Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Not at all. You are right that we met on different threads before. I like romance too but I like crime drama as well where you have to pay attention to details in order to discover the identity of the culprit. So far, the mystery is not resolved at all that's why it is so entertaining.

So I was right! We've met on different threads! So you remember me? :wub: So you like romance too! Yes, me too. I love finding out who the culprit is. So the mystery isn't solved yet. Thanks for the info. Well, thanks for telling me. I'm excited. So I've already started episode 1! Wish me luck! @bebebisous33! And I'm so happy we meet again!

 

jG8mAns.png

 

I like it! Episode 1 is good :D 

credit to drama

 

Edit:  My edit skills are really bad!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing that I'm curious is when YG was searching for the guy who was murdered in the public toilet (who was the one in charge of selling human organs), he encountered the killer. The killer hit him and pointed the gun at him. That's where YG stated that the gun was a policeman gun. Did the killer know YG or he just decided to let him go? 

 

The irony part is that YG dad had to be murdered in the same house where his mom was murdered 15 years ago. Is it for the ledger or to stop him for investigating the case? 

They keep showing us the photo of the 5 guys which is pointing to something but not giving us any clue to what it is. So there are more questions than answers. 

 

Just when YG about to start a new relationship with his dad, he had to loose him again. I think deep inside of him, he thinks maybe his dad didn't murder his mom. It was sad to see the ring that he didn't get the chance to give to his wife. 

 

When YG open the fridge after coming back home from hospital, he saw the food left by his dad.. soo sad... 

 

I'm thinking he may start to have some memories coming back and he already questioning did his dad killed his mom but then he also questioning could it be Detective Do killed his mom instead. He already like not soo trusting Detective Do. 

 

Behind the scenes for ep7 and 8... 

 

OCN has good dramas for this year... 

I'm currently watching Watcher and Class of lies. 

 

  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@my0t1 I really enjoyed reading your post because you summarized the ideas I had developed before pretty well. I would like to add something about Yeom. Remember that she was not happy that YG would join the team, once she discovered his identity. However, after meeting him, she was fine... maybe she was afraid that YG would recognize her, if she was the culprit.

 

Furthermore, I also wanted to point out the huge time gap. DCK had always thought that HJM was the killer because he had imagined he was talking to him, when he called to the house. Because right after the phone call, he went to the flat and discovered the body of YG's mother hence he thought, she had just been killed by HJM. Since he was so convinced that HJM was the culprit, he might have fabricated the evidence against HJM (putting the jacket of HJM covered in blood by the blood of YG's mother). I guess, DCK was afraid that HJM might get away with the crime hence he did that: he used the jacket as evidence. HJM was indeed convicted due to YG's testimony and the jacket. Remember HTJ's reproach to DCK: "You always think, you do what is right!!" However, due to their confrontation at the basement, DCK realized that actually he was talking to the real culprit and he had never heard HJM's voice. So his mistake was that when he called HJM, he was so prejudiced that he overlooked all the details: hearing no voice at all. All this points out that HJM had already left the house. HJM got aware that DCK had not been corrupted but had been misled/manipulated. I am now curious to know why DCK called HJM and made him say all these things: "people got hurt". Why was he angry? If he was just referring to the missing Jang, he would have mentioned it directly... 

 

I am wondering if YG has not been manipulated in the past hence his memories are so mixed up.

  • Like 8
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. 

I've been snooping on this thread since forever; I really enjoy the discussions here. I've been following Watcher since the first day the project announced its casting of ahjussi Han Suk Kyu because I'm a massive fan of him. I think I can share some useful info with you all.

 

About the title of the drama, our director Ahn Gil Ho clarified that it's named Watcher because our leads all saw something in the past but things are not as they thought. So they are the watchers. It's that simple. Watcher here doesn't mean someone is inspecting something. So, I think we might over complicate things by all the theories of DC Yeom or someone else is watching them.

 

I saw there are theories of why DCG put KJM's jacket in the washing machine. My theory is a bit different that DCG trusted KJM till the end (as he always emphasizes) and that he was trying to protect KJM. 

So it began like this, KJM lost his jacket somewhere he didn't remember. The culprit wore his jacket to his house, killed his wife and left it at the scene to frame him. YG saw that and thought it was his dad because of the jacket. DCG phoned in and it was the culprit who picked up the phone. DCG came into the house seeing YG's mom was dead. He saw the jacket and knew it was KJM's ( if you watched closely that part, in a slit second DCG kinda startled when he saw something). Since he thought KJM was in the house just minutes ago (because of the phone call) and there was the jacket, he was certain that KJM was the murderer . However, he still tried to help him by hiding the evidence because it's perfectly normal for a piece of clothes of the owner of the house being in the washing machine. Maybe he didn't know there was bloodstain on it. This explained why he repeatedly said that he trusted KJM till the end. KJM was his favourite sunbae after all. Since the incidence once again proved that KJM betrayed his trust, he was left wrecked and since then he wowed to be objective and became an inspector who doesn't believe in emotions ( I'm so soft at his bright smile in the pic of 5. He looked genuinely happy back then and now the smile is gone). Mr Han''s acting in ep8 is mind-blowing.

That being said, I believe DCG is clean. He's all secretive and calculative now because of the trauma in the past, not because he has some dirt to hide.

 

About Ms.Jo. I believe she's innocent but her "boyfriend" is different story. I thought it was weird the first time the "boyfriend" called her in ep2. Same concern as Jaesik as the boyfriend called again in ep 5. Then in ep8 that camera focus on her table with pics is so fishy. I suspect that they want to tell us that there's something more behind the picture ( both straight words and metaphorically) just as when GY revealed that him and his dad were in the pic with his mom. My theory is that the boyfriend had something to do with the incidence of her losing evidence to the a murder case back when she was in the forensic department. The case might or might not relate to this whole mess at the corruption squad but it provided a reason for her to quit and move to her current position. And the boyfriend still continues monitoring things here.  So many times people got killed because YG called her for help. In short, she's not aware that she's manipulated.

 

That's what have to say for now and it's too long already. I'm really enjoying the drama. It's really good and it's my type. Not typical procedural investigation series but more of a psychological thriller. Everything is so subtle and nuanced that requires extra attention.  Plus ahjussi HSK, he's perfect, especially in roles that highlight subtle expressions. 

 

Cheer!

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anh said:

About Ms.Jo. I believe she's innocent but her "boyfriend" is different story. I thought it was weird the first time the "boyfriend" called her in ep2. Same concern as Jaesik as the boyfriend called again in ep 5. Then in ep8 that camera focus on her table with pics is so fishy. I suspect that they want to tell us that there's something more behind the picture ( both straight words and metaphorically) just as when GY revealed that him and his dad were in the pic with his mom. My theory is that the boyfriend had something to do with the incidence of her losing evidence to the a murder case back when she was in the forensic department. The case might or might not relate to this whole mess at the corruption squad but it provided a reason for her to quit and move to her current position. And the boyfriend still continues monitoring things here.  So many times people got killed because YG called her for help. In short, she's not aware that she's manipulated.

 

 

I like your reasoning. I'm not sure about the 'boyfriend' still. No evidence so I would wait and see...

 

Out of the topic, I found this news while snooping around.

https://www.kpopmap.com/s-korean-cosmetic-surgeons-reveal-the-actor-who-has-the-face-that-is-setting-the-trends-for-mens-visuals/ 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Anh said:

About the title of the drama, our director Ahn Gil Ho clarified that it's named Watcher because our leads all saw something in the past but things are not as they thought. So they are the watchers. It's that simple. Watcher here doesn't mean someone is inspecting something. So, I think we might over complicate things by all the theories of DC Yeom or someone else is watching them.

 

Brilliant!  That really is the simplest answer to the title.  :lol:  Now I wonder what it is that each of them has seen but have not realized that they have seen.

 

Guilty as charged:  I am very, very good at over-complicating and excessive theorizing.  :P   But it's so much fun!  :D

 

And I'm glad you're here posting with us.  :)

  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, disembody said:

oh man. if you're into this line of dramas then yes. there was life on mars which is a procedural (and a british original) then there's save me 1 and 2. save me 2 just ended and i loooved it, probs more than s1 (which is where my icon is from!!), but they're both phenomenal. very very very different in tone and two different ways of manifesting but both about cults...

 

then there's trap which is part of the dramatic cinema series (next up will be hell is other people.) there's a mixed reaction to this and the ending is a bit ridiculous but honestly i loved every minute of it. it's INSANE. very grisly and dark and fun tbh.

 

 .

Thanks much, will definitely look into those you mentioned!

 

If you like whodoneits I would recommend a Chinese drama titled Day & Night.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sheelatpsfm said:

When YG open the fridge after coming back home from hospital, he saw the food left by his dad.. soo sad... 

 

oh ... this reminds me of what my first reaction is when watching this scene.  Remember KJM took out a small item from the box and he took it and placed it into his pocket quickly without letting the taxi driver saw what it was.  He kept this item in his hand when he was being searched by DCK.  Could it be a key to a safe where the ledger is kept?  If so, could this key is hidden in the steamed egg?

 

After typing all my thoughts out, I don't think so anymore .... :sweat_smile: The zooming into the steamed egg dish is probably just to emphasize how much KYG misses his dad (and his mom).  After all, KJM just told him how he taught his mom make this dish.  Poor YG!

 

16 hours ago, Anh said:

I saw there are theories of why DCG put KJM's jacket in the washing machine. My theory is a bit different that DCG trusted KJM till the end (as he always emphasizes) and that he was trying to protect KJM. 

So it began like this, KJM lost his jacket somewhere he didn't remember. The culprit wore his jacket to his house, killed his wife and left it at the scene to frame him. YG saw that and thought it was his dad because of the jacket. DCG phoned in and it was the culprit who picked up the phone. DCG came into the house seeing YG's mom was dead. He saw the jacket and knew it was KJM's ( if you watched closely that part, in a slit second DCG kinda startled when he saw something). Since he thought KJM was in the house just minutes ago (because of the phone call) and there was the jacket, he was certain that KJM was the murderer . However, he still tried to help him by hiding the evidence because it's perfectly normal for a piece of clothes of the owner of the house being in the washing machine. Maybe he didn't know there was bloodstain on it. This explained why he repeatedly said that he trusted KJM till the end. KJM was his favourite sunbae after all. Since the incidence once again proved that KJM betrayed his trust, he was left wrecked and since then he wowed to be objective and became an inspector who doesn't

believe in emotions ( I'm so soft at his bright smile in the pic of 5. He looked genuinely happy back then and now the smile is gone). Mr Han''s acting in ep8 is mind-blowing.

That being said, I believe DCG is clean. He's all secretive and calculative now because of the trauma in the past, not because he has some dirt to hide.

 

Your theory sound flawless.  The sequence of events match the timeline perfectly.  Please do continue to post your thoughts. :smirk:

 

There are something that I don't really understand in episode 8.  When HTJ and KYG went to the deserted building to meet Park Si Young.  PSY mentioned the man he dealt with is a "complete lunatic" and he "hides his true self perfectly" and PSY claims he does not even know who he is.  Yet at the end, when KYG asked him who he is talking about, PSY said it's KYG's father.  This is very confusing.  Didn't he just admitted he had no idea who this "lunatic" is?  Then why he said it's KJM?  :confused:

  • Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @my0t1

 

5 hours ago, my0t1 said:

There are something that I don't really understand in episode 8.  When HTJ and KYG went to the deserted building to meet Park Si Young.  PSY mentioned the man he dealt with is a "complete lunatic" and he "hides his true self perfectly" and PSY claims he does not even know who he is.  Yet at the end, when KYG asked him who he is talking about, PSY said it's KYG's father.  This is very confusing.  Didn't he just admitted he had no idea who this "lunatic" is?  Then why he said it's KJM? 

 

I think there are some confusions with the Eng subs ( depending on which one that you watched with) 

 

PSY said that something like the man is a complete lunatic, he'll take care of all the people who get in his way and plan something new. Then YG asked who are those that he (that man) is supposed to take care of. PSY answered " your father". It means that his father was in danger. That's why GY left the place right away and asked Ms Jo to send a patrol to his apartment.

 

So the whole conversation gives GY the impression that his father is not the mastermind but someone else is. It makes me think that the real culprit must plan ahead the murder of KJM. Could it be DC Park? Unlikely because he needs to get his hands on that ledger first.

 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, there are 6 persons connected to this picture and not just 5. We all forgot the photographer.

Having watched it with subs, it felt quite clear to me that if the photo was not taken by some random cop in the station, the photographer is Dep Comm Park. He was the team leader to their squad, and no one knows the 5 of them as well as he does  and be privy to so much information as he is.  And for me , I don't think the lady commissioner Yeon was involved in the case 15 years ago. She was then a relatively young cop who had attended KJM's lecture. She did not know them personally. For me , DC Park has been manipulating the 5 of them since then or before , and was still doing it in eps 10. (I am very curious about what KJM means by this: "I'll protect your back , just like old times " when he first went to see DC Park at his office. ) He sent KJM to DCK's office on the pretext of wanting both to "reconcile" or clear the air but it felt like a set up for what's to come ( KJM's death) . It can be twisted that KJM had provoked DCK at the office , and subsequently DCK had gone by to the apartment to confront KJM.   Let's not forget it is Park who placed SY there 

 

The million dollar question is whether KJM really had the ledger? And if it is indeed true that DC Park has been manipulating them , is he the thumb cutter? Or is he merely an errand boy to the ultimate villain? The interest in the ledger for DC Park seems to be that he wants to hide something. But Commissioner Yeon's offer to pay KJM more for it is because she being the superstar commissioner, wishes to crack a big case before her retirement. She prides herself in doing well - she was annoyed to have received poor grades from KJM after the lecture. :lol:

 

What happened in the apartment now and 15 years ago , have some parallelism. In both situations DCK had arrived just after the murderer had stabbed his victims. I believed he had met the murderer on both occassions but the guy manages to escape. DCK would of course be the prime suspect. But would DCK still be there in YG's apartment after cutting dad's thumb? It won't make sense that he'd so blatantly walk into the apartment to do that especially with CCTVs everywhere these days.

 

I wept for YG in the last episode. Father and son had barely reconciled , and YG had been living the last 15 years with misplaced hate. His testimony had been key to putting dad behind bars. So it must be eating him inside that he had been wrong about what he saw. YG is suffering from undiagnosed PTSD and I would question the validity of his memories. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 2:39 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@my0t1 I really enjoyed reading your post because you summarized the ideas I had developed before pretty well. I would like to add something about Yeom. Remember that she was not happy that YG would join the team, once she discovered his identity. However, after meeting him, she was fine... maybe she was afraid that YG would recognize her, if she was the culprit.

 

Furthermore, I also wanted to point out the huge time gap. DCK had always thought that HJM was the killer because he had imagined he was talking to him, when he called to the house. Because right after the phone call, he went to the flat and discovered the body of YG's mother hence he thought, she had just been killed by HJM. Since he was so convinced that HJM was the culprit, he might have fabricated the evidence against HJM (putting the jacket of HJM covered in blood by the blood of YG's mother). I guess, DCK was afraid that HJM might get away with the crime hence he did that: he used the jacket as evidence. HJM was indeed convicted due to YG's testimony and the jacket. Remember HTJ's reproach to DCK: "You always think, you do what is right!!" However, due to their confrontation at the basement, DCK realized that actually he was talking to the real culprit and he had never heard HJM's voice. So his mistake was that when he called HJM, he was so prejudiced that he overlooked all the details: hearing no voice at all. All this points out that HJM had already left the house. HJM got aware that DCK had not been corrupted but had been misled/manipulated. I am now curious to know why DCK called HJM and made him say all these things: "people got hurt". Why was he angry? If he was just referring to the missing Jang, he would have mentioned it directly... 

 

I am wondering if YG has not been manipulated in the past hence his memories are so mixed up.

Thank you for sharing. I like your thoughts on this. wish I could share my thoughts on this. But I’m not there yet. I hope I get there someday. This drama is the perfect drama for me. I get to find all the clues. I still don’t know what is going on. I find the female lawyer very interesting. I don’t remember her name yet. But I will!! Please keep sharing your thoughts!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of good and fun theories to read: this thread is bubbling under the collective effort of every brilliant mind who post here.B)

It's a joy to read though i don't feel like joining it yet: i'm still not over the feelings brought by the last episodes:pensive:    

 

I've been lurking on social media and found those  quotes that i really hope that the writer didn't throw just as bait: i still have hope that our team will unite again tightly to defeat the killer:)

 

tumblr_pvdoa9Soba1taa1z6o2_540.png

Credit: kdramastuff

 

tumblr_pvdjuft4xT1taa1z6o7_540.png

Credit: kdramastuff

 

And most importantly:

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

BTS for episodes 5 and 6 

Spoiler

Credit: kdramastuff

 

BTS for episode 7 and 8

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:47 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@titania1000 Money Lover can not be the woman involved in the organ trafficking, the supposed wife of the CEO Shin. Money Lover is a different person. Even if Money Lover is a woman, this doesn't really change my theory that the killer could have been working next to DCK and HJM. Don't you find it strange that YDS mentioned to HJM how she met him at a lecture and the ex-cop couldn't recall the grade he gave her? She wanted to know if he remembered her but he couldn't... Notice that YSD knows DCK pretty well.

I had written this theory earlier that "boyfriend" could be a woman in reality...and this name was used in order to mislead her colleagues.

 

For me, HJR is not the main villain, rather an accomplice.  

 

 

I mixed up everything about Money Lover apparently: sorry for the confusion! :sweatingbullets:

 

I'm biaised on the commissioner because i want her to be with the good guys too : i would like it better if she just trying to clean things before taking her retirement. I'm still enjoying the idea that you suggested  that she could be "boyfriend". And like @thistle 's theory that she could be family to JSY (aunt/niece?) and the reason why she left her forensic job to join DCK: not to spy but to help! 

 

On HJR, it seems that way indeed in episode 8: that he was following director Park but for me he's been so calm and detached that i can help but see him as a potential serial killer! :mrgreen: 

  

On 7/29/2019 at 9:57 PM, thistle said:

 

I do!  It's really making me think about "whodunnit" and about what will happen next.  

 

For me, a drama is just entertaining if I watch it and then forget about it until the next episode.  That's just okay.  But if a drama captures my attention so that I continue thinking about it during the week and I really follow on a thread like this one where we are all considering theories about what is going on, then that is a very good drama.  

 

By my standards, Watcher is very, very good.  

 

I don't know one network from another but I will say that Doctor John is also a very, very good drama (see my comment above).  I can't stop thinking about that one either.  And I think that it is very much worth recommending.

 

I'm the same, except that sometimes, when i don't enjoy a drama but can't quit (because bad writing/quality could be intoxicating too), i can start to obsess over it too! 

 

On 7/30/2019 at 2:20 AM, my0t1 said:

After reading everyone's insightful deductions, here are my two most probable suspects:

 

(1) Yeom Dong Sook

 

 

bebebisous33's profiling of the mastermind killer fits Yeom very well.  Although she's climbed up the ladder successfully and has become the commissioner.  I bet she wasn't well recognized before.  This is why she's still very mindful of KJM's impression of her. 

 

 

I think the fact that KJM gave her a C+ score in crime scene investigation course must have struck her badly.  She believes she's much smarter than everyone yet when people did not recognize this she began to have these twisted convoluted schemes and became the vigilante killing off bad guys that even the best detectives and prosecutors failed to catch.  She must have somehow gathered a group of minions who help her execute the killings. 

 

(2) The camera man/woman

 

 

I think this fits the camera man/woman's profile very well.  S/he feels small when s/he's in front of this group of star detectives.  This person became the silent "watcher" and found way to defeat them.  He began scheming evil plans and somehow Jang Hyung Koo, the missing police now found dead, noticed something strange.  JHK became his/her first victim.  Since then s/he became the vigilante killing off bad guys that the legal system fails to catch.

 

If the camera man is a guy, he could very well be the "Boyfriend".  If this person is a she, can she be Yeom Dong Sook the commissioner?

 

[EDIT] Actually i want to correct myself.  The camera man/woman can be the "Boyfriend" (who can either be a man or a woman) or Yeom.

 

I wonder if her scene with KJM wasn't less about her and more about him: even if she didn't get good grades, she still succeeded very well, so she was competent enough even without his approval. 

But the fact that she wanted to impress him shows how much a big name he was in the police department. He was a teacher at the police academy and the non official leader of the team. We didn't get much info about his past life before that and suddenly he got a lot of character development: KJM felt like the real owner of the episode, probably a way to get us attached to him in order to  make his death more impactful.     

 

On 7/30/2019 at 4:53 AM, thistle said:

We certainly have to watch for the unexpected.  The best place for someone to "hide" is in plain sight by simply being "not noticeable" enough to pay attention to.  This is one of the reasons I have suspicions about SY.  She's always there, she's always helpful, she never intrudes, and the others simply accept her presence without question.

 

Here's a thought:  are SY and Yeom somehow related?  Mother and daughter?  Aunt and niece?  I really think that they could be working together.  We just don't know the connection yet.   

 

Doesn't YG say in the promo that they've fallen into a trap?  The unseen Watcher will undoubtedly be ready to spring that trap soon.  Usually something major happens in a drama when it passes the halfway point so its time for us to find out more and its time for our team to get into some sort of trouble.

 

.............and I just remembered something that stood out in episode 8.

It may mean nothing or it could mean something:  two people killed themselves in the gymnasium that now houses Investigations.  We heard that in the first episode, and this is (if I recall properly) only the second time it has been mentioned.  What if the dead officers decided to die as a result of an Investigations sting?  What if the dead officers were related to the Watcher? 

 

We just haven't had a thread to tie some circumstances together.  Could the suicides be that thread?

 

 

My impression is that JSY is too cute to be a threat though she's certainly hiding something: she was going to admit something to KYG at the hospital before she realized he wasn't in the bed and it was about the team. 

 

It feels like ep 1-8 were a complet arc with a conclusion that reversed everything that seemed to be true:

KYG has left DCK's side and wants to take revenge for his parents while he was completely against talking about his father at the start.

DCK is being suspected of murder while he was the leader of the anti corruption unit.

It's maybe enough to dismantle the unit.

HTJ has become the voice of the reason while she seemed the most unstable of the group psychologically.

 

So i'm expecting the second part of the drama to be an even more wild ride, very hard to guess! B)

 

And i agree about the gymnasium: it can't be a coincidence that so many people are making comments about how easy it would be to die here with no one noticing. For me It will play a part in the future twists, if not in the finale episode.     

 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry about Kim Jae Myung and even more sorry about Young Goon.

Do Chi-Gwang and Kim Jae Myung were manipulated but I wonder how they did not clarify the information about phone call by now. It was not in the trial?

Deputy Commisioner Park looks suspicious right now, he set up Kim Jae Hyung and Chi Gwang (to talk like he said ?!) and he is desperate to find the ledger but I don`t think he is the cop who cut the thumb. The killer is more athletic but Park could be involved in the corruption 15 years ago. The corruption in the Police cuts deep. He could be the mastermind.

 

I was looking at the picture with the Anticorruption squad from the past. Someone messed with the team really bad. Two are dead, one is framed with six murders, two are at odds with each other. Even now, that person is one step ahead of them. Who took the picture? Is was Park, their former leader or there is another member of the squad we don`t know about it?

 

 Yeom Dong-Sook is suspisious too. It is something about her that put me on allert. Maybe she is just very ambitious and I don`t trust her at all but I hope my gut feeling is wrong.

I also find the theory that Jo Soo-Yeon could be her spy plausible. Let see if there is a connection between Soo Yeon and comissioner Yeom.

 

Little by little our team is getting closer to the truth. I can`t wait to watch more episodes.

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, larus said:

Do Chi-Gwang and Kim Jae Myung were manipulated but I wonder how they did not clarify the information about phone call by now. It was not in the trial?

 

So many important infos are missing! This drama is a true puzzle:o   

I don't get how it's possible that the two men never discussed it before: i can imagine that DCK never got the opportunity to interrogate KMJ after his arrest but like you said he should have mentioned the phone call at the trial. It was more evidences against KMJ.

Also KJM said to HTJ that DCK visited him few times in prison (did he mean only the two times that were shown on screen or did it happen more often?), so clearly the two men had opportunities to ask each other all those questions they had in their confrontation of ep8.

How does it come that DCK never questioned the reasons for KMJ  to kill his wife? Even if he was a corrupted cop, murder is on another level, especially the murder of his own family!:blink:  He seems to have just jumped on the possibility that KMJ was the murderer, and hide the evidence to make sure that the jacket would be found.   

 

Also their conversation at the anti corruption unit office was pure madness: they presented two absolutely different versions of the events:crazy:

For DCK, KYG's mother was dead and KYG hiding in the bathroom when he arrived at the appartment. 

For KMJ, his family was sleeping and someone that he thought all those years to be "DCK" woke them. Probably making noise to threaten them? But when he left his house for some unknown reasons (maybe because he was lured out by someone else?),  his wife was alive. And he left before DCK made his phone call which was answered by the killer.  

That's the only part where i believe that both were telling the truth. The murderer was watching the flat and went in to trap KMJ for the murder of his wife. But then, why not kill him? Because he was a cop? Detective Jang didn't get this chance and i wonder why.  

But the biggest question is obviously why kill him now?

 

During the phone call, DCK said that people were hurt because he trusted KJM: who are those people? Is it Detective Jang? 

 

Duing their discussion,  when KMJ started to explain what happened when he left the appartment, he seemed to remember something but his voice broke and he changed subject: he started talking again about Deputy commissioner Park and how he convinced both of them to meet by telling to each of them lies.

Then DCK offered him to tell him everything in exchange of his own and complete  truth and he was literally on the verge of tears when saying this. He said he wanted  to protect others officers from being disrupted like they were, even if it was too late for KJM and himself. That's when KMJ seemed to realize that he had the wrong guy, stopped threatening him with his gun and left the room without a word as if he was in shock.         

Was DCK too in shock? It's only after few hours that he thought about going after him to his house to ask more questions.

 

I really like the scene in the interrogation room:  DCK looked defeated, hurt and betrayed and couldn't help but stare at the glass. :tears:

When he stood up and came next the glass, did he know that HTJ was the one behind?  I wonder if t this scene has a symbolic meaning or was it just an aesthetically powerful shot?

The last time she watched him in the interrogation room, he was the most brilliant man in the room: using his impressive and efficient psychological techniques to scare PSY, but now he looked like a lost man.:tears:

 

I can't wait for tomorrow: this week seemed interminable!

 

  giphy.gif

Credit: taeng_1109

 

giphy.gif

Credit: taeng_1109

 

 

giphy.gif

Credit: 10v_v12

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I don't get how it's possible that the two men never discussed it before: i can imagine that DCK never got the opportunity to interrogate KMJ after his arrest but like you said he should have mentioned the phone call at the trial. It was more evidences against KMJ.

Also KJM said to HTJ that DCK visited him few times in prison (did he mean only the two times that were shown on screen or did it happen more often?), so clearly the two men had opportunities to ask each other all those questions they had in their confrontation of ep8.

 

I think in real life that was not possible specially since Kim Jae Myung said all the time that he is innocent. At fist, I thought Young-Goon`s father confessed the crime to protect his son but he did not. He was framed and he knew it and said it. I also thought that he said that Chi-Gwang visited him more times in prison. Maybe they did not really talk, like a sincere talk between buddies because their trust in each other was broken, but that little information that was kept by ChiGwang is just the writer `s plot to move thinks forward to the right direction in the present.  Maybe it will be more clear when we find out more information about Chi Gwang. How and why he put the jacket on the washing machine. The circumstances are important for the bigger picture. Then we can explain why he did not say anything about the phone call. 

 

One thing is sure. The baddie mastermind  knew how to disband the team. Divide and conquer. When you start to mistrust your friends/colleagues, don`t trust anyone anymore.

The new anticorruption team is not strong. Young Goon and Tae Joo are suspecting Chi Gwang. I hope they will talk (even confront each other) and discover new elements/ evidence that will make them trust their leader. If the team is weak, they can`t catch the mastermind.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...