Quantcast

15 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Seems like the same man to which HTJ said in the preview for the next episode to do something for his son. Is he KYG's dad?

I think he is Young-Koon`s father. I wonder if the case of his father is done, if there is more to it.

Maybe he knows something about Tae Joo`s attacker.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, larus said:

I think he is Young-Koon`s father. I wonder if the case of his father is done, if there is more to it.

Maybe he knows something about Tae Joo`s attacker.

It's crazy: i assumed he was dead because everyone was talking about him in the past tense, so i'm shocked that he's alive.

I'm really intrigued: is he really the murderer and corrupted cop that everyone made him to be or has he been played by someone? Or did he assume the murder of his wife to protect his son?

I have this thrilling (for me) theory that it's the same guy who did it all: the murder of l KYG's mother and the attack against HTJ and her husband. 

But i don't know if it works if it's him, especially the timeline. I don't remember when HTJ was attacked. It seemed to be after KYG's mother died because she changed after that based on KYG's memory of her. So his father should have been in jail at that time...

This drama is a puzzle quite hard to do :persevere:      

• Like 9

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

I'm really intrigued: is he really the murderer and corrupted cop that everyone made him to be or has he been played by someone? Or did he assume the murder of his wife to protect his son?

This case is not that clear for me. Young Koon says his father killed his mother but it gave me the impresion that he did not witness the murder. He thinks that his father was the killer. I have to rewatch to be clear.

When Young Koon saw Cha Hoon`s father begging for his son`s life, it trigged a memory for Young Koon. His mother begged the killer to spare his son`s life. It doesn`t seem that she is asking her husband to spare the son`s life. I know that there are cases when men have kill their wife and children but often is followed by their suicide or their surrender. It was a moment of madness. I could not imagine Young Koon`s father, a cop, killing his wife in cold blood while she was begging him to spare their son`s life, he left his son hidding in the bathroom and run away. Something is not right.

And as we saw, Do Chi-Gwang found Young Koon in the bathroom. He was hiding and he was very scared. There was no other people at the crime scene.

I am sure that Do Chi Gwang and Han Tae Joo investigated the case and there were evidence that pointed Young Koon`s father as the culpit. Maybe he confessed too because he wanted to protect his son.There is a high posibility that the police officer that Tae Joo is searching is connected to that old case. We`ll see.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I need to check her other roles: she did a lot of romcom which is a genre that  i rarely watch but if she carries the same ultra competent vibe, poised grace, natural elegance and sophisticated style to her romantic roles, i'm willing to follow her here. :w00t:

1. What is happening to our family.. a very heartwarming family plot.. she acted as the eldest daughter.. super diligent PA to a big organization CEO

2. I had a lover.. a super ruthless lawyer who lost her memory and became a lawfirm assistant with great sense of justice (Ji Jin Hee acted as her ex husband.. ooooh, a very charismatic man!! :wub:)

3. Fantastic.. a production writer detected with stage 4 breast cancer.. her struggles with this shock and true love (Joo Sang Wook acted as her boyfriend and husband amidst the painful path of fighting cancer :wub:)

4. Miracle that we met.. wife of the rich husband who actually died but body being inhabited by the other guy who had the same name n birthdate as the husband.. a fantasy but with very good storyline.. touching :tears: the guy acted as her husband is Kim Myung Min

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

Checked this out because I'm a big fan of Kim Hyun Joo :D have been missing her a lot!

Glad to see there's some discussion on the drama here~ Like the points raised here so far. Some of my thoughts too:

4 episodes in and I'm also semi-enjoying this show. I realise that the scenes I like the most are those where we have Chi-kwang (CK), Tae-joo (TJ) or Young-goon (YG) interacting together (or in pairs). The 'case of the week' scenes, not so much. Agreeing with @Nam A here.

18 hours ago, Nam A said:

I'm semi-enjoying this show but hope we don't get a case of the week like show with a vague attachment to the main storyline, episodic tv shows are so outdated.

First off, the cases are kinda short (2 eps each) and they don't make you invested in the characters. The villains/criminals also feel pretty one-dimensional (and they somehow all just end up dying lol...). At this point the cases just feel like buildup to what happened in the past, with the recurring theme of the chopped-off thumbs and the police being behind it, albeit a very weak link.

I'm more interested to learn more about our 3 main characters, and what really happened 15 years ago. As mentioned, I feel more for those short scenes where we have our 3 main characters interacting with each other, be it TJ/YG with their common traumatic experiences, CK/TJ with their disagreements/personality differences or the somewhat fatherly-son CK/YG relationship. I have quite a lot of thoughts on their dynamics which maybe I'll post here more if I have the time haha :)

Regarding the individual characters, I feel right now we've been fed with the most information on Taejoo's past so far, and how we can see her desperation to find out who did that to her and her husband growing in the recent eps as she seems to edge closer to the truth. Really felt for her when she kept trying to get the name out of the prosecutor (and then he died), and then the chairman (who was handed over to JHR, too late again). In any case, she seems to be the most 'open' character so far, her main motive is to find who did it to her 7 years ago. CK and YG on the other hand I find them harder to fathom, and their intentions wrt to investigation team, they're more unknown to me right now. Anyway, looking ahead, I'm thinking we'll have more insights into CK/YG in the coming eps, especially with YG's dad's appearance in Ep05.

Some questions I have at this point:

- What CK put into the washing machine at YG's home back then (pretty suspicious and this has been of much discussion in the k-forums too)

- Why YG didn't get shot in that public toilet (where Mr Kim the trafficker got killed). Was the attacker someone who knew YG??

- Is there any link to what happened with CK/YG 15 years ago, and what happened to TJ 7 years ago? (sorry if I'm a bit slow and I missed it somewhere haha)

Oh and I'm really liking Taejoo so far, she's looking set to be among my favourite KHJ characters :D

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

She looks fantastic in everything that she wears and it looks effortless, as if she was born to be awesome! B)

I need to check her other roles: she did a lot of romcom which is a genre that  i rarely watch but if she carries on the same competent vibe, poised grace, natural elegance and sophisticated style to her romantic roles, i'm willing to follow her here. :w00t:

In case, we didn't get me yet: she's my new role model and i want to be her:mrgreen:

We really don't deserve her! :bawling:

@titania1000 Haha sorry to interject but yes please do check out her other roles too! (hint: she's just as amazing there too)

I wouldn't say she did a lot of romcoms~ I think it's more of weekenders (no, not the current tvn/ocn types, but rather the KBS family dramas, MBC/SBS makjang dramas and the like) which aren't that popular with the international k-drama community (I just happen to be that rare pokemon who has watched more weekenders than primetime dramas :joy:). I first got to know her through a weekender too. If it's not too off-topic, may I recommend some of her works:

1. I Have A Lover (2015, 50 eps) - This is THE drama you have to watch if you mention KHJ. Her performance was phenomenal there, she picked up a Top Excellence Award for it too. If you're looking for "same competent vibe, poised grace, natural elegance and sophisticated style" this is it, and more :) caveat first though, it is 50 eps (which is not what most kdrama watchers i've seen are used to haha) and there is infidelity involved (her character gets cheated on). It's a melodrama genre which can be rather slow-moving (with the front parts kinda frustrating). Will understand if it's not your type. But her performance there was brilliant enough to overcome the shortcomings of the plot. Can't give more spoilers, but do check it out if you can! Till now, people still mention it as her 'life character' (in korean netizen terms, the best character of an actor/actress) oh just one last thing, her character's a lawyer there too :)

2. What Happens To My Family (2014, 50 eps) - the first drama I watched her in. This is a light-hearted family drama, but it does pack a punch in terms of emotional life lessons as well. You can expect more humour from her here~ She plays a very competent secretary here (kind of a Head Secretary in a company), so "competent vibe" would be right there + a lot more hilarity haha.  I liked her couple storyline here the most too (vs the other couples). Fun fact: Seo Kang Joon stars in this too! (though they do not have many scenes together) So they've reunited together here in Watcher after 5 years.

3. Cruel Palace: War of Flowers (2013, 50 eps - i guess you see the trend now HAHA) - this is a sageuk drama, she plays an antagonist lead here - an evil scheming concubine to the King. another outstanding performance from her here too, some people consider this one of her best characters too together with I Have A Lover. I have to say sageuk isn't really my type, but she managed to blow me away here too.

Off my head these are just some of my KHJ favourites :) Sorry for gushing so much about her here haha I'll hope to post more thoughts on CK/TJ/YG during the weekend too~

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3

21 hours ago, larus said:

This case is not that clear for me. Young Koon says his father killed his mother but it gave me the impresion that he did not witness the murder. He thinks that his father was the killer. I have to rewatch to be clear.

When Young Koon saw Cha Hoon`s father begging for his son`s life, it trigged a memory for Young Koon. His mother begged the killer to spare his son`s life. It doesn`t seem that she is asking her husband to spare the son`s life. I know that there are cases when men have kill their wife and children but often is followed by their suicide or their surrender. It was a moment of madness. I could not imagine Young Koon`s father, a cop, killing his wife in cold blood while she was begging him to spare their son`s life, he left his son hidding in the bathroom and run away. Something is not right.

That's a very good deduction. :star:

I was convinced that it was a case of domestic violence and since i saw recently a drama where the mother tried to save her son from being beaten too by his father, i was more ready to accept that KYG's mother begged her husband to leave their son alone.

But your theory makes more sense, especially the part where it triggered KYG's memory of the events.

And as we saw, Do Chi-Gwang found Young Koon in the bathroom. He was hiding and he was very scared. There was no other people at the crime scene.

Since i refuse to consider that DCK could be the culprit, it's impossible to imagine since it seems so not compatible with what we saw of this character, it means that he arrived just after the culprit went and found KYG in shock and the body of his mother. 

But why did he still try to hide evidences at the crime scene? If he was after KYG's dad for an affair of corruption, the murder was even bigger and more likely to get him condemned. 

I am sure that Do Chi Gwang and Han Tae Joo investigated the case and there were evidence that pointed Young Koon`s father as the culpit. Maybe he confessed too because he wanted to protect his son.There is a high posibility that the police officer that Tae Joo is searching is connected to that old case. We`ll see.

For me, they are both hiding something about the way the  investigation was conducted: it's not clear if they messed up with the evidences or just forced KYG's father to accept a bad deal but it looks not good on them. 

However HTJ seemed quite haughty and confident that KYG's father was a criminal when  she met him  in the preview.

21 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Yahoo Han Suk Kyu sunbaenim missing you! Watching this right now :) 

More love for my man! I He so deserves it! :mrgreen:

:love:

D_AQuSqU8AAyTSL.jpg

Credit: snow_flurry_

• Like 5
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

For me, they are both hiding something about the way the  investigation was conducted: it's not clear if they messed up with the evidences or just forced KYG's father to accept a bad deal but it looks not good on them. 

Yes, he did hide something in the washing machine. I can`t wait to know more about their past case. Also I want to know when Do Chi-Gwang and Han Tae Joo started to be estrange.

I personally like that there are new cases they have to work together. That`s when the team is going to become stronger. They will know each other better, they will trust each other, rely on one another. In the same time there is one case that link each other. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, larus said:

I personally like that there are new cases they have to work together. That`s when the team is going to become stronger. They will know each other better, they will trust each other, rely on one another. In the same time there is one case that link each other. 

I like the new cases, too, because we get to see different sides of our characters in different situations.  

There are various questions I have about each of them, especially as it seems that the main three in our team have ties to one another from the past.  But that brings me to the one person who seems not to have ties:  Soo Yeon.  We know so little about her.  I really want to know why she is there on the Inspection team.  I have even wondered if the higher-ups in the police have "planted" her there to spy on Do because it seems like someone could be plotting something.  He was apparently working alone for awhile but now he suddenly has a team, so it seems reasonable to ask why.

• Like 6

Woow Thank you @sadthe1st and @pyeongsaeng for the very complete and detailed recs! :star:

I'm all ready to tackle her monster sized career after the end of Watcher.

There will be no withdrawal for me!  :mrgreen:

@larus i meant that DCK and HTJ were potentially in cahoots and hiding something (for good reasons) during the murder investigation of KYG's mother  which might have lead to HTJ's attack.

DCK was hiding things even before and their partnership might have still worked on the same principle. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

i meant that DCK and HTJ were potentially in cahoots and hiding something (for good reasons) during the murder investigation of KYG's mother  which might have lead to HTJ's attack.

Maybe they are hiding something, they know something that we don`t know yet. They don`t seem very talkative about the old case either. 

With the appearence of Young Koon`s father in the next episode, we`ll find out more information.

56 minutes ago, thistle said:

We know so little about her.  I really want to know why she is there on the Inspection team.  I have even wondered if the higher-ups in the police have "planted" her there to spy on Do because it seems like someone could be plotting something. 

I like when she was honest and said that someone ordered her to be on the team. I have no doubt that that person wanted to have inside information about the team, to keep an eye on them.  I like her and I think she is genuine but it will be interesting to see what she will do when the person she "planted there" will want a "favor."

• Like 9

The BTS for ep 3/4 are up!

I can't with this cast! They're just adorable!:bawling:

I love this part! Did she think that nobody would notice that her hands were all over his body?:naughty:

giphy.gif

Credit: ahjeosi

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

This is a thriller drama Coldcase style but I find it witty when sunbaenim Han Suk Kyu deliver his lines. Its all passion same with Kim Hyun Joo - their chemistry is perfect! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I love this part! Did she think that nobody would notice that her hands were all over his body?:naughty:

hahaha such a nice personality taking good care of her fellow colleagues :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

I’m still on my way, but one thing for sure, to me everyone have secrets in here. Not sure how they are going to reveal it, but I honestly feel that the main culprit is someone who is around the three. Like always around the three. Have that gut instinct. And I don’t think it’s Jang at this point. Feel like he is the typical ocn scapegoat who is there to cover up the actual person. You know what is weird? It is said that it’s Kim’s father.but we don’t see his face. It could also means that his father could very well be alive. But nothing is set and stone at this point. 

I’m pretty confused because as of right now everyone feels suspicious to me....Hm...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

BTS with english subs are up!

Thanks @mellowcatskj for the hard work! 

The cast is really an amazing ensemble of funny and nice people! 

Their chemistry on set is as good as on screen!  

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I my liking  this guy , who are they ? :mrgreen:

5d3047f768559079680825.gif?download

5d3049d9193a3400354742.gif?download

Let him , google it :mrgreen:

BD5A9FB4-F040-4F79-87B3-2E4534E3055A.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

BTS with english subs are up!

Thanks @mellowcatskj for the hard work! 

The cast is really an amazing ensemble of funny and nice people! 

Their chemistry on set is as good as on screen!  

Thank you very much @titania1000 for subscribing and sharing. :heart: It's not hard work when I have a bit of an obsession... <.<

Yes! the cast is great on set & on screen. I love them all.

I am biased but I am enjoying the drama so far. ep.3 was a bit weak for me but ep.4 got me intrigued again especially because of the relationship between DCK & JHR. DCK definitely feels guilty about something. JHR isn't the typical villain which I am glad about, since that was one of my worries before the drama aired. He even helps the team out at times even if for his own gain. I think he is a realist. If he refused to do anything corrupt or take bribes, someone else would be in his position doing the exact same thing. And per his confrontation with DCK, good cops can end up doing some fishy things. Kim is a dangerous person & letting him go could have caused more casualties.

Also poor Young Gun. Nothing seems to be going right for him.

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 6:45 PM, larus said:

This man did not kill Young-Koon when he had the opportunity, he spared his life. If it is not Jang Hae Ryong, I wonder who he is.

This is such a crazy speculation on my part and  I don't even know if it makes sense...but what if it is our calm and collected Do CK. Like @titania1000, I hope not because I really like him. He has some baggages left from YG's mum's death - since he seemed more affected by the fact that YG is still staying in apartment than YG himself ,  but I like how fatherly he is to the two younger cops. Nevertheless some small things have bugged me about this possibility and three things seem to have messed with my head - yeah I have been more or less debating with myself :lol:

• What was he hiding in the washing machine? Of course my counter argument was perhaps he was  protecting some evidence while going after the murderer.
  • It did feel like he was quick to agree to close off the case after organ trafficker Kim died, which made me wonder because a man just died in YG's watch -so won't he want to dig deeper? . But of course I reasoned that the case will now be a violent crime case ,  that will no longer be within his jurisdiction. So he understands he needs to focus his limited resources on doing what the unit was supposed to which is investigate corruption within the force. 
  •  I get that they were trying to catch the mastermind giving Lee the instructions , but I felt it rather convenient that DCK asked YG not to immediately apprehend Lee.  (I am likely overthinking it but oh well just getting these thoughts out of my system. :sweatingbullets:)

Honestly I was a tad frustrated that YG lost both key people in this case . I gave him a free pass in Kim's case since he was not quite prepared to be running after Kim , but in the second one , I expect him to be faster ! I mean Lee is a very feeble looking prosecutor, I am sure YG with all his practice of running around could have easily caught up with him ;). I know it is a plot device but writer nim will need to be more creative . 

7 hours ago, sushilicious said:

And I don’t think it’s Jang at this point.

I have written him off my list as the thumb cutter . He was rather baffled when HTJ asked him the humanity question. But he does have some other baggages - he is corrupted considering how he killed off his wayward subordinate in eps 1.

Curious here , why was Soo Yeon ogling at  YG's pictures?   This was taken off her pc...:ph34r:

Spoiler

tgFLSYq.png

Is she admiring him in a potential oppa sort of way or is she secretly digging dirt on him  ? :D I seriously wonder now if YG's father really killed YG's  mother. This drama is strange- there's this calmness on the surface to how well and quickly the team seem to be working together but yet everyone seems like they are not quite transparent with their intentions and has something to hide...

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

why was Soo Yeon ogling at  YG's pictures?

Spoiler

Because they want to shake the lawyer up by telling them that the boss’s son returned, but actually the son died. I guess cause they looks similar so they photoshop in.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1