Quantcast

On 7/21/2019 at 1:32 AM, Ameera Ali said:

What a best team :joy:  

One in the prison

One is a  killer 

One look shady as hell 

One working for bad people 

Thank you for the comment and precious gif!

As much as the writer and director try to put up a smokescreen, for me this group is clearly at the heart of the events that happened 15 years ago and lead to HTJ's attack. One of them is the killer of her husband and KYG's mother and few of the others men in the pic know the truth or suspect it.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, sushilicious said:

The boyfriend is definitely suspicious, feel like the girl will be the third party who listens in and give information to her so called boyfriend. 

With everyone going dark even DCK: i wonder if contrary of what i thought she is not working for the bad guys but rather the good guys? I mean the real investigators of corrupted cops who seem strangely absent of this story.

Could the pretended "boyfriend" be her superior?

She came into DCK's team already formed and fully trained as proved by the fact that she succeeds in all missions given to her, so contrary to what was said to DCK (and he knew it), she wasn't sent to learn with him but to spy and collect evidences on him. He might be himself under investigations for his past deeds.

There's been few clues that she might be a real "watcher" of bad cops: when they met, KYG said that his previous unit was submitted to an investigation and she was fast to answer that they probably deserved the suspicions. When she was in charge to question the girl from the organ traffic's case, she said that the she was the real investigator and i think she meant it on all levels.

She seems to be a brilliant cop and was surely too a top student, so i can see what this kind of unit would recruit her. There's also the little discussion witH DCK about why she would want to work for this unit.

I noticed too how JSY was the one to catch him using the violence on the chaebol but didn't say a word, though she must have known that the camera was off. 

On 7/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, sushilicious said:

Feel like there something sinister that is with DCK, his good personality is a facade to his real personality. He is nothing but the same to all of those corrupted people

On 7/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, triplem said:

the drama keeps dropping hints that DCK is not whom we think he is . The chaebol junkie said “ I know who you are “ . Then the way he tried to get the guy to comply - - almost strangling him - that sent chills down my spine . I know it’s not unheard of for a bit of police violence to get the suspects to talk but the way DCK did it was somewhat  disturbing . DCK whom I initially felt was really keen in  bringing down corruption is getting harder to read. I can’t tell if he’s completely sinister but I believe he’s got some skeletons in his closet as well . I think that whole bunch of them in that photo that YG saw online have been covering something up . 

It's true that it was uncalled since the suspect was not  acting violently but he never used violence until now:  i think we were supposed to understand that he lose it because he thought a life of an innocent woman was at stake and that it broke something in his attitude and the limits he puts for himself.   

However i'm really worried because of the preview of ep6 which seems to unfold a complete new side of his personality :tears:

On 7/21/2019 at 7:30 AM, thistle said:

The last few minutes of this episode were crazy-making:  why is TJ trying to get killed?  Is this part of a plan?  What is going on?!

She's using herself as a bait to force JHR  to show his true nature.   

But the most shocking was how she got here: Did she get a text when the man who got the ledger was killed to confirm the death went as planned?:o

22 hours ago, larus said:

Han Tae Joo asked Kim Jae Myung to kill Oh Sang Do to have something to negotiate with Muil? WOW. She is swimming in dangerous waters. Let see if this will work and they will be a step further to catch the big bad man.

That's what i'm asking too!!!It's crazy! :crazy:

That was a level of manipulation and darkness that i never saw coming! :scream:

It's morally and legally criminal and very confusing for a woman who refused until now to go that far!

She's showing a level of ruthlessness and selfishness in order to reach her goal which makes me want to despair but i don't have enough tears in my body for that.:tears:

22 hours ago, larus said:

I noticed that Park Si Young worked for the police and he had the thumb cut just like Tae Joo. Probably by the same man.

I want to know what DCK and PSY discussed  outside HTJ's office. 

This man knows far more than he admits and DCK should be watching him.       

• Like 4
  • Insightful 6

Some quick thoughts before I livestream Ep06 soon.

I'm loving the mind games in this! When CK sent YG to ask TJ if they could use her office for the sting, TJ caught on that CK asked YG to mention Jang Hae-ryong to get her to agree more easily. The fact that CK knew how to make use of TJ's obsession with JHR to get her to agree + TJ herself catching on CK's idea - love the way they think.

As what many are saying here, TJ's intentions are the clearest of them all here. She only has that one goal, and she sure as hell is determined to get there. No matter how extreme her methods are, or whether it goes against the goal of the corruption investigation team.

Spoiler

Her talk about being on whichever side can give her what she wants + asking Muil's chairman to get JHR to kill her - I like how extreme she's willing to go haha, and how she looks more at the 'big picture', even if it means sacrificing herself.

CK/TJ's dynamics in the team is quite interesting to me. They're both in it for something (TJ saying 'we all have something we want' in Ep02 when they just formed the team). It's clear what TJ wants, but CK we still don't know. Even TJ was still asking what he wants in Ep05 (their convo in TJ's office), and it's hard to buy his 'nothing, just don't want anyone to die' response right now with so much suspicion against him haha.

And YG, he doesn't seem to play the mind games like the other two. So far he still follows CK/TJ's lead on ideas, basically being the action-taker. He still feels quite pure, being worried about TJ from the start till now. I felt his disappointment in Ep05 when he thought TJ was helping with the sting operation but she killed it and proposed a different proposal instead. I'll be waiting to see if he'll have more suspicions/other intentions instead. (There was that scene where he was looking down from his house at CK/TJ in the car in Ep03, where I wondered for a bit if he was becoming suspicious of them haha)

Other smaller points/questions:

- Prosecutor Lee Dong Yoon said that TJ's attacker was dead when she asked him in a cafe in Ep03. Wonder if it's true and if he did know who it was (well in any case, he's also dead so no use)

- So Jae-sik (TJ's bodyguard) was a debt collector in the past. No wonder TJ said he was good at finding people and asked him to help CK find Oh Sang Do's wife :joy:

- Soo-yeon's "boyfriend" is suspicious too. Jae-sik's observation seems spot on. Wondering if it could be the police contact who planted her in the investigation team to watch on them.

- Still unanswered qns from prev eps: CK putting stuff in the washing machine 15 years ago + Mr Kim's killer letting YG off

Awaiting Ep06! CK getting more and more suspicious. TJ's finding doubts about YG's dad murdering his mum, and YG saying 'Let's catch the murderer together.' - wondering if it's the start of an alliance between TJ + YG, against CK.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

Posted (edited)

Lol! I’m checking in to see if anyone is watching live & let us know what happened. 

I hv been checking some cuts on ig via this account. It seems the guy they were trying to save at the jail , escapes ...he threatened YG ...

..lol  why does he always lose an important suspect

and SY has to come to his rescue :mrgreen:

this is becoming a regular affair :lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Er okay. 

Im just jumping around, can’t remember everything I saw.

YG got to house, sprayed stuff on the floor wore glasses and they could see blood stains on the floor. Wife died. YG is affected by it.

So TJ & Bodyguard went to a pub where Junkie Chaebol is drinking. Said few words head to bathroom, DCK comes attempts to talk to him. TJ comes back. They talked. DCK left. Then the husband of the missing wife kidnapped Junkie and drives to the location where the husband force junkie to dig the spot where they buried his wife. Wife is dead. Husband cries. Junkie took this time to smack husband in the head with the shovel. Runs. Husband chased. Team comes, they chased. Husband stand off with junkie. YG intervenes. Tries to calm husband down only to have DCK shot him dead.  YG went home bloodied called TJ alliance. Meanwhile they found another body. (Might be mistranslation but I heard it’s not a Korean?)

Preview TJ looks suspicious. YG talks to his dad. YG’s father points a gun at DCK.

edit. 

Back in the pub, junkie and TJ talking. DCK far enough to see him talking on the phone (the figure). Junkie told TJ that it’s him. DCK went to meet his father before.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

@triplem i watched live and here my recap: i couldn't write and watch at the same time because the episode was too fast paced.

Sorry for the level of details! :sweatingbullets:

Ep 6 picks up at the same place as ep 5 ended with HTJ continuing her negociation with the CEO of MUIL.

Enters PSY: he leaves with HTJ

They go at the hospital to see OSD and she notices his thumb.  She meets briefly DCK.

OSD is alive!! The team was aware of a possible attack and gave him a protection vest. 

DCK and KYG arrest PSY.

DCK handcuffs PSY in a violent way to force him to release a knife.

DCK and KYG split: DCK has a small discussion with PSY while waiting for more officers to take him to the police station.

While KYG's mission is to send  back OSD to jail but he escapes during the trip and leaves KYG handcuffed in his car in a remote place 

JSY brings a new vid to DCK showing that KJM (KYG's father) is the one who stabbed OSD in jail. 

DCK goes to jail to confront KJM and they talk about HTJ .

JSY comes to help KYG and once he's free from the cuffs, they go to OSD's home. 

KYG remembers what the bodyguard said about the rug and they start to search under it.

JSY sprays something on the floor and they wear special glasses that reveal that there's blood everywhere in the room. Someone was killed here.  

HTJ goes to a club with her bodyguard: she has a long discussion with the chaebol and DCK joins them. JSY calls DCK to keep him udpated about the last discovery in OSD's house. He's demoralized and suspicious that OSD might be in the club: he goes to check the stairs.  

RHJ is eating in a restaurant when he receives a text and then a call.

While DCK is away, OSD kidnapped the chaebol in front of HTJ: DCK tried to chase him but lose him outside the club and comes back to check on HTJ. They talk again and she leaves with her bodyguard. 

DCK is in the office of the commissioner and apologizes but she doesn't seem angry?

At the team's office, KYG seems defeated: enters DCK who at first can not talk to him. He's moved by his reaction. But then they talk about the case until KYG leaves. 

He goes back home and meets HTJ waiting for him in the front of the door. They talk inside his house. It’s their conversation about how his memory could have been influenced.

PSY is questioned by JSY but she got nothing from him. DCK is watching them behind the glass.

HTJ and KYG joins him and the 3 have a discussion.

DCK switches places with JSY and finish the interrogation of PSY. He mocks him a lot which seem to put a big pressure on him.

The strategy seems to be working until his lawyer arrives and frees him. PSY exchanges few words with HTJ and KYG before leaving.

The team follows him at the entrance of the building where he’s taken forcefully in a car by men wearing suits. 

He escapes them while the team watches and then go back to the team.

DCK and HTJ talks in front of the lift

DCK cuffs PSY and takes him to jail i presume. The rest of the team follow them in another car.

DCK stops the car under a tunnel  and frees PSY. PSY shows him his thumb and says something. He tries to leave but DCK uses his gun to stop him and calls him after he walks few meters. They talk on the phone and then DCK let him go. The rest of the team join DCK and they go after OSD.    

OSD is in a remote place with his hostage: he orders him to dig with a shovel. 

He finds a body: OSD's wife. While OSD is crying over her body, the chaebol escapes. OSH chases him. 

The team arrives at the location and find the body. They are all shocked. 

JSY calls the forensics while KYG and DCK go after the suspects. KYG finds him first and tries to calm him before he kills the chaebol but OSD threatens him with his rifle and DCK who just arrived at the scene, shots and kills OSD to KYG's dismay and shock.

KYG is really angry against DCK: the two men have few confrontations while the police and medics take care of the crime scene. 

DCK's chief goes to visit KYG's father in jail.  

KYG is back at his home: he cleans himself from the blood and calls HTJ for a short conversation.

JSY stayed at the crime scene where the body of the wife of OSD was found to help the forensics and she's shocked to discover more bodies. She calls DCK to inform him of this new twist. He was back at the office: disturbed and thinking again about the events of the day, especially how he killed OSD. It's the mirror scene with the gun. YSJ's call chases his dark thoughts and leave him too in shock.           

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5

Pretty sure...Trailer a shot of two man on the ground one of them is YG or it looks like him. Then TJ comes over. TJ is the suspicious one now. We are like playing some roulette..so what? Are we gonna get YG next? Lol 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

edit: Thanks for the recaps!!! 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, titania1000 said:

I love to read your comments about your mother's interest for this drama. It's so rare to see people willing to watch with subs. 

General consensus is that Seo Kang-joon is too beautiful to be a cop. :wub:

My mother loves it but can't remember anyone's name (Old cop, handsome cop, Lawyer, etc). Subs don't seem to be a problem for her, she can follow the basic goings on. She might not watch all the way through because she has to go online, which is not her thing really.

Loved one is LOVING it--though also struggling to keep up with names. He has lots of thoughts including: Did Dad really kill Mom, b/c it seems too obvious? Who else did 'hottie cop'(his phrase) see get killed... mentioned in ep 1. and who is Inspector Jang who is missing(ep 5)... he thinks, and I agree, that this could be our real baddie... he also thinks that Dad is running a ring of corrupted cops/or similar inside the jail--which I agree with too.

We've agreed that there should be no romance; that Jo Soo-yeon might be the mole (who is her boyfriend??? LO wants to know why he isn't "Oppa"); and that Jang Hae-ryong will end up helping out for a bit and eventually will get killed during a sting.

Final note from LO. He thinks that since I am older than 'hottie cop' I can't call him that... which is cute. B)

Cannot wait for subs on ep 6... 

• LOL 7

this is suspicious roulette. When you think that one is person is the suspicious something else happens and other person becomes the most suspicious. 

I honestly don't know if we should trust anyone.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

40 minutes ago, joccu said:

I honestly don't know if we should trust anyone.

We can only trust Bodyguard Jae Sik. ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

27 minutes ago, thistle said:

We can only trust Bodyguard Jae Sik. ;)

Yes , we can’t trust anyone, specially her  :joy: :phew:

8334FBCE-B46E-4A96-94C1-06AE02A1134B.gif

57F1DDF7-8B76-47B5-828B-3ED3A7CDEC22.gif

• LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yes , we can’t trust anyone, specially her  :joy: :phew:

Thank goodness, Bodyguard Jae Sik knows what she is up to!  He will save the day!  :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, thistle said:

Thank goodness, Bodyguard Jae Sik knows what she is up to!  He will save the day!  :D

But isn’t hilarious, he end taking her money , not coming back with a coffee  :joy:  

Spoiler

EB7BDA3A-665E-4548-A321-B92F34D304D5.gif

5409FC54-E0FB-47EC-89BB-9418AFAD0415.gif

7443304E-D17C-4021-82EA-3DC1E7531135.gif

4D9D9F03-C306-4678-93B7-9A398A6F25E2.gif

Him

0037879C-FC40-4EC0-A8A0-6DEB9D840FB4.gif

• LOL 6

1 minute ago, Ameera Ali said:

But isn’t hilarious, he end taking her money , not coming back with a coffee  :joy:  

He's good at collecting loans, so maybe she owes him something.  :D

• LOL 6

Things are getting intricate. I love it! 

But there are some production stuff bugging me. Putting in spoiler because some might not like it being pointed out. 

Spoiler

- Why was there a gun at the back seat of the car where Oh used to sit? 

- The part where Jo is digging and found buried bodies can never be done by human hands. Note the straight dug wall. 

- I thought Jo only spray the floor with luminol, but they could see blood stains on sofa and stairs too? Basically the whole room?

YG once again lost someone he needs to keep watch on and it resulted in death. He is definitely not the watcher in the title Watcher. :sweatingbullets:

Up till now, I still have full faith in DCK even though he is being shown as shady. One encounter with Chairman Jung does not mean he is his man.

But argh! Has the SK police never been trained to shoot arms or legs to disarm a criminal?? Why one killing shot to the heart?? (side-eyeing Children of Nobody too)

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 5

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But there are some production stuff bugging me.

I noticed all of those, too, and I wondered about them.  Especially 

Spoiler

the digging.  There were obviously body parts sticking out of the wall and no one noticed?!  Even when she was standing just inches away, she didn't see?  She only found out when she took a couple of steps back?  Does NOT make sense. 

And I don't think I even have to mention what it would SMELL like with multiple dead bodies there.  Those cops are digging without even face masks?  Impossible.

Once an opossum died under my house.  Even after we removed the carcase, the house was uninhabitable for several days due to the stench and I had to stay elsewhere for the duration.  That was one small dead animal and it was removed.  Stink was still unbearable.  I'll never forget it.   So exactly how foul will multiple rotting human bodies smell?  Believe me, no one could miss the fact that they were there.

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But argh! Has the SK police never been trained to shoot arms or legs to disarm a criminal?? Why one killing shot to the heart?? (side-eyeing Children if Nobody too)

Come Here and Hug Me had a leg shot:  got him right in the knee, and then the actor forgot to limp in later scenes.  :blink:  Someone with a blown kneecap would have a serious straight-leg limp but never mind.  But, yeah, Children of Nobody--that kill shot was bad.  I was furious at the way they tied that storyline up and I'm still not over it but never mind that, too.

Definitely a bit too convenient that the guy got shot and died without revealing the whereabouts of the ledger but I think that there has been a big clue about where it is.  In Oh's apartment when everything was all covered with fingerprint dust and completely messy, there was one very obvious item that was clean as a whistle, and it didn't have blood stains from the Luminol spraying either.  When the clean-up team came in, I was literally screaming at the screen:  I know where it is!  You need to get the ledger now or they are gonna throw it away!!!  But, you know what, I also think that the clean up team probably works for the Big Bad Guy and they are there to comb for the ledger one more time.  I wonder if they'll find it?  :P

Anyone else thinking the same as me?  The ledger is.....

Spoiler

hidden in the wedding picture.

That's what I'd bet money on anyhow.  But now I've said it, it probably is somewhere else.  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

Soo-Yeon seem to be an ace at locating stuff. Turns out she used to work for the Forensics Unit. The sight of her shoveling was sort of a stretch for me LoL. I mean taking her small frame into consideration & in previous ep. she doesn't come across as a formidable person (shrug) And yet she was able to deduce the pile of bodies buried in a mass grave? K-Drama logic indeed;)

I'm LoL when she chided Young-Goon for firing a gun instead of simply honking:lol: I guess even the coolest, most experienced of cops get flustered too:P  

• LOL 6

They did it! 5.4%!:scream:

They broke the 5% ceiling!:glasses:

2UqFwcHrn6NEJtWx5kmMRu43CgsnwlarVKAduGhnxELNKCMg2EcC8Y4MN4axDRr3IangdwmxwxRxoBJjW2v2D5jibIycFeBuQplpQdLfNqJC3dn1AODm4lxyhPCu9AlKH-LAwwaEQuZGyoCEWPj2S0AA2OGOX_Hnofqz7xomWbBfXWfGJ4551CSlkfXpCUlgUL46l173_JopxIWuYAFS_IPScL8ATZb3eipSRaOVhosruTS3gcA6VDpngc5m9gHY5gq7d4_hfbqWDqDFZ-DU8cKfEO2f97fCQH9Klql9b8oQ0Vzmb4mhp_5Y46fyppFTIXPoWG9PGKi9AhYTCSKLidbv9Eu-ujehvEfOl6VlE_et3WRca95-NHbNCjA4RN30AaEPSZh_so1MJ5xsTqwfRVS1CZSE2Nncdau5CtGsucKIMaVJI-k-WJO9uqR9fhSLAiltPrEH7Vx15jvwUhTADl-KntcYrWonqyMk418BZl3cbAk8Zakqcm9Ej4i0e4z6BL121wQslUH6fLDGLj4iBbWH3ZsG5A1BTOMJudHGOFSx0HNFSmBEougScBiWfUtr2wPHFXGM8qh2a59Pisqz1Inrk8pPHjyk2UOwmcJbTWmaRItMlMNzXgMfkpD_33ZOly6jKjUAj9WzV97GP4H7PJmJf2kq2sQ=w576-h365-no

Those numbers are so pretty: they make me want to dance!

tumblr_o00w98Wd211tq4of6o1_500.gif

It's even more satisfying since ep6 is the best episode so far! Entertaining and compelling with a  lot of excellent twists!

Though i'm completely devastated by the betrayal! :heartbreak:

But i won't think about it just now: Life is good again!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

WOW! Many things happened and there were so many surprising turns and twists .

I still think Do Chi-Gwang is not the culprit that Tae Joo thinks he is but we`ll see.

Kim Jae-Myung is about to be released on parole and with him out things will get more interesting.

Everyone suspects the others. No one is spare in this drama. :D

I can not watch the next episodes but I am looking to read this thread. I am sure there will be lots of comments here. I catch up when I get back from my trip.  

I forgot to mention. I wonder if the body they found (the skeleton actually) is from that detective that has gone missing 15 years ago.  Do Chi-Gwang was asking Kim Jae Myung about him.

• Like 6