[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

Sohyun ig uptade and her message to her fans.

I've been busy in filming and don't realise It's already been 11 years ! Thank you to all who have been together with me ! have worked hard in filming Mung bean chronicle , please wait a bit more and I'll meet you cool with Dong Dongju !! The weather is erratic, but I hope you all healthy and have fun ♥

EBf-XcmUIAA3prz.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kang Tae Oh in Mung bean chronicles new drama

Kang Tae Oh To Star In “Mung Bean Chronicles”

Upcoming historical Rom-Com “Mung Bean Chronicles” will star Kang Tae Oh (My First First Love 2). He will take the supporting role. The drama will have Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon as the main leads. It is going to be based on the webtoon of the same name.

“Mung Bean Chronicles” is a rom-com story set in Joseon Dynasty. Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon) who belongs to a noble family runs away from his house due to the burden of marrying a woman his family arranged for him. He then stays in a widow village where he disguises himself as a woman. There he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun) who is unwillingly training to become a gisaeng.

Korean drama “Mung Bean Chronicles” is expected to release at the end of September, 2019

https://kdramacrazy.com/2019/08/08/kang-tae-oh-to-star-in-mung-bean-chronicles/

9 Upcoming Dramas Of Fall 2019 That You Should Be Waiting For

4- “Mung Bean Chronicles”

fall 2019, drama 2019, upcoming dramas

Dongah Company / E&Tstory Ent. / FANTAGIO / STX Lion Heart / J Wide Company / JSpictures / BF Ent. / Next Studio / JG company / Noon Company / Neos Entertainment

When: From Sep. 30

Cast: Kim SoHyunJang DongYoonKang TaeOh, and more

Summary: It tells the romance between a man who is disguising as a woman to infiltrate a community for widows and a girl that hates the idea of becoming a gisaeng.

Why watch?: It sounds like a fun romantic comedy set in Joseon with its own originality. This time, it is not a woman disguising as a man but the opposite! Moreover, Kim SoHyun in a historical drama is a must-see.

For more information, characters description, posters, and teaser you can check our cast and summary here.

https://www.kpopmap.com/9-upcoming-dramas-of-fall-2019-that-you-should-be-waiting-for/

Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon, And More Show Great Chemistry At Script Reading For Upcoming Historical Rom-Com

Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon, And More Show Great Chemistry At Script Reading For Upcoming Historical Rom-Com

Aug 13, 2019
by R. Jun

August 13, KBS2’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” released photos from the cast’s first script reading.

“Tale of Nok-Du,” a historical rom-com based on a webtoon, is about the unique romance between a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community, and a gisaeng-in-training named Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants anything but to become a gisaeng (female courtesan).

The actors had a successful first day officially reading as their characters, Jang Dong Yoon as Nok Du, who is saddled with the difficult task of disguising himself as a woman, and Kim So Hyun as Dong Dong Joo, a firecracker who can’t stay idle in the face of injustice.

Actor Kang Tae Oh read for the role of Cha Yul Mu, a new character not in the original webtoon who will shake up the relationship between the leads.

A source from the drama said, “The teamwork between the young actors was more perfect than we could have imagined, and the performances from the veteran actors was incredible. Please look forward to the upcoming Joseon romantic comedy, which adds new elements to the great story of the original work.”

“Tale of Nok-Du,” which also stars actors Jung Joon Ho, Kim Tae Woo, Lee Seung Joon, and more, premieres September 30 and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

tale-of-nok-du-script-reading-00.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1345217wpp/kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-and-more-show-great-chemistry-at-script-reading-for-upcoming-historical-rom-com

“Tale of Nok-Du” stars Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon, Kang Tae Oh and more gather for first script reading

%E2%80%9CTale-of-Nok-Du%E2%80%9D-stars-K

Just this morning, August 13th, “Tale of Nok-Du” cast Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon, Kang Tae Oh and more gathered for KBS2’s upcoming Korean drama first script reading.

“The teamwork between the young actors was more perfect than we could have imagined, and the performances from the veteran actors was incredible. Please look forward to the upcoming Joseon romantic comedy, which adds new elements to the great story of the original work,” a source shared.

67836457_2412279962384113_42712112091155

The drama tells the story of Jeon Nok-Du, a man who hides his identity and disguises himself as a woman just to escape from an arranged marriage that his family set. He will go to a widow village where he will meet Dong Dong-Ju, a woman who is taking her gisaeng apprenticeship – even if it is not what she wants.  The relationship between the two changes as Dong Dong-Ju will discover Jeon Nok-Du’s secret.

“Tale of Nok-Du” is set to broadcast on September 30.

https://wowkpop.com/tale-of-nok-du-stars-kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-kang-tae-oh-and-more-gather-for-first-script-reading/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Kim So Hyun & Jang Dong Yoon - Premieres on September 30th

Script reading for Joseon dynasty rom-com drama Tale of Nokdu

by tineybeanie

nokdujeons.jpg

In June, the first script read for Tale of Nokdu was held, and stills of the synergistically-working actors were just recently released. This drama is based on a popular Naver web comic by the same name, and it is set in a mysterious widows’ village where an unexpected and refreshing story takes place.

Jang Dong-yoon (Dance Sports Girls) stars as the titular Jeon Nokdu (Korean translation: Mung bean pancake) who disguises himself as a woman to hide in the village, and Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm) plays a prickly gisaeng-in-training who doesn’t want to become a gisaeng. They both enter the widows’ village carrying their own secrets, and end up somehow falling in love.

At the script read, PD Kim Dong-hee (Fight My Way) and writers Im Ye-jin (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds) and Baek So-yeon (Kang Deok-soon’s Love History) were present. Further, in addition to the main couple, the following actors were present: Kang Tae-oh (My First First Love), Jung Jun-ho (SKY Castle), Kim Tae-woo (Different Dream), Lee Seung-joon (Hotel Del Luna), Lee Moon-shik (Fiery Priest), Song Geon-hee (Love Alarm), Jo Soo-hyang (Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food), Go Geon-han (Special Labor Inspector Mr. Jo).

nokdujeons2.jpg

Kim So-hyun’s character, Dong Dong-joo (Dong-joo literally means rice wine in Korean), is a by-the-book gal who can’t stand to see injustice happening in front of her, and uses her refreshingly direct words to help those around her.

5urprise’s Kang Tae-oh plays a sexy Joseon chef, named Cha Yul-moo (Korean Translation: Wormwood tea), who falls in love with Dong Dong-joo. His character is an original one that actually is not part of the source web comic series.

Jung Jun-ho plays a power-obsessed King Gwanghae who is on a risky precipice of politics, whereas Kim Tae-woo plays his faithful friend and follower. Moon-shik plays a general who was the greatest swordsman in Joseon during his heyday, and he’s supposed to have great comic chemistry with his daughter, played by rookie actress Park Da-yeon, as they bicker back and forth in heavy satoori.

As for Nokdu’s family, Lee Seung-joon plays his father who has rigid principles and a disposition to match, and Song Geon-hee plays his older brother. In the widows’ village, Jo Soo-hyang plays a widow by day and soldier by night, and Go Geon-han plays someone who came to manage a minor issue at the village.

Upcoming Monday-Tuesday KBS drama Tale of Nokdu will begin airing on September 30.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/script-reading-for-joseon-dynasty-rom-com-drama-tale-of-nokdu/

SCRIPT READING ALERT FOR KBS2 DRAMA SERIES THE TALE OF NOKDU

Script reading for Korean Drama The Tale of NokduPin this image on Pinterest
Korean Drama The Tale of Nokdu

There is nothing like a script reading to get me all a flutter for a new drama series. Case in point with The Tale of Nokdu, which I had no clue about until I saw that their script reading photos where out and delicious looking. So, of course I had to do some digging.

The script reading actually took place way back in June at the KBS broadcasting station, which, I guess, is where all the KBS script readings happen. Though I have heard of script readings occurring at Studio Dragon, you know, whenever Studio Dragon has their hands in a project. But, I don’t think they are doing this one as they have their hands full with Arthdal right now. Actually, they should probably put some more hands on Arthdal.

The Tale of Nokdu, starring  Jang Dong-yoonKim So-hyun, and Kang Tae-oh, is a period piece set in the Joseon Dynasty about a man who is hiding out from his marriage obsessed family, though he is doing it in a village that is only filled with women. So, naturally, he has to dress like a woman! It all makes sense. They are looking for a man, this town is all women, there is no way he would be here right? Hey, I believe it. But more importantly, I want it!

While there, he falls for a bumbling gisaeng in training who does not really want to be a giseang anyway, thanks. She would much rather tinker and build things. And of course we have the gisaengs childhood related friend that will do anything for her and also happens to be a great cook. Um, second lead, I may be rooting for you already.

The Tale of Nokdu will start airing September 30th, 2019 on KBS2. It will air on Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 KST!

Script Reading Stills Released For New Joseon Dynasty Drama “The Tale Of Nokdu”

Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon and Kang Tae Oh brightly showed their script of the upcoming romantic comedy Korean drama “The Tale Of Nokdu” (or “Mung Bean Chronicles”) which is set in the Joseon dynasty. The other cast of the drama includes Song Geon Hee, Cho Soo Hyung and Jung Joon Ho.

The Tale Of Nokdu lead role

The tale of nokdu cast while script reading

“The Tale Of Nokdu” is a rom-com story set in Joseon Dynasty. Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon) who belongs to a noble family runs away from his house due to the burden of marrying a woman his family arranged for him. He then stays in a widow village where he disguises himself as a woman. There he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun) who is unwillingly training to become a gisaeng.

Kdrama “The Tale Of Nokdu” is looking to air on 30 September, 2019 on KBS2.

https://kdramacrazy.com/2019/08/17/script-reading-stills-released-for-new-joseon-dynasty-drama-the-tale-of-nokdu/

Archived