Genre:  Romance

Director: Zhu Rui Bin (朱锐斌)

Episodes: 45

Broadcast Date: 3/19/2020 - 4/9/2020

Cast:

Wu Qian as Tang Xue
Zhang Xin Cheng as Li Yubing

Synopsis:

Li Yubing (Zhang Xincheng) was always under his desk mate Tang Xue’s (Wu Qian) thumb – the only thing they had in common was a dream to perform on the ice. By the time they reunite in university, Li Yubing had already become the star player on the ice hockey team, while Tang Xue seemed to have lost all interest in speed skating.

Li Yubing tricks her into becoming his ‘slave’ intending to return all the pain and suffering she caused him as a kid. However, the close interactions allow him to see Tang Xue in a different light, and he begins to develop romantic affections for her.

Cr cfensi

Click here to request the Viki license!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Skate into Love Weibo

Skate Into Love Baidu

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Deng Lun To Cameo in Skate into Love

posted by Binge-watcher on June 21, 2019 5 comments
Deng Lun Ashes of Love Skate into Love
If you are a fan of xianxia romance, then chances are you've seen Ashes of Love and have become familiar with Deng Lunthe actor behind the fiery Immortal Phoenix. The drama's producer Andy Liu Ning is working on his next project Skate Into Love 冰糖炖雪梨 which recently opened up for a media visit. Furthermore, Liu Ning shared a surprise casting announcement. 

ashes of love Yang Zi Deng Lun Andy Yang Zi
He wrote on social media, "Ashes of Love is still bringing home awards internationally, Skate into Love is also going to 'battle' soon. thank you @Deng Lun for helping out with your appearance in Skate into Love, for contributing to the three-part series of Mi Tang (蜜糖), let us continue to compose the chapters @AshesofLove @SkateintoLove @PerfectWorldLiuNingStudio."

He further revealed that Deng Lun will take up the role of an ice god in Skate into Love. Hmm, quite an interesting twist from being the fire god. According to reports, Deng Lun has already arrived in Qingdao to begin filming but hold on... Did Andy Liu Ning just say three parts? If my math is correct, does this mean we're having a third one?

skate into love media visit Janice Wu Steven Zhang
Skate into Love is a story about a skater girl who will come across their school's ice hockey god. Albeit having a rough start, the two will soon fall in love and face trials together. The series stars Janice Wu and Steven Zhang.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, tdci said:

I am also waiting for this drama after having reading the novel.

Oooh, I didn't know it was based on a book, but maybe I should've guessed given how many dramas these days are adapted from web novels.  ;)  Anyway, thank you!  I went searching after you posted and for anyone else who's interested it's currently being translated here, under the title "Rock Sugar and Pear Stew" (the translator explains the reason for the title): https://teafragrance.wordpress.com/rock-sugar-and-pear-stew/

• 3 months later...

Who else is watching?  Episode 1 was mainly set-up but Episode 2 was full on hilarity, precisely what I was anticipating based on the book.  Enjoying it so far and looking forward to more of their hijinks before figuring out how they really feel about each other!  :D 

I LOVE IT SO FAR!!!

The progress isn't exactly like the book but the flow is very smooth so far! Janice Wu fits Tang Xue role well so far, though I wish that she  just a little more ROUGH and more bickering with Li Yu Bing like in the book lol but i guess we have more episodes to go!

P.s. If any of you Viet fans that can read vietsub, the viet title is "Lê Hấp Đường Phèn" (literal translation of the book title too lol) and their subs are out as fast as the episode is out in China. You can google Lê Hấp Đường Phèn vietsub and lots of viet sites come up ... take advantage of it just in case it got taken off loll.... I'm watching its 5th episode right now hehehhh :lol:

I am only up to ep. 2 now. Wait for 3 today. So far I like it but I like the book more. Wish I have not read the book because I find the series drop a lot of what I like in the book. Tang Xue is more devil in the book. Janice Wu is once again can act.

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

i havent started lols.....i guess it should be good since u giving them much credit :) 

@angelangie, I loved the book on which this drama is based and I love the actors playing the male and female lead (Zhang Xin Cheng and Wu Qian), so I was predisposed to love this drama anyway.  Heh.  Fortunately it's living up to expectations so far.  It's fun and cute.  

Some parts of the drama follow the book, and it's always a treat when I stumble upon a recognizable scene, but the drama is definitely making its own adaptations too.  Such as they've added an "annoying" type character by giving the female lead a cousin, who did not exist in the book.  I suppose changes are always inevitable when going from one source to another, particularly when you need to fit a story within a certain length and hook viewers' attention, but what's most important to me is that the drama so far has been keeping to the spirit of the book and that's something I really appreciate!  

Archived