[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

larus

So the thumb cutter is in the hospital still unconscious. . YG & SY watching over him . TJ comes in to talk to YG . They make peace . He thanked her & gave her a hug and left.  Closure for them

TJ goes back to her office . She goes to her room , omo! Her husband is still alive ! 

- eps ends- 

omg what the heck is happening ? The preview looks like the show is changing gear. The story is a lot deeper then DC park . Seems the husband is shady ? 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the live-caps @triplem :kiss_wink:

I just want to share something about the translation of Jang Society. In the Chinese subs I watched, it's more like "Warriors Club" or "Soldiers Club". I understand how the translation can get mixed up, and actually don't know which is actually the correct one, but just sharing that the pronunciation in Korean is the same for both 將士會 (Warrior Club) and 張社會 (Jang Society)

@thistle @titania1000  I am as confused as heck. This drama is like a maze , just when you thought that you can finally figure it out, they throw you a curveball.  Okay , so this is the  interesting thing - in some of TJ's flashbacks of the day thumb cutter tortured her, the husband was seated across her tied up as well . We were not shown this before. In earlier episodes , we only saw the cutter hit the husband as he came in, and we had assumed he died on the spot. So he was tortured too. But why was there never a recollection of that in her memory in her flashbacks??? Last 4 episodes and they throw in a new stakeholder. So if we look at @ktcjdrama's chinese tranlsation - the Warrior Club, that gives us better insight to what this Jang Society is intended for or at least how they view themselves. I think the organisation is huge and a lot deeper than we can imagine. The thumb cutters may not be one person.  I thought it strange that  they caught DC Park so quickly , so looks like the writer has more tricks up his sleeve...he will keep us guessing till the end :lol:

edit to add - that humanity line is definitely the club motto! Lol!

@Ameera Ali oh my they giving us some skinship ...well I never saw this coming :mrgreen:

22 minutes ago, triplem said:

Okay , so this is the  interesting thing - in some of TJ's flashbacks of the day thumb cutter tortured her, the husband was seated across her tied up as well . We were not shown this before. In earlier episodes , we only saw the cutter hit the husband as he came in, and we had assumed he died on the spot. So he was tortured too. But why was there never a recollection of that in her memory in her flashbacks???

There was the flashback of him seated across from her in earlier episode. I remembered it. Turtle asked for information, because TJ didn't want to say anything, he said something like Shall I start with your husband first...

It's Park Hoon, right? The guy playing her husband?

And the preview... it's showing DCK being smug? Why is he tidying his hair in the mirror? He was the one pulling that man (Park?) on the floor, right? I am confused too because I think DCK planted the drugs in DC Park's car for Jang to find so he can be arrested...?

52 minutes ago, triplem said:

TJ goes back to her office . She goes to her room , omo! Her husband is still alive ! 

I wanted to asked about her husband. In episode 11 she said about her ex husband (what the killer did to him as well) and I did wonder why did I think he was dead? :D

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There was the flashback of him seated across from her in earlier episode. I remembered it. Turtle asked for information, because TJ didn't want to say anything, he said something like Shall I start with your husband first...

It's Park Hoon, right? The guy playing her husband?

And the preview... it's showing DCK being smug? Why is he tidying his hair in the mirror? I am confused too because I think DCK planted the drugs in DC Park's car for Jang to find so he can be arrested...?

Yes . It’s Park Hoon . 

That last scene of the whole drug bit confused me . I know he set up the spy cam . And came to get the drugs later . Is DCK part of Jang Society??? 

3 minutes ago, larus said:

I wanted to asked about her husband. In episode 11 she said about her ex husband (what the killer did to him as well) and I did wonder why I thought he is dead? :D

I was under the impression all along he was . No idea why :w00t:

24 minutes ago, triplem said:

I am as confused as heck. This drama is like a maze , just when you thought that you can finally figure it out, they throw you a curveball 

I can hardly wait for subs!  This episode looks epic as well as confusing.  How will we ever figure out what is gonna happen next?

I really wanna know why SY was teasing Our Bodyguard while YG seems to be egging her on. :D  (And, yes, Jae Sik is still the only person I trust on this drama.  ;) )

I have not yet read any of the comments but just want to record my thoughts. 

There has always been a thought in my mind questioning whether Han Tae Joo's husband really died.  Having seen him at the end of Episode 12, can he be the real culprit?  Can he be the ultimate mastermind? 

Anyways, I'm waiting for the release of the subtitles so that I can re-watch it. 

p.s. Young Geun hugged Tae Joo.  Awww .... :blush:

4 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

skills, she looked like she was impersonating DCK! :mrgreen:   

I don't like that KYG was watching so cold: <_< My ship has sunk so fast  :bawling:

IKR! When she put in the chewing gum, I thought that was a familiar move . :lol: 

@thistle @Ameera Ali They were definitely trying to get JS to spill the beans , so YG signalled her to use her charms , which is something she has to work harder on . She won’t be able to do undercover work at this rate :joy:

6 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

Having seen him at the end of Episode 12, can he be the real culprit?  Can he be the ultimate mastermind?  

I did not watch episode 12 but I read some comments here. (I could not help it).

It is possible that Tae Joo`s attack was orchestrated by him so nobody will get  suspicious of him. I am curious about Tae Joo`s work from that time. What evidence she had that they tortured her to get it.

If her ex husband was involved in what happen with her, he is a despicable man. 

3 minutes ago, larus said:

I did not watch episode 12 but I read some comments here. (I could not help it).

It is possible that Tae Joo`s attack was orchestrated by him so nobody will get  suspicious of him. I am curious about Tae Joo`s work from that time. What evidence she had that they tortured her to get it.

If her ex husband was involved in what happen with her, he is a despicable man. 

Do you know what her ex hubs does ? I can’t remember if they mentioned. Also a prosecutor? 

Why does it seem to me that at the end of the day, the "clean" people are DC Park and Jang?? Somehow I felt that DC Park got played by Yeom and DCK. Well, I guess I need to wait for subs before saying anymore.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Long story short - DCK asked DC Park if he was the one who sent the video , and his very cryptic answer leads me to believe that he is part of the Jang Society and the mastermind:

Isn't catching those pests that are corrupting our society more honorable than catching someone who killed a few people? 

The above is still confusing me too... Wouldn't that mean Park is on the righteous side? I guess maybe because the Chinese subs said "the right way (the more accurate thing to do)" instead of "more honorable".... And I remembered he was confused upon hearing DCK mention "Warrior Club"...

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

They were definitely trying to get JS to spill the beans , so YG signalled her to use her charms , which is something she has to work harder on . She won’t be able to do undercover work at this rate :joy:

Poor girl has got NO skills whatsoever.  :lol:

If we didn't have Jae Sik, this drama would be much too dark.  In his own way, he is our ray of sunshine.  

Thank goodness I have a busy day ahead (have to make a dozen loaves of bread), so waiting for subs will be less hard.  But I'm sure that I'll  be thinking about Watcher a lot while I'm kneading and kneading and kneading.

I'm still catching up on episode 11, but had to pop up here, rolling on the floor laughing! These lines almost killed me: 

KYG: "There is a video of him inhaling white powder in his nose in a bar."

Awkward silence.

Then DCG: "It must be medicine that you inhale with your nose."

:lol::lol::lol::joy:

42 minutes ago, triplem said:

Do you know what her ex hubs does ? I can’t remember if they mentioned. Also a prosecutor?  

I don`t remember either. I don`t think they mentioned about them. They did not explain the circumstances of the attack.

In Ep 11, when Do Chi-Gwang said that what they did bad has repercussions, Tae Joo had a flash back to the moment of her torture. I wonder what she did or what case she was investigating.

haven't been here for a while but whoa, taejoo's husband's sudden reappearance really shook things up! always thought he was dead. then again looking back (on hindsight of course lol), it never really was explicitly mentioned he died haha.  younggoon's mom case has been pretty well-explored in this show so far (and still confusing as ever lol, even at ep12). but taejoo's case, not so much. guess we all took at face value that her husband got tortured and died, and she got her thumb cut. as it turns out, we have more new info - her husband is alive, plus he got his thumb (two thumbs) cut too :o i'm feeling the same as when they introduced kim jae myung in ep05 - introduction of a new character who is quite integral to the case (unlike the new characters who were the clear gangleaders/petty criminals) which seems to signify another major plot turning point.

haven't watched with subs but it doesn't seem like the killer who was unmasked today (jang hae ryong's underling) was taejoo's thumb cutter? was it kim kang wook who died earlier on? (gotta rewatch with subs tmr) the guy today also doesn't seem like younggoon's mom's killer 15 years ago, he looks too young hmm.... guess that's why there's been speculation here (+ at dc gallery) that there's several 'generations' of thumb killers/'turtle'. a method that's passed on like what the forensic pathologist mentioned previously.

53 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just want to share something about the translation of Jang Society. In the Chinese subs I watched, it's more like "Warriors Club" or "Soldiers Club". I understand how the translation can get mixed up, and actually don't know which is actually the correct one, but just sharing that the pronunciation in Korean is the same for both 將士會 (Warrior Club) and 張社會 (Jang Society)

thank you for this! i too was confused @ Jang Society cause it sounded weird. 將士會 makes much more sense. i should have thought to watch the c-subs to double-check haha didn't think of that.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Okay , so this is the  interesting thing - in some of TJ's flashbacks of the day thumb cutter tortured her, the husband was seated across her tied up as well . We were not shown this before. In earlier episodes , we only saw the cutter hit the husband as he came in, and we had assumed he died on the spot. So he was tortured too. But why was there never a recollection of that in her memory in her flashbacks???

there was, in ep03 where taejoo was talking with lee hyojung (the organ donator girl) at the hospital and prosecutor lee dong yoon appeared. he mentioned about her past which brought to her mind the recollection. timestamp-wise it's around 11:30, may be different depending which video you're watching.

9nAR0S7.jpg

in any case, the show was right haha it didn't specifically show him getting killed. at that time i too just assumed he got killed after this. anyway since he's alive, curious to see his part in all this.

spoiler (text preview for ep13):

Spoiler

yoon jihoon (taejoo's alive husband, haha) will defend deputy commissioner park in court. (seems like him together with taejoo will defend park together)

well that's interesting what's going on haha

final thoughts: ep09-10 was actually losing me tbh, idk i felt the baek song-yi is dead arc was anticlimactic and unsatisfying when it was revealed chi-kwang set it up...felt a bit of a filler. ep11 brought it back to the main mystery and felt tighter - more deaths (lol sounds sadistic), the district attorney and his drugs, Turtle, the Boyfriend reveal etc. ep12 though i haven't watched with subs seems promising too.

also, taejoo. the contrast between her and chi-kwang is amplified in this week's eps. she just wants to know(kill?) the thumb cutter, she doesn't even care about the mastermind. all just so she can have a good night's sleep, and really, just to actually live her life properly. versus chi-kwang who wants to catch the mastermind to end all this (stop people getting hurt, as his favourite motto goes). it's frustrating, because we all know just catching the actual cutter (who's also just a pawn/worker) won't solve everything. but if just knowing the cutter can give her peace of mind, i can see why she's so desperate. putting herself up for sacrifice, running solo amok...at the same time derailing the actual plans of the team which they had agreed on before. can see why viewers are annoyed haha. one thing's for sure though, she's stayed true to the character from the start. she only thinks of herself. she knows she's selfish (she admitted to younggoon in ep06, and i think several times after that). she charges ahead like a bulldozer. she over-complicates things. but that's why i find her fascinating (and yes, at times frustrating too). she's not a totally likeable character, it's like a love-hate situation.

(really last point!) i somehow like the taejoo-younggoon interactions. every time they look at each other....they seem to have this deep understanding with each other, is it a victims kind of bond? taejoo lies, schemes, pretends quite often to get what she wants, but i feel she's at least the most honest when it comes to younggoon. younggoon knows she's selfish, and has had several outbursts/disagreements with her too, but in the end he kind of understands her too? i don't know how to describe it haha. the hospital scene between them near the end of ep12 ;;;;

Archived