[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

larus

I caught half the eps before the site i used started giving me problems...

I laughed at the part when Jae Sik was learning English ...he's cute.  But YG most definitely got the ledger taken from him by the thumb cutter ...who now too has a name - Turtle :mrgreen:

Strangely though this ledger does not reveal much. It just mentions that DCK may have manipulated evidence on KJM's case ( which we already know) and there was this thing about Jang Society.  Also YG found nothing about dad's corruption. 

But SY was asked by the Investigation Team ( Jang's Team ) to keep an eye on the team . She came clean with YG but she said she never once spilled the beans on them , and YG believes her  ( I too believe so ) as they would have been disbanded a long time ago given that a lot of their investigation procedures are against the protocol. He asked her why she never changed her password...she said maybe she just wanted to be caught. ...poor gal. She really likes the team she is working with and it was hilarious when she asked DCK to address her less formally. YG did not rat on her to DCK , as he knew it would destroy her career. He advised her to ask for a move to another team later on. But SY did say the instructions for her to keep an eye on them came from the very top. :w00t:

Commissioner Yeon looks a little suspicious to me..  

Look at this screen capture.... can't be  SY as SY was still in the office...

3KZfjT2.png

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please don’t distracted our bodyguard from learning English, his fan love pineapple drink :mrgreen:

5d4f5867a3490934677482.gif?download

5d4f5930afa5a835131844.gif?download

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

She always was my pick for finger cutting  , I can’t trust her  :mrgreen:

26 minutes ago, triplem said:

I laughed at the part when Jae Sik was learning English ...he's cute. 

Loved that.  But why is he is talking about.....

Spoiler

Pineapples!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

26 minutes ago, triplem said:

At first I thought it was SY but later realized that it could not be.  However, it does appear that it could be a woman.  The person is small and there was a height difference with YG.  Also the person was clever but not as strong as YG and had to use the door as a sort of a fulcrum to assist in levering him upward but still could not fully pull him off the floor.

I still think that Yeom is very, very suspicious and she was my second possible suspect in this scene as the murderer.

.....editing to add that I also wondered what Lawyer Han was doing in the back seat while on the way to YG's apartment.  Could she have been texting someone?  Don't know why but I felt that she was up to something.

@triplem

Exactly! 

Those were my suspicions too LoL:w00t: I was like Hey. Wait a minute, the killer :ph34r: sort of looks like Soo-Yeon...? :blink: I mean the build was quite petite. And when the scene panned to the killer's face the eyes look somewhat feminine... 

And later there's a scene of Soo-Yeon bein' at the police station so she's ruled out..unless she's got super powers eheheh. :lol:

With the recent scandals in K-Pop, I'm also not surprised by the incompetence of South Korean police:rolleyes:

@disembody

IKR LMFAo?! 

I'm like DUDE. Are you an amateur?! Or maybe y'know the PD knows y'all girls wanna see Oppa's face more:w00t: plus it's just good old K-drama logic:phew:

So I completed the episode. And from what I deduce the mastermind behind Turtle ( the thumb cutter ) are from a group of elite police officers called the Jang Society. And it seems like DC Park is one of them from his conversation at the end with DCK. 

Anyway in case you are confused , I am recapping ( and ironing out my own confusion ) the crucial 2nd half here :

Spoiler

Just to back track to Han Tae Joo's speculation mid episode - So TJ's deduction was that the prosecutors were closing in on the drug gangs ( which Muil has some stake in , son of Muil boss is investor in the club that sells drugs and a druggie himself) , so the gangs/ Muil tried to get the prosecution office to back off by sending a video of the District Attorney Min Young Ki ( Prosecutor Lee's boss) sniffing drugs in a club , the one belonging to the Muil heir.  But this did not scare the prosecutors , who in turn sent Thumb Cutter Turtle , a police officer to scare them back - I suppose the thumb cutting was a warning. So this make sense why so many gangsters in the past were killed and in 2017 two related people  - a drug dealer from the gang and Muil's former Strategic Leader ( before ex -cop Park Si Young)  went missing. ( The ledger was by this Strategic Leader).  At this point TJ suspects that DA  Min was the mastermind.

So using this as a lead ,  DCK and YG goes look for one of the former gang members who was now serving his sentence doing community service. This guy received a cryptic spam message on his phone and ran off while in the middle of doing comm service.  They managed to track the guy and the spam message led them to a recently abandoned massage parlour where the two missing men were - tortured and thumbs cut off. Think one of them survived.

The team now thinking that DA Min is really the mastermind , thinks of ways to get him to come for interrogation. They found out he was paying an official visit to congratulate Commissioner Yeom on her appointment as Comm( but this is strange as she was appointed a year ago). So they decided to use this opportunity to arrest him without warrant on suspicion he was doing drugs.TJ had earlier got her media friend to write a speculative article based on a tip off from an anonymous lawyer . So anyhow with DC Park's cooperation , they arrested him in Park's office, but lo and behold , miss selfish TJ ( sorry so annoyed with her here) decides to turn the tables and tells DA Min she'll be his lawyer and get him out of this. DCK ,  cool and collected , asked her why she's going back on the agreement , and she says while she trusts DCK and YG , she does not trust the rest of the force. Her goal at the end was what it has always been to find out who tortured her and killed her hubs.   DCK and YG , on the other hand sees the bigger picture and wish to catch the mastermind as they are certain  Turtle was just a tool.

So at her office - TJ began questioning DA min ( still high on drugs) . DA Min said that Turtle is acting on the directions of a group of elite officers within the force. In fact DA Min was quite scared when DCK arrested him earlier, even asking if DCK was from the Jang Society. He mentioned he was forced to help them to deal with stuff . It was not shown how much he managed to tell TJ because by the time DCK and YG were able to get into her office, DA Min was dead and TJ was in utter shock and fear, holding the gun that supposedly killed Min. But of course it was not her as it was clearly Turtle who did this. 

Now this is the part that bugs me - DC Park very quickly made a press con about it , something felt off there as this is normally done by Comm Yeon. When DCK went to see DC Park about this , DC says it is suicide. DCK says no, someone else did this . But DC Park takes out his phone and said someone had tip off the media about Min's drug use complete with video. ( the exact one in the ledger!) . So DC Park says he killed himself because he was ashamed. Long story short - DCK asked DC Park if he was the one who sent the video , and his very cryptic answer leads me to believe that he is part of the Jang Society and the mastermind:

Isn't catching those pests that are corrupting our society more honorable than catching someone who killed a few people? 

So  my take  is that Jang Society is indeed a group of law enforcers who are so called delusional with the system and want to serve justice in a country where the corruption is so systemic that it was impossible to trust the law to to deal with the corrupt. So these folks are self-appointed vigilantes. And DC Parks words at the end there sounds very much like the mindset of a member of Jang.

@Latte_Anyday @thistle since now that it is confirmed that Comm Yeon is the "Boyfriend" ( so cute that DCK knew all along) and seems like she wants to help DCK and team to solve this , I wonder if she had known about Jang Society all along, and now it does not seem like she is part of them.  This would make sense as she was the one who had greenlighted the team in the first place. I had  wondered if she was the thumb killer given the small frame , but this does not correlate with an earlier video in eps 7 where he / she lashed at TJ's husband. The frame was bigger there. So perhaps Turtle could be different people using the same modus operandi following the instructions of Jang Society

2 hours ago, triplem said:

So perhaps Turtle could be different people using the same modus operandi following the instructions of Jang Society

I also think that there must be more than one person.  But I still wonder if Yeom could be deep in this Turtle mess.  As a female officer, she must have had to deal with a lot of problems on the force that have angered her and that she would not have been able to combat openly; it makes sense that she would be finding ways to work behind the scenes to take action against the bad cops.  It says a lot that she has used another female office as her plant.  

Seems like we need to watch the women in this drama carefully.  Is there any one of them that we can trust?

Lawyer Han has stirred up more trouble than she can handle.  If she was willing to double-cross DCK & Crew, then who else has she angered by double-dealing?  

I can't recall the name of the character but we saw a quick reminder scene of the female client that Lawyer Han had early in this drama--the client who essentially double-crossed Lawyer Han.  How is she involved in all of this now?  I want to wonder if she could be the Turtle who targeted YG but we know that Turtle is with the police so this doesn't seem possible.  

Honestly the plot is so thick at this point that it's hard to stir the pot, and I can't even quite put all the details together either.

This isn't exactly related but I keep thinking about the name Turtle.  Where I live, there is a species of turtle that crosses my land every spring on their path to breed.  And I always worry about my cats who live outdoors because those turtles are very dangerous--they can literally bite off the legs of small animals or the fingers of people.  They are Not cute little turtles; they are deadly dangerous.  And I think that's what we've got here:  snapping turtles.

Scary turtle picture

Spoiler

reptile_alligator-snapping-turtle_600x30

LO and I just finished watching with subs.

(humble brag) I'm glad that people are getting on board the 'multiple thumb killer train'. The speed at which the killer gets about is pretty frightening imo. 

LO thinks it would sit right within Yeom's MO to be both boyfriend and also turtle...

For me, DC Park is still the head of all this. He talked in episode 1 about knowing about only bringing good news etc and turtles are about knowing how to go into hiding in order to protect themselves. He is also power focused and ***BITTER***.

I know we are meant to trust JSY but I can't... sorry... she is just too... innocent. Why would they trust someone like her to do a job like this? If it was so important... 

Here is a list of the names in the Giants Club (Jang/Chief Society) folder...-->all of them have "police" next to their names btw (apologies for any misspellings):

Spoiler

Min Yeong-ki

Kim Chang-uk

Kim Myeong-ho

Lee Sang-won

Park Jin-woo

Jo Dae-seong

Lee Hyo-jeong

Kim Do-hyeon

Moon Ki-bum

Go Joon-gil

Kim Song-hyeon

Lee Joo-hyeong

Seo Seok-ho

Kim Jae-ryeon

An Seong-kyo

Yoon Soo-jong

Park Seo-won

Do Min-ho

Hwang Soo-hyeon

does anyone recognise any of the names? We know it hasn't been updated since 2017...

What we do know is that JHR isn't on the list--unless I missed his name right at the bottom! This not so secretly makes me happy.

V. curious about the next episode... I feel like we are beyond ready for the conclusion so it will be interesting to see how they stretch out the final five episodes.

30 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

felt the family vibe that the team seems to have at the start of the drama was back and i really enjoyed the return of those bonds! 

Me too . I was quite moved by the scene at the beginning when YG was wondering why dad did not trust him enough to give the ledger to him straight away & what if he had never found it . He felt as if dad may have erased all the corruption charges he supposedly had.  Then I just loved how DCK assured him that dad would hv wanted to solve the case & tell him everything after. 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

can't recall the name of the character but we saw a quick reminder scene of the female client that Lawyer Han had early in this drama--the client who essentially double-crossed Lawyer Han.  How is she involved in all of this now?  I want to wonder if she could be the Turtle who targeted YG but we know that Turtle is with the police so this doesn't seem possible

Her name is Lee Hyo Jung  . She was the one who was supposed to give her kidney to her “Husband” .  prosecutor Lee , the one who was pushed off the building had arranged the deal / was somehow in cahoots under his boss’s instructions. His boss is DA Min who just died . Anyhow she can’t be as she’s in jail . Han TJ sent her there for being involved in illegal organ transplant. 

@tinymel in the list above, I recognise Min Young ki who was the District Attorney that just died , and Park Jin woo is the Deputy commissioner. Yes , the latter is the most likely culprit right now , something I had suspected from the beginning . However the drama is very good at making you doubt your guesses :D

@Ameera Ali I like SY a lot . I think I know why Yeom got her to do this. She’s the straight & narrow sort , and Yeom figured she won’t disobey what she’s been told to do . 

Edit: I’ll try to watch live & give some simple recaps 

44 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I wonder if we can avoid the loss of one of the good guys. If the show wants to keep us on the edge of our seats, it must raise the stakes. The big 3 are safe but sadly not the secondary characters.

For me it's a tie between Jae Sik and JSY.

Not Bodyguard Oppa!  :o I'd flip a table.  :crazy:

At the end of the day, I think that DCK is gonna have a price to pay and that he can't get away clean.

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

Her name is Lee Hyo Jung  . She was the one who was supposed to give her kidney to her “Husband” .  prosecutor Lee , the one who was pushed off the building had arranged the deal / was somehow in cahoots under his boss’s instructions. His boss is DA Min who just died . Anyhow she can’t be as she’s in jail . Han TJ sent her there for being involved in illegal organ transplant.

How did I forget she was in jail?!  :blink:  Bad me.  When they showed that short clip with her in it, I thought it must mean something because dramas don't usually hark back like that unless a character will make a return.

Live caps

TJ being interrogated by Jang . Same as last night , asking if she shot him. 

DC Park is watching from the other side . Yeom comes in exchanges some words , hmm definitely these two are not on the same side . Interestingly TJ was telling a list of names of prosecutors & cops to Jang. Yeom intervenes & says stopped presssuring her & she had a hard  day . Jang had to let her go

yeom , TJ , DCK , YG , SY meet in the room . Not sure what transpired but at the end before she left she asked DCK if he’s cool with SY. SY then apologise to TJ for being the “mole “ for Yeom. TJ says she understands, and she knew . She asked DCK if he did , he says yes . SY shocked . YG annoyed he was the only one who didn’t . Lol! 

The younger ones & Jae Sik go to TJ office to check out the gun shots .

Then later TJ tells DCK what happened. As she was pressuring DA min for names , Turtle came in & shot Min & quickly put the gun in Min’s hands . She took the gun & shot at the guy twice but missed but it hit him a bit  . ( the guy was short & eyes look like DC Park , let’s check the videos later ) 

DC park came in to talk to the two . He was stressed out and it he seemed insistent it was a suicide   . In her flash back after the gun shot , Jae Sik had come in to help her . She got him to get blood sample from door . But I think she does not trust cops , so I think willl get tested outside , but she exasperated DCK because she wants to do things her way 

Jae Sik , YG & SY in TJ office . Very cute scene btwn JS & SY ( see later : D ) . Then a guy came to look for JS . Something about Kyoro cleaning again. Later on they interrogate some guy ( not sure who ) . But after the guy left , DCK & YG stood in front of the mind map & DCK thought of something or about someone . They ask SY about it , flashback to when YG & DCK went to check on Kyoro cleaning . 

Then DCk tells SY to go check on something & he & YG went back to Kyoro cleaning. Check the incinerator again , there’s hidden compartment.  

Now we see prosecutors come to use kyoro cleaning to burn drugs ceased . But what they do is they don’t burn all of it . They actually keep some in her secret compartments & then take some pics of those remaining to look like they burn them. Wow ! The prosecution is in cahoots in supplying the drugs 

Anyway later on , Jang & team come and catch the staff from Kyoro cleaning  & seize the hidden drugs .  

DC Park getting ready to give press con & speaking to Jang . DCK comes in says some stuff ( sorry need subs ) 

Kyoro cleaning guy being interrogated by Jang. Jang points to camera , walks over to the guy & says some stuff quietly to him . 

DCk gets call but does not pick up . He asked SY for her spy cam . 

TJ goes to see DC Park. Her office had cctv . She shows him the video of the shooting . How can it be suicide ? She’s somewhat threatening him. Wah DC Park was mad ! 

After she left , he called someone & mentioned about TJ . TJ goes back to the team’s office . SY calls DCK & says that Comm has gone somewhere. She’s like DCK mole now . He tells TJ he  has to go out . She says she’ll wait in office . DCK used the spy cam to observe her . She gets a call from JS then she left 

Yeom bumps into DC Park who was in a huff & a puff as she said some things to annoy him 

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Seems like we need to watch the women in this drama carefully.  Is there any one of them that we can trust?

I am glad the women are important chracters in the drama.

I just watched episode 11. I want yo watch episode 12 with subtitle too. I can`t wait.

Just a few thoughts.

It was not a surprised that Yeom Dong-Sook was the "Boyfriend". The majority of us had a strong  suspicious that Yeom Dong-Sook sent Soo Yeon to keep an eye on the team, especially on Do Chi-Gwang. Something is telling me that Yeom is part of the Jang Society. I don`t trust her. 

About the Thumb Killer or Turtle.. for the first time I saw clearly that the person who wanted to kill Young Goon was a woman. How she moved, the allure, everything was telling me that the person who took the ledger was a woman. I have to watch again the scenes when Thumb Killer appeared.

Maybe there are more than one killer. The killer`s line could be Jang Society motto or something. 

It is hard to believe that a woman took down bigger men than Young Goon, like Park Si-Young or   Kim Jae-Myung, all by herself. I`ll see.

I don`t want to read the recaps for today episode but I imagine how wrong I will be in my perception when I will watch the next episode. :lol:

Jang got Jae Sik to come in for interrogation ( why ?) and showed him different sort of weapons . Asked him what each one was annoying JS

YG & Sy follow DC Park to a payphone . They try to listen in to him . Lol! Think he called them , what are you doing he said ? Yg got out of the car & had to explain or talk to him . Then Park says do you know where is TJ ? 

Yg ran back to the car. 

TJ has returned to the room. She Locked it ..DCK still observing her , yG Called & told him . Omg thumb killer is there.  Looks like a woman now . They fight . She stabbed Turtle . Says a Lot . But turtle fought back . The person has mental problems, popped some pills . But now seeing the person’s eyes not like anyone we know   .lol! 

DCK came to save her but she tazed him . She wants to kill him herself. The guy ran . She caught up & the guy was too injured , she ripped his Mask . Not a guy we know !!! 

TJ does not believe it’s the same guy . I think the original thumb cutter was the wayward cop that died in Jang’s hand as they had a flashback to a scene of him saying the humanity line . Anyhow YG came in & he got emotional as this one definitely killed his dad.  He was going to kill the guy himself but DCK held him back 

later DCK & TJ sit down as she recovers , and she thanked DCK 

DCK & Jang exchange some words . Later DCK went to see DC Park. Very Long conversation btwn the two ( need subs) . TJ name brought up . He is still giving park the suspicious look . 

Dck has set a trap earlier on with Kyoro cleaning to keep the drugs for DCk to test himself . Daebak , DC Park i think is responsible for that whole drug stuff . Cops come in to take him away .  Yeom comes in to congratulate DCK on a job well done. 

Archived