Quantcast
Sushimi

Veggie Medical Examination Event

ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif

This is Dr Sushi speaking. Do you know, 7 April 2019 is World Health Day? It's the day that focuses about health related items that needed to be addressed. Health is very important in our daily lifestyles. We are often told to do things in which it would lead up to us being healthy. Today, we are going to focus on two pointers to celebrate this occasion.

cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

Topic 1

Having a healthy balanced meal is one of the key things that could be easily done by many people, because all you need is to make sure that you are have the right amount of food on your plate.Not too little or excessive. Doctors advised us to have a palm size worth of meat and two cups of vegetables with one or half a bowl of rice for our daily meals. It is also said that having a smaller plate can stop you from having excessive intakes of calories.

Have you seen any dramas that shows the characters having sufficient amount of food for a healthy diet? 

20190407_115423.gif

We all know that K-Dramas often have subways as their sponsors thus they will have to have subways, what we are looking for is something more of an actual cooked meal, with vegetables and meat. Do you have any memorable dinning scenes from any dramas that you would like to share? (Excluding subway)

Topic 2

Other than having a healthy meal to keep us healthy, it doesn't hurt to visit the doctors from time to time, to check our bodies. It is recommended by doctors to visit them yearly for a full body check up, as your health can just change in a matters of months. Since we are taking this time to celebrate and acknowledge our health, it's alright for us to be thankful for the doctors that would heal us when we are sick.

Do you watch a lot of medical dramas?

20190407_115545.gif

As portrayed in a medical dramas, doctors are often the lifesavers for someone who is in need. Do you have any memorable treating scenes from a medical drama that you would like to share?

It is no doubts that each of us plays apart in our own health but it is those little things that we do that goes a mile in the future in the name of health. We would like to take this time to wish that picky eaters just eat some vegetables, and at the same time thanking the doctors who have taken care of us when we were in need. 

Spoiler

Summing up the questions:

Do you have any memorable dinning scenes from any dramas that you will like to share? (Excluding subway)

Do you have any memorable treating scenes from a medical drama that you would like to share?

:) You can share your memorable scenes via gifs, youtube videos :) 

cute1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

@Lmangla

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

No one eats as well as Ha Seok Jin in Drinking Solo! 

Protein - checked 

Vege -checked 

Oil - checked 

Alcohol- checked 

Ha Seok Jin hotness - checked !!!!

- yup sounds like a healthy balanced diet to me :D 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

kekekek... @sushilicious ~ looking for some great family dinner pics and can't find any! hahahhah... but what I like about kdramas especially the weekend ones is they show the importance of a family meal. and it is a full meal. there's rice, veggies, meat, and all sorts of side dishes. the spicy, the sour, the sweet, the crisp, salty -- all these flavours that contribute to a healthy meal are all present in that full table.

besides the food, there are all sorts of chaos that happens at meal times. family members get upset about not being invited for a special occasion. there's the stress of cooking enough food for the clan. there's all the bickering and squabbles that happen over a meal. and sometimes, there's also lots of joy and celebration. food has an incredible way of bringing people together and that is a health aspect that kdramas highlight very well!

five-children-004.png?w=820

soompi friends - stay healthy! hope your meals are filled with good company that makes even the simplest food taste better and even healthy! :blush:

@seteney @katakwasabi @gerrytan8063 @joccu @Blizzardistkaputt @0ly40 @lclarakl @Carmarie @UnniSarah @irilight @Chikadora @jongski @Ldy Gmerm @celebrianna @lu09 @stroppyse @triplem @nohamahamoud2002 @stanncie @Heidi Seow @Friendly kitty @uNiQueEkiX @Ameera Ali @ktcjdrama @Dhakra @mouse007 @kokodus @Sejabin @USAFarmgirl @cenching @staygold @TRaNz @Lawyerh @avondale16 @packmule3 @angelangie @mikoshine

tag your chingus you are watching dramas with or hanging out here in soompi with as we celebrate world health day!

• Like 4
  • Love 13

Here are nine benefits of kimchi:

Contains healthy bacteria and probiotics for the overall wellness of your body. ...

Lowers cholesterol levels. ...

Facilitates healthy body development and clear vision< ...

Produces radiant skin and shiny hair. ...

Prevents stomach cancer. ...

Slows down the aging process.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Medical drama I'm watching now have 2 very impressive scenes of Dr. Na from Doctor Prisoner.

1. He's really ALL IN with the effort of saving his patient life.

And personally do the CPR by himself, you can see how frantic & desperate he is here.

7a3XPDz.gif

Full video https://youtu.be/4IrzWyvKyJU

2. I was almost dropping the drama because too many chatting, but then i saw this and i'm back with the drama.

He act fast to stopped the artery bleeding, and the situation was very urgent and happened only in the blink of eyes. 

MqgdDJg.gif

Full video:https://youtu.be/RPbzG3j04Zo

Plus it wont hurt your eyes if you go to clinic with doctor LOOK like this. (Never happen to me irl, thats why i hate go to doctor lol) vLG40OS.gif

5iOCxwy.jpg

@phoenix24@irilight@gm4queen

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Plus it wont hurt your eyes if you go to clinic with doctor like this. (Never happen to me irl, thats why i hate go to doctor lol) vLG40OS.gif

LOL... once went with a friend to the hospital and I got kind of confused that it was handsome doc and so I forgot his instructions. my sick friend wasn't amused. :sweatingbullets:... so whether handsome or ugly, pay attention!

4 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

@Lmangla - loved that drama, "Five Children".....esp. when the couple worked together in the same office.

one of my fav dramas! and there are so many scenes with food! even the director brother who sneaks in to get his meal was such a riot! as my mom said, "cooking is so enjoyable when you have kids like that to eat!" LOL... :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

One of my fav food is ramen/noodle.....Ramen is especially good with a side of handsome threw in...

2SXnH.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, cenching said:

One of my fav food is ramen/noodle.....Ramen is especially good with a side of handsome threw in...

but is it healthy? :P

during lazy days, mixed rice with all leftovers is always nice option! somehow makes me think it is still healthy! :D or am I deluding myself? 

05-24-2010_00-22-58.jpg?w=510

and did you know that there are over 40,000 varieties of cultivated rice? that means there are lots of ways to cook this humble grain and make it into the healthy meal it is...

• Like 2
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but is it healthy? :P

Absolutely healthy for the soul.....:joy:

• LOL 6

8 minutes ago, cenching said:

Absolutely healthy for the soul.....:joy:

LOL... true!

good health means you get to experiment in your poses and dorky photos like these.. those muscles stretch are hard to do people! ^_^

tumblr_opk4fav4TP1taa1z6o2_1280.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

When I think about eating in a drama, I remember Yul (Junho) from Chief Kim

adegan-junho-di-chiefkim-drama.jpg

And how can I forget our favorite advocate on the subject of EATING

0003848667_003_20180822165829344.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

what do you think about when you see a piggyback ride? I see good health! do you realize how hard it is on the muscles to carry someone who is close to your weight? oppa really needs to be in good shape if he has to smile while giving a piggyback!

e9d92c2f59782a2a66aaf8c0580ee309f54b8e38

bad health or bad mood, oppa looks like this... the torture! piggyback ride -- the health check of kdramas!

mp7-00258.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

good health means you get to experiment in your poses and dorky photos like these.. those muscles stretch are hard to do people! ^_^

Talking about posing and stretching for pictures no one/nothing can beat this scene......

• LOL 6

Do you know? Kissing is actually good for you? It helps to keep you mentally and physically healthy :)  (Even though I’m shifting away from veggies and medical, but I will just state it anyways :) )

20190329_160025.gif

• LOL 7

exercise is good for you.

it means you can run behind and try catch the bus the love of your life is on...

School07-00006.jpg

and you can run behind and save them from the truck of doom thanks to quick reflexes...

totm-in-defense-of-truckofdoom-03.jpg

see, there's benefit to exercise! hit the gym people!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Wow, our healthy list just went on and on covering wider and wider range :lol:

@Lmangla I tried piggybacking my daughter before when she was smaller... it was not easy feat. I still don't understand why Koreans like to piggyback so much. It hurts!!

• LOL 7

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

tried piggybacking my daughter before when she was smaller... it was not easy feat. I still don't understand why Koreans like to piggyback so much. It hurts!!

I agree. I tried on my boy too , he’s 8 & very light but half the time I worried he’d flip backwards ! I prefer to carry him . So you know in dramas the male lead always piggy back the drunk female lead . I am wondering if she’s drunk how would she hold on to him tight  ? . :joy:

• LOL 8