Director: Zhang Wei Ke (张伟克)

Episodes: 36

Broadcast Date: 3/24/2020

Cast:

Hu Yi Tian as Lu Yao
Zhang Yun Long as Qiao Chusheng
Xiao Yan as Bai Youning

Synopsis:

It is the mid-1920s, and a resourceful young police officer named Qiao Chu Sheng (Zhang Yun Long) is on the trail of a brutal but devious killer.

Realizing that the police force will need some extra help with this difficult case, he decides to form an elite crime-busting detective team.

He reaches out to a young man who has recently returned from studying in Great Britain, Yu Gong Zi (Hu Yi Tian). Qiao Chu Sheng has learned that Yu Gong Zi has remarkable powers of deduction and a brilliant mind – and believes he can help crack this difficult case.

To round off the team, he enlists the help of Bai You Ning (Xiao Yan), a focused young female reporter for a daily newspaper. A free-thinking, independent young woman, she has a strong sense of justice – and pledges to help catch the killer.

Can the trio get to the bottom of the murder case in time to restore order – and bring the dastardly criminal to justice?

“My Roommate Is a Detective” is a 2020 Chinese drama series directed by Zhang Wei Ke.

Cr Viki

My Roommate is a Detective 民国奇探 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Additional Links:

My Roommate is a Detective 民国奇探 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

The first two episodes are engaging, so far. I like the Republican era film sets and the permed hairstyles of females in that era. It’s nice to hear the Shanghainese dialect being spoken. The two male leads are doing alright. Not sure about the female lead yet. We’ll see.

I watched this drama on YouTube, so you can easily access it if you are interested in investigative Detective dramas 

Spoiler

Im at ep 18. I was pleasantly surprised by HYT in this one and so I stayed for the ride. So far so good. It’s continuing to deliver although you will see a pattern to how each episode is going to go (by this I mean a dead body comes up, they try to find clues, long monologue, cue foreigners) and you will eventually tire of it. Stick through it for the sake of the quality of the show.

Wow... what a shocker! Hu Yi Tian can actually be funny.

Not bad... not bad at all. Very promising. Not quite Detective L but still a lot of fun. I can see why the journalist girl is in it but by golly, can she be less annoying?!

Love the era... But the Shanghainese messes with my brain...

Wow...  it's detective dramas galore in C dramaland.

I just started watching this because of AvenueX rec. Well, my second time trying...I just don't like the female lead character. I also can't stand her makeup. :wacko:

I expected to like this one a lot and am disappointed that's not true for me. Oddly enough, I'm liking The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty quite a bit, but I was sure I wouldn't. haha

On 4/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, crackaddict said:

I just started watching this because of AvenueX rec. Well, my second time trying...I just don't like the female lead character. I also can't stand her makeup. :wacko:

I honestly can't understand why they made the FL so unlikeable. Makeup notwithstanding. ;)

Usually over time they become less unlikeable but not so with her... she gets worse. I don't understand why she's constantly picking fights with LY. He's not perfect, to be sure but he's been hired to solve crimes not to be a teacher or her punching bag for her daddy issues.

If I didn't enjoy the cases so much I'd have dropped it because of all the unnecessary bickering. 

for 1, yitian's comedic act is quite enticing and i love how he and the female lead quarrel like kids.. can't stop laughing at it.. but i guess they both like each other and have somewhat became frenemies.. the female lead is also witty.. her network enables them to gather the necessary info to solve the case... qiao also like yao around youning..this makes him free to go and look for girlfriends.. from the story to the cast, this drama is totally 100% ecstatic..

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] My Roommate is a Detective 民国奇探
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watch episode 36 this morning and I was completely blank and lost, what that ending meant in the last scene? Please someone enlighten me, why LY seemed so happy after received the letter, what's that? And how about the case in Shanghai?

• 3 months later...

Archived