Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

13 minutes ago, petunia said:

Too many comments to read through. Will slowly take my time to read everything. In the meantime can we appreciate the return of topless nokdu? If after all this skinship they don't give us a bed scene I'll revolt. It is the literal logical next step after all that nakedness. Stop preparing our hearts writers we are already ready. 

It seems like they have been preparing u for a long long time.. them constantly sleeping together.. topless ND whenever they are alone in a room... 

Im sure i wasnt the only one that thought the bandage scene had really ehm more than just normal love tension...

Im actually quite satisfied that the progress of the relationship between our OTP isn't like the typical drama's 

They didn't fall in love at first sight, they kissed but they didnt get together, instead they pine for each other in secret. They have their own agenda's and are taking the bull by its horns. I love it! but i do want a few kisses by the next episode:wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

I was finally able to watch the recent episodes and omg it's getting so good. I have to admit I liked the scenes in the village of widows but now with the terrible things committed by Grand Prince Neungyang aka Yoo Mul things are moving forward very quickly. And I enjoyed the meeting between Nokdu and his adoptive father and his actual father. Like... SO GOOD!

Plus, I like they gave the King more dimension. He could've been easily downright evil but like many kings he is paranoid and worried. He is still problematic but I got to understand him a little more. Especially in the scene with the Queen (can someone please tell her she didn't lose her son? She deserves to be freed from the pain).

And I don't think I need to say much about these two... soooo... :wub:

1572420627.gif

Source: DC Gall

• Like 15
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

I had a bit of trouble watching the last few eps and finaaalllly did so - all of the last 4  - at one go. Phew. A lot to digest.

While fixing the issue, reading the posts here was what kept me up to date when I was foaming at the mouth trying to get the electronics to work.

Of all the characters, schizophrenic Heo Yoon confuses me the most.

First, he is the King's BFF. That he allowed Yoon and young Nokdu to escape and burn the late King's decree were, respectively, sympathy for his BFF's son and an act of allegiance to his King.

Second, his about turn. He didn't burn the decree in the end and somehow along the way he set up a corp of assassins to raise a coup. Why?

Third, picking the new King. Heo Yoon wanted to depose the King and put up the young prince as King. He also sent his assassins after Nokdu to eliminate other potential contenders. Not keen on helping Yulmu either. Why pick Prince Yeongchang over the rest?

Fourth, Heo Yoon is under house arrest and has Nokdu's adoptive father with him. Why did he let them meet that night? He had the same look on him as the night he let them go. Wasn't he keen on killing them? He can't because the King met the father? 

Then there is that fateful night - the one where the kill order was executed and the Queen was forbidden to speak about. He must have been so insecure about his position then that he wanted all competition eliminated, including his own son. I suppose the King was regretting his decision then big time and is so overcome with guilt that he forbade its mention. 

One mistake affected so many lives. One confused Heo Yoon affected so many viewers. One topless Nokdu to make viewers happy again. :lol:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The "flower" side of Nokdu (especially his face) still strong.  I cant see him as fully man, yet.

Jang Dong Yun, u can do it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I've finished to watch the lastest episode. I confess I love every second of the interactions of Nokdu, the King and Dongjoo, specially the first two ;___; it's so sad to know that those interactions won't last long. T____T I want more!!!

Also those intimate moments between ND And DJ were fire herherher B) good job pd-nim, but not only tease us, please give to us the real thing as well, hugs, kisses, and //coughs// hahahaha

• Like 7
  • Love 5

the life after Yool Mu :joy:

5db96d78c2845451461530.gif?download

5db96d6aa1f43147487200.gif?download

oh yeah we believe you  :joy:

5db96d83d0fe7246975364.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

2 hours ago, rocat said:

I had a bit of trouble watching the last few eps and finaaalllly did so - all of the last 4  - at one go. Phew. A lot to digest.

While fixing the issue, reading the posts here was what kept me up to date when I was foaming at the mouth trying to get the electronics to work.

First, he is the King's BFF. That he allowed Yoon and young Nokdu to escape and burn the late King's decree were, respectively, sympathy for his BFF's son and an act of allegiance to his King.

Second, his about turn. He didn't burn the decree in the end and somehow along the way he set up a corp of assassins to raise a coup. Why?

Third, picking the new King. Heo Yoon wanted to depose the King and put up the young prince as King. He also sent his assassins after Nokdu to eliminate other potential contenders. Not keen on helping Yulmu either. Why pick Prince Yeongchang over the rest?

Fourth, Heo Yoon is under house arrest and has Nokdu's adoptive father with him. Why did he let them meet that night? He had the same look on him as the night he let them go. Wasn't he keen on killing them? He can't because the King met the father? 

Then there is that fateful night - the one where the kill order was executed and the Queen was forbidden to speak about. He must have been so insecure about his position then that he wanted all competition eliminated, including his own son. I suppose the King was regretting his decision then big time and is so overcome with guilt that he forbade its mention. 

One mistake affected so many lives. One confused Heo Yoon affected so many viewers. One topless Nokdu to make viewers happy again. :lol:

Hey there, just trying to answer your questions. I can be wrong tho ;)

The reason why he wants to raise a coup is clear in the latest eps, he explained that the king’s eyes and ears are ‘closed’ and he kills anyone around him, he’s not the same king anymore (which is said by the queen as well).

He feels responsible as he’s the one who make Gwanghae king (as he burn the will from late king). So he’d want to make right by giving it back to the heir based on the will, which is the young prince. Thus, he wanted to eliminate Nokdu as he’s the most prominent threat.

I think he let Nokdu met his father simply because he wanted to gain Nokdu’s and the father’s trust. The situation has changed since Yulmu state that he wants the throne, thus he only have Nokdu as his last hope.

I agree about king feeling guilty. The reason why is still unclear, as he lied to the queen saying the child (ND) was stillborn. There’s no reason to feel threatened by his own child tbh.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soesje said:

It seems like they have been preparing u for a long long time.. them constantly sleeping together.. topless ND whenever they are alone in a room... 

Im sure i wasnt the only one that thought the bandage scene had really ehm more than just normal love tension...

Im actually quite satisfied that the progress of the relationship between our OTP isn't like the typical drama's 

They didn't fall in love at first sight, they kissed but they didnt get together, instead they pine for each other in secret. They have their own agenda's and are taking the bull by its horns. I love it! but i do want a few kisses by the next episode:wub:

You know the funny thing about the bandage scene? She was bandaging over the wound which had healed. I was thinking to myself the bleeding wound is on the other side why is she bandaging the one that has healed? Not that it matters any excuse for topless nokdu and skinship is good for me. I'm satisfied with their progression but they keep teasing us with so much skinship my expectations for a deep kiss and bed scene keep growing. I'm getting greedy for more.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

1 hour ago, Kookies&Cream said:

Hey there, just trying to answer your questions. I can be wrong tho ;)

The reason why he wants to raise a coup is clear in the latest eps, he explained that the king’s eyes and ears are ‘closed’ and he kills anyone around him, he’s not the same king anymore (which is said by the queen as well).

He feels responsible as he’s the one who make Gwanghae king (as he burn the will from late king). So he’d want to make right by giving it back to the heir based on the will, which is the young prince. Thus, he wanted to eliminate Nokdu as he’s the most prominent threat.

thanks for explaining! Now I know.
I must hv missed that while watching without subs, referring only to website recaps... keke

Heo Yoon is more honorable than I give him credit for but at the same time I don’t think he gets to decide who should be on the throne though a weak King won’t have the means to stop that from happening. 

His eyes are now on Nokdu being King - then if he is that honorable, why make father and son vy for the throne?

i would imagine that when the King first knew about the decree, he may just be deranged enough to eliminate every obstacle. But as you’ve mentioned, the reason for him giving the kill order isn’t clear hitherto. 

in the midst of this, I am quite glad that Nokdu’s encounter with his biological father is a pretty interesting one - meeting his father, a citizen before meeting his father, the King. 

I hope the show doesn’t swing around and say that Hwang-tae is the son or something silly like that...

• Like 9

Heo Yeon thinks too highly of himself to be honest... really, you think you made the current King, so you can decide the next? He may not have bad intentions but I'm sure he and YulMu will be the ending baddies. NokDu's father is indeed righteous ,refusing to join hands with him. 

@lightbringer06 ooooh nice photo but NokDu seems to have slimmed down a far bit! I can still see the pretty in him. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Is this standing arrangement a foreshadowing that Nokdu stands between the King and Dong Joo? With all these feel-good scenes involving Nokdu, the King and Dong Joo that the writer has crammed into the last two episodes, I'm hoping that she's laying the ground for the King's redemption. And I'm hoping it's a proper one, not some weak justification for his callous deeds of the past.

:wub:  And the new BTS has arrived!!! :wub:

And KBS did a compilation of older BTS too:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

btw! does anyone know what's in DongJoo's box that she keeps carrying around? I thought at first it was her bow and arrow in collapsible form, but is there a possibility it's something else? it seems more precious than mere weapons. I'm lowkey hoping its something more like another copy of the kings decree or something hahahaha

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

btw! does anyone know what's in DongJoo's box that she keeps carrying around? I thought at first it was her bow and arrow in collapsible form, but is there a possibility it's something else? it seems more precious than mere weapons. I'm lowkey hoping its something more like another copy of the kings decree or something hahahaha

Im also curious i also thought it would be her bow and arrow because she wants to kill the king and because it is foldable and in a box no one will suspect that she has one with her...

@lightbringer06 why does he look so different in the picture.. it almost seems like they photoshopped it

@Sky8lue thank you for sharing... why did they compile all the BTS and put the kiss scene as thumbnail but there is no actual footage of the kiss scene

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@Sky8lue it’s always good to brag about his skill to woman that beat him , Bitten him & carry him all around the village :joy:

15724451111572445042.gif

15724449101572444898.gif

@soesje me too was tricked I thought there was a kiss from the picture :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

These two are match made in heaven,But just  get right man the mission is saving her not to  give her bump in the head :joy:

15724457041572445521.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ameera Ali said:

These two are match made in heaven,But just  get right man the mission is saving her not to  give her bump in the head :joy:

O mY GOSH LOOOLLLLLLL my thoughts exactly :joy:

@Sky8lue I know right i was so disappointed, like why kbs whyyyyyyy 

HHm i thought KSH chose YM on entertainment weekly and now she says she chooses ND??? so which one do you want KSH 

or was it a personal choice vs drama

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

or was it a personal choice vs drama

he didn’t give up , when everyone give up her choosing him :lol: so 

@soesje @Sky8lue Nokdu will be like 

5db9a4c37d252684019921.gif?download

His next target :joy:

5db9a5d96f778621140121.gif?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

I thought it was the bow and arrow also. I still think it is but who knows. It might be a family heirloom but she was empty handed when she ran away from the massacre. I'm expecting more back story for dongjoo next week which we would have gotten this week had it not been for baseball. I hate baseball.

6 hours ago, rocat said:

I don't trust minister heo. Whatever his reason I put him in the same villain bracket as yulmu. Even if he turns out to not be a very bad guy he did murder the entire family of dongjoo. We still don't know why he assembled the assassins do we? He could turn out to be worse than yulmu. 

• Like 8