Quantcast

When Tae Joo's ex called Tae Joo, I was holding my breath that Tae Joo's phone would ring.  Being Tae Joo, she'd already silenced her phone but her ex knows her too well and she still got caught. 

This is one scary scene! :scream:

[EDIT] Thanks Jillia for the friendly warning ;-)

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

in Kdrama they like to slid in a white car :mrgreen:

15660644601566064398.gif

I think this will top my best slide 

388u0j.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 4

@Ameera Ali I don't have hope for a happy ending: i think it will be at the very least a mixed bag. 

I fear that the probability that KYG ends with a scar is real after the writer proved over and over that he only sees him as a tragic hero who never wins totally. 

I fear too that we will lose someone from the good guys: i first resigned to let go of Jae Sik though he has a son but  based on the increased screen presence that JSY is getting now and how close she became from KYG (even their clothes are matching a lot lately, as if the two characters are blending into each other), the odds seem more and more against her lately. :(

giphy.gif

https:10v_v12

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, triplem said:

DCK torturing Park seems a little scary...but I will stick to my guns that DCK is not the mastermind or part of Jang Society

I know DCK is trying to get information out of him to save Young Geun and Tae Joo, but the way he just left him to die like this and the way he stares at himself in front of the mirror makes him all the more sinister.  I can't seem to be able to get over this scene yet. 

Waiting for the subs ....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • Sad 6

Haven’t done any back reading. LO and I are at the rugby. V inebriated. But we want to send our love to everyone. Will watch tomorrow and share. Love all. Xxxxxx:wub::sweatingbullets::oB)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, tinymel said:

LO and I are at the rugby. V inebriated.

:lol:  Best comment ever!  Enjoy the inebriation.  And, oh yeah, the rugby.

Since we've mentioned rugby,

Spoiler

I'm gonna be naughty and go Off Topic again (sorry not sorry) here is the image song for the 2019 Rugby World Japan Tournament (me, huge fan of Arashi for more than ten years):

38 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I fear too that we will lose someone from the good guys: i resigned to let go of Jae Sik

Jae Sik must be safe!  Everyone, prepare to defend Jae Sik! :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

based on the increased screen presence that JSY is getting now and how close she became from KYG (even their clothes are matching a lot lately, as if the two characters are blending into each other), the odds seem more and more against her. :(

On a more serious note, I have been thinking that she is vulnerable and could be scape-goated.   But I think that it's more likely that we might lose DCK, especially as we see more of his bad side.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

I know DCK is trying to get information out of him to save Young Geun and Tae Joo, but the way he just left him to die like this and the way he stares at himself in front of the mirror makes him all the more sinister.  I can't seem to be able to get over this scene yet.

Judging from the way DCG just left DC Park to die, I feel like Park has revealed something that make DCG thinks he's unforgivable. I'm so curious what that is.

The last look DCG gave him screaming "you're pathetically despicable" to me. lol

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, Anh said:

Judging from the way DCG just left DC Park to die, I feel like Park has revealed something that make DCG thinks he's unforgivable. I'm so curious what that is.

The last look DCG gave him screaming "you're pathetically despicable" to me. lol

I agree with you and am very curious what he'd whispered.  However, the way DCK looking at the mirror fixing his hair is very creepy.  May be he needs to calm himself down before proceeding his next move? 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

May be he needs to calm himself down before proceeding his next move? 

Yeah. I have the same thought. Something like suiting up before going to battlefield. Hahaha. And it's pretty clear that he was rocking his chair from side to side contemplating the next move. 

I'm pretty sure that Han Suk Kyu came up with the idea of fixing his hair because I've seen him do that many times in other works. It's his thing. Each time with different meanings and expressions but this one is particularly creepy as you said. Can't help but admiring him. One simple act can deliver what words can't.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2

@titania1000 he turning to teacher with these two :joy: , never mind one of the student cheating the answers from our bodyguard :mrgreen: 

5d586eaf88996847453477.gif?download

5d586e2c805e2325039138.gif?download

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

5d5882c1c3d0e838734266.gif?download

output_WMSiZB.gif

Me

5d58858d79c57358218072.gif?download

To be more cool , Want some gum  :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Now we just need someone to ask to borrow DCK's comb.  :P :lol:

Just kinda reminded me of this really, really old oldie.....

Spoiler

but you have gotta wait and see why she wants his comb.  I guess this would have considered been naughty at the time but it's just kinda funny now.  DCK lend someone your comb!

Was going to edit my previous post but it wasn't working.  Apologies for posting after myself.  

OMG what an episode!  Almost too violent.

• DCK has gone evil, and killed Park.
  • Lawyer Han isn't quite as smart as she thought she was--how did she not clue into the fact that her Ex was gonna take revenge on her?! 
  • Evil Ex is evil.  And also an addict.
  • It looks like YG's thumb is about to get snipped.  Scary!
  • But thank goodness:  at least the BTeam of SY and Jae Sik are still on the job.  I thought it was very clever of Jae Sik to remember to take the first aid kit before they left the office.  Looks like YG is gonna need it.
  • Yeom was only in the episode for a few seconds but that was just to remind us that she is still there and still potentially the Big Bad.

Edited by triplem
I merged the posts :D
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I waited for this moment all week: I'm finally watching episode 13!

HTJ's middle name should be "Conflict of interest"... :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

A mixed bag of an episode. I'm surprised that TJ hadn't cottoned on to the ex sooner. He seemed rather too... I dunno... affable (?) especially seeing how things had played out between him and TJ. I was rather uneasy about YG walking into the empty-ish office by himself with his back turned and sadly that sentiment proved to be justified. I thought that both TJ and YG were uncharacteristically careless. Perhaps for her it's due to overwhelming guilt that she can't see straight where the ex is concerned. As for YG's excuse... I don't know... a little pity for what the man went through perhaps. Still, he knew that there were sufficient red flags been thrown up that warranted investigation.

I know the drama wants to sledgehammer home the fact that memory is unreliable and people are suggestible. I don't disagree but I feel that the writer/director is dragging out the big reveal regarding YG's mother murder rather unnecessarily by using these sorts of gimmickry. I expect some red-herrings but I think the show should move on already.

I can't help feeling that the close of the episode with DCG doing a bit of uncharacteristic grooming in front of the mirror... it comes across as a declaration of war of sorts... "No more Mr Nice Guy" is what I'm hearing. All throughout he's being trying to keep things civil, working with his superiors and anyone who has skin in the game. Even while he makes the odd sarcastic jibe, he's way is to play by the book and use loopholes where possible. We know that he's capable of playing rough but mostly he keeps it under wraps. But in recent times as he's peeling off the layers of this onion, it's clear that playing nice and within the rules isn't getting him very far. He takes one step forward and then it's two steps back. 

I don't doubt that DCG is fed-up. He's so fed-up that he took to poisoning a former colleague and friend. I don't blame him on some level. The Jang Society has taken it upon themselves to put value on people's lives.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

don't doubt that DCG is fed-up. He's so fed-up that he took to poisoning a former colleague and friend. I don't blame him on some level. The Jang Society has taken it upon themselves to put value on people's lives.

This is exactly my feelings  & impression after watching with subs. It is quite clear that he isn’t the mastermind or a member of Jang . He’s not gone to the dark side so to speak .  But he knows darn well  that if he lets Park go , Park will never be charged for his crimes . That was very clear when SY expressed her concern that Park will be let off scot-free when TJ’s Husband came to negotiate, and he promised her that it won’t happen this time. 

Does it make it right ? Perhaps not but for me this drama’s theme is exactly that - nothing and no one is so perfectly black & white .  The system is so corrupted that it is impossible to fight it using the correct protocol. At least that was the justification of Jang Society. DC Park for e.g stated that the drugs they took was used as bait  to see which cop was in the take . It was to track how high the dirty money flows up. In his mind & possibly that of the members of Jang , this was a necessary evil for them to catch the bad guys . But of course , the problem with groups like Jang is that they end up becoming a law unto themselves. What bothers me is that DCK is subscribing to the same sort of reasoning because he too can’t trust the system  . So everyone at the end of the day is meting out their own form of justice 

It looks like TJ’s personality has been consistent from even before she got her thumb cut . While there’s no denying she’s excellent at her job, she’s self serving all the way . The emotional hurt she caused her husband is because she volunteered for his thumb to be cut over hers . You can’t blame him for divorcing her . :sweatingbullets:

In fact that actually makes him the perfect recruit for groups like Jang especially with all the physical & emotional trauma  . The Happiness clinic is where all these disillusioned cops / law enforcers are recruited . I believe they are all supplied with drugs to ease the pain & make them more submissive. Just like how they dealt with DA Min. He too was hooked on drugs . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 7

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@titania1000 he turning to teacher with these two :joy: , never mind one of the student cheating the answers from our bodyguard :mrgreen: 

Someone help the girl! She's in danger to becoming KYG n°2: remember that BTS scene where he was fascinated by the movement of the windscreen wipers?:scream:

I don't want her to be like him: he's always on the verge to die and she doesn't have his fighting skills! :bawling:  

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Thank you SO MUCH for the gifs! :star: :kiss_wink:

This man is so hot!:love::bawling:

I can watch him doing anything, like really anything and i would still be fascinated!  

I loved everything about DCK playing teacher with his team and gathering them around him to show them how to do the job the right way, so ep 13 was a pure feast in term of the screentime shared by this trio! :mrgreen:

I can't be more satisfied with the dynamic of their relationship: father/daughter for DCK and JSY, and siblings for JSY and KYG though my shipper heart can't help but beat faster when they share their lovely scenes!

Here's few vids (part 1: JSY and KYG) of my favourite moments!:heart:

The level of skinship here is intense! :wub: She's so not shy about touching him and and he doesn't mind at all and even teases her more : the quality is not enough to see it but he smiled all long!

Look at them bickering like a real couple! :lol:

I don't care that it was DCK's order, he still waited for her in the car, was there  to give her a tissue when she needed to cry and  to listen to her feelings. Look at how much he concerned he looked when she opened her heart so sincerely. He said that he avoided therapy all those years but watching her go through the process might inspire him to do the same!   

But seriously, what's with his habit to call her at every time of the day and night? ^_^ 

When he think about something new that he wants to share, when he needs help, etc.

Like she said, why not call a friend and go out? It's like he knows deep down that she won't seriously reject him, even if she told him off. She won't be mad and still open to help the day after. How comforting for someone who seems to not have friends and lived a life without emotional security!

Spoiler

More of them please!

And writer, don't you dare to hurt her!

17 hours ago, thistle said:

Jae Sik must be safe!  Everyone, prepare to defend Jae Sik! :ph34r:

Jae Sik is too cool to be hurt : he got the first aid kit and the weapons all prepared! B)  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

He always call her but still she will answer his question when he disturbs her especially when she is sleeping. 

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

30 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Jae Sik is too cool to be hurt : he got the first aid kit and the weapons all prepared! B) 

Jae Sik is cool for sure!  B)  He has gotta survive this drama or I'm gonna flip tables.

Interesting moment in episode 13 when Jae Sik hears Lawyer Han screaming from a nightmare. He says that she has been having more nightmares than usual.....and I can only think of one way that he is aware of that.  ;)  Lucky Lawyer Han.  I am so jealous.  <_<

• LOL 5
  • Love 4