Quantcast

2 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Precious babies who deserve all the love! 

Wonder if we can get English subs on this. They seemed to have so much fun, really want to understand what they are talking about. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I have to say that beating up the criminal until he has to be hospitalized was not right which pushed the criminal to get revenge. That's why the house of officers were robbed. JHR blamed KMJ for the incident with his daughter but in reality, he was as much responsible as all the others in this violent incident. All this proves that police are not allowed to use extreme violence (the end justifies the means) because the result will be that the criminals will do the same as well. A vicious circle with no end. The boundaries between good and bad are no longer visible.

JHR might have justified this in the name of justice, yet he turned his officers (turtles) into violent machines. They let them become drug addicts. They became even worse than the criminals that they were chasing. HTJ's marriage and KYG's family were destroyed. Deputy commissioner Park even risked the life of many people and he didn't feel any remorse. 

As for Yeom, I am now wondering if her real purpose was not to get rid of the Jang society, while she is in reality a corrupted cop, although she doesn't appear in the ledger. Notice that she allows now DCK to destroy the Jang society. The latter needed the ledger in order to purge the prosecution and the police office.  

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 6

Although no one seems to have addressed this yet, I will.  I was very disturbed by the manner in which YG approached Jang's daughters.

He may not mean to harm them at all but in fact they are being harmed because he is using them to get to their father.  They are being harmed because he is showing them that the police cannot be trusted.  They are being harmed because he is using his good looks and his deceptive actions to get what he wants without considering what his actions will mean long term. 

He menaced both of those girls.  The older one seemed to have a little awareness of it (when she spoke about how his eyes looked odd) but the younger one hasn't realized it yet.  When each of them becomes aware, that's when the deep damage happens--that's when they stop trusting any policeman, any man in power, any man who might be handsome, any man who tries to gain their trust, any man who asks them for information.

Jang is responsible for the wrong that he has done, and he will have to pay for it.  His daughters will inevitably suffer as a result because they will never be able to walk away from being labeled as the daughters of a criminal, of a murderer.  While that is certainly a social injustice to them, that appears to be the way these things work in Korea because the extended family is held morally responsible for the actions of other family members.

YG knows exactly what it feels like to be judged in this way.  YG knows exactly what it feels like to be a witness to a crime.  YG knows what it takes to overcome distrust and try to forge a life of his own despite this.

No matter how enraged he is, there is NO excuse for him to involve Jang's daughters.  If anyone is aware of this, it should be YG.   

I was thoroughly put off by his behavior in episode 14.   Contrast his behavior here with the way he treated the little girl who believed that "he was a policeman who could be trusted" in episode 1.  He has changed completely.  And he is no longer worthy of either trust or respect.

Somebody needs to rescue YG and help him get his actions under control.

Am I angry at him?  Yes.  Very.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

@thistle I am sad you angry with him :dissapointed_relieved:

5d5ae2944bd53804660237.gif?download

5d5ae0b7b9492351810320.gif?download

He can come to me & read for me , I don’t need to trust any police man :mrgreen: he will not be leaving anytime soon if he come  :tounge_xd:

5d5ae0753843f715835380.gif?download

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

6 hours ago, thistle said:

I was thoroughly put off by his behavior in episode 14.   Contrast his behavior here with the way he treated the little girl who believed that "he was a policeman who could be trusted" in episode 1.  He has changed completely.  And he is no longer worthy of either trust or respect.

This is the highlight of his character development. The writer uses this to emphasize how dangerous he’s in right now, he’s on the verge of losing his humanity. I still insist to believe in him, that he’ll snap out of this. I also think DCK and HTJ will do whatever they can to prevent him lose himself. 

No matter what, he might have done some damages to the girls already.  :anguished:  At the end, it would be their father JHR who hurt them the most. The elder daughter has already sensed something is off; she’s the ultimate victim. I think she would feel so troubled and may even think it’s her fault (which is so not true) causing her dad to become a killing machine. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

19 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@thistle I am sad you angry with him :dissapointed_relieved:

I am so disappointed that he would do this.

By the way, I Love the Black Books gif!  :lol:  That was such a funny show.

19 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

The writer uses this to emphasize how dangerous he’s in right now, he’s on the verge of losing his humanity.

Yes but I cannot excuse this.  YG knows clearly what these girls will suffer but he selfishly uses their innocence anyway.  He has learned nothing.  Now all he is just another tiresome evil cop when he had the potential to be so much more, when he had the opportunity to use his own pain to be more understanding of a child at risk.   

If the writer wanted to do character development, she should have shown how strong he could be in the face of temptation.  Instead, the writer made YG weak and abased and cruel.

19 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

No matter what, he might have done some damages to the girls already.  :anguished:  At the end, it would be their father JHR who hurt them the most. The elder daughter has already sensed something is off; she’s the ultimate victim. I think she would feel so troubled and may even think it’s her fault (which is so not true) causing his dad to become a killing machine. 

Very true.  This is precisely why I think that YG's actions are excessively inexcusable.  Surely he blames himself for his dad going to prison for his mom's murder, so he should know right away what it will mean to the eldest daughter when her father's evil is exposed.

I thought that the eldest daughter was particularly pathetic because of how pleased she was that her dad might actually have talked nice about her and shown her picture.  She is very, very vulnerable because she is already hurt.  And her younger sister is also deeply vulnerable because she's still just a baby.....but there is nasty YG sitting there reading Red Riding Hood to her in a rather threatening way.

YG's actions made me feel sick.  They cannot be justified, even from the standpoint of character development.  He's supposed to be the male lead here, the hero.  While heroes sometimes fall from grace, this is a deliberate leap off a cliff.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5d5b315fc7483752825907.gif?download

what , very muscular people , give me break he so muscular :mrgreen: , for you information there a woman too in the team :yum: 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

i have to rewatch the last 5 eps bc im so confused at this point. but wow kim hyun joo is doing beautifully. i cried for them in ep 14 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Personally as a fan of dark and ruthless characters I'm all for this development

Honestly don't think they showed enough after his dads death in terms of impact on his character but I feel like the last episode finally showed that. The fact that he wasn't already more unhinged after everything he has been through was odd in itself

As in - the guy willingly lives in a house he saw his mom get murdered in and presumably showers in the bathtub his dad got killed in

He's not near the level of someone like Lee Byung-hun's character in I Saw the Devil and I still felt sympathy there a bit

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

what , very muscular people , give me break he so muscular :mrgreen: , for you information there a woman too in the team :yum: 

:lol: let me check the Chinese subs when I get home, because I don't remember it being translated as muscular. I think it's more like rough or rowdy? 

• LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

HSK once said the script of drama is very realistic but also truthful to the genre and it was the thing that first got him interested in the project, which I agree completely at this stage. It's particularly true when it comes to the characters' psychology.

The boy has lost it, he wasn't in his right mind. There was no reasoning to him at that moment, all he wanted was taking revenge on the person who ruined his life. In that context, he would want JHR's daughters to go through the same experience as he did.  We think he needs to show empathy because he's also a victim but no, he is taking it in a rather wrong way. And it's so realistic. I know his action is disturbing but I would have been disappointed if he was written as a selfless, pure hearted character after all he has gone through.

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Honestly don't think they showed enough after his dads death in terms of impact on his character but I feel like the last episode finally showed that. The fact that he wasn't already more unhinged after everything he has been through was odd in itself

And yes, I agree that this a major character development. If you recall the conversation bet him and HTJ's husband about which type of person the latter is, I believe they both suppress their feelings for a long time, and they are very alike. YG even suppressed his memory about that night and when he found out it's JHR, all hell broke loose. So, I personally don't think he's changing, he just finally expresses himself but in a very negative manner, sadly. DCG knows this so well, this is why he kept the truth from him.

After watching e14, I can't help thinking the women in JHR's life are so innocent, happy and clueless while their father/husband has been doing all sort of evil things. I can finally make some sense out of all those sweet scenes between JHR and his little daughter from the beginning of the series. Of course it's not their fault that he turned out that way but nothing is without a price.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

:lol: let me check the Chinese subs when I get home, because I don't remember it being translated as muscular. I think it's more like rough or rowdy? 

So I checked... and it does translate to rough and coarse man... instead of muscular.

And the description by JHR's daughter about YG's eyes are "magical/mysterious" instead of "odd" @thistle I personally think he didn't menace those girls. Being a police, he has to do some questioning to get information and clues related to the investigation he is doing, albeit a very personal one. So I see whatever he did as just that. Getting information.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope Detective Do will save YG from killing Detective Jang. 

Now we know Detective Jang is the one who killed YG mom but why. Is it because to stop YG dad? Detective Jang started to kill because of his daughter, which I'm sure it is based on what information given by his daughter to YG. 

YG is in the revenge mode. Lawyer Han did express her worries that she dont' want YG to become like her. She was in her revenge mode until she realizes that she hurt many people around her for her revenge. 

I dont' know what ep15 is going to be like but I hope YG anger will subside. 

• Like 7

I'm with @ktcjdrama. It never crossed my mind that YG was menacing the daughters. What I saw was a young man who was on the verge of exploding but barely managing to keep a tight lid on his emotions after discovering the truth. Obviously hanging around JHR's place might seem that he was making a veiled threat and sending a message but I never for a single moment thought he would hurt the wee lass.

While I understand why @thistle might be upset about YG's recent actions, I saw it as the vicious cycle of violence coming full circle. JHR's sins had come home to roost. Literally. He started it all. For me the scene in the daughter's bedroom was filled with so much irony. JHR had started all of this to protect family and now the day of reckoning is at his doorstep. His secret has been laid bare to the lad whose parents were killed in the sanctity of their own home in front of their son by JHR. I don't know what JHR was thinking at the time when he caused a boy to witness his mother's murder but I imagine that he did not think things would come back bite him this way.

Anyway we've seen YG go ballistic more than once regarding the culprit to his parents' murders. This isn't an especially new development. He did threaten DCG in TJ's office which turned into an all out biffo and he almost killed Turtle Park after he attacked TJ. DCG clearly knew that this was going to happen so he kept mum. He chose to punish JHR his way getting him to "run errands" for him.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

19 hours ago, my0t1 said:

Wonder if we can get English subs on this. They seemed to have so much fun, really want to understand what they are talking about. 

I hope so! ^_^

@mellowcatskj has translated and shared all the BTS so far but i don't know if this vid can be considered as BTS:unsure:.

Raw BTS for ep 14-15!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

It was Jang Hae-Ryong after all. The writer did a good job because we all suspected him and then look for others and now we are on square one again. :lol: But now we know why Jang Hae Ryong because the thumb killer.

I knew that Jang hae ryong is the one who killed Young Goon`s mother the moment Do Chi-Gwang asked him to help catch the bad guys. The look on his face said it all. I knew that Park Jin Woo told Chi Gwang his name. It was good that the writer made a second character find out about Jang Hae Ryoung in another circumstances and that was Young Goon. That brought maximum tension to the story.

I agree that Young Goon is on a verge on doing something bad. I don`t think he will harm Jang`s daughter at all but he doesn`t think properly right now, his emotions of anger are overwelming. Just like Jang Hae Ryoung might have felt long time ago. He wants his mother killer to suffer.  It is good that Do Chi-Gwang or Han Tae Joo will come to the scene and help Young Goon cooling his head a little to think rationally for a moment. Killing Jang is not a solution.

Do Chi-Gwang is one scary guy. I "enjoyed" watching him torturing Park Jin-Woo but in the same time I was scared that he will cross the line for ever. I was relieved when I saw paramedics taking Park Jin Woo and I laughed when Chi Gwang wished him to get better. What a cynical man. :lol: 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

she may not save her husband thumb but this is a heroic act  :yum: she didn’t leave her best friend behind 

I thought she had a secret room or something. Hiding under the desk is the only option for unprepared people like us. :D

What I liked about that scene, is that she turned the phone sound off. In many movies, the phone rings exactly when the bad guy is aproaching the victim. :o

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 2

Netizens showing their love for the cast and crew with a lot of gifts! So nice!:heart:

I hope our cast will enjoy it! 

xKTh0-pMJ_jNuRpkhcSwk_CuoXmCm55fOV9nHsQLaPkwh-gbf2bwmBVJ5kfkgbGHHhtA1uM28NB61kRPtaYdJ1RG1JK5eXVyF_G-UnNtwMLZNS0ItAkSty3LJGBL67g0_HghxedsrxK2FoDSCk6VJ5v05FFXz_zbHilGGw2Q3jbTW7P01y3PPAI2dQt_epZaqtz7U8F755ekafVWiwz_CsFQw2n03zsI0mDsfoJbVpr6dCeR7MKyiqF1RkcN0SswFt6uFh03-gWfST-E5-dhVUJTj3UXXHtR6KXGYV8I_DGH94Tt5yoIMpidIV4Wg8Gp2_1cRJsHfQajURu5dsA9CNSlBD-VEqDGC85p3OkXT6uc0NT8wAjHi9RsGeRNR-8Ye3DLdY4CKTM-20GogfBBh74nMUZTFFl-sJibFilelHQOWsLZqTM0kckrrKNh9MGa7vpFaeeZnMgarYUuaYy8FWRCD8jQGBcmIZfgONXO9tIDWt2QRGJmdmAkqMaNejxHPfNS_8JEt8lHd0AA68HqKfuLztQxPjjN4GFCnOXUNIaOa9FWoL6Dj3dN6U4emQMckQ5O95wTcEY7Np2GqWWVbpi5HRlKoJ1c_sIR9SZnyjwoBvoi57G7qnAqPAit_M2KYmCA_bF6V15DQgNt4m6AM3aHCctrzbY=s858-no

N9IdPcN8tokh9BCgfYbOxbcQcUl0nLVFHt_DvcCk

More yummi pics :yum:

Spoiler

GDn0TgN5EGi7w3NinlbTjOCq-87OEXtF8ij3CzjG

Spoiler

L0biZCs22K91cwO2p5T7mVpVDSl8yLeNcbu0FHky

Spoiler

OmEw-CYnyjlKv5g8SkHi-QnRXnM_s4TwIxMeIU3g

Spoiler

jJA9VaI_FVlyet4SkCwYvbCUGd_kKUyRfePRlNWo

Spoiler

jSBu-xFUWR7-Z6bY0uSG1bnQdI_rV3ZVof9vnEyS