Quantcast

11 minutes ago, diane90 said:

So YG found and has the ledger in his shoes wow....surprise !

I thought it was a tracker.  :unsure:  But maybe I've got it wrong.  

Earlier DCK had described the ledger as "thumb-sized" (if the translator got that right and EWWW! icky when you compare the other thumbs in this drama), so I thought that it would possibly be an old-style memory stick if YG's dad hid it years ago.  But I also remember YG's dad "palming" something (hiding it in his hand) when he was being searched the day he went to the charnal house.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Excuse me but that is OUR bodyguard.  We have to share.  ;)

I think we nearly lost him before we share him :joy: , our young police officer, could have break his neck  :rage: But come on , He couldn’t catch culprit once , but have time to play superman with our bodyguard :mrgreen:

5d4771f73c712812701016.gif?download

5d4772d5a3f01932696749.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

53 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

But come on , He couldn’t catch culprit once , but have time to play superman with our bodyguard

Maybe he likes Our Bodyguard, too, and this is a "kabe don" gone horribly wrong.  :D

• LOL 6

11 hours ago, larus said:

I like how Sooyeon showed concern for him. I think he apreciated that without saying it. Soo-Yeon helped Young-Goon too. She is keeping the team together somehow.

It seems Sooyeon is a plant, just who is listed on her phone as 'boyfriend'?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Kathy said:

She is most certainly a plant.  But we do not yet know who is Boyfriend.  My guess is that it is Yeom.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

What a loan shark, when they all Mafia :joy:

5d4785721eccd578614607.gif?download

5d4785eaa3ab0830274746.gif?download

5d4786d703722399937758.gif?download

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

3 Crucial Questions That Will Be Answered In The 2nd Half Of “Watcher”

d2a81c263e3241f98090a5f016aff4d3.jpeg?s=

Watcher,” will open its second act with suspense!

The OCN weekend drama follows Do Chi Kwang (Han Suk Kyu), Kim Young Goon (Seo Kang Joon), and Han Tae Joo (Kim Hyun Joo) chasing after a mysterious incident. The three of them have a tragic past incident that ties them together, and they team up together to root out corruption in the police force.

With no one to believe and nothing that can be predicted, keen attention is being paid to the second half of the drama, and the production crew pointed out the key points to anticipate as the drama spirals towards the ending.

What is the truth of the scandal from 15 years ago that shook the investigation team?

The tragic event from 15 years ago rocked the lives of Do Chi Kwang, Kim Young Goon, and Han Tae Joo, and the truth of the past that is revealed as they dig deeper into the current case is confusing them. Everyone knew that Kim Jae Myung (Ahn Kil Kang), a corrupt police officer, had been serving 15 years in prison after killing his wife. The case, however, fell into a limbo as even Kim Jae Myung had his thumb cut and was murdered. Han Tae Joo, who was conducting a re-investigation from seven years ago with suspicions over the Kim Jae Myung case, also had her thumb cut by an unidentified man.

The statements by Do Chi Kwang and Kim Jae Myung were also sharply mixed. Kim Jae Myung said he realized he had fallen into a trap on the day he was supposed to meet Lieutenant Jang Hyun Goo. He didn’t get the call Do Chi Kwang said he had made, and he claimed that his wife had been alive until he left.

On top of that, Kim Young Goon recovered another memory. Kim Young Goon, who was hiding behind a bathroom curtain, remembered Do Chi Kwang hiding Kim Jae Myung’s jumper inside the washing machine. At the end of the show, the killer’s face changed from Kim Jae Myung’s to Do Chi Kwang’s, adding to the shock.

What is the truth behind the tragic incident that changed the life of the corruption investigation team, and who is the real culprit in the case? There is a shocking twist ahead that no one will have expected.

The truth that runs through the past and the present: What is the identity of the invisible hand?

The six bodies found in the ecological park brought to the surface the presence of an enormous power trying to cover up the truth. In the past, the same person threatened Han Tae Joo to prevent the re-investigation of Kim Jae Myung and cut the thumb of police officer Park Si Young (Park Ji Hoon) in the same way.

Signs of the unseen hands that hid the murders of big-name criminals by taking control of their businesses and brutally killing corruption prosecutor Lee Dong Yoon (played by Chae Dong Hyun) and black-market organ broker Kim Jang Il (Park Sung Il) have begun to appear.

More and more questions regarding the criminal’s objective and motivations are being raised as the case is delved into further. Lee Dong Yoon was ordered by his superiors to reduce and cover up Han Tae Joo’s case to the crime of a petty criminal, while Kim Young Goon witnessed that the gun the criminal used to kill Mr. Kim belonged to the police. This suggests that there is a huge behind-the-scenes plot involving the prosecution and the police. On top of that, the police leadership’s interest in Moo Il Group’s bribery ledgers are suspicious.

With the death of Kim Jae Myung that is in line with the criminal’s goal of “cleaning up all of the human mess and creating a new base,” the truth-tracking is back to square one. The investigation team will come together to find out the truth behind the culprit.

With deepening doubts, suspicions, and a fog of truth and lies, what’s the course of the investigation team?

The corruption investigation team is facing a critical crisis due to the death of Kim Jae Myung. Kim Young Goon and Han Tae Joo are being shaken and becoming more suspicious of Do Chi Kwang. Do Chi Kwang, who is trying to catch bad cops, is revealing his Janus-like two faces, throwing even viewers into confusion. The investigation by the corruption investigation team is expected to spill into more unpredictable confusion. In a fog of truth and falsehood, what steps will the corruption investigation team take in order to find the complete truth?

watcher.jpg

The production crew shared, “The truth of the past, which has been scattered throughout the current events, will start to come together. Please wait and see what kind of choices the corruption investigation team will make while surrounded by a mix of truth and falsehood. The surprise is only beginning. We hope you will look forward to the second act, which will present a more elaborate suspense.”

“Watcher” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 10:20 p.m. KST.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Watcher: Episodes 1-8 (Review)

by Saya

watcher_01.jpg

OCN’s currently airing weekend thriller sees Han Seok-kyu’s return to the small screen for the first time since 2016’s Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, and I can tell you it is well worth the wait, especially if Forest of Secrets was your cup of tea. (And duh, OF COURSE they have the same director, Ahn Gil-ho—no wonder they remind me so much of each other!) Layered to high heaven, the show is spectacularly detailed, and the current of unease that runs through it from its very opening moments only intensifies as it goes on. It’s very cerebral, but there’s no shortage of action.

Each week, my mind is a little more blown by the questions, ambiguities and impossibilities I’m left to nurse, all with my brain running at a hundred miles an hour—and still way behind. That makes this review somewhat daunting to write, as this show is far cleverer than I am. Can I really do it justice in this limited space? But if you have ever loved a dense, complex, richly characterized thriller, you can’t not watch this (though it might be a show best marathoned). It’s the rare show for me where I relish rewatching episodes, and the second watch reveals a whole new layer to the show that would otherwise have passed me by. There are any number of words to apply to this show, but “simple” would never be one of them.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/watcher-episodes-1-8-review/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

I still like her. I know that she is in the team to keep an eye on Do Chi-Gwang and the others. Probably she has connection with Yeom Dong-Sook but I feel like she is genuine. She is a good observer and helps the team. Probably that`s what a spy has to do, gaining the trust of the others but I think she will do the right thing in the end. Let see if I can read people well. I like to see the good in people/characters and sometimes I get burned. :)

• Like 9

Hahhha... Mr. Bodyguard so being cool and clueless.

And amazing, Lawyer Han's composure, she's just chill eventhough her entire office is destroyed. :crazy:

Mr. Do and YG had to really choose her office as venue of their showdown match ? gosh guys.

They were hurling each other across the room and hitting each other with furniture and stuff and all Mr. Do ever got was a small scratch on his chin. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

8 hours ago, thistle said:

I thought it was a tracker.  :unsure:  But maybe I've got it wrong.  

Earlier DCK had described the ledger as "thumb-sized" (if the translator got that right and EWWW! icky when you compare the other thumbs in this drama), so I thought that it would possibly be an old-style memory stick if YG's dad hid it years ago.  But I also remember YG's dad "palming" something (hiding it in his hand) when he was being searched the day he went to the charnal house.

It's sure that you're wrong !

look carrefully, it's a card sim not a tracker

and the prevew we see YG is reading many files  and he calles someone and said " I found it"

GM gave it to his son, he told to YG to tie the shoes bc he knows one day

YG will find it out, he knows his son is smart 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Guys! OMG! Daebak!

I really don't know what to say.. I was like practically jumping out from my chair the moment the camera was detected by YG. All along it wasn't her boyfriend. We finally found PROOF.. SHE is definitely the SPY.. But who is working for? Commissioner? My mom is guessing could be the commissioner who  was the one sent her in the first place. 

And then the big bomb came when he was about to leave his house. My mom and I was talking, why from ep9, they keep showing his shoes. Dont know what made him to check inside the soles of his shoes. 

I was like oh no, why YG and DCK fighting but at last, the suspicion has been cleared and YG has mentioned that he was told practically by most people to distrust DCK. WHY? Cos they don't want him to work with DCK and make DCK as the bad guy. 

DCK also admitted that he made false evidence. 

Oh my! Oh my! Now have to wait for ep11 and looks like YG is attacked could be the killer. It looks like his home in the ep11 preview. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, diane90 said:

It's sure that you're wrong !

look carrefully, it's a card sim not a tracker

and the prevew we see YG is reading many files  and he calles someone and said " I found it"

GM gave it to his son, he told to YG to tie the shoes bc he knows one day

YG will find it out, he knows his son is smart 

Ya, I think ur right. When think about it, it looks like a simcard. 

Don't tell me that YG dad put it there and its the ledger? 

• Like 5

5d47ee619d833461592420.gif?download

so true, but  isn’t these two the worse , they searching empty places :mrgreen: they are giving criminal bad name :smirk:

5d47ef1ecc4ae557868905.gif?download

5d47efb7e1860742048182.gif?download

• LOL 10

I just watched the episode 10 and I can`t wait to see the next episodes.

I just knew that Kim Jae Myung did not let the ledger to Baek Song Yi. I always thought that he left somewhere for his son to find.

I know that Chi-Gwang did not do anything to Baek Song Yi but somehow it did not occure me that he made such a plan. But I do wonder why he looked precisely at the bathroom drain and still did not realised it. There were lots of clues. :lol:

Chi-Gwang did confessed that he put the jacket on the washing machine to incriminate Kim Jae Myung. It is wrong,all right. He was convinced that he was the guilty one and wanted to catch him. Of course he feels so guilty now.

They will find the ledger, arrest some people but I think they won`t catch the killer yet. And the killer is attaching Young-Goon too.

It was confirmed what everyone of us suspected, that Soo Yeon is the spy put by a higher up to spy on the anti corruption team but I still maintain my oppinion that she is not a bad person. She is a newbie who was used. She cares about the team now. She deserves a second chance.

One more thing...

I find Chi-Gwang funny because he is not a talker and every time he tells everyone to cut to the chase.:D He took the card from Park Jin Woo to look in the Han Tae Joo`s office for the ledger knowing well she doesn`t have it. He entered the office and did nothing but he told Park that he is working on it. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I am now super duper curious who the “boyfriend” is....

Just to call someone who can get her out of the handcuffs, or to inform “boyfriend” that DCK and KYG are meeting upstairs... but why the urgency to get out of handcuffs or to inform about the meeting? Is she already suspecting something bad might happen with the meeting? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

download

@ktcjdrama I think boyfriend is that boss woman  ( I was suspicious she may be the  hand cutter  ) :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Posted (edited)

Image result for are you human korean drama gif

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here! I just wanted to share this. He's so CUTE.

(Are you Human) :bawling::wub:

Edit: This does not belong to me! credit to owner!

Edit2: I love Watcher drama! So much mystery. Everyone is so interesting. And I am curious about their lives. :wub:

Edit3: I'm still learning names. I wrote them in my notebook! :D 

Edit4: You are so funny @Ameera Ali I love your gifs. I'm laughing so hard.

Repost

5d47fe0fd4083732766062.gif?download

credit @Ameera Ali

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

Hi! well... 

Clever Dad putting the ledger inside of the trainers! I thought they were just going to use them as an emotional link and that the ledger (as @thistle also thought, am I right?) would be in the steamed eggs(drool much! I love korean steamed eggs :P).

More evidence that DC Park is our big bad: throughout the series he is always quoting ideas about Cassandra (don't bring bad news), living happily ever after(from this episode), etc. which fits the killer who wants to know about humanity***. 

RE: JSY. She mentioned in ep9 that the person who put her on the team told her not to get involved emotionally. I still think we need more of her back story... it doesn't seem like she is being blackmailed in anyway, which makes me suspect that she was made to believe that DCK is shady. I also think that DCK has known for a while that she is a mole... he knows the password to her laptop which makes me think he snoops on her and would have found the video files.

I'm afraid that HTJ is being played... she is *SO* on it that I feel the writers need to give her some conflict soon to ensure that the final payoff for her character arch will be worth it. To this point (2/3) we have had the greatest amounts of conflict with our two male MCs but not many high stakes for her...

In the preview (start at 0:19), when KYG is being strangled, (I think) it is clearly a woman because of the height difference and build... of course it could be Yeom and that would throw my theory out... but LO thinks it is a man because of the amount of strength you would need to drag KYG and then get him hanging from the door like that (which supports my feeling that it is DC Park). 

*** I think the thumb is purely meant to reflect the difference between animals and humans(and monkeys) is the opposable thumb which allows us to make tools etc.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2