[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

larus

12 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I don’t know , I can’t get tiresome with this drama , I just think everyone need  to follow the bodyguard lead

This drama still has my attention, and I'm still enjoying trying to figure out whodunnit.  

And Our Bodyguard definitely has my attention.  ;)  I would kinda like to see him end up with Lawyer Han at the end.  Possible?  Maybe.  She was making plans for his son when she said something like "what WE should do for him" so that seemed like a little clue.

Yeah, I know that this is a crime drama.....but a little bit of romance doesn't hurt.  And Our Bodyguard deserves the love.

1 hour ago, tinymel said:

It is pretty ham-fisted the way they made everyone think it might be DCK. But, for me at least, that is how suspicion works. You start off with one person, you become convinced it is them, then the focus turns to the next person, all of which means that you miss the person who is really controlling the whole narrative.

Exactly.  I think there has been some very clever writing here.  The frustration that we feel because of the way things are being revealed is an indicator of the impact that the drama has on us as viewers because it is drawing us in.  I was really feeling angry with DCK, and that kinda mirrors how YG was feeling.  That's what good writing does--it makes us feel what the characters are going through.

But I can also understand stepping away when a drama isn't doing the job for you.  Sorry to hear that this is the case, and I hope there will be a way for everyone to hang in there.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally prefer that the big bag is someone else besides that 7 people or at least not just one person but a group of people. So far, we are presented with cases involving the police, the prosecution and big conglomerates. There are so many names in the ledger and it's said that lots of people could kill for it. I feel that none of these 7 people are powerful enough or ambitious or desperate enough to do all the bad deeds. But I think maybe some of them are manipulated into doing bad things.

I also still put my trust in Jo Soo yeon being a good person but she's in a situation where she has no choice to do otherwise. Question is, is the boyfriend a higher-up or the big bad. Can it be Han Tae Joo?

I sometimes feel that the show is taking itself too seriously but it's not really a problem for me. I constantly remind myself that this is not a procedural investigation drama but more of a psychological thriller. There are lots of mysteries and it sure does mess with your head. That 's what a thriller is supposed to do, after all. In a normal investigation drama, things unfold gradually as the story progresses with evidence found and straightforward explanations. This one is different since it focuses more on the characters and psychological aspects of the investigation. ( It is all about mind games and lots of scenes happen in interrogation room where the interrogators psych out the suspects. I'm always baffled at the way in other series, MLs suddenly bump into pieces of evidence). The characters are dealing with lots of things in their own head and they all suffer stuff like traumas, trust issue, etc. And I feel like by the end, it's not just the story getting resolved but the characters also grow and heal. That's what you rarely see in procedural investigation dramas because those are more event focused.

I guess how you think or evaluate a drama depends so much on the expectations that you set.

So, that's to say i'm really into this drama. One of the best that I've seen in a long while. Of course it also has some weaknesses but I'm willing to overlook those. My worry is, since the development is really complicated, it would be difficult to tie it all with a satisfactory ending. I truly hope that the writer and director can pull it off.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I love that scene when DCK asked Jae Sik to watch over TJ . And Jae Sik asked why he ( DCK ) would trust him since he was a former loan shark.  DCK’s affirmation that he’s trustworthy & reliable made him so happy . Then I also liked that scene when TJ asked  Jae Sik about his son. She was indirectly telling him she knows about him being arm twisted to keep Jang updated , but you can tell he was immediately remorseful.

It is nice you mentioned about those scenes. I loved these little moments.

Both Do Chi-Gwang and Han Tae Joo are good people but they made mistakes/have regreats in their life. They have experience and I like how they don`t judge when someone is not 100% clean.

Do Chi Gwang saw that Jae Sik is loyal to Tae Joo, he protects her. I like how he said that people can chance anytime. It is about their decision. It was also comforting that Tae Joo did not make a scene, that she understood his situation and proposed a solution. Jae Sik knew that he did wrong and felt guilty, but he believed to not have other choice to protect his son. Because Tae Joo showed emphaty for his situation, he will be even more on her side.

Yeah, I know that this is a crime drama.....but a little bit of romance doesn't hurt.  And Our Bodyguard deserves the love.

I think she kind of jealous , he showing up , these day :joy::mrgreen:

download

download

Bonus :joy::love:

15651280631565127873.gif

We heard that there is one corrupt officer who caused Jang's death and HJM's demise. But he is not alone as he has someone behind him/her. Remember that in the beginning, the corrupt officer mentioned his sunbae and even wanted to use the same method of torture indicating that the officer came in contact with the thumb killer. DCK added that this corrupt officer has been able during these 15 years to gain power and wealth. So this comes back to our first suspicion about Yeom. But like DCK said, Yeom is definitely not alone. I was even wondering if the coroner is not related to this case as

- he definitely knew the connection between HJM and DCK

- he tried to persuade HTJ that there is only one perpetrator... the way he cut the thumb.

But we saw that from the first case that the bad cop was copying his sunbae hence he learnt it from him. This means that the thumb killer had been raising "a student". 

On 8/8/2019 at 5:55 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I was even wondering if the coroner is not related to this case

I wondered about that, too.  Certainly he would not have a problem cutting human flesh.  Eek.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:55 AM, bebebisous33 said:

But we saw that from the first case that the bad cop was copying his sunbae hence he learnt it from him. This means that the thumb killer had been raising "a student". 

And that is really, really scary.  There's more than one thumb-cutter at worrk.

..............looking forward to this week's episodes!

Watcher OST part 3

20190809162216_5d4d1f28beabc_1.jpg

It was announced on the 11th that it will release the third OST 'Blurry (Blurry)'.

The singer is Elli K,  who was formerly known as “Unknown Dress", participated in a number of OSTs, including the drama "Incarnation of Jealousy", movie "Golden Slumber".

In addition, 'Blurry' has worked with Park Geun-cheol and Kim Dong-ryul as well as artists such as Jay & Howl 'Perhaps Love' and Lim Jae-bum's 'Love'. The song was co-worked by singer-songwriter Runny .

http://hei.hankyung.com/hub01/201908095201I

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

And a funny video made by our favourite supporting cast! I don't know what's going on but they seem to have enjoyed themselves doing it!:lol:

Finally, Our Bodyguard makes himself heard in a loud voice!  :D 

59 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

course, KYG lost the ledger as soon as he called the team to inform them that he h

Of course ! Lose the witness, the suspect , the ledger ! Why am I no longer surprised? :lol:

I watched the scene of the thumb cutter strangling him  . It does take someone quite strong to be able to do that , so is there a possibility of it being a woman as small a frame as Commissioner Yeom? And was the guy really going to cut his thumb? he ran off I supposed because of the gun. 

Still waiting for today's episode to be posted on the websites where I watch but nothing yet.  Usually the raw is uploaded fairly quickly, and the subs would be posted a few hours later.  But today, so far there is nothing at all.  Grrrr.  <_<  I wanna know what is happening since YG dug that thing out of his shoe!

On 8/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Michelle Gonzalez said:

I don't think he lost the ledger

I hope you're right, otherwise it will feel like being in a never-ending loop for me. I think KYK is catching to his team's true color, one onion layer at a time.

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Still waiting for today's episode to be posted on the websites where I watch but nothing yet.  Usually the raw is uploaded fairly quickly, and the subs would be posted a few hours later.  But today, so far there is nothing at all.  Grrrr.  <_<  I wanna know what is happening since YG dug that thing out of his shoe!

viki just finished! they got it out at about 6pm EST. not sure where you are, but this week was quick! i didn't see it on other (non paid) streaming sites tho..

i'm 10 mins into ep 11. i keep saying i'll wait until the show is over but as flawed as i find it i cannot resist. and i want to spoil myself so badly (i sometimes spoil myself first then rewind because of anxiety) but what i think so far in ep 11 (and i will go back and read the comments!!!)

Spoiler

is that freakin soo yeon!??!?!!??!?! and also the drug usage omg. this show!!!!

ok and this is just me making fun of characters in movie/tv but 

Spoiler

like he's a police officer. someone turned on the shower IN HIS APARTMENT. he has this very important document. and yet he's like "gee who could it be IN MY HOUSE and who turned on the shower? is this an intruder?" for people so smart.....just so stupid

edit after 17m: i guess i was WRONG!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, disembody said:

viki just finished! they got it out at about 6pm EST. not sure where you are, but this week was quick! i didn't see it on other (non paid) streaming sites tho..

The subbed episode turned up at about 4:30 US Central on the not legal sites.  So maybe earlier than Viki!

8 minutes ago, disembody said:

and i want to spoil myself so badly (i sometimes spoil myself first then rewind because of anxiety)

That is why I love spoilers!  Good old anxiety.  

If you don't wanna be spoiled, don't read this:

Spoiler

I was right about Boyfriend!

Young-Goon & Lawyer Han are letting their emotions get in the way of their work which is dangerous, especially so for Lawyer Han. She's beyond the point of no return. I'm sad to know Soo-Yeon is transferred out from the team.. Jae-Shik is learning english LoL, that lil scuffle he had where he tried to stop Young-Goon was funny yet oddly..sexy.. LoL!?!

Ugh that security guard at Young-Goon's apartment complex is a nosy pest!:angry:

Archived