[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

Just now, Ly Khánh said:

Still hope someone can Engsub all the teasers. I understand them roughly but lots of other fans are struggling to enjoy those teasers fully. 

And fyi, that private video on kBS ytb has been there like forever. It could be the 5 mins highlight or something else, but it has been uploaded almost a month ago.

And yes, so far what I could understand is The King wanted his child to die, the child was saved and raised to be our Nokdu. Later those guys come again trying to kill him and he escaped, this time he hides in the widow village and he meets Dong Joo. The marriage trope in the webtoon may have been replaced. Could someone share your  opinion after the 5th trailer too?

I think the baby who is wanted to kill by the king is Dong Ju. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

True. Well, hopefully they'll release more these coming days. I saw someone posted this in Twitter and I always see it as well when I open the playlist of DramaKBS YT and I see this one private video.. I think this might be what you're saying @uglypearl as the main trailer. Is that what they announced, that the main trailer will be during the presscon?

5 minute Trailers Of K-Dramas Are Usually Released During Their Press Conference And  Uploaded Later That Day On Their Official Channels/Accounts In Youtube, Twitter, Etc. 

(Unusual male widow appear! Male in female dress! Female in male dress!)

[Eng] King: You said the child has been buried, right?
Nokdu: Who are you? Why you come here?
Villager: This village is established when invasion war.
It form up by several womens who lost their father gather together.
Nokdu: I’ve actually heard it before.
How can we bath together? Women together.
(Unusual male widow appear!)
Villager: You use one house with Dong Ju.
Dong Ju: Let’s live respectively. Respective
Nokdu: Why you take off the clothes without saying anything. Don’t take off.
I only help you this one time. Next time, no way.
Men? Are they a group?
Guard: Why you come to widow village?
Nokdu: I need to know. Who I am.

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Searches For His True Identity With Kim So Hyun In Preview For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released an intriguing new teaser!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a girl who wants to run away from her training as a gisaeng (female courtesan).

The new preview begins by giving hints about the secrets behind Jeon Nok Du’s childhood, with one man protecting a baby as another swings his sword. It then cuts to Jeon Nok Du as an adult. He’s shown as a tough warrior as he yells in a voiceover “Who are you? Why am I here?” before he walks down the street as a refined woman in a pink dress.

After entering an all-female community disguised as a woman, Jeon Nok Du encounters several mishaps. In one scene, he is cornered by several ladies as he nervously says, “Why are you acting like this towards another woman?”

Jeon Nok Du also comes to share a room with Dong Dong Joo. As she starts to undress while getting ready for bed, Jeon Nok Du sprays her with water in surprise and exclaims, “Don’t take off your clothes without saying anything!” Despite her initial prickly behavior towards him, Dong Dong Joo starts to warm up to Jeon Nok Du as he helps her with her chores.

The clip ends as secretive as it began. Jeon Nok Du uncovers a mysterious gathering in the forest. Dong Dong Joo has a sword pointed to her throat at the palace, and she asks Jeon Nok Du, “Why did you come to the community?” to which he replies, “I want to find out exactly who I am.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354332wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-searches-for-his-true-identity-with-kim-so-hyun-in-preview-for-tale-of-nok-du

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Have An Unusual First Encounter In “Tale Of Nok-Du”

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Have An Unusual First Encounter In “Tale Of Nok-Du”

Sep 24, 2019

MBC’s “Tale of Nok-Du” has unveiled images of the unique first meeting between Jang Dong Yoo and Kim So Hyun in the drama!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a girl who wants to run away from her training as a gisaeng (female courtesan).

Tale-of-Nok-Du1.jpg

The newly-released images show Dong Dong Joo dressed in men’s traditional clothing and pulling back a bowstring, piquing viewer’s curiosity as to her story. Meanwhile, Jeon Nok Du is stealthily chasing someone before he comes across Dong Dong Joo. They exchange fierce gazes, marking the beginning of their entangled relationship.

A producer for the drama stated, “Nok Du and Dong Joo show exceptional chemistry in their first meeting after each escaping from an island village and a gibang (courtesan house), respectively. Viewers can also anticipate the romantic synergy of Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun as they immerse themselves in their roles.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” premieres September 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354383wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-have-an-unusual-first-encounter-in-tale-of-nok-du

Happy Chuseok Greetings from The Tale of Nokdu Cast

Tale-of-Nokdu-Kdrama-News-Chuseok.jpg Happy Chuseok from the Tale of Nokdu Cast

Happy Chuseok! It is Chuseok (Full Moon Day) season in Korea, which is one of the biggest holidays in Korea. Think Thanksgiving in the USA. It is a time for traveling to be with family and loved ones which also means no working and usually no new TV shows airing. It is also a time where cast and crew send their greetings and Chuseok cheer all around.

Here we have the Chuseok greetings from the main cast of The Tale of Nokdu which will air in a couple weeks. Each cast member wrote their greeting on their photo next to their image. We have them translated below!

Happy Chuseok
Have a good time and be careful not to get cold!
And please look forward to our drama and watch it

Happy Full Moon Day
And please love The Tale of Nokdu a lot

Please be full of happy things during Full Moon Day!
And love Tale of Nokdu a lot.
– Kim So-hyun

The Tale of Nokdu is a cute drama that I want to check out just to see how this spoiled noble is able to disguise himself as a woman in a town full of them. It will be fun to see!

The Tale of Nokdu will premier September 30th. It will air Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS at 22:00 KST.

https://www.dramamilk.com/happy-chuseok-greetings-from-the-tale-of-nokdu-cast/

1 hour ago, Ly Khánh said:

That’d be a big twist because at early promoting articles it was said that the child abandoned by the King is Nokdu 

Dong Dong-ju [Kim So-hyun] "The only granddaughter of official Yoo Yeon Hsin, the literary minister during the ancestor period. Shortly after Gwanghae became king, her family being accused as rebels and the king ordered to kill her family. Dong-ju lay down beside the body of her mothers who had been killed and bloody, pretending to be dead, and saved her life alone. Hate the enemy of the family, lives in a dream of revenge. By chance, she meets Chun Haeng Soo, went to the giseang house and lives with a new name "Dong-ju".
As Haeng Soo save her life, so she felt that she should become a giseang, but because of her character like a fire, she became the highest age giseang trainee.

Fan art

Couple poster for The Tale of Nokdu

The-tale-of-nokdu-kdrama-drama-milk-2.jp

So far we have had two sets of individual posters featuring our main “ladies” of The Tale of Nokdu. Ladies used loosely since one of the ladies is very much so, a man. It is kind of nice to see our two leads together in their own poster, even though this poster is pretty standard.

In the drama, Jang Dong-yoon is hiding from his family in a village filled with widowed women. He has to dress as woman to fit in. He ends up pretending to be the mother of Kim So-hyun who is training to be a gisaeng. However, she would much rather not become a gisaeng, thank you very much. She wants to do something else entirely which gives our duo a bit of camaraderie.

In the poster, Jang Dong-yoon and Kim So-hyun are both looking under a shall pleasantly at something. Holding a shall over your head, or covering your head, is something women commonly do in sageuks, so it seems as if Jang Dong-yoon is pretending to be a woman in this poster. But what are they pleasantly looking at? Could it be another love interest for Kim So-hyun? It kind of seems like it. Perhaps someone who came to the gisaeng house that she fell for? Or possibly Kang Tae-oh, a chef who is smitten with her since childhood?

Jang Dong-yoon’s character decides to stay in this village for 1 year and see what happens. Though I would think his noble family will find him much sooner than that. Their only son running away from responsibility? Oh hells no.

The Tale of Nokdu will premier September 30th. It will air Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 on KBS.

https://www.dramamilk.com/couple-poster-for-the-tale-of-nokdu/

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

So we have this scene of Nokdu being bullied...

And we have Dong Joo saving the day :P

Seems that NokDu got assigned to do a chore on his first day.

It's possible it's either NokDu didn't do a good job, refused  to do that chore or he might have said something that made that widow upset.

9 hours ago, Breeze said:

Dong Dong-ju [Kim So-hyun] "The only granddaughter of official Yoo Yeon Hsin, the literary minister during the ancestor period. Shortly after Gwanghae became king, her family being accused as rebels and the king ordered to kill her family. Dong-ju lay down beside the body of her mothers who had been killed and bloody, pretending to be dead, and saved her life alone. Hate the enemy of the family, lives in a dream of revenge. By chance, she meets Chun Haeng Soo, went to the giseang house and lives with a new name "Dong-ju".
As Haeng Soo save her life, so she felt that she should become a giseang, but because of her character like a fire, she became the highest age giseang trainee.

Yes I understand Dong Joo background as her family was wrongly accused of being rebels but about the kid at the beginning of teaser 5, it’s not Dong Joo but the King own child aka Nokdu. He was abandoned or even ordered to be killed by his own father like in the teaser but was saved by that royal guard. Here is the link to the production ceo interview which mentioned that Nokdu was the child abandoned by king gwang hae https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002802364

Yes Dong Joo did figure out his secret and she eventually helped him to cover by calling him foster mom. Not sure yet how she figured out. But it was said that Nokdu saved Dong Joo from some incident so in return she helped him to cover his real identity 

Archived