Quantcast

N6lJNGj.jpg

I snapped this photo of myself watching Watcher! I'm so excited!!! :D.

And I snapped a photo of Han Tae Joo(Kim Hyun Joo). She's walking up to us. She's gazing at us. Her beautiful hair. She looks so beautiful.

I snapped another photo of Han Tae Joo.

nWW5cwj.jpg

You can't see her. The words are hiding her beautiful face. I'm so in love with her! My girl crush! 

(I'm so sorry. These pictures are low-quality) :( :bawling:

I am trying to catch up! I promise! I have so many questions. Who is Prosecutor Lee? What happened to Han Tae Joo's husband? Why were they attacked?! This is getting so good!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

There are quite a few solid shows on at the moment and this one is falling behind for me - not finding the characters or story interesting. I'm very much over the drama with the ledger to the extent I haven't managed to finish episode 10.

Will have to come back towards the end to see how you guys have found it

• Like 4

3 hours ago, anony12345 said:

There are quite a few solid shows on at the moment and this one is falling behind for me - not finding the characters or story interesting. I'm very much over the drama with the ledger to the extent I haven't managed to finish episode 10.

Will have to come back towards the end to see how you guys have found it

Not gonna lie, the show is starting to lose me too. It feels like we’ve gone through SO much, yet we’re still only at ep.10. I can’t wait to find the killer already. But I will give it another week, and they’d better reveal who “boyfriend” is. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Not gonna lie, the show is starting to lose me too. It feels like we’ve gone through SO much, yet we’re still only at ep.10. I can’t wait to find the killer already. But I will give it another week, and they’d better reveal who “boyfriend” is. 

I feel like it's trying to give off this vibe that it's complex/deep with all the dramatic music and scenes but so far nothing has suggested that. There's a ledger with bribes from the upper echelon and anytime someone tries to look into it they kill them. i mentioned it a few pages ago but I hate when they try and make one of the leads think the other lead did it for suspense when we as the audience know there's a 99% sure it's not true. There was absolutely zero tension for me when the two main ML's were in that room because it was never going to be that easy.

There's just not much substance or creativity to the story with the way it has unfolded so far to keep me interested personally which is a shame because I did like the original set up. Need to hope Justice doesn't also let me down.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, tinymel said:

n the preview (start at 0:19), when KYG is being strangled, (I think) it is clearly a woman because of the height difference and build... of course it could be Yeom and that would throw my theory out... but LO thinks it is a man because of the amount of strength you would need to drag KYG and then get him hanging from the door like that (which supports my feeling that it is DC Park). 

What do you think of this ? I was looking for the videos and watch from minute 1:25 when the husband came in , the killer's physique looks quite manly especially the way hit the husband

But anyhow , something DCK said struck me . The thumb cutter may not be the mastermind. His hunch is that there's someone else behind this.  Also there are two copies of the ledger - one is now with YG and the other one with the Muil boss. TJ warned Muil boss to be careful. We should look out for these in the coming episodes.

I think eps 10 was great progress plot wise. We can finally put behind us the suspicion looming over DCK being the murderer and mastermind. This has been troubling me , because I refused to believe he was the one despite the drama teasing us with the possibility. I am relieved because in spite of all his questionable decisions , he is like SY says a good man.But at the same time I was mad though because he really did mess up YG's life. The consequences of his decision to manipulate the evidence meant that YG spent 15 years of his life as an orphan hating his father. YG's dad died prematurely in my opinion and DCK is indirectly responsible for that.  I am surprised that YG isn't anymore angry.  I know that DCK is sorry he did it , and is now paying the price and ensuring that he gets to the bottom of this. Basically none of the cops in this drama is without some skeletons in the closet given that DCK's name is also in the ledger. 

With regards to SY, I still like her and do not doubt that she is a good cop. We have already known for a while now that she was a mole. But I don't think she's doing it because she is also bad or something; I believe she was arm twisted to do this to keep her job. Let's not forget she made  a big mistake in her previous position in the Forensics .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, triplem said:

What do you think of this ? I was looking for the videos and watch from minute 1:25 when the husband came in , the killer's physique looks quite manly especially the way hit the husband

Agreed. The person who tortured HTJ and killed the organ trafficker is a man.

But I've had a niggling suspicion that there are multiple thumb killers(now). Never really wanted to air it because it seems too complicated.

Basically, that the mastermind (the original thumb cutter) now has a few others helping out... first KGW, then someone who cuts off the organ traffickers thumb, and then someone who strangles KYG... 

Why? KGW cut off SBG's thumb and then said he had a sunbae who "did some side jobs" and always asked "where does humanness come from"... and then the insistence by the pathologist that it is one killer... So because we are focused on finding one person we are missing the others... It would also allow either DC Park or Commissioner Yeom to be the main bad guy while not having to be the person who killed the organ trafficker or strangled KYG in ep11. (I do think the mastermind tortured and killed Dad... and HTJ).

---

@ktcjdrama and @anony12345... I get it. There is a sense of heavy shifting of interest between various characters. It is pretty ham-fisted the way they made everyone think it might be DCK. But, for me at least, that is how suspicion works. You start off with one person, you become convinced it is them, then the focus turns to the next person, all of which means that you miss the person who is really controlling the whole narrative.

The writer/PD are doing a massive information dump and hoping that the payoff will be worth it. And we've known since the relationship chart that it needs to be one of those seven characters, filling up ten episodes of 'who done it' when we have a grand total of seven options... well... it had better be worth it. If it turns out that the big bad is someone they bring in last minute then I'll throw my hands in the air in despair.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

@triplem , @ktcjdrama @Lawyerh 

I don’t know , I can’t get tiresome with this drama , I just think everyone need  to follow the bodyguard lead , I forget ( who again we want to know , who is   )  :sweat_smile::mrgreen::joy:

C34F2F68-9623-4D40-A8DC-F3E74394FC1D.jpg

4EFB8C8E-0AE0-454C-BDB9-966B2D65DF40.jpg

917613C1-7D70-46F2-A62A-6DD468E7DEA9.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I don’t know , I can’t get tiresome with this drama , I just think everyone need  to follow the bodyguard lead

This drama still has my attention, and I'm still enjoying trying to figure out whodunnit.  

And Our Bodyguard definitely has my attention.  ;)  I would kinda like to see him end up with Lawyer Han at the end.  Possible?  Maybe.  She was making plans for his son when she said something like "what WE should do for him" so that seemed like a little clue.

Yeah, I know that this is a crime drama.....but a little bit of romance doesn't hurt.  And Our Bodyguard deserves the love.

1 hour ago, tinymel said:

It is pretty ham-fisted the way they made everyone think it might be DCK. But, for me at least, that is how suspicion works. You start off with one person, you become convinced it is them, then the focus turns to the next person, all of which means that you miss the person who is really controlling the whole narrative.

Exactly.  I think there has been some very clever writing here.  The frustration that we feel because of the way things are being revealed is an indicator of the impact that the drama has on us as viewers because it is drawing us in.  I was really feeling angry with DCK, and that kinda mirrors how YG was feeling.  That's what good writing does--it makes us feel what the characters are going through.

But I can also understand stepping away when a drama isn't doing the job for you.  Sorry to hear that this is the case, and I hope there will be a way for everyone to hang in there.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Ameera Ali I love that scene when DCK asked Jae Sik to watch over TJ . And Jae Sik asked why he ( DCK ) would trust him since he was a former loan shark.  DCK’s affirmation that he’s trustworthy & reliable made him so happy . Then I also liked that scene when TJ asked  Jae Sik about his son. She was indirectly telling him she knows about him being arm twisted to keep Jang updated , but you can tell he was immediately remorseful.  Love how in this drama the fathers go to great lengths to protect their sons . That’s like the running theme - even in the case of the Muil boss trying to cover up for his good-for-nothing son. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I personally prefer that the big bag is someone else besides that 7 people or at least not just one person but a group of people. So far, we are presented with cases involving the police, the prosecution and big conglomerates. There are so many names in the ledger and it's said that lots of people could kill for it. I feel that none of these 7 people are powerful enough or ambitious or desperate enough to do all the bad deeds. But I think maybe some of them are manipulated into doing bad things.

I also still put my trust in Jo Soo yeon being a good person but she's in a situation where she has no choice to do otherwise. Question is, is the boyfriend a higher-up or the big bad. Can it be Han Tae Joo?

I sometimes feel that the show is taking itself too seriously but it's not really a problem for me. I constantly remind myself that this is not a procedural investigation drama but more of a psychological thriller. There are lots of mysteries and it sure does mess with your head. That 's what a thriller is supposed to do, after all. In a normal investigation drama, things unfold gradually as the story progresses with evidence found and straightforward explanations. This one is different since it focuses more on the characters and psychological aspects of the investigation. ( It is all about mind games and lots of scenes happen in interrogation room where the interrogators psych out the suspects. I'm always baffled at the way in other series, MLs suddenly bump into pieces of evidence). The characters are dealing with lots of things in their own head and they all suffer stuff like traumas, trust issue, etc. And I feel like by the end, it's not just the story getting resolved but the characters also grow and heal. That's what you rarely see in procedural investigation dramas because those are more event focused.

I guess how you think or evaluate a drama depends so much on the expectations that you set.

So, that's to say i'm really into this drama. One of the best that I've seen in a long while. Of course it also has some weaknesses but I'm willing to overlook those. My worry is, since the development is really complicated, it would be difficult to tie it all with a satisfactory ending. I truly hope that the writer and director can pull it off.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

My team is back on track! :w00t:

Thank you writer!:bawling:

I spent episodes 9 and 10, crying over KYG's fate, thinking who is going to give this boy a hug now that he lost his last parent and that he refuses to trust the only fatherly figure who is trying hard to protect him? :tears:

But then Ocn gave me this!:love:

giphy.gif

Credit: snow_flurry_

My life is complete!:joy:

I can catch on the thread peacefully. I can't wait to read the new brilliant theories "cooked" in the last pages!   

Bonus because i can't get enough ot them! 

giphy.gif

Credit: snow_flurry_

giphy.gif

Credit: ahjeosi

• Like 5
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I love that scene when DCK asked Jae Sik to watch over TJ . And Jae Sik asked why he ( DCK ) would trust him since he was a former loan shark.  DCK’s affirmation that he’s trustworthy & reliable made him so happy . Then I also liked that scene when TJ asked  Jae Sik about his son. She was indirectly telling him she knows about him being arm twisted to keep Jang updated , but you can tell he was immediately remorseful.

It is nice you mentioned about those scenes. I loved these little moments.

Both Do Chi-Gwang and Han Tae Joo are good people but they made mistakes/have regreats in their life. They have experience and I like how they don`t judge when someone is not 100% clean.

Do Chi Gwang saw that Jae Sik is loyal to Tae Joo, he protects her. I like how he said that people can chance anytime. It is about their decision. It was also comforting that Tae Joo did not make a scene, that she understood his situation and proposed a solution. Jae Sik knew that he did wrong and felt guilty, but he believed to not have other choice to protect his son. Because Tae Joo showed emphaty for his situation, he will be even more on her side.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

Yeah, I know that this is a crime drama.....but a little bit of romance doesn't hurt.  And Our Bodyguard deserves the love.

I think she kind of jealous , he showing up , these day :joy::mrgreen:

download

download

Bonus :joy::love:

15651280631565127873.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

he showing up , these day 

Bodyguard Oppa!  ;);)

• LOL 6

@titania1000  

GIFMaker.org_YX4iDd.gif

Her defines :phew:

5d4a0617081b5213116615.gif?download

**  he flattered that she thinks of him as a boyfriend :joy::mrgreen:

15651310291565130964.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I missed the BTS and thank you for sharing it here.. It was nice seeing them having good relationship between them. I always like to watch behind the scene videos. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

We heard that there is one corrupt officer who caused Jang's death and HJM's demise. But he is not alone as he has someone behind him/her. Remember that in the beginning, the corrupt officer mentioned his sunbae and even wanted to use the same method of torture indicating that the officer came in contact with the thumb killer. DCK added that this corrupt officer has been able during these 15 years to gain power and wealth. So this comes back to our first suspicion about Yeom. But like DCK said, Yeom is definitely not alone. I was even wondering if the coroner is not related to this case as

- he definitely knew the connection between HJM and DCK

- he tried to persuade HTJ that there is only one perpetrator... the way he cut the thumb.

But we saw that from the first case that the bad cop was copying his sunbae hence he learnt it from him. This means that the thumb killer had been raising "a student". 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

On 8/8/2019 at 5:55 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I was even wondering if the coroner is not related to this case

I wondered about that, too.  Certainly he would not have a problem cutting human flesh.  Eek.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:55 AM, bebebisous33 said:

But we saw that from the first case that the bad cop was copying his sunbae hence he learnt it from him. This means that the thumb killer had been raising "a student". 

And that is really, really scary.  There's more than one thumb-cutter at worrk.

..............looking forward to this week's episodes!

• Like 6

Watcher OST part 3

20190809162216_5d4d1f28beabc_1.jpg

It was announced on the 11th that it will release the third OST 'Blurry (Blurry)'.

The singer is Elli K,  who was formerly known as “Unknown Dress", participated in a number of OSTs, including the drama "Incarnation of Jealousy", movie "Golden Slumber".

In addition, 'Blurry' has worked with Park Geun-cheol and Kim Dong-ryul as well as artists such as Jay & Howl 'Perhaps Love' and Lim Jae-bum's 'Love'. The song was co-worked by singer-songwriter Runny .

http://hei.hankyung.com/hub01/201908095201I

• Like 6
  • Love 2