[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Breeze said:

About this..

It's possible they're reading lines for a imaginary scenario.

It's possible NokDu thinks/imagines that DongJu's inlove with him. (DongJu is not yet in love with NokDu at that time).

Or another possible scenerio is maybe DongJu's is just teasing NokDu at that time. 

It's possible NokDu will realize that he's in love with DongJu when Cha YoolMoo appears and shows affection towards DongJu. (NokDu's Jealousy Arises)

I'm skimming through the webtoon but I need a longer teaser to see whether it will closely follow it, now that Cha Yool Mo has been added who is not from the original webtoon. I know he was included to spice up the drama. And here I was hoping there'd be no love triangle :sweatingbullets:

I'm craving for more teasers...hope KBS post soon~ :D

1 hour ago, uglypearl said:

About this..

It's possible they're reading lines for a imaginary scenario.

It's possible NokDu thinks/imagines that DongJu's inlove with him. (DongJu is not yet in love with NokDu at that time).

Or another possible scenerio is maybe DongJu's is just teasing NokDu at that time. 

It's possible NokDu will realize that he's in love with DongJu when Cha YoolMoo appears and shows affection towards DongJu. (NokDu's Jealousy Arises)

A man loves Nokdu .I thought this scene about Nokdu and the man who loves him.:sweatingbullets:

37 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I'm skimming through the webtoon but I need a longer teaser to see whether it will closely follow it, now that Cha Yool Mo has been added who is not from the original webtoon. I know he was included to spice up the drama. And here I was hoping there'd be no love triangle :sweatingbullets:

I'm craving for more teasers...hope KBS post soon~ :D

Yes , Kang Tae Oh characters created for drama. And he loves Dongju :) Love triangle is possible. Maybe his role is to bring  Nokdu and Dongju closer. And the teasers focus Nokdu and Dongju. We saw 2 teasers and didn't see Kang Tae Oh in the teasers yet.

5 hours ago, Breeze said:

A man loves Nokdu .I thought this scene about Nokdu and the man who loves him.:sweatingbullets:

I think you are possibly right :) 

Speaking about the casts, few of them has names derived from food/drinks

Jeon NokDu 

Spoiler

NokDuJeon -> also known as  NokDu Binddaeteok (savory mung bean pancake) , is a type of buchimgae (Korean pancake that originated in the Pyongan Province. It is made by grinding soaked mung beans, adding vegetables and meat and pan-frying it into a round, flat shape. 

Nokdu jeon (Nokdu bindaetteok) - Korean savory pancake made with mung bean batter

Dong DongJu 

Spoiler

DongDongJu -> a traditional liquor in Gyeonggi-do, Korea. Dongdongju was named because the grains of boiled rice float to the surface of the drink while it is brewed. It is also called Buryuju(floating alcohol). It's a drink very similar to makgeolli, and both are commonly consumed alongside Korean "pancakes" called pajeon or bindaetteok

Dongdongju

Cha YulMoo

Spoiler

YulMooCha  -> a tea made of roasted, powdered yulmu [grains of Adlay or Job's Tears (scientific name : Coix lacryma-jobi var. ma-yuen), sometimes mixed with nuts such as walnut. The tea, usually served hot, is also often sold through vending machines in South Korea.

Yulmucha_in_cup.jpg

Jeon HwangTae

Spoiler

HwangTaeJeon -> Yellow Alaska Pollock Pancake -> pancake made from Yellow Alaska Pollock (Alaska pollock is considered the "national fish" of Korea. The Korean name of the fish is myeongtae. Hwangtae is made by drying the fish during winter and allowing it to undergo natural freeze-thaw cycles)

%ED%99%A9%ED%83%9C%EC%B1%84%EC%9A%94%EB%A6%AC_%2827%29.JPG?type=w2

Kim Ssuk

Spoiler

Ssuk -> a leafy green that heralds the arrival of spring. In English, it’s often called “mugwort” along with a group of other related species, and shares their pungent aroma and medicinal benefits. Though ssuk is best known as a spring ingredient, it can be dried or frozen and used year-round, especially for songpyeon, the rice cakes made for the fall harvest holiday Chuseok.

IMG_2275_ssuk.jpg?fit=900%2C600&quality=95 

YeonGeun

Spoiler

YeonGeun -> Lotus Root ->  a popular ingredient for side dishes in Korean cuisine. It is used to make soups, deep-fried, stir fried and braised dishes. Koreans enjoy this ingredient for its crisp texture and sweet and pungent flavour. Rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C and potassium (while very low in saturated fat), lotus root is good for preventing anemia and high blood pressure.

Lotus-600.jpg?itok=RL2kiuMf

So NokDu is a fierce warrior. I can already imagine him kicking butts while wearing those female clothes LOL. Kudos to JDY for being brave enough to take this role. I guess not every male actor would be comfortable to show his feminine side.

5 hours ago, Breeze said:

Yes , Kang Tae Oh characters created for drama. And he loves Dongju :) Love triangle is possible. Maybe his role is to bring  Nokdu and Dongju closer. And the teasers focus Nokdu and Dongju. We saw 2 teasers and didn't see Kang Tae Oh in the teasers yet.

Yeah, an inevitable love triangle :D. Good thing that I am rooting for Nokdu already, because I don't wanna suffer second-lead syndrome if I happen to root for the second lead... ha ha.

And this is me getting impatient for September 30 already :P

waiting.gif

Hope Jang Dong Yoon will be recognized as a potential male lead too after this. I feel like he's so underrated as an actor.

@lightbringer06 I feel like k-dramas without love triangles don’t appeal to Korean audience. They even needed to make up a new character for this.

I generally don’t suffer from the Second Lead Syndrome and as far as I remember the second leads nowadays aren’t THAT deadly as they used to be 10 years ago. The last time I couldn’t finish the drama because I was outraged by the way the writers handled the second lead was

Spoiler

A Poem A Day. That’s why I’m cheering for JDY to get a girl this time. I hated the way the writer made his character such a jerk in few last episodes of A Poem A Day in order to make a male lead shine. 

BTW, is @lightbringer06 referenced to Brent Weeks’ Lightbringer series?

@aisling It's been quite awhile for me since I suffered from SLS, but if I see dramas with a theme like it, I always try to be cautious. Think the last time was Who Are You:  School 2015, Kim So Hyun's drama as well :D. I think there are some dramas nowadays who can stand alone without love triangles and still do good.

Oh, is that a book? That Lightbringer series you mentioned? Unfortunately, it's not.. ha ha. It's actually from this TV series "Lucifer" :D.. an inspired name, since Lucifer is also called "the lightbringer", bearer of light. So I wanna have a name that reminds me to be a lightbringer to anyone :blush:. And then I just added my birthday number :P

Kim So Hyun Is Mad At Jang Dong Yoon In The New Trailer Of “The Tale Of Nokdu”

“The Tale Of Nokdu” (or “Mung Bean Chronicles”) released another teaser trailer! The drama casts Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon and Kang Tae Oh as main leads.

The trailer shows how Jang Dong Yoon who has disguised himself as a woman is very famous among men in the village. Suddenly Kim So Hyun and her friends comes and calls him. She looks really mad at him. They grab Jang Dong Yoon and take him away. The trailer shows the fun side of the drama and how Jang Dong Yoon as a woman is going to be a problematic character.

“The Tale Of Nokdu” is a rom-com story set in Joseon Dynasty. Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon) who belongs to a noble family runs away from his house due to the burden of marrying a woman his family arranged for him. He then stays in a widow village where he disguises himself as a woman. There he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun) who is unwillingly training to become a gisaeng.

“The Tale Of Nokdu” will release on 30 September.

https://kdramacrazy.com/2019/09/07/kim-so-hyun-is-mad-at-jang-dong-yoon-in-the-new-trailer-of-the-tale-of-nokdu/

Spoiler

How Dong DongJu Cuts Her Hair

tumblr_pxl6916Qrk1ysdlreo2_640.gifv

Spoiler

The Way Dong DongJu Looks At Jeon NokDu. I Choose The Third Option.

tumblr_pxl6916Qrk1ysdlreo1_640.gifv

Also 

Spoiler

Dong DongJu, I See What You Did There To Jeon NokDu.

Secretive Stares Using A Fan  :smirk: :lol:

EEDoSyzUwAAVixY?format=png&name=small

Spoiler

DongJu Training Her Pretend Foster Mom NokDu How To Do The Laundry

tumblr_pxl6916Qrk1ysdlreo3_640.gifv

I Bet NokDu Said Something That Made DongJu Angry/Triggered.

Seriously, I Wonder How Many Takes Did They Do On This Scene?

[Video] Teaser Released for the Upcoming Korean Drama "The Tale of Nokdu"

"The Tale of Nokdu" (2019)

Directed by Kim Dong-hwi

Written by Baek So-yeon, Lim Ye-jin

Network: KBS

With Jang Dong-yoon, Kim So-hyun, Song Geon-hee, Jo Soo-hyang, Kang Tae-oh, Jung Joon-ho,...

32 episodes - Mon, Tue 21:30 (2x35min episodes per day)
Formerly known as "Joseon Rom-Com Mung Bean Chronicles"
Synopsis
A fun Joseon romantic comedy about Jeon Nok-doo, who dresses up as a woman to enter a village of widows, and Dong Dong-joo, a young woman who doesn't want to become a gisaeng.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2019/09/30

https://www.hancinema.net/video-teaser-released-for-the-upcoming-korean-drama-the-tale-of-nokdu-133408.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sohyun's agency uptaded character poster of her.

EEKAHtJWkAAwJgW.jpg

The girl came out of comic” short haired fairy Kim So Hyun, perfect synchronization rate.

Director Kim Dong Hwi, said “Kim So Hyun is a rainbow-like actress. She is pretty, cute and cool, and has colorful charms that ranges from laughters to tears. I’ve been always admiring her detailed and sincere acting while filming”

Kim So Hyun has shown charms in many works, but I'm sure #TheTaleofNokdu will be a special one among them. I'm already excited to show the viewers how I feel at the filming site. You can look forward to Dong Dong Joo with high expectation" he said with unusual affection.

Meanwhile, #TheTaleofNokdu is the first drama produced with support from the country's largest video service platform "WAVVE" and will be broadcast simultaneously on KBS 2TV and "WAVE" starting Sep 30

n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003211019?lfrom=twitter 

translated by Lily_CFC twitter

Archived