Quantcast
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama] ARSENAL MILITARY ACADEMY 烈火军校

About 90 freakin minutes of their scenes were cut out?! THATS A WHOLE 2 EPISODES! Ugh, this is why I hate all this regulation, censorship stuff. Really heartbreaking to know how much fluff we missed out on between our leads. Someone need to leak those other scenes like they did with the sit up kiss scene. lol I think the drama still did well without all the “romance” and “kiss”, but it wouldn’t hurt to have more scenes of just the both of them too. I wonder why they cut out the scene he helped her to her bed. That scene showed up during XX’s flashback in episode 47? 48? by the bridge as she’s waiting for GYZ to come back. Anyways, it’s disappointing that they couldn’t show those scenes of our OTP but hopefully their next drama together will redeem those scenes we missed. I would have love to see more of it between GYZ & XX as I absolutely love their characters. And the drama too. 

• Like 6

@sakisuki Bravo! Your "A lasting  Impression of This Drama" is very impressive indeed!:blush:

It'll be a good recommendation for those who're undecided on whether to watch it or have dropped it. 

I've read a poster commenting that she couldn't stand GYZ's excessive bullying.:rolleyes:

GYZ was depicted as a rebellious spoilt brat with powerful family background. So it wasn't surprising at all to see him and his bullying antics at the beginning episodes.

BUT his character transformation after falling for XX and his camaraderie with his military buddies is A REAL JOY to watch!:love:

Who'd expect to see a spoilt brat like GYZ washing XX's clothes? (I giggled so hard when he packed the wet clothes into a luggage bag home.)Who'd expect him to become close with a country bumpkin like HS? (If not for the army where everyone is equal regardless of family background) Who'd expect him to rescue JJ when told to escape on the truck?

Who'd expect him to become so patriotic after seeing his buddies die and suffer? Previously he was only enjoying his life and was apathetic.

So to me AMA has really fully developed GYZ's character to the max! B)

And BEST of all, GYZ has found THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE in XX!:love:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Woooo hooo ..my site gave me additional 15 ep subbed today ......auuuuuuu my housework :blush:    .

Reading some comments, GYZ is great in my books....not only did he  button back XX's shirt after her merry night of drinking , he also heroically suffered having her lie down  on top of him , on his own bed LOL.  But , what really put me in his camp was his conscious withholding of the whole night scenario from XX thereby lessening her embarrassment and anxiety at this stage - i am not saying he is not feeling gleeful about it ...just that at this stage it helped XX not to deal with additional burden and a hangover too.....and i am still laughing at his public shower creativity and appreciation of his love :yum:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Can anyone tell me if there is a ship for this OTP?  I watched them in Legend and now this and all I can say is if there isn't with their chemistry,  there should be LOL:lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZEhRmH_SV5xq1Mqtz2PQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAreU0oouUrvfofLAgHf2images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Rv1x2MRiTk68clelSI4lQZ-plyNQW8EUOl8szpmrtRurNRsf

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

In the novel, after their dinner with Xiaoyu and Guoting, SJS asked XX if he has a chance with her, XX replied I like GYZ, I like him a lot

• Like 7

I must admit I have seen a couple of chinese drama's now which have had me hooked right from the start, they are extremely rare as some of the plot lines, acting and casting is questionable.  Some are downright depressing and others have couples spending most of their time split apart for uttterly stupid reasons.  They fight the attraction so long to get together once together and confident someone blows wind their direction and says to break up and they pretty much go "oh okay".  I am left scratching my head why I am even watching the drama.

Drama's now like the untamed, arsenal military academy, doctor qin medical examiner I think it was.  All have better plot lines, interesting characters, well cast and directed well.  Its good to see some good productions coming out of china...

• Like 3

Hehehe .....ep 23 ...You have me, how can you be attracted to other men? :joy:   GYZ is not giving up lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Up to ep 33 ....besides supporting our great main characters and the entire drama,  this  drama is the one that i

give my :star::star::star::star::star: to the Best Girlfriend of 2019 - Tan Xiao Jung. Throughout the previous episodes i fell in love with her sense of humour , her logic as well as unbiased and total support for her girlfriends ..she is equally sassy , comfortable and natural with both Qu Manting  and XX , and one versatile individual . 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Rewatching the whole series with English subs as my Chinese isn't good enough to understand 100% as the Chinese by mainland China is too difficult. And I'm loving this gem of a drama more than ever!:wub:

At ep 9 (he already knew about her disguise) GYZ revealed to XX that he purposely slacked in his trainings so that she wont feel bad. She was 2nd last to him in ranking. :D

Awww! How sweet of him to get some hot water for her to wash clothes as the water was cold. Best of all, he shooed her off and washed them himself. Our rich spoilt guy then decided to pack the dripping wet clothes home for washing by his maids of course. :lol:

Our XX was astrounded by his sudden softening approach to her.:love:

• LOL 2

Hallloooo Soompies ....how did XX pass medical in ep 1....did i miss that piece of info somewhere in the 48 episodes...i finished watching all eps.:innocent:....and only the laundry got done this weekend 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Hallloooo Soompies ....how did XX pass medical in ep 1....did i miss that piece of info somewhere in the 48 episodes...i finished watching all eps.:innocent:....and only the laundry got done this weekend 

It’s a plot hole that never got addressed lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jadore1 said:

It wasnt shown in the drama, but in the novel, she bribed the doctor a gold bracelet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Mauee_A said:

It wasnt shown in the drama, but in the novel, she bribed the doctor a gold bracelet

Thank you @Mauee_A wow  so simple lol.....i thought that she somehow substituted her picture upon her brothers medical , but then the height and the weight would be so obvious i guess .  

• Like 1

LOL We'll never know how she got in but thanks for sharing the info, @Mauee_A. 

I so desperately want to read the novel. I wish someone would be nice, willing to pick up the novel and translate it for us. We missed out on so many sweet scenes in the drama. Only the novel can quench that thirst, even though there aren't really that many in the book but still. lol

6 hours ago, Mauee_A said:

Thanks for sharing this. :P

I took it for granted about this bribery because CORRUPTION was very rampant during that turbulent time and is depicted obviously in this drama.:sweatingbullets:

This drama really highlighted how the Chinese especially the poor suffered during the Republican time. :angry:

GYZ from a rich and powerful family was living a carefree lifestyle and was apathetic towards politics until he enrolled into AMA when he learnt about the sufferings of the common Chinese people. 

Which is why I LOVE his character development a lot!:wub:

• Like 3

help... I'm on crack with this drama, I was supposed to finish some work last night but I end up rewatching it for the second time... clearly I need help..lol :rolleyes:

I love how the male lead figure it out that he is a she very early on, because its true to the character. he's one smart fellow and they are roomate so it will be weird if he doesnt figure it out.

And now we have come to the time for Arsenal Military Academy Awards:

1. Best Hair Flips and winks : GU YANZHEN

2. Fastest crossdressing across town in one day : XIE LIANZHENG/XIE XIANG

3. Best frequent client at the hospital awards : JUNSHANG

4. Best smirks : JUNSHANG

5. Purest soul : SO SONG

6. Best Girl Friday/sidekick : TAN XIAJUN

6. Best friendship quotes : "I would rather Xie Lianzheng be ruined by you than destroyed by Gu Yanzhen -Ji Jin to Yunshang- :P

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

and why would i like to read the novel?.....I am curious to read the description of Shen Ting Bai ...for a young man he seems to be an amazing business man / strategist ...and his only Achilles heel was Qu Man ting (what do their names translate to literally i wonder ? lol )   

In one of the scenes QMT tells my favourite girlfriend in the bar :star:  that she had a crush on him before he started sucking up to her father ...and his fatal mistake of dancing with mayors daughter when he specifically told QMT that the first dance is theirs , no wonder QMT would hold a bit of a grudge :blush: and pay him back in spades. ...so if this info was in the novel , i would have liked to delve deeper into their characters . 

• Like 1

Who would have thought that our uncouth and spoilt brat GYZ could be such A SMOOTH TALKER in front of XX's parents? His rhetorical skills not only impressed XX's dad but me as well! :lol:

We could see the immediate IMPACT he had on her parents with his praises of her parents and they'd already approve of him as their son-in-law. In fact XX was taken aback by his sudden change from an uncouth guy to a polite gentleman. :lol:

I'm NOT SURPRISED at all that GYZ really read those articles written by XX's dad and he's as well educated as SJS! :rolleyes:

So it's a MATCH made in heaven for our GYZ & XX! :heart::love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, gladys57 said:

I'm NOT SURPRISED at all that GYZ really read those articles written by XX's dad and he's as well educated as SJS! :rolleyes:

A very good drama always pulls me back to re watch certain segments or episodes , so after reading your post i went back to ep 16 and as an only son of a Vice President i expect that he had an impeccable education and also family privy to his fathers' throve of intel/ conversations/ newspapers.  I think our GYZ lost a bit of respect towards his own father , hence the rebellion , but with the driver correcting some of his erroneous beliefs  and now even XX's dad praised Mr Gu on the tough position he inherited.    As for match made in heaven, they are excellent  for each other LOL 

• Love 1