Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐 - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 KST

I was bored so I gave this a try.  I kind of like chief Do.  I don't know why I keep thinking Kim Sang Joong.  I don't fancy the main young guy and my beef with him is the thick make-up especially his red lips.  When I watch a cop show and I see cops wearing red lipstick, I can't take them seriously.  Same for the bad guy.  I was supposed to feel the threatening vibe and all then I saw his a little too red lips.  Anyways, chief Do did make me laugh at one point:

Boss:  ...she looks better than when she was a prosecutor.

Chief Do:  well, maybe she's been getting facials.

(cough cough)

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I don't fancy the main young guy and my beef with him is the thick make-up especially his red lips. 

73414C6B-6D10-448D-9055-A5977970F772.gif

Look closely, I never use lipstick , it’s all natural & @triplem PP cream is all gossip, the sun glow what make my skin flawless  :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

On 7/8/2019 at 7:18 PM, Ameera Ali said:

@titania1000 your favorite :thumbsup:

Look at him looking all dapper and competent! B)

I can't get enough of him! ^_^

But he seems to take things too much at heart and he's also a little bit too serious!

Maybe Han Tae Joo can fix this seriousness?:w00t:

On 7/9/2019 at 12:04 AM, Ameera Ali said:

Han Tae-Joo sarcasm :mrgreen:

1 - I’ll call you back 

2 - trying to get more emotional :smirk:

3 - little slip :sweatingbullets:

4 - more reason to study :naughty:

This collection of her best scenes killed me! :bawling:

I'm on the floor! Dead!

She's a flawless queen: every time she talks it's like hearing a symphony. Her witty lines, humor and crazy and shameless honesty about her harsh methods are the kind of stuff i want to hear all the day, all the year. 

To be honest, she can also read the dictionary: i would listen to her with the same fascination!:mrgreen:

D_Ak83VU4AAT1xe.jpg

D_Ak9kYU4AEkEsL.jpg

Via: tayloryou

giphy.gif

Credit: MAYO49

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 7/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, jongski said:

And here I am. It's OCN drama who can't resist. I like crime action murder thriller. Just finished watching ep1-2. 

Police corruption. Police abuse... gotta flesh out the ones that goes overboard. Along with that comes flashback  that revolves the three main chracters.  All three are tied up with each other's past. HTJ is an interesting character. I'm confused anout her trauma though. What was the cause?

Hello same soompi friends watching same dramas. Lets enjoy.

Welcome to the thread :)

I don't know if your ask was before watching ep 2, but it's been confirmed during this episode that she has been kidnapped and tortured (her thumb was cut) and she's suffering from PTSD as someone said already in the thread.

She just got the confirmation that her kidnapper was a cop: the corrupted cop who killed and tortured SBG had the same methods and said the same words than the man who tortured her. But it's not him because he said to have hear someone else saying those things (it's  some speech about the origin of her humanity).       

On 7/9/2019 at 5:08 AM, triplem said:

It’s sick how Jang Hae Ryong has no qualms bartering with the lives of other children when he’s a father himself . And he continues to paint a picture of a righteous cop doing his part to shoot a wayward subordinate & “save” YG . He kept  using the fact that Do was the one who caught YG’s dad to dissuade the latter from joining Do . I was particularly happy when Young Goon went up to him at the end to declare “war “  & promised to catch him . 

Is he really the big bad guy of the story?

Because the actor has been playing only villains lately, so It's pretty anticlimatic if  it's him:(.

He's shady as hell and says and does all the things expected from a psycho, straight from the textbook: "how to be a psychopath in plain sight 1st year".

He doesn't even seem good at manipulating the team and playing their distrust to each other: KYG spotted his lies in 5 minutes. 

Hopefully there's more to it: someone in the shadow waiting to come to the light and to be a real and formidable enemy to our team...

On 7/9/2019 at 11:11 AM, joccu said:

the think about Jang hae ryong being father himself and then being evil with other people who has children actually makes more sense to me.  I mean he's totally bad man. But I actually like that kind of bad man. It makes him more intresting. 

Welcome too! 

I agree with you: villains who act like anti heroes with a small circle of people that they will protect even at the cost of their lives while they throw everyone else to hell have this intensity that made them more layered, unpredictable and compelling. 

But in this case JHR wasn't given enough screentime to show that.  He seems to be just a corrupted cop who happens to be a father too.:ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

i just finished both episodes.. haha i love how skilled KHJ is at portraying the mysterious side of han tae joo and her dark secrets :D also, when chief do asked about the phone call she made at the hospital and she just replied so curtly and cleverly, to make info slipped and see how the bad people kill each other.. that moment gave me bits of creeps SHE IS MALEFICIENT!! (just as the new movie is coming out and she reminded me of angelina jolie lol)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, titania1000 said:

he really the big bad guy of the story? Because the actor has been playing only villains lately. 

It's pretty anticlimatic if  it's him:(: he's shady as hell and says and does all the things expected from a psycho, straight from the textbook: "how to be a psychopath in plain sight 1st year".

He doesn't seem even good at manipulating the team and playing their distrust to each other: KYG spotted his lies in 5 minutes. 

Hopefully there's more to it: someone in the shadow waiting to come to the light and to be a real and formidable enemy to our team..

Right now  , the drama would like us to believe so but I have a feeling he’s not the ultimate villain. At first I thought maybe it’s not one of those whodunnit dramas but more about how they will outwit the baddie . But it’s too easy and as a viewer I would prefer the plot to be more layered . I don’t know why , I keep thinking of Do’s boss . 

I am actually quite bugged by the bit where Young Goon froze for such a Long time at the warehouse . It does seem he has  PTSD but why would that scene trigger him ? Did the bad ( now dead ) cop say a line he had heard before ? By the way , do you remember if YG’s dad is still alive ? They mentioned catching him & putting him in jail right? 

I love both male leads ( @Ameera Ali yes I adore SKJ’s  smooth face & lovely lips ) but Han Tae Joo is a real scene stealer. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I love both male leads ( @Ameera Ali yes I adore SKJ’s  smooth face & lovely lips ) but Han Tae Joo is a real scene stealer. 

I agree :thumbsup:

but @triplem & @titania1000

Is it me or the bodyguard , middle finger my sweet KYK :lol:

84B10D68-459E-42A5-A084-B242C7A2438D.gif

6A6E51C8-A0C2-4470-9DBC-26742CF5BDB2.gif

Spoiler

61C2725A-A5E9-4D53-AF6E-5B2188AB09A3.gif

A2E3D38E-93BC-4F63-951B-2B6C77DC2738.gif

No trusting sunglasses inside the building :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

10 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Her witty lines, humor and crazy and shameless honesty about her harsh methods are the kind of stuff i want to hear all the day, all the year. 

To be honest, she can also read the dictionary: i would listen to her with the same fascination!:mrgreen:

Your in luck , she talkative :joy::kiss_wink:

15627910241562791011.gif

I am in love she joined the team , they need someone like her :D

15627914791562791457.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:30 AM, sadthe1st said:

our pretty Han Tae Joo unnie (KHJ) hahahaha :lol:

Thank you for sharing! She looks adorable :wub:

Who's the little girl? The one who played Ah Reum? 

23 hours ago, triplem said:

Right now  , the drama would like us to believe so but I have a feeling he’s not the ultimate villain. At first I thought maybe it’s not one of those whodunnit dramas but more about how they will outwit the baddie . But it’s too easy and as a viewer I would prefer the plot to be more layered . I don’t know why , I keep thinking of Do’s boss . 

I agree:  my intuition tells me too that the drama will keep us guessing until the last episodes.

His boss must have his dirty secrets too but he didn't seem messed up enough to go as far as torturing people...    

23 hours ago, triplem said:

I am actually quite bugged by the bit where Young Goon froze for such a Long time at the warehouse . It does seem he has  PTSD but why would that scene trigger him ? Did the bad ( now dead ) cop say a line he had heard before ? By the way , do you remember if YG’s dad is still alive ? They mentioned catching him & putting him in jail right? 

He must have a severe case of PTSD maybe never treated to have frozen so strongly and so long. He was a soldier and now a cop and yet he let  someone be killed in the front of his eyes.

Strange how DCK didn't scold him or tried to talk about it.   

Maybe KYG saw the same scene younger but repressed it. Maybe he saw the same criminal who abducted and tortured HTJ?

Everybody was talking  about his father in the past tense, so i presumed he was dead but they didn't say how. Maybe when DCK tried to catch him.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:52 AM, Shinobu said:

Boss:  ...she looks better than when she was a prosecutor.

Chief Do:  well, maybe she's been getting facials.

(cough cough)

So mean! :scream:

How does he dare! She's perfect! :mrgreen:

23 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i just finished both episodes.. haha i love how skilled KHJ is at portraying the mysterious side of han tae joo and her dark secrets :D also, when chief do asked about the phone call she made at the hospital and she just replied so curtly and cleverly, to make info slipped and see how the bad people kill each other.. that moment gave me bits of creeps SHE IS MALEFICIENT!! (just as the new movie is coming out and she reminded me of angelina jolie lol)

So twisted! I love it!  :mrgreen:

More seriously, if she continues to play both sides while staying at the center of all the action, she's going to make it so complicated for everyone and so fun to watch!

So maleficient!:love:

giphy.gif

Credit: TULIP_KHJ

giphy.gif

Credit: TULIP_KHJ     

• Like 4
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, soompis said:

thx

Hello there . Welcome to Soompi & this thread . Are you enjoying the drama as much as we do ? Anyway just a bit of Housekeeping 

Spoiler

For future posts , do try to have at least 20 characters as per our rules , you can read more here for other guidelines   

@Ameera Ali I thought the cream would make his face shine :lol:

I am looking forward to tonight! 

praise by knetz ( eps 2 ) for our leading lady & the show 

Credit melohwa

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/watcher-ep-2-spoilers-han-suk-kyu-x-seo.html?m=1

Watcher] Ep 2 spoilers, Han Suk Kyu x Seo Kang Joon x Kim Hyun Joo

2.jpg
Article: Naver 'Watcher' Han Suk Kyu x Seo Kang Joon x Kim Hyun Joo, risky first collaboration... 'Hidden Truth' of the abduction case

1. [+83, -1]
It's interesting.

2. [+71, -2]
Kim Hyun Joo's acting is good enough to control the atmosphere of the drama. Her acting is composed but strong. She was the best yesterday. 

3. [+58, -4]
I am cautiously thinking there will be season 2. When this ends, let's do 'Voice 4' followed by 'Watcher 2'.  

4. [+28, -1]
I'm a fan of Kim Hyun Joo. It's nice to see her after such a long time. ^^

5. [+25, -1]
The directing is really awesome. The actors act well. It's been a long time since a good drama like this was filmed.   

6. [+16, -0]
At the last part of yesterday's episode, the best part was when Han Tae Joo removed her ring to show her thumb ㅠㅠ She wasn't loud or very expressive, but her acting is immersive and it has so much tension. That's just how good her acting is. 

7. [+14, -0]
Kim Hyun Joo is really awesome.

8. [+13, -0]
I really like Han Suk Kyu's acting. He is really leading the drama well. 

9. [+11, -0]
I think Han Tae Joo makes the drama more immersive. She's also the most interesting character. Yesterday's episode of 'Watcher' was both thrilling and touching. I like it.

10. [+8, -0]
The combination of these three is somehow good. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

It's D-day!

And time for new pics! 

D_WBVbsUYAAAEFL.jpg

D_WBVnDVUAA6ZZl.jpg

Spoiler

D_WBVyGUYAArprX.jpg

My favourite! B)

Spoiler

66469427_2351708031544289_54080867631491

Spoiler

66756504_2351708064877619_79840342526541

Still cuts from today's episode!

Spoiler

0004048930_001_20190713081314836.jpg?typ

On 7/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, mellowcatskj said:

I will be subbing the bts videos on my youtube channel. Here is the first one for eps 1 & 2

Seriously? :w00t:

Thank you SO SO much! 

You have a fan here: I already suscribed your channel and liked the vid.:mrgreen:

I'm impressed by your skill: It must have been a long work to translate their lines and insert them in such fluid way.   

You deserve a drink!   

On 7/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, Ameera Ali said:

@ktcjdrama , @triplem @titania1000

Let’s me try to understand what he want 

I got it , I understand hand signal :joy::mrgreen:

I love the second gif with the halo on his head: he sure looks like a saint man. 

Hopefully he won't end like a martyr:sweatingbullets:

@triplem Thank you for bringing so much positivity with the knetz reactions! 

Everyone got praised equally: actors and director and that's how it should be!

I'm addicted to this drama and can't wait to have them on my screen again!   

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Everyone got praised equally: actors and director and that's how it should be!

They are a big happy family :joy:

they all deserve praise :kiss_wink: 

15630120141563011960.gif

15630125221563012490.gif

( @triplem , @Lawyerh @ktcjdrama ) How lucky the sexy uncle is he take the first hug :joy: hello  the first hug is important  , now I need to run him with a bicycle not a car just for @titania1000  don’t be heart broken if I kill him :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

They are a big happy family :joy:

they all deserve praise :kiss_wink: 

Oh my babies! They look so cute in the 1st gif! :heart:

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

( @triplem , @Lawyerh @ktcjdrama ) How lucky the sexy uncle is he take the first hug :joy: hello  the first hug is important  , now I need to run him with a bicycle not a car just for @titania1000  don’t be heart broken if I kill him :mrgreen:

Wait! What? You want all the pretty boy for yourself and no hot ajhussi for me! :tears:<_<

You're a tough cookie! Harder in negociations than HTJ!:lol:

But i'm sorry i can't give up on this hero: i've been waiting since 3 years for him to return to the small screen!:persevere:

So no one can be adventurous with his body, except HTJ (the queen can do to him everything at any time)! :naughty::mrgreen:

A ice cream truck for KHJ on set! 

D_WyXNyVUAAFj6q.jpg

It looks delicious! 

D_WzeVCVAAAHnlj.jpg

D_WyXHNVAAMkMLh.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 4