the same man who killed Mr Kim. This man did not kill Young-Koon when he had the opporunity, he spared his life. If it is not Jang Hae Ryong, I wonder who he is.

• Like 7

On 7/14/2019 at 7:12 AM, thistle said:

Oh my goodness, he's a human pincushion! :blink:

Interesting show:  seems like the good guys aren't exactly good, and I'm still trying to figure out who we can trust and who we shouldn't.  

I wanna know what was up with whatever Do tossed into the washer years ago just before he found YG hiding behind the shower curtain.  Was he planting evidence against YG's father?

I think  all those multiple scenes of KYG being hurt physically have a purpose: it seems unnecessary on the outside as if the writer is just careless with him or looking only for spectacular action but episodes 3/4 really helped to build for me as the audience an understanding about the nature of DCK and HTJ relationship with him.

I'm certain that they both care about him and want to protect him. Maybe because they have failed him in the past in a way that hasn't been shown yet but it's still sincere.

The bulletproof jacket that DCK gave him and HTJ's reaction when he was threatened in her office (she woke up from her panic attack  to save him) are solid proofs that the three of them share a bond that goes now beyond their common trauma over the events.

DCK and HTJ met him as child and still see in him the child whom life was destroyed by adults' mistakes and they're drawn to that.

DCK's decision to ask KYG for a glass of water after he got stabbed while he's someone who never tries to be personal, just to accompany him to his flat and then his reaction when he realized that  KYG didn't leave the appartment where his mother was murdered show how much he worries about his mental health.     

I trust all the 3 leads: they are good people but flawed individuals who can probably take some really terrible decisions and end up doing damage that they didn't want.

That's why i fear that DCK might have made a big mistake in the past while trying to do the right thing.

Before putting the "evidence" in the washer, he was on the phone on the street talking to someone that he was blaming for deceiving his trust and hurting people. It seemed like his decision to go to KYG's parents flat was a desperate move to save the situation, whatever it was.

But it revealed to be more complicated than he thought when he found KYG hiding in the bathroom.     

I feel that there's more to it than the fact  he was caught by the child lurking in the appartment when he shouldn't have been here and feared to be caught making up evidences. 

I can't elaborate more with the little clues that we had so far but it's the hunch that i get.   

On 7/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, sadthe1st said:

im watching ep3 right now.. i must say, Ms Jo (chief Do’s assistant) and YG are in the process of idolshipping TJ hahaha they were staring at her in awe.. both of them at how she spoke to Hyo Jung in the Investigation Room and then YG when he saw how shaken she was being confronted in the study room yet still managed to throw out a threat with her taser, and Ms Jo when she saw her telling them to attend to YG wound while she rushed off to settle some stuff lol :lol: and that Lady Police Commissioner.. she trusts TJ so much hahaha i like her snobbish look as she speaks

TJ’s bodyguard is so hilarious.. i wonder what has she done last time to help him.. he was a criminal.. haha but now a v loyal bodyguard following TJ

so the plot is very much TJ trying to find out the mastermind to who killed her husband and tortured her the last time?

I loved this part too:lol:: here more of it!

D_ZIgQfWkAE-a5R.jpg

D_ZIgugXYAEnoRM.jpg

D_ZIhNlWsAUJEb4.jpg

Spoiler

D_ZIhqMXoAAhEXd.jpg

Credit for the screencaps:elconejomorado

I don't feel like the plot is HTJ's story  more than the other three: it's for me about what consequences the tragic events in their past had on their intertwined lives. For her it was the assault and the murder of her husband but it seems to me that it's related to KYG's parents corruption and murder case in which DCK played a major part.

I think It's all linked and the parts are revealed separately before being connected. 

Her trauma takes a lot of place because it was very violent and makes her very focused. Her determination to find the murderer is driving the story (she created the unit only for that) so far,  while DCK seems more ready to let go of the cases he can't solved (he handed over the organ traffic case to JHR quickly), but i expect things to reverse later in the story and that he will become a driving force too. 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:33 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's a fun show that manages to inject moments of levity here and there particularly with the use of HTJ's I don't know what to call him -- sidekick?... part-time chauffeur, part-time bodyguard, part-time whatever she wants him to be. He's apparently one of her rescue projects.

It's a really odd sort of team. Surprisingly low conflict for such a disparate group of individuals. They don't necessarily trust each other or approve of one another but they don't exactly butt heads over methods. They just work together because their goals happen to overlap and they adjust to each other 's actions according to circumstances.

Although it is unusual to have a very laid back male lead in any kind of K drama who isn't a dissolute wastrel, ... it is a breath of fresh air of sorts. DCG is resolute and yet not assertive. He's more the kindly father figure. He's trauma-free, vengeance-free thankfully and just wants to catch bad cops. What a shock!

HTJ is snappy and witty. Definitely quick on her feet. I can see why she's vengeful after what happened to her and her husband. That was seriously nasty stuff and no wonder she wants blood. Who wants to do public service if that's what happens to people who try to do the right thing?

It feels like every K drama that deals in crime has some grief about organ trafficking. Quite the racket especially when it involves cops and prosecutors. 

I like the team... but not especially taken with the cases that seem pretty run-of-the-mill.

I totally agree with you on the addition of the humor: it's been very fun and well done. The drama  could have been all doom and gloom with such a dark plot.

It's not her bodyguard only: DCK's assistant is funny too.:mrgreen:

It's an interesting point that you raised about their dynamic as a team:  i agree too that they work very well together despite their different methods. It's a balanced and harmonious team where everyone brings their skills and help to make the collective work sucessfull. 

I appreciate like you that it's not only their methods but also their personalities that match well. I didn't think about it  this way before but i realize with your comment that they're attracted to each other beyond their past, because of who they are too. It's just that it's not conscious for them yet.   

It makes me hopeful: the only way to dismantle such a strong team would be to create distrust and doubt among them but like i said they already have an attachment and care about each other ( KYG insisted to drop HTJ home and was worried that she could be attacked by the organ traffickers).      

I'm quite sure that they will pass all the trust tests successfully too.

DCK is totally a fatherly figure: distant but thoughtful and wise and HTJ a motherly type: KHJ exhudes a nurturing and protective vibe like a true mama bear!  

I can't say enough my admiration for the way HSK displays his charisma in low key  mode while keeping his acting compelling and immersive.

While KHJ is holding on nothing and like a netizen said seems to even control the atmosphere of the drama.

Both energy are opposite and perfectly complementary.

They're both are honest to the highest degree and both have brilliant minds. A match made in heaven  and the kind of fictional "couple" i need in my life. :love:  

On 7/14/2019 at 2:10 PM, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem & @titania1000 I am liking Jo Soo Yeon personality coming out more in this episode :mrgreen:

The way she  making fun of KYK was priceless :D

Hide contents

Dump there is always, something other than gun to use :joy:

Who can fault her effort to know the team more  :lol: 

Hide contents

I think the team need badges :smirk:

They bicker like siblings!  I loved it! :mrgreen:

Especially the part where they were both sitting  behind because she wouldn't leave him alone after he was hurt but she kept talking about "mom" being fantastic and undermining him. The humor was so dry! 

And DCK trying to concentrate on driving like a true dad but getting annoyed by her babbling while not wanting to scold her because she was the youngest and doesn't get how it's hard for KYG!

I want more of it! It's so precious! :heart: 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

I'm semi-enjoying this show but hope we don't get a case of the week like show with a vague attachment to the main storyline, episodic tv shows are so outdated.

Also wish the young male lead wasn't so useless - I get he's the fighter and a bit rash but he has just come across as incompetent in most aspects so far. Both suspects dying on his watch, especially the first one where he just lets the guy go into the toilets, has no idea if there's windows in there that will allow the suspect to escape. Only to go in however minutes later to find him dead. It was even funnier because he told the other male lead to let him go and to trust him to keep an eye on him only for the suspect to die.

How far behind was he the second guy as well to not see some guy walk up behind on the stairs that are presumably the only way too the roof?

I know they needed the suspects to die for the story but I wish they had done it in a  way that didn't make the characters look dumb. The young male lead is the only actor I recognise in this show so naturally have a bit more affinity towards him so hoping he becomes more competent at some point and he's not just there to beat up and get beat up.

• Like 6

Welcome to the thread :mrgreen: 

Also wish the young male lead wasn't so useless -

a bit rash

incompetent in most aspects 

Let me think what he would say to all this :joy:

89AF0E12-97EA-4263-AB6A-90AC933A9F8F.gif

6927DDBA-D945-4CA7-B258-7DC816C46654.gif

He should learn from his female team mate  :naughty: who successfully  bring a man down  without killing him :joy: 

DFAC97CB-475B-47AB-8D34-2771728FBC92.gif

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

Welcome to @momspaghetti, @ellelyana88 @tinymel @Nam A

Please add more thoughts, no matter if you enjoyed or not the drama: it's largely more insightful and fun when more people post!

Ocn did what seems like  a recap of the important points of the drama and i'm intrigued by the  3rd point which showed a pic of DCK the night he broke in the flat of  KYG's parents and a man who wears a prison uniform. Seems like the same man to who HTJ said in the preview for the next episode to do something for his son. Is he KYG's dad?:o   

On 7/15/2019 at 9:26 PM, jongski said:

yeah the slow mo.. I like her choice of fashion. She dresses smart too.

I adore her fashion style too. :heart: 

She looks fantastic in everything that she wears and it looks effortless, as if she was born to be awesome! B)

On 7/16/2019 at 4:21 AM, sadthe1st said:

Kim Hyun Joo unnie is soo pretty!! haha she throws off a natural Ace professional woman aura in all her dramas :wub:

I need to check her other roles: she did a lot of romcom which is a genre that  i rarely watch but if she carries the same ultra competent vibe, poised grace, natural elegance and sophisticated style to her romantic roles, i'm willing to follow her here. :w00t:

In case, you didn't get me yet: she's my new role model and i want to be her:mrgreen:

We really don't deserve her! :bawling:

giphy.gif

Credit: AMUGAE_14

I fear she's tired of my babbling! :vicx:

giphy.gif

Credit: AMUGAE_14

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Seems like the same man to which HTJ said in the preview for the next episode to do something for his son. Is he KYG's dad?

I think he is Young-Koon`s father. I wonder if the case of his father is done, if there is more to it.

Maybe he knows something about Tae Joo`s attacker.

• Like 6