[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heo Yoon is a man of great reading, terrible memorization, martial arts skills, is a friend of Gwang Hae and a character at the center of the play. (Lily_CFC -twitter)

Heo Yoon is a man of great reading, terrible memorization, martial arts skills, is a friend of Gwang Hae and a character at the center of the play. (Lily_CFC -twitter)

Actor Kim Min Kyu Announces Name Change + To Star In Upcoming Historical Rom-Com

Actor Kim Min Kyu Announces Name Change + To Star In Upcoming Historical Rom-Com

Kim Min Kyu will be making a fresh new start with a new name!

The actor’s name is now officially Go Geon Han, and he will be starring in upcoming KBS drama “Mung Bean Chronicle” (literal title). Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Mung Bean Chronicle” is about the romance between Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to infiltrate a mysteriously all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

Go Geon Han will play Yeon Geun, a man with a fancy title due to his rich family background, but he is basically jobless. He is sent to a widow’s village for his position but cannot enter because he is a man.

This will be his first drama under his new name. He shared, “It is a name that I decided after much consideration with my parents. It means ‘do not exceed everything, adjust accordingly, and control yourself to achieve a healthy and strong life.'”

The actor added, “‘Mung Bean Chronicle’ is my first historical drama. Contrary to [my character] Kim Sun Woo in ‘Special Labor Inspector Jo Jang Poong’, [this time] I play the role of the son of a rich family. I’ll work hard to get favorable reviews with this role as I have done so far. I hope you will cheer me on as I make a new start with a new name.”

Go Geon Han has appeared in various dramas including “Special Labor Inspector Jo Jang Poong” His upcoming drama “Mung Bean Chronicle” is slated to premiere in September.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332605wpp/actor-kim-min-kyu-announces-name-change-to-star-in-upcoming-historical-rom-com

Kim Tae-woo Joins "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles"

photo1071457.jpg

Actor Kim Tae-woo is starring in "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles" according to his agency, J-Wide Company

"Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles", which is based on an original Naver webtoon, is a fun Joseon romantic comedy about Jeon Nok-doo (Jang Dong-yoon), who dresses up as a woman to enter a village of widows, and Dong Dong-joo (Kim So-hyun), a young woman who doesn't want to become a gisaeng.

Kim Tae-woo plays Heo Yoon, the most favorite child of the Royal Family. Heo Yoon is an articulate man of great reading skills, amazing memorization skills, and martial arts skills, and is Gwanghae's (Jung Joon-ho) most beloved friend and subject.

Kim Tae-woo has recently starred in dramas "Romance is a Bonus Book", "The Banker", "Different Dreams", and the upcoming movie "Forbidden Dream".

Meanwhile, "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles" comes out in September.

"Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles" is directed by Kim Dong-hwi, written by Baek So-yeon, Lim Ye-jin, and features Kim So-hyun, Song Geon-hee, Jang Dong-yoon, Jo Soo-hyang, Kang Tae-oh, Han Ga-rim.

Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/09/23~Upcoming, Mon, Tue 22:00 on KBS.

https://www.hancinema.net/kim-tae-woo-joins-joseon-rom-com-mung-bean-chronicles-130498.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Jung Joon-ho Confirms Role in "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles"

photo1070665.jpg

Actor Jung Joon-ho is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles", which is due for broadcast in September this year.

"Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles", which is based on an original Naver webtoon, is a fun Joseon romantic comedy about Jeon Nok-doo (Jang Dong-yoon), who dresses up as a woman to enter a village of widows, and Dong Dong-joo (Kim So-hyun), a young woman who doesn't want to become a gisaeng.

Jung Joon-ho plays king Gwanghae, who has the most power in all of Joseon. Blood is thicker than water, but he plays the role of a king whose compassion and anger toward himself have plunged him into a dark abyss due to his obsession with more precarious power.

Jung Joon-ho recently starred in the jTBC drama "SKY Castle" as a university hospital professor named Kang Joon-sang. Thanks to the detail in his emotional acting, he became a character that was irreplaceable in the drama.

In 2016, the actor managed to pull off a perfect sageuk performance in the 2016 MBC drama "The Flower in Prison" so his performance in "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles" is highly anticipated.

https://www.hancinema.net/jung-joon-ho-confirms-role-in-joseon-rom-com-mung-bean-chronicles-130417.html

Archived