[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

larus

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, thistle said:

Thank goodness, Bodyguard Jae Sik knows what she is up to!  He will save the day!  :D

But isn’t hilarious, he end taking her money , not coming back with a coffee  :joy:  

Spoiler

EB7BDA3A-665E-4548-A321-B92F34D304D5.gif

5409FC54-E0FB-47EC-89BB-9418AFAD0415.gif

7443304E-D17C-4021-82EA-3DC1E7531135.gif

4D9D9F03-C306-4678-93B7-9A398A6F25E2.gif

Him

0037879C-FC40-4EC0-A8A0-6DEB9D840FB4.gif

1 minute ago, Ameera Ali said:

But isn’t hilarious, he end taking her money , not coming back with a coffee  :joy:  

He's good at collecting loans, so maybe she owes him something.  :D

Things are getting intricate. I love it! 

But there are some production stuff bugging me. Putting in spoiler because some might not like it being pointed out. 

Spoiler

- Why was there a gun at the back seat of the car where Oh used to sit? 

- The part where Jo is digging and found buried bodies can never be done by human hands. Note the straight dug wall. 

- I thought Jo only spray the floor with luminol, but they could see blood stains on sofa and stairs too? Basically the whole room?

YG once again lost someone he needs to keep watch on and it resulted in death. He is definitely not the watcher in the title Watcher. :sweatingbullets:

Up till now, I still have full faith in DCK even though he is being shown as shady. One encounter with Chairman Jung does not mean he is his man.

But argh! Has the SK police never been trained to shoot arms or legs to disarm a criminal?? Why one killing shot to the heart?? (side-eyeing Children of Nobody too)

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But there are some production stuff bugging me.

I noticed all of those, too, and I wondered about them.  Especially 

Spoiler

the digging.  There were obviously body parts sticking out of the wall and no one noticed?!  Even when she was standing just inches away, she didn't see?  She only found out when she took a couple of steps back?  Does NOT make sense. 

And I don't think I even have to mention what it would SMELL like with multiple dead bodies there.  Those cops are digging without even face masks?  Impossible.

Once an opossum died under my house.  Even after we removed the carcase, the house was uninhabitable for several days due to the stench and I had to stay elsewhere for the duration.  That was one small dead animal and it was removed.  Stink was still unbearable.  I'll never forget it.   So exactly how foul will multiple rotting human bodies smell?  Believe me, no one could miss the fact that they were there.

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But argh! Has the SK police never been trained to shoot arms or legs to disarm a criminal?? Why one killing shot to the heart?? (side-eyeing Children if Nobody too)

Come Here and Hug Me had a leg shot:  got him right in the knee, and then the actor forgot to limp in later scenes.  :blink:  Someone with a blown kneecap would have a serious straight-leg limp but never mind.  But, yeah, Children of Nobody--that kill shot was bad.  I was furious at the way they tied that storyline up and I'm still not over it but never mind that, too.

Definitely a bit too convenient that the guy got shot and died without revealing the whereabouts of the ledger but I think that there has been a big clue about where it is.  In Oh's apartment when everything was all covered with fingerprint dust and completely messy, there was one very obvious item that was clean as a whistle, and it didn't have blood stains from the Luminol spraying either.  When the clean-up team came in, I was literally screaming at the screen:  I know where it is!  You need to get the ledger now or they are gonna throw it away!!!  But, you know what, I also think that the clean up team probably works for the Big Bad Guy and they are there to comb for the ledger one more time.  I wonder if they'll find it?  :P

Anyone else thinking the same as me?  The ledger is.....

Spoiler

hidden in the wedding picture.

That's what I'd bet money on anyhow.  But now I've said it, it probably is somewhere else.  :wacko:

Soo-Yeon seem to be an ace at locating stuff. Turns out she used to work for the Forensics Unit. The sight of her shoveling was sort of a stretch for me LoL. I mean taking her small frame into consideration & in previous ep. she doesn't come across as a formidable person (shrug) And yet she was able to deduce the pile of bodies buried in a mass grave? K-Drama logic indeed;)

I'm LoL when she chided Young-Goon for firing a gun instead of simply honking:lol: I guess even the coolest, most experienced of cops get flustered too:P  

WOW! Many things happened and there were so many surprising turns and twists .

I still think Do Chi-Gwang is not the culprit that Tae Joo thinks he is but we`ll see.

Kim Jae-Myung is about to be released on parole and with him out things will get more interesting.

Everyone suspects the others. No one is spare in this drama. :D

I can not watch the next episodes but I am looking to read this thread. I am sure there will be lots of comments here. I catch up when I get back from my trip.  

I forgot to mention. I wonder if the body they found (the skeleton actually) is from that detective that has gone missing 15 years ago.  Do Chi-Gwang was asking Kim Jae Myung about him.

18 minutes ago, larus said:

WOW! Many things happened and there were so many surprising turns and twists .

I still think Do Chi-Gwang is not the culprit that Tae Joo thinks he is but we`ll see.

Kim Jae-Myung is about to be released on parole and with him out things will get more interesting.

Everyone suspects the others. No one is spare in this drama. :D

I can not watch the next episodes but I am looking to read this thread. I am sure there will be lots of comments here. I catch up when I get back from my trip.  

I forgot to mention. I wonder if the body they found (the skeleton actually) is from that detective that has gone missing 15 years ago.  Do Chi-Gwang was asking Kim Jae Myung about him.

Yes, a lot of things in ep6. 

Now we know why Lawyer Han don't want to tell some things to Detective Do. She herself said that the murder of YG mom and what happened to her was done by the same guy. She said she was re investigating his mom's death as she felt something was wrong. 

Why? Why? Why? Kim Jae Myung wants to come out of parole after 15yrs and keeping quiet for this long years? He didn't bother to contact his son as he said he wanted to protect his son but the way I see it, he purposely contacted his son for a reason. Looks like he was using his son. That's what my mom and me was discussing. And he doesn't look like a nice person.

Ok Detective Do got a lot of things to explain. He was the first to found YG mom, found him hiding scared and caught his father. IS he a BAD guy? I don't think we got the answers yet. But that Mr Park himself asked him as he also doubt Detective Do a good guy or bad guy. 

But the thing is, I don't get it at Lawyer Han character. She looks like a double person. How do we know she is a good person too? She is asking YG to join her to investigate his mom's death. Did he really saw the murderer? He said he don't remember much. 

Looks like in ep7, old cases will be coming up with the soo many bones being found at the same place.   

after ep5 i’m still super impressed with KHJ and her acting.. her expressions and flair and everything.. negotiating with the Muil boss.. :wub: at least all of us know whats her objective in this kd.. Lawyer Han is very focused on her objective. i duno so much about Detective Do.. maybe it’ll be a twist for this (unlike Doctor Romantic) hahaha

7 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

after ep5 i’m still super impressed with KHJ and her acting.. her expressions and flair and everything.. negotiating with the Muil boss.. :wub: at least all of us know whats her objective in this kd.. Lawyer Han is very focused on her objective. i duno so much about Detective Do.. maybe it’ll be a twist for this (unlike Doctor Romantic) hahaha

We know what Lawyer Han wants. She wants to find the person who attacked her and her husband. 

Did  they say what happened to her husband? 

Detective Do, no definite what is his agenda. Towards the end of ep6, when he sat on the chair facing the mirror. Flashback to when he shot the guy to save YG. Did I imagine it or did it look like Detective Do was hesitant to shoot at that time and he looked concerned that YG can get hurt.

@titania1000

I love the way Young-Goon's eyes looked when he gaze at Soo-Yeon when she did her forensics thing, he appeared really impressed. Him, her and Jae-Shik are like a comedy trio - whenever they're together they're really funny! Like how Jae-Shik questioned the impersonal way Soo-Yeon saved her "boyfriend" as the caller ID on her phone. Young-Goon answered it's probably she's got too many of 'em ha-ha:w00t: Is he sayin' she's a player LoL?! But Soo-Yeon look like such a Mary Sue character:P

I also like how Young-Goon help pick out her "serious lawyer outfit" :lol::lol:

I'm on the fence over Team Leader Mr. Do...he seem to have a lot of skeletons in his closet hmm...he's a tough one to figure out. At least we're clear on Lawyer Han & Officer Young-Goon's motivations. Mr. Do is a mystery..:phew:

13 hours ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Did I imagine it or did it look like Detective Do was hesitant to shoot

I have the same thought about it. I feel that he is repenting in a way. Do could be a good person, just that he is shrouded with corruption. If he is a bad guy, he wouldn't have ask YG's father about why he would bring his son into it. But that said, I too, agree that he is hiding something. I think it could be related to YG's mother. 

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

It could be that it was very late at night, the light was enough bright and they were all tired: JSY was on her way to leave and it took her few minutes at watching the wall to understand what she was seeing.

I can't agree.  No matter what the light was like, the intense odor of a large amount of rotting flesh would have still been a Major Clue.  As I recall, she was at first saying that they had found nothing but she would have had to know there were more dead bodies there.

indeed it was the only pic of the couple that stayed entirely cleaned and that was hanged, as if the PD wanted to make it more distinct. 

And the camera stayed few seconds longer on this pic too when JSY and KYG discovered the  blood stains on the floor. 

The camera also noticeably stayed a few moments on the wedding picture the first time that SY and KG went to the apartment, and I wondered why.  When the focus was repeated, I thought that there had to be a reason for it.

How do i get ride of those long posts? :tears:

:lol:  Same thing happens to me!  The more interesting the drama is, the longer my posts get.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

4. YG is the one person I trust completely. 

But what about Jae Sik!  ;)  Our bodyguard has been very trustworthy so far, and he notices some clues even faster than the detectives (like that carpet in the Oh's apartment--he knew something was going on with it but he just didn't tell them what he saw; he's very cagey like that).  

3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I know that high ratings aren't always a guarantee a good drama "cough Tvn cough"

Cough cough Ocn Voice 3 cough cough

3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I tried to give the crew a way out by pretending that they thought things differently.:(

This have to do with the media. It is said that we have to film media on whatever we can see or hear. But nothing was said about smell. But reckon would have been great if they direct the cast to act as if he smell something..but I guess his love is too strong and they decided to just forgo the smell.

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Comments are so slow everywhere on the net! I don't know if people are doing something else (enjoying their holidays) or just confused by the twists of the last episode. I saw few viewers comment that they can't follow the characters motivation (it was about HTJ). Hopefully, the writer will fix that on the next episodes!   

I think people are confused by the twists in the last episode. I myself am reeling from how good EP06 was haha. I have so much on my mind that I think I'll spread out my thoughts over a few posts :joy:

Where did you see that comment about HTJ's motivations? Personally, her motivation right now is quite clear to me: to hunt down the person who did that to her and her husband back then. You can see how desperate she was in getting the name out from the Prosecutor in Ep03-04, and how eager she is to find/follow any lead to get the person. It's just that her methods may be quite haphazard - she just tries to get as much information as she can from everyone who could be related/could know something. I don't blame her though, the whole truth of what happened 15 years ago is really so convoluted and baffling right now haha! (Then again, I better not be so certain about TJ's motivation because knowing this show....there could be a total twist anytime haha :joy:)

Motivations-wise, the ones I still can't grasp are Do Chi-kwang and Kim Jae Myung.

Chi-kwang: I still don't think he's the final villain/murderer. The show seems to be throwing quite a lot of red herrings. BUT I don't think he is totally clean either, there is still something he's hiding.

Kim Jae-myung: He seems to care about Young-goon, but he seems to have other agendas too in bringing the whole Oh Sang Do case to attention in the first place.

lkm0TtF.jpg

I think a lot of questions rest on this 'Best Investigation Team' back then. Quick summary of these 5 (L-R):

1. Jang Hae-ryong: Still in the police force - Special Crime Team

2. Do Chi-kwang: Still in the police force - Corruption Investigation Team

3. Jang Hyung-koo: Went missing just before his retirement (Chi-kwang said this in Ep05)

4. Kim Jae-myung: Currently in jail for (allegedly) killing his wife

5. Park Si-young: Left the police force to work in Muil's Corporate Relations (to manage the risk of chaebols). Currently on the run from Muil from 'finishing' him up.

Chi-kwang's conversations with these people in Ep05-06 are quite interesting as it's making me try to piece together what happened back then but it's hard haha. May compile these in another post!

Speaking of comments, there are A LOT at the Watcher korean DC gallery (kind of a forum) - and with it a lot of theories over who's the final villain and more haha which I've been having fun reading :) One main question I've seen too is whether the final villain is among the characters who have appeared so far, or is a character who hasn't appeared yet? Who do y'all think it could be? Interested to know your reasons for thinking so too~

22 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Your family's commentaries were the most funny and insightful! I imagine them making their thoughts out loud while watching live: it must be priceless! :lol:

Aw... LO is very much "don't talk while I'm watching"... We loved ep 6. Like a lot of you he was confused about the mistake with the bodies... because you would totally see/smell them. LO likes the observation about the picture not being covered in blood.

We didn't have a problem with DCK shooting (ooo can't remember his name). I actually wonder if it was the first time DCK killed someone... maybe the first time he shot someone... The way he pointed the gun at himself in the mirror felt very poignant. He also seems like a more hands on kind of guy (I'll beat you up but face to face, man to man.)

I'm starting to think that DCK *knows* about the thumb cutting but never knew the full extent of it. I bet things will fall into place for him when he hears the line about humanity. --my other reason for thinking that DCK isn't the Big Bad is because he is too... in your face. I can't see him ever trying to mask his voice or hide his identity.

It is making me more convinced that the actual bad guy is Director Park... especially after the conversation with Dad. Mainly because if Dad knows that deputy commissioner Park is the real bad guy then Dad can get away with asking for something *really*, *really* big like parole. Also DC Park has been overlooked for promotion and has to answer to a younger woman (though I don't think her sex matters). I like the idea that DO Park is setting JHR up as the fall guy. 'Yeah! Go investigate him!' Plausible deniability and all that.

SOOOOOOooooOOOO excited for this weekend's episodes. We will be at the halfway point :( but still so much to resolve.

(oh, final question from LO, who is sitting next to me, How long have you guys known each other? ... he thinks it is funny with all the interaction that none of us (not 100% sure about this) have ever met in RL... He also says he isn't jealous of 'hottie cop' but Ahjussi is a different story).

Archived