Quantcast

i've started rewatching and i'm on ep 7. i even went back in the forum and i cannot find answers nor have i gotten exact clues from my rewatch. the show is so visually stunning and it's well acted. i do think that a lot of the writing is decent but the major flaw is how convoluted and unexplained it is. on one hand, they were trying to "trick" the viewer but many of us knew it had to be simpler and it is. 

that being said: 

• why were they investigating jang? why did jang disappear?
  • what happened between jang and kjm? why did kjm's wife have to die?

so far the answer that i have gotten out of what i know and my rewatch (and you have to basically pay CLOSE attention to every scene and this is where subs are so imperative because sometimes they speak in mazes oh my god!) jang was...being investigated for corruption by kjm? and kjm had his own corruption accusations? but over what, drugs? like if i go off of being on ep 7, jang is confirmed dead and YG gets really mad at his dad and runs back to their apartment to yell at him that he knew jang. like wtf no duh? isnt that the point?!?!?! why was he so mad at that time? omg

then there's that phone call they both missed (i mean idk how this happened but it's clear that everyone is competent but the writers just forget things. i don't really get how they couldn't figure out the assassin is more than one person with so many different  body types.) turtle--he kills on order, correct? so what the hell does that have to do with escalating violence with the bodies, no two people are the same lmao

what are all the different gangs....is there one leader? like??? i think ill get more answer about the ganggs as i rewatch but everything is still so vague.

i guess dck planted evidence because he didn't think kjm would be punished. fair enough, this i understand, but how did this all unravel in the first place. im sure i have more questions that are pretty pressing but what is the end goal? like alright the basis is drugs, money laundering, gangs, killing "criminals" to save oneself basically but it's so fragmented. there's alos conversations i just straight up cannot decipher. when yg goes to pick up his dad after he gets out of jail (did he get on parole because he "admitted"? whatever i dont want to even think further) he asks, "were you really investigating corrupt cops?" and kjm says (after looking at DCP in the car) "no, it was all a lie"

from what we know this conversation makes little sense. ill explain: he's in jail for murdering his mom, he was being investigated for corruption, he "was investigating" jang which somehow came to bite him in the richard simmons. was YG asking his dad this because of the ledger? or what is the broader question? then at the end of this ep (this is ep 7) he finds out about jang being the victim (with thumb intact since they only thumb cut not murder for cops) and RUNS home to yell at his dad??!? 

i have quite a bit of criticism but all that aside i think the reason i, personally, keep coming back is because it's stunning and well portrayed. there's very many frustrating bits and pacing that i just simply do not agree with but while i struggle with the logistics of it all i never once misunderstood people's feelings. they're all pretty expressive and emotional characters they just display it in different ways. i think that's what makes it so watchable. 

i'm really sad designated survivor ended so i'm taking forever to finish it and i'm gonna be upset this one ends too but i will eagerly await to finish the end. kim hyun joo wow what a beauty!!!!!!!!! i honestly can't wait for the end because i think this show is MUCH better as a binge-watch. which is why rewatching it is so satisfying.

this is def a show where i am going to be conflicted about what i think of it. it's so flawed and yet i want to knooooow

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, disembody said:

i've started rewatching and i'm on ep 7. i even went back in the forum and i cannot find answers nor have i gotten exact clues from my rewatch. the show is so visually stunning and it's well acted. i do think that a lot of the writing is decent but the major flaw is how convoluted and unexplained it is. on one hand, they were trying to "trick" the viewer but many of us knew it had to be simpler and it is. 

Several pages back I mentioned that I had a similar problem with this show. I like the way it's shot and it's undoubtedly well acted but as a police procedural it feels unnecessarily convoluted. Or convoluted in a way that feels like gimmickry. My own suspicion is that the cases of the week don't always mesh as well with the overall arc compared to other OCN procedurals that I've enjoyed. Or at the very least in the attempt to postpone the identity of mum's killer, the show became "I Don't Remember You".

And I agree, on hindsight, it is probably best marathoned. The names of all the characters... dead, alive, thumbless and re-thumbed are hard to keep up with. For instance, how many Parks have there been? First there was the corrupt prosecutor who got the chop early on. Then there's the ex-detective turned corporate fixer who's in detention, then of course Turtle 3. 

On top of that The Three Turtles kept the hand surgeon in business. Maybe Turtle was getting financial kickbacks from the hospital on top of all the nasty stuff he was doing. Who knows... At this point, I imagine anything's possible.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I can’t wait for last week :kiss_wink:

I want new episodes every week until forever! :mrgreen:

I'm as greedy as HTJ!

I had a messed up week and still haven't catch up fully on ep 14 but what i read from the thread really motivated me to post more!

I'll come back with more thought on Friday! 

Thanks to @Lawyerh who shared those vids and pics in SKJ's thread!

This one is my favourite: scroll for more vids of our hottest ajhussi HSK in a magnificent white t-shirt!

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3

Han Suk Kyu, Seo Kang Joon, And Kim Hyun Joo Share What To Watch For In Final Episodes Of “Watcher”

8d621e3e8be641d1bdd38a9c0ad716a4.jpeg?s=

https://www.soompi.com/article/1347738wpp/han-suk-kyu-seo-kang-joon-and-kim-hyun-joo-share-what-to-watch-for-in-final-episodes-of-watcher

With “Watcher” spiraling towards the conclusion, the lead actors have picked key points to watch for in the final episodes.

“Watcher” follows Do Chi Kwang (Han Suk Kyu), Kim Young Goon (Seo Kang Joon), and Han Tae Joo (Kim Hyun Joo) chasing after a mysterious incident. The three of them have a tragic past incident that ties them together, and they team up together to root out corruption in the police force.

Han Suk Kyu shared, “As I have done my best to complete ‘Watcher,’ which is centered on people rather than cases, I know that many viewers have supported me and encouraged me. Please don’t miss out on what kind of choice Do Chi Kwang will make after facing the truth that he has been following, as well as the end of the anti-corruption team.”

Seo Kang Joon also relayed his thoughts on the ending of the drama, saying, “I sincerely thank all the viewers who have loved and supported ‘Watcher’ all this time. I want to thank the director, writer, cast, and crew for their hard work as I lived as Kim Young Goon. It was a drama with many secrets and stories, so I was curious and excited about how it would look like to viewers. I was so happy that many people loved me. I’ve been happy as Kim Young Goon, and I hope you’ll be happy with Kim Young Goon until the end.” Then he added, “Please watch ‘Watcher’ to find out what Kim Young Goon chooses at the end when all the tangles clues finally come to light.”

Kim Hyun Joo heightened anticipation furthermore with her closing remarks. She commented, “Through this work, I was able to reflect on myself while thinking about human diversity and the many faces of people. I will try to be a better person and actress with the hearts of the viewers who supported and loved me. The past and truths of the anti-corruption team were exposed to the surface. Please watch to see what the three people who’ve been following the truth are going to choose, whether the three people who’ve been constantly suspicious of each other can be a real team, and the fate of the anti-corruption team.”

Episode 15 of “Watcher” will air on August 24 at 10:20 p.m. KST.

Still cuts from ep 15!

2019082501001947200135581.jpg

Does anyone know where this pic come from?:o

So DCK and KJM met that night where KYG's mother died?

Why did they act like they didn't when they had their confrontation in the team office?

ECppKP5WsAEhIft?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6
  • Love 5

And the official stills for ep 15!

69383641_2424522157596209_46010605871646

68920728_2424522250929533_38505889599858

69717662_2424522217596203_60726748198228

Spoiler

68907807_2424522190929539_97179842588232

Spoiler

69483087_2424522357596189_69222722005442

Spoiler

Spoiler

68725152_2424522370929521_21211736575972

Spoiler

69660215_2424522397596185_72250213958124

Spoiler

68751881_2424522510929507_54003822833099

Spoiler

68647211_2424522497596175_63645188783781

Spoiler

69028898_2424522580929500_72213345443459

• Like 5
  • Love 5

@sheelatpsfm I think it's because they already have ended the filming, Watcher being preproduced. 

Usually the actors and crew  are still  on set and available to gather for the last day. If they already have moved on other projects, it might  have been more complicated to find a date that is convenient for everyone.   

• Like 2
  • Love 8

5d610e1bc2fe3886489326.gif?download

DCG Let’s have a coffee 

young KYK : oh I remember I need to catch on work . 

5d610db3b9f2f261885129.gif?download

Spoiler

5d610f0e4ac97785803427.gif?download

5d610e85eb1b2642811445.gif?download

poor thing :mrgreen:

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

poor thing :mrgreen:

She's so cute! :wub:

They always try to keep her out of action but she can't stop to worry about everyone especially KYG (but she's right: the poor guy escapes death at least one time per week!).

• Like 5
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, titania1000 said:

@sheelatpsfm I think it's because they already have ended the filming, Watcher being preproduced. 

Usually the actors and crew  are still  on set and available to gather for the last day. If they already have moved on other projects, it might  have been more complicated to find a date that is convenient for everyone.   

I also thought the same thing that they would have finished the filming earlier and decided to have the wrap up party cos its not easy to accommodate everyone to be there at the same timing to have their wrap up party. 

Like what happened to Choi Jin Hyuk in Last Empress when they decided to add two extra episodes and he could not be there to do so as he already had to go for his fan meeting which was planned earlier. A lot of fans was upset that they ended his character like that as he had to leave the drama when the production decided to add more episodes. 

Well, at least watcher didn't have that problem and had ample time to complete the drama. Actually its good to complete the production of a drama earlier as I believe the actors can have some time to rest before they move onto their next project. Not forgetting the staffs too as they would have worked hard day and night together. 

Actually its not surprising as Ahn Gil-ho is the director and he directed Stranger and Memories of Alhambra which both dramas ended very well. 

20 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

She's so cute! :wub:

They always try to keep her out of action and she can't stop to worry about KYG (but she's right: the poor guy escapes death at least one time per week!).

Ya true.. He always running here and there... I hope he don't shoot Detective Jang and Detective Do stop him from doing so. 

Now i remember the word, Young Hoon acts reckless sometimes as after loosing his father and truth his father not the one shoot his mom, and trying to find out the truth and now realizing that he forgotten that he did saw the face of the man who killed his mom. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I can`t believe we`ll have just two more episodes to watch.

• Love 7
  • Awesome 2

A slow paced episode but a lot of revelations.

• It’s started with a long flashback: the murder  of KYG’s mother
  • KJM is in KYG’s room  and woke him by accident by stroking his cheek. He tells KYG to sleep again but his wife joins him: they have a tense conversation. She tried to convince him to give up something he wants to do but he doesn’t listen to her. KYG hears them (we have already seen this scene)
  • KJM hide a gun in the bathroom and told her to not open to anyone and leaves.
  • KYG still awake, goes to the bathroom.
  • Someone knocks at the door: It’s JHR. KYG’s mother refuses to open but he knows the code and barges into the house. He’s looking for KJM and refuses to believe he’s out. While he’s looking in the bedroom, KYG’s mother takes a knife to protect herself.
  • They continue to argue. JHR tries to take the knife from her. They fight and she’s accidentally stabbed.   
  • KYG hears them and opens the door: he sees JHR looking at his mother with the knife in his hand and doing nothing to help her. He runs into the bathroom and closes the door.
  • JHR checks on KYG’s mother : she’s dead. He goes into the bathroom where KYG is hiding and warns him to not say anything if he doesn’t want to end like his mother.
  • On his way out, he leaves his jacket and takes the knife. That’s when the telephone rings, it’s DCK who think he’s talking to KJM. JHR doesn’t answer  to him, hangs up and quits the house. Few minutes after, DCK enters.
  • Back to the present day, KYG in JHR’S house.  JHR and KYG have an argument. JHR pleads his case but KYG refuses to accept his explanation.  He leaves greeting JHR’s wife on his way out. She heared her husband shouting and is now suspicious.
  • KYG fights in the street with JHR’s team. Back to JHR’s apartment, DCK enters: JHR is faking an attack and is waiting for KYG, completely disheveled. DCK is angry during their discussion  but KYG interrupts them brutally. DCK convinces KYG to not shot JHR. Instead KYG beats him in the head and DCK throws his handcuffs at him.
  • Back to the team office, JSY is leading the interrogation but JHR knows that there are no evidences against him, so he’s not worried. DCK and KYG takes JSY’s place..
  • In the main room, they have a meeting with HTJ: she takes GYK at home at the request of DCK. They have a small intimate moment in his house because she brings foods and drinks to share.  After finishing her work with DCK, JSY joins them.
  • After they left, KYG realized that JSY forgot her phone: someone rings at the door but it’s JHR. He enters forcefully tries to apologize but KYG hide a knife in his hand during all their convo. JSY rIngs at the door and JHR opens, leaving her shocked and worried about KYG. She rushes inside: KYG is tense and sad.
  • DCK brings back DC Park to the interrogation room but someone spies on them and runs away after leaving the same tool  used by Turtrle to cut fingers, full of someone's blood. DCK tries to chase the person in the corridor but can’t see who it is. At her office, HTJ finds a thumb on her desk. She informs DCK later at the team office.
  • DCK goes back to DC Park’s office and searches the room when DC Park enters. KYG receives a letter about a safe that his father left for him. He goes with HTJ to the bank to collect it.
  • DCK wonders why KJM’s files in the ledger was empty. He manages to push DC Park to confess: he killed Detective Jang 15 years ago.
  • There’s a long flashback: KJM seems worried about something  despite the good atmosphere in the team: the famous pic of the 5 guys is taken in the front of the police station by the medias after they resolved a big case.
  •  DCK is suspicious of KJM and follows him while he searches Officer Jang’s car. He finds his gun and hides it. DCK gets in the car and they have an argument.
  •  Officer Jang meets DC Park in the street and after an argument DC Park kills him with a brick.
  • Back to present days, KYG finds a recorder in the safe:  a last message left by his father with a  complete version  of the ledger.

Official clips!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The preview for ep 16: the last one :bawling:

Thanks @larus for the  amazing pics of HTJ and her popular action man and nerdy sidekick! The guy is a human Swiss army knife: he can do anything! 

They look like rock stars and it fits them perfectly!  B)

I'm not cool enough to sit with them!:lol: 

8 hours ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Actually its not surprising as Ahn Gil-ho is the director and he directed Stranger and Memories of Alhambra which both dramas ended very well. 

He's becoming surely one of my favourite director on TV: i adored his work on Stranger B)

I haven't watched Memories of Alhambra but it got raving reviews even from international fans that don't watch usually k-drama (it was on Netflix). I wasn't convinced by the cast but i might try it just for him.

Some pretty gifs to soften the frustration during the wait for the subs!

Beautiful HTJ :wub:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Credit: lovelf_khj

DCK like a boss B)

giphy.gif

Credit:ahjeosi

The best team! :w00t:

giphy.gif

Credit: taeng_1109

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

I was going through mellowcatskj's behind the scene videos and i can't seem to find episodes 3 & 4.  Is there a link to this one?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow. A lot of things happening in ep15 and some questions has been answered. 

Confirmed Detective Jang killed YG mom. Actually it was an accident as they were fighting with the knife. But he covered the incident and made because YG forgotten of his trauma, he didn't get convicted instead of YG dad cos Detective Do falsified the evidence. Its because he thought YG dad killed Officer Jang.

it was YG dad who started Jang society and it looks like Assistant Commisioner took over and make it like his own. He was the one who killed Officer Jang. 

I felt sad for YG after he heard his father confession on the tape. And the best big bang was the original file was kept in the safe deposit. How YG going to do with it we will see in ep16. aka finale 

• Like 12