[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

larus

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

It seems Sooyeon is a plant, just who is listed on her phone as 'boyfriend'? 

I still like her. I know that she is in the team to keep an eye on Do Chi-Gwang and the others. Probably she has connection with Yeom Dong-Sook but I feel like she is genuine. She is a good observer and helps the team. Probably that`s what a spy has to do, gaining the trust of the others but I think she will do the right thing in the end. Let see if I can read people well. I like to see the good in people/characters and sometimes I get burned. :)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahhha... Mr. Bodyguard so being cool and clueless.

And amazing, Lawyer Han's composure, she's just chill eventhough her entire office is destroyed. :crazy:

Mr. Do and YG had to really choose her office as venue of their showdown match ? gosh guys.

They were hurling each other across the room and hitting each other with furniture and stuff and all Mr. Do ever got was a small scratch on his chin. :P

8 hours ago, thistle said:

I thought it was a tracker.  :unsure:  But maybe I've got it wrong.  

Earlier DCK had described the ledger as "thumb-sized" (if the translator got that right and EWWW! icky when you compare the other thumbs in this drama), so I thought that it would possibly be an old-style memory stick if YG's dad hid it years ago.  But I also remember YG's dad "palming" something (hiding it in his hand) when he was being searched the day he went to the charnal house.

It's sure that you're wrong !

look carrefully, it's a card sim not a tracker

and the prevew we see YG is reading many files  and he calles someone and said " I found it"

GM gave it to his son, he told to YG to tie the shoes bc he knows one day

YG will find it out, he knows his son is smart 

Guys! OMG! Daebak!

I really don't know what to say.. I was like practically jumping out from my chair the moment the camera was detected by YG. All along it wasn't her boyfriend. We finally found PROOF.. SHE is definitely the SPY.. But who is working for? Commissioner? My mom is guessing could be the commissioner who  was the one sent her in the first place. 

And then the big bomb came when he was about to leave his house. My mom and I was talking, why from ep9, they keep showing his shoes. Dont know what made him to check inside the soles of his shoes. 

I was like oh no, why YG and DCK fighting but at last, the suspicion has been cleared and YG has mentioned that he was told practically by most people to distrust DCK. WHY? Cos they don't want him to work with DCK and make DCK as the bad guy. 

DCK also admitted that he made false evidence. 

Oh my! Oh my! Now have to wait for ep11 and looks like YG is attacked could be the killer. It looks like his home in the ep11 preview. 

12 minutes ago, diane90 said:

It's sure that you're wrong !

look carrefully, it's a card sim not a tracker

and the prevew we see YG is reading many files  and he calles someone and said " I found it"

GM gave it to his son, he told to YG to tie the shoes bc he knows one day

YG will find it out, he knows his son is smart 

Ya, I think ur right. When think about it, it looks like a simcard. 

Don't tell me that YG dad put it there and its the ledger? 

I just watched the episode 10 and I can`t wait to see the next episodes.

I just knew that Kim Jae Myung did not let the ledger to Baek Song Yi. I always thought that he left somewhere for his son to find.

I know that Chi-Gwang did not do anything to Baek Song Yi but somehow it did not occure me that he made such a plan. But I do wonder why he looked precisely at the bathroom drain and still did not realised it. There were lots of clues. :lol:

Chi-Gwang did confessed that he put the jacket on the washing machine to incriminate Kim Jae Myung. It is wrong,all right. He was convinced that he was the guilty one and wanted to catch him. Of course he feels so guilty now.

They will find the ledger, arrest some people but I think they won`t catch the killer yet. And the killer is attaching Young-Goon too.

It was confirmed what everyone of us suspected, that Soo Yeon is the spy put by a higher up to spy on the anti corruption team but I still maintain my oppinion that she is not a bad person. She is a newbie who was used. She cares about the team now. She deserves a second chance.

One more thing...

I find Chi-Gwang funny because he is not a talker and every time he tells everyone to cut to the chase.:D He took the card from Park Jin Woo to look in the Han Tae Joo`s office for the ledger knowing well she doesn`t have it. He entered the office and did nothing but he told Park that he is working on it. :lol:

I am now super duper curious who the “boyfriend” is....

Just to call someone who can get her out of the handcuffs, or to inform “boyfriend” that DCK and KYG are meeting upstairs... but why the urgency to get out of handcuffs or to inform about the meeting? Is she already suspecting something bad might happen with the meeting? 

Image result for are you human korean drama gif

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here! I just wanted to share this. He's so CUTE.

(Are you Human) :bawling::wub:

Edit: This does not belong to me! credit to owner!

Edit2: I love Watcher drama! So much mystery. Everyone is so interesting. And I am curious about their lives. :wub:

Edit3: I'm still learning names. I wrote them in my notebook! :D 

Edit4: You are so funny @Ameera Ali I love your gifs. I'm laughing so hard.

Repost

5d47fe0fd4083732766062.gif?download

credit @Ameera Ali

Hi! well... 

Clever Dad putting the ledger inside of the trainers! I thought they were just going to use them as an emotional link and that the ledger (as @thistle also thought, am I right?) would be in the steamed eggs(drool much! I love korean steamed eggs :P).

More evidence that DC Park is our big bad: throughout the series he is always quoting ideas about Cassandra (don't bring bad news), living happily ever after(from this episode), etc. which fits the killer who wants to know about humanity***. 

RE: JSY. She mentioned in ep9 that the person who put her on the team told her not to get involved emotionally. I still think we need more of her back story... it doesn't seem like she is being blackmailed in anyway, which makes me suspect that she was made to believe that DCK is shady. I also think that DCK has known for a while that she is a mole... he knows the password to her laptop which makes me think he snoops on her and would have found the video files.

I'm afraid that HTJ is being played... she is *SO* on it that I feel the writers need to give her some conflict soon to ensure that the final payoff for her character arch will be worth it. To this point (2/3) we have had the greatest amounts of conflict with our two male MCs but not many high stakes for her...

In the preview (start at 0:19), when KYG is being strangled, (I think) it is clearly a woman because of the height difference and build... of course it could be Yeom and that would throw my theory out... but LO thinks it is a man because of the amount of strength you would need to drag KYG and then get him hanging from the door like that (which supports my feeling that it is DC Park). 

*** I think the thumb is purely meant to reflect the difference between animals and humans(and monkeys) is the opposable thumb which allows us to make tools etc.

N6lJNGj.jpg

I snapped this photo of myself watching Watcher! I'm so excited!!! :D.

And I snapped a photo of Han Tae Joo(Kim Hyun Joo). She's walking up to us. She's gazing at us. Her beautiful hair. She looks so beautiful.

I snapped another photo of Han Tae Joo.

nWW5cwj.jpg

You can't see her. The words are hiding her beautiful face. I'm so in love with her! My girl crush! 

(I'm so sorry. These pictures are low-quality) :( :bawling:

I am trying to catch up! I promise! I have so many questions. Who is Prosecutor Lee? What happened to Han Tae Joo's husband? Why were they attacked?! This is getting so good!

There are quite a few solid shows on at the moment and this one is falling behind for me - not finding the characters or story interesting. I'm very much over the drama with the ledger to the extent I haven't managed to finish episode 10.

Will have to come back towards the end to see how you guys have found it

3 hours ago, anony12345 said:

There are quite a few solid shows on at the moment and this one is falling behind for me - not finding the characters or story interesting. I'm very much over the drama with the ledger to the extent I haven't managed to finish episode 10.

Will have to come back towards the end to see how you guys have found it

Not gonna lie, the show is starting to lose me too. It feels like we’ve gone through SO much, yet we’re still only at ep.10. I can’t wait to find the killer already. But I will give it another week, and they’d better reveal who “boyfriend” is. 

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Not gonna lie, the show is starting to lose me too. It feels like we’ve gone through SO much, yet we’re still only at ep.10. I can’t wait to find the killer already. But I will give it another week, and they’d better reveal who “boyfriend” is. 

I feel like it's trying to give off this vibe that it's complex/deep with all the dramatic music and scenes but so far nothing has suggested that. There's a ledger with bribes from the upper echelon and anytime someone tries to look into it they kill them. i mentioned it a few pages ago but I hate when they try and make one of the leads think the other lead did it for suspense when we as the audience know there's a 99% sure it's not true. There was absolutely zero tension for me when the two main ML's were in that room because it was never going to be that easy.

There's just not much substance or creativity to the story with the way it has unfolded so far to keep me interested personally which is a shame because I did like the original set up. Need to hope Justice doesn't also let me down.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

What do you think of this ? I was looking for the videos and watch from minute 1:25 when the husband came in , the killer's physique looks quite manly especially the way hit the husband

Agreed. The person who tortured HTJ and killed the organ trafficker is a man.

But I've had a niggling suspicion that there are multiple thumb killers(now). Never really wanted to air it because it seems too complicated.

Basically, that the mastermind (the original thumb cutter) now has a few others helping out... first KGW, then someone who cuts off the organ traffickers thumb, and then someone who strangles KYG... 

Why? KGW cut off SBG's thumb and then said he had a sunbae who "did some side jobs" and always asked "where does humanness come from"... and then the insistence by the pathologist that it is one killer... So because we are focused on finding one person we are missing the others... It would also allow either DC Park or Commissioner Yeom to be the main bad guy while not having to be the person who killed the organ trafficker or strangled KYG in ep11. (I do think the mastermind tortured and killed Dad... and HTJ).

---

@ktcjdrama and @anony12345... I get it. There is a sense of heavy shifting of interest between various characters. It is pretty ham-fisted the way they made everyone think it might be DCK. But, for me at least, that is how suspicion works. You start off with one person, you become convinced it is them, then the focus turns to the next person, all of which means that you miss the person who is really controlling the whole narrative.

The writer/PD are doing a massive information dump and hoping that the payoff will be worth it. And we've known since the relationship chart that it needs to be one of those seven characters, filling up ten episodes of 'who done it' when we have a grand total of seven options... well... it had better be worth it. If it turns out that the big bad is someone they bring in last minute then I'll throw my hands in the air in despair.

Archived