Quantcast

On 7/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

It was so obvious Jae-Shik was the one that intimidated Song-Yi at the parking lot!:P

So true:sweatingbullets:

It was so obvious that nobody: writer and director tried to hide it. Even HTJ confessed as soon as KYG accused her and her bodyguard as if she was relieved to tell the truth.

I think she was very conflicted about putting another "innocent" woman in the same situation of fear for her life that she experienced and for the same reasons (the victim refused to share informations).

I think she wasn't comfortable too about ordering Jae Shik to do something illegal. The poor guy was so clearly anxious about going to jail.  I felt bad for him! 

But it was a spectacular writing for HTJ: the writer is making this iron lady more and more an extreme character, probably because it will help to catch the killer who has the same focused mindset.

It's a nice parallel with DCK who is written as being more and more suspicious and secretive, which is also similar to the killer.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I just love how bad@$$ Lawyer Han walks & the intro theme cues along with the titleB)  

giphy.gif

Credit: ilchodo 

On 7/28/2019 at 8:35 AM, triplem said:

1. DCK is not the thumb cutter- he won't be exposing the burial site if he was. Unless in a completely twisted plot - he wants them to be found out.  But strangely thumb cutter only killed the thugs but not TJ and Park - both officers of  the law. 

I so agree!  

I get the feeling that the killer didn't want at all to be found, considering the place where he buried the bodies.

DCK exposed him in a very brilliant intuitive move by pointing the place as being a good spot for hiding crimes.

It's a low key but still rather violent hunt between them. 

2. KJM ( YG's dad ) did not kill his wife. He keeps saying he did because he wants YG to hate him and stay away from him. That is the best way he can protect YG . He was put in jail during some corruption case  15 years ago. He likely knows a lot and would put YG at risk .

The scene in the bathroom's jail where he was training/forcing himself to repeat that he killed her totally convinced me.

The members of the commission even emphasized that he denied his responsability in this murder all those years (which makes me wonder even more  what are the  evidences except KYG's testimony that got him condemned, did HTJ  really messed up the case?)!

His eye contacts with KYG during the meeting was heartbreaking :bawling:

YG did great barging into DCK's interrogation and getting Commissioner Yeoung to green light the team's continued involvement in the case. Does it seem suspicious that DCK's immediate boss does not want the team to continue and wants KJM to get his parole so that the ledger remains safe? 

That's a move that made me drop my suspicions about the commissioner and intensifies the ones i have about DCK's chief.

Will try to watch live and give simple recaps tonight.

Thank you! :)

I will look for it!

22 hours ago, sheelatpsfm said:

I didn't expect Young Goon to bring his dad back to his house. As he said, he wants to watch him to make sure he don't do anything bad as he still don't trust his dad. 

I hope it's not his only reason: i hope he wants too to rekindle his relationship with his father. 

I'm rooting for them now i'm sure KJM didn't kill his wife and they lost all those years for nothing.:tears:

But i really fear for his life :(

22 hours ago, pyeongsaeng said:

I'm still not sure what's the motive of the thumb killer and the common trend among the victims. So far, most of them are criminals and all of them got killed. But then we have PSY and TJ who had their thumbs cut but were not killed. And most recently in Ep07 - one of the detectives in the elite team of 5 who was killed but his thumb not cut. The killer seems to be rather organised and skilled, and seemed to have planned much beforehand, but these anomalies add more confusion to the mix. Are they slip-ups, or people who just happened to get in his/her way of fulfilling their purpose?

I think Detective Jang  who is probably the older crime was his first killing: something he did under the fear to be exposed. He didn't think about it much beforehand and was more under the pressure to hide the body, not to enjoy the killing.

But the rest of the men were a mix of opportunity and like HTJ said a taste for torturing and killing that he developped progressively over the years. He slowly convinced himself because he was not taking many risks:  the victims were criminals and the investigations of their disappearance easily all lead to dead ends; and because he was getting ride of bad guys that the society wanted to condemn anyway. So he could argue that it was actually an economy made fo everyone  by not spending ressources in an investigation and a trial, and using public money for years to keep them in jail.

He made also a profit of all those crimes by manipulating their families and closed ones. 

What a level of cynism and opportunism! He's a true monster: intelligent and devoid of any empathy.

After watching DCK being interrogated for the death of OSD: i feel again it's JHR. Maybe because he's the only one who goes always head to head with DCK. He leads too the investigation in many of the disappearances leading them to nowhere.        

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

That was an interesting episode.

YG and SY should have more scenes together.

They're a good team.

• Like 6

Pics for episode 8! 

The first one made me so happy! Father and son together again! :heart:

67262996_2375823909132701_35128831633344

67061435_2375823959132696_59667330992103

67528259_2375824035799355_22276522534166

Spoiler

67135980_2375823835799375_32050980244223

Spoiler

67135980_2375823835799375_32050980244223

Spoiler

67779047_2375823845799374_65693812420750

Spoiler

67494892_2375823999132692_25431911955725

Spoiler

66898418_2375824155799343_16427518388370

Spoiler

67231278_2375824115799347_29540108389790

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 7/24/2019 at 9:41 PM, thistle said:

Tell LO that I, for one, have never met anyone from this thread.  ^_^  I'm just an old hermit from the American South, and I rarely even leave my house (just because I prefer being alone).  The people who know me (there are very, very few who do) would be shocked to know that I watch Asian dramas and post on forums.  :o  And if you met me, you wouldn't believe it either!  :lol: 

One of the things I really love about the people who post here is that their views are often so different than mine because their lives and their experiences are obviously very different so I enjoy hearing why people disagree.  I learn so much from everyone, and that makes me really happy.  (So that's me saying thank you to all the posters!)

It's really sweet that you have someone to be jealous for you!  LO sounds like "a keeper" (in other words, someone you should never let go of).

...........Really enjoying reading everyone's theories about who is the Big Bad and who isn't.  There are several characters I just don't trust, including the high-ranking woman cop (don't know her name).

I have just started watching this drama therefore I am still behind. However, I have the feeling that commissioner Yeom DS could be the main villain. She looks pretty suspicious to me. We heard in the first case that the cop wanted to act like the hero, while he was in fact committing a crime. Using a case in order to embellish his reputation and climb up the ladder... In the episode 5, YDS's reputation and ambition were mentioned and reminded me of the first case. Furthermore remember that DCK agreed only to investigate recent corruption crimes and not past cases and it is important because it looks like YDS is the one who might have profited the most. First, she is not in the picture but this doesn't mean that she was not involved back then. Besides, she is more powerful than the prosecutor JHR and PJW. In fact, DCK suffered the most as he was outcast by other police officers: he arrested his colleague aso. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

That was an interesting episode.

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet.  Instead, I thought I'd wait until the subs for today's episode came out, too, so I'll have a two episode Binge Watch.  :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Omg. I mixed up the time . I just started after missing half hour :open_mouth:

YG & dad was having some sort of disagreement at home . YG took out all the stuff dad had bought in the fridge . Told that to sleep in the hall , threw him a blanket.  He went out in a huff . And went out after receiving a call

DCK talking to a cab driver who was his informant. The cab driver had drove YG’s dad somewhere before that . Also flashback of intense scene btwn dad & DCK , with DCK frisking him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Jang picking his daughter from somewhere. A young man ( informant ) shows him a picture of a man. I hear Tae Joo’s name being mentioned , maybe it’s someone she’s also investigating 

Dad made breakfast, was a little worried about YG not willing to eat , YG says just pass me the rice . They ate together.  Dad ask YG how to use something in the phone . Dad tied YG’s shoes & put it conveniently for him . Dad trying hard to make up for lost time. ( This is the emotional hook I hv been waiting for in this drama ) , he even walk YG downstairs. 

YG goes see TJ in the office . I hear dad’s name & Park’s name being mentioned. YG shows her a contact he has on the phone . She asked him if DCK knows about it . There’s something YG is investigating that CK is not aware of? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Dad making side dishes at home . DCK boss calls him . Think they are suppose to meet . Oh man , I don’t like this - Dad took a gun he had hidden in the fridge & checks his phone & go out 

Jang goes to TJ office . Trying to suss out Jae Sik , wants info from him about what Tj has been doing . Blackmails him with a pic of a young boy ( bro or Son ) which got our cool bodyguard all worked out . 

TJ & YG are at the shady Pharmacist. They talk for awhile before pharmacist passed them a silver brief case . The duo got into the car & drove off 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Dad actually went to the station & found his way to the team’s room . No one around . He sees the mind map of the investigation . He also opens YG drawer & took out the photo of the 5 cops from the past . 

TJ & YG had actually gone to Park who had went into hiding. The brief case was money for him , TJ asked him for a name . Maybe she wants to know who is killer or has the ledger . 

oh oh ! Dad waits for DCK to come to the office , photo on the table. Both men have a cool but tensed  chat . 

Meanwhile , Park does not seem to be cooperating. Points gun at TJ 

At the same time , DCK ask dad - where’s the ledger ? Dad is like don’t know - points gun in anger at DCK 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Now I worries our bodyguard would do something stupid  :cry:, I need to watch 2 episodes together today to know what happen  , but I couldn’t  help look at this clip :joy:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

YG stands in front of TJ & talks to Park. Flashback of Park taking a bag with gun & money from a locker . Who is backing him up ? 

Dad continues to point gun at DCk , they continue their tense conversation ( need subs ) . Dad takes hand cuff out from DCK jacket & throw on table . I hear DCK bringing YG up . 

TJ starts to negotiate with Park . Think Park said something dad caused YG to get worked up . park mentioned something related to YG dad . 

Dad & YG still in their stand off & flashback to the night in the rain with CK at the payphone . Finally , dad put down gin & walk away 

Jang walks in on YG etc , and shoots Park . YG checks to see if Park still alive , ask SY to send cops & drives off . 

jang checks the bag of money - decides to knock himself unconscious.  at first , TJ cuffed him & decided to take the bag away . But heard cops downstairs. Then she uncuffed him, throws bag & pretend to do cpr to save him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Dad goes home looking for something. Gets a call from the DCk boss 

...then YG was driving home , ambulance downstairs . He sees DCK hurt carried out in a stretcher . YG rushes up . SY tried to stop him - dad dead all bloody in the bath tub . I’m so sad ! 

TJ at morgue - another dead body with thumb cut 

Commissioner Yeon making a press conference 

Jang interrogating DCK , asking him what happened. His boss also came in. Honestly what the heck is happening? Did he kill YG dad.  TJ came over.  She talks to the boss outside . DCK stands and looks through the window straight at her 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

dad dead all bloody in the bath tub

:crazy: huhhhh what. Oh no! :( 

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

DCK stands and looks through the window straight at he

This guy! :angry: darn suspicious! 

YG is destined to have a pretty bad life... @Lawyerh let’s cry together.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Posted (edited)

YG was supposed to be in the hospital resting ( as he was injured  , SY came to look for him , he had left . He went back to the apartment which had been cordoned off.  ( urggh  my stream froze ) 

- sorry trying to reboot my stream - not working. 

Oh my gosh .  I’m very sad. I wanted Father & Son to reconcile , and now it seems DCK may have killed him ( though I don’t think so ) but they are purposely not showing what transpired btwn the two men in YG’s house . 

Edited by triplem
  • Sad 7

What a turn!! But I still believe DCK to be a good guy... 

Thanks @triplem for the recaps. Won't be able to watch subs till much later tomorrow. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

- sorry trying to reboot my stream - not working.

OMG the last scene was KYG returning to his appartment and now his memory has changed completely: instead of his father with a knife, he sees DCK staring at him with a devilish smile after stabbing his mother!:scream: 

• Sad 5

Honestly...I’m still taking the fact that DCK is the killer with a grain of salt...I feel that it’s not as simple and up front as we might think..I honestly don’t think ocn is like this...

@triplemI feel that the story is trying to boast YG revenge level to continue his story. I honestly think they are going through that route. Using hatred as his weapon.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

What a turn!! But I still believe DCK to be a good guy... 

No way he's the killer!

He's been trapped but everyone is against him! Even the team! :bawling:  

• Sad 7

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

OMG the last scene wa KYG returning to his appartment and now his memory has changed completely: instead of his father with a knife, he sees DCK staring at him with a devilish smile after stabbing his mother!:scream: 

Nooooo . I don’t want that . Urghh. I’m so heart broken tonight. Dad died & DCK whom I thought can’t be the one is raising too much suspicion.

@ktcjdrama very skeleton type recaps unfortunately but today’s turn of events was shocking. 

@sushilicious yup. Both his parents died there protecting him all the way . I wanna cry 

let’s wait for subs. a lot is said which may clue us in . 

I still don’t think DCK is the big bad wolf here 

Edited by triplem
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2