Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

Why does it seem to me that at the end of the day, the "clean" people are DC Park and Jang?? Somehow I felt that DC Park got played by Yeom and DCK. Well, I guess I need to wait for subs before saying anymore.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Long story short - DCK asked DC Park if he was the one who sent the video , and his very cryptic answer leads me to believe that he is part of the Jang Society and the mastermind:

Isn't catching those pests that are corrupting our society more honorable than catching someone who killed a few people? 

The above is still confusing me too... Wouldn't that mean Park is on the righteous side? I guess maybe because the Chinese subs said "the right way (the more accurate thing to do)" instead of "more honorable".... And I remembered he was confused upon hearing DCK mention "Warrior Club"...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

They were definitely trying to get JS to spill the beans , so YG signalled her to use her charms , which is something she has to work harder on . She won’t be able to do undercover work at this rate :joy:

Poor girl has got NO skills whatsoever.  :lol:

If we didn't have Jae Sik, this drama would be much too dark.  In his own way, he is our ray of sunshine.  

Thank goodness I have a busy day ahead (have to make a dozen loaves of bread), so waiting for subs will be less hard.  But I'm sure that I'll  be thinking about Watcher a lot while I'm kneading and kneading and kneading.

• LOL 9

I'm still catching up on episode 11, but had to pop up here, rolling on the floor laughing! These lines almost killed me: 

KYG: "There is a video of him inhaling white powder in his nose in a bar."

Awkward silence.

Then DCG: "It must be medicine that you inhale with your nose."

:lol::lol::lol::joy:

• LOL 10

42 minutes ago, triplem said:

Do you know what her ex hubs does ? I can’t remember if they mentioned. Also a prosecutor?  

I don`t remember either. I don`t think they mentioned about them. They did not explain the circumstances of the attack.

In Ep 11, when Do Chi-Gwang said that what they did bad has repercussions, Tae Joo had a flash back to the moment of her torture. I wonder what she did or what case she was investigating.

• Like 7

haven't been here for a while but whoa, taejoo's husband's sudden reappearance really shook things up! always thought he was dead. then again looking back (on hindsight of course lol), it never really was explicitly mentioned he died haha.  younggoon's mom case has been pretty well-explored in this show so far (and still confusing as ever lol, even at ep12). but taejoo's case, not so much. guess we all took at face value that her husband got tortured and died, and she got her thumb cut. as it turns out, we have more new info - her husband is alive, plus he got his thumb (two thumbs) cut too :o i'm feeling the same as when they introduced kim jae myung in ep05 - introduction of a new character who is quite integral to the case (unlike the new characters who were the clear gangleaders/petty criminals) which seems to signify another major plot turning point.

haven't watched with subs but it doesn't seem like the killer who was unmasked today (jang hae ryong's underling) was taejoo's thumb cutter? was it kim kang wook who died earlier on? (gotta rewatch with subs tmr) the guy today also doesn't seem like younggoon's mom's killer 15 years ago, he looks too young hmm.... guess that's why there's been speculation here (+ at dc gallery) that there's several 'generations' of thumb killers/'turtle'. a method that's passed on like what the forensic pathologist mentioned previously.

53 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just want to share something about the translation of Jang Society. In the Chinese subs I watched, it's more like "Warriors Club" or "Soldiers Club". I understand how the translation can get mixed up, and actually don't know which is actually the correct one, but just sharing that the pronunciation in Korean is the same for both 將士會 (Warrior Club) and 張社會 (Jang Society)

thank you for this! i too was confused @ Jang Society cause it sounded weird. 將士會 makes much more sense. i should have thought to watch the c-subs to double-check haha didn't think of that.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Okay , so this is the  interesting thing - in some of TJ's flashbacks of the day thumb cutter tortured her, the husband was seated across her tied up as well . We were not shown this before. In earlier episodes , we only saw the cutter hit the husband as he came in, and we had assumed he died on the spot. So he was tortured too. But why was there never a recollection of that in her memory in her flashbacks???

there was, in ep03 where taejoo was talking with lee hyojung (the organ donator girl) at the hospital and prosecutor lee dong yoon appeared. he mentioned about her past which brought to her mind the recollection. timestamp-wise it's around 11:30, may be different depending which video you're watching.

9nAR0S7.jpg

in any case, the show was right haha it didn't specifically show him getting killed. at that time i too just assumed he got killed after this. anyway since he's alive, curious to see his part in all this.

spoiler (text preview for ep13):

Spoiler

yoon jihoon (taejoo's alive husband, haha) will defend deputy commissioner park in court. (seems like him together with taejoo will defend park together)

well that's interesting what's going on haha

final thoughts: ep09-10 was actually losing me tbh, idk i felt the baek song-yi is dead arc was anticlimactic and unsatisfying when it was revealed chi-kwang set it up...felt a bit of a filler. ep11 brought it back to the main mystery and felt tighter - more deaths (lol sounds sadistic), the district attorney and his drugs, Turtle, the Boyfriend reveal etc. ep12 though i haven't watched with subs seems promising too.

also, taejoo. the contrast between her and chi-kwang is amplified in this week's eps. she just wants to know(kill?) the thumb cutter, she doesn't even care about the mastermind. all just so she can have a good night's sleep, and really, just to actually live her life properly. versus chi-kwang who wants to catch the mastermind to end all this (stop people getting hurt, as his favourite motto goes). it's frustrating, because we all know just catching the actual cutter (who's also just a pawn/worker) won't solve everything. but if just knowing the cutter can give her peace of mind, i can see why she's so desperate. putting herself up for sacrifice, running solo amok...at the same time derailing the actual plans of the team which they had agreed on before. can see why viewers are annoyed haha. one thing's for sure though, she's stayed true to the character from the start. she only thinks of herself. she knows she's selfish (she admitted to younggoon in ep06, and i think several times after that). she charges ahead like a bulldozer. she over-complicates things. but that's why i find her fascinating (and yes, at times frustrating too). she's not a totally likeable character, it's like a love-hate situation.

(really last point!) i somehow like the taejoo-younggoon interactions. every time they look at each other....they seem to have this deep understanding with each other, is it a victims kind of bond? taejoo lies, schemes, pretends quite often to get what she wants, but i feel she's at least the most honest when it comes to younggoon. younggoon knows she's selfish, and has had several outbursts/disagreements with her too, but in the end he kind of understands her too? i don't know how to describe it haha. the hospital scene between them near the end of ep12 ;;;;

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

these two like to say hi to each other by holding each other neck :joy::tounge_wink:

They're dancing!  :lol:

• LOL 8

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

and i really enjoyed the return of those bonds! :w00t:

• Be it the very  comfortable (almost intimate) atmosphere between DCK and HTJ at the beginning of the episode when they were sitting in the team office, and she admitted still having nightmares about her attack.
  • the very concerned reactions of all the team when KYG was hurt: DCK checking his neck and sending JSY to nurse him, HTJ staring at KYG's face few long seconds with worry and relief, JSY putting a band aid on his wound. 
  • HTJ  trying to get his approval in her dicussion with DCK about the path to pick for the investigation, and KYG refusing to choose between them because he feels loyal to both .
  • KYG and JSY's cuteness when they thought that DCK wasn't aware of her spying.
  • KYG trying to cover JSY's "betrayal" to protect her. 
  • JSY's admitting that she gave  DCK her password while knowing he would have access to the vids she took "secretly",
  • DCK ignoring JSY's apology and continuing to trust her completely and treat her like a full member of the team like he's been doing all this time.
  • DCK refusing to blame HTJ when she blowed up his plan once again because he knows how much she suffers for not being able to move on with her life.
  • KYG opening his heart to DCK about his fear that his father's field was cleaned to hide something. 

I love to see DCK and KYG trusting each other and having each other back  when they go in the crime scenes. Their great team communication in the massage parlor was a treat!  

However i can feel that no matter how much KYG wants to trust entirely DCK (and he really wants it) he's very much troubled by the fact that he manipulated evidences in his mother's murder case. DCK is incapable to respect the law even though he's doing the right thing and it's weighing on KYG. I hope now that DCK learnt to stop being secretive, he could learn too to be respectful of the procedures. He needs to live up to his words about not crossing the limits and to become a true model for KYG and the rest of the police force to make up for his past..   

agreee with the fam bonding. they're all very emotionally fragmented people who don't really have the best ways of dealing but even through that they have this respect for each other. they're very forgiving. this is prrobably why they let HTJ do a lot of things, or it's easy for them to let her go, but at the same time you're just disappointed.

i think that seeps into all their relationships. they're not trusting but KYG, DCK, HTJ, even SY value the truth over pretend. so it's a lot on SY's back to lie. she had to stop, but being found out was good for her. they all want to know what's going on. another ex would be HTJ straight up lying then explaining after and demanding the truth. it's interesting, hypocrtical, but that's what makes them work and helps them keep going.

gotta be honest for ep 11 i was so annoyed lmao but now i just think the show is frustrating and a little dumb but it's so so so intriguing and it is SO beautiful and well acted, so i have to watch it! 

will have to see in a rewatch what holds up. it's a frustrating show but i look forward to the frustration and marveling at how pretty it is and how i wish things were clearer but the atmosphere is great...

@ktcjdrama in english it has been "giants club" (tho they call it something else too) so jang society was confusing me. i guess it just means a place for the big bosses...

oh yea and i think turtle has to be multiple ppl atp. like contract killers cos the first dude was one before he died. it could also be like a generational thing (i.e. one for one period of time) which  might explain the chaotic methods. cos i don't really understand how the violence gets worse but they stick to one person. it's creepy too

but also, unless they are totally crazy which i don't think the writers are, the turtle in that ep was deeeffff a woman / female presenting frame. that's why i was like IS THIS SY?!?!? bc they have the exact same frame. guess it's another tiny person!

starting ep  12 x__x

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5

5d507cb7145d4126064338.gif?download

Did you need to ask that , of course the turtle is a fan , he want to meet the man who keep losing  people effortlessly :mrgreen::joy:

output_9DArSQ.gif

• LOL 8

27 minutes ago, disembody said:

but also, unless they are totally crazy which i don't think the writers are, the turtle in that ep was deeeffff a woman / female presenting frame. that's why i was like IS THIS SY?!?!? bc they have the exact same frame. guess it's another tiny person!

I've just had a thought:  what if the Turtle that tried to kill YG wasn't THE Turtle?  What if it was someone faking?  This is possible.....except for that  tool that Turtle was gonna use for cutting YG's thumbs because it had old blood on it.  But it is really very weird that Turtle would leave the tool behind unless there was something to be gained by doing so.  

If Yeom was the YG Turtle, then is it possible that she somehow faked the blood evidence?  There seem to be a lot more layers to her than we might realize and I really don't trust her at all.

By the way, that tool is what gardeners use for cutting small tree limbs (although I'm sure you all probably already know that), and I find that very creepy.

I don't know.  I was just thinking odd theories while I was kneading piles and piles of bread dough.  :blink:

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 4

Watcher has broken its previous high ratings record with national ratings of 6.094% and ratings in Seoul as 6.567% for Episode 12.

:love::glasses:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I speak for myself because I’m likely the minority :w00t:

Spoiler

who found that hug strange & a tad out of place if romance was its intention.  I kept thinking she saw him when he was in his pyjamas at 10 , she was a full grown lady in her 20s . And now they will date ? Yikes , felt way too “cougar-ish“:joy: So the idea of a love line here would kill the drama for me . I always view DCK & HTJ in their own strange way became YG ‘s guardians since he lost his parents, somewhat looking out for him from afar.  They are also in a way  trying to make up to him for wrongly putting his Father to jail . Though in TJ’s case it’s still her own revenge that’s priority 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hide contents

who found that hug strange & a tad out of place if romance was its intention.  I kept thinking she saw him when he was in his pyjamas at 10 , she was a full grown lady in her 20s . And now they will date ? Yikes , felt way too “cougar-ish“:joy: So the idea of a love line here would kill the drama for me . I always view DCK & HTJ in their own strange way became YG ‘s guardians since he lost his parents, somewhat looking out for him from afar.  They are also in a way  trying to make up to him for wrongly putting his Father to jail . Though in TJ’s case it’s still her own revenge that’s priority 

I am with you on this... :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

I'm there, too.  I thought it was rather odd during the first couple of episodes because

Spoiler

they seemed really kindly flirty and attracted.  But then it fell off and I thought that was a good thing.  Haven't seen the hug yet except for some stills, and I thought it seemed rather awkwardly uncomfortable.  I don't have an issue with the age thing but, as you said, it's the prior relationship that makes it icky.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

def don't like the age gap but honestly it was pretty familial. i think they're all just more comfortable lmao idk i didn't see anything rly with it. besides the age thing she did know him when he was super young, there's the other dude in her life, and they were literally looking at 

Spoiler

their murderer lol. there's also the fact that this was the day she took off the ring. and then i guess her husband?!??! still alive? anyways

they're pretty similar.

tbh idk what went on this episode but i've given up lmao...one silly thing

Spoiler

the current turtle is so cute lmaofpisohuafji

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, triplem said:

I'm on your team for this one ... that Tae Joo and Young Geun share no romance.  :smile:

But I don't find the hug strange. Instead I found it sweet that Young Geun hugged Tae Joo.  Nothing romantic here.  Purely familial.  The way he hugged her is like a son hugging his mother, so delicately and protectively.  Tae Joo might be the closest mother figure Young Geun has (although she's a little too young to be his mother).  As for Tae Joo, I think she still sees him as the 10-year old kid who she failed miserably to protect him.  The look she gazes at Young Geun is always a mixture of compassion, guilt, and caring.  She's been always honest with him; at least she gives me an impression that Young Geun is the only person she feels comfortable to open herself up to.  It is only this recent episode that we see Tae Joo finally opens up to Chi Gwang. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On the subject of that hug:  I've watched the episode, and I did not like the embrace.  It seemed false and, as I had guessed, uncomfortable.  But I think that this is because they were both lying.  I don't think they were being real or understanding with one another--there was just a "look" about each of them that said there was falsehood there.

An interesting thing about hugs:  you're never really facing the person you hug; instead, you're looking over their shoulder.  So basically both of them were hiding their true feelings by looking away and hugging makes that easy to do.

Actually I think that the person Lawyer Han is most comfortable and honest with is Jae Sik, even though she was really cold about leaving him to deal with his arrest alone.  When she was collapsed on the floor in her office, it was Jae Sik she admitted her feelings to.  I don't think she would have done that with anyone else or that she would have trusted anyone but him to do her dirty work and to keep the blood sample a secret.

Everyone on this show (except Our Bodyguard, of course) is a mysterious mess and cannot be trusted.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

28 minutes ago, thistle said:

Actually I think that the person Lawyer Han is most comfortable and honest with is Jae Sik, even though she was really cold about leaving him to deal with his arrest alone.  When she was collapsed on the floor in her office, it was Jae Sik she admitted her feelings to.  I don't think she would have done that with anyone else or that she would have trusted anyone but him to do her dirty work and to keep the blood sample a secret.

Ah, yes, how I can forget about our bodyguard Jae Sik?!  Very good point, Tae Joo does show her true self to Jae Sik. 

30 minutes ago, thistle said:

On the subject of that hug:  I've watched the episode, and I did not like the embrace.  It seemed false and, as I had guessed, uncomfortable.  But I think that this is because they were both lying.  I don't think they were being real or understanding with one another--there was just a "look" about each of them that said there was falsehood there.

I need to do some re-watch on the hug scene with subtitles.  haha

• Like 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

I need to do some re-watch on the hug scene with subtitles.  haha

Well, my opinion could be faulty because I could just be overly suspicious since this drama hasn't exactly inspired me to trust any of the characters except, of course, Jae Sik.  ;)

If Jae Sik turns bad, then there is absolutely no hope for humanity.  

• LOL 8