[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jillia said:

Yes, he knows something is up and he loves his brother. So he send him away but didn't actually want to.

He knows Yool Mu is up to no good.. he protects Nokdu from YM.. The brother loves Nokdu dearly

I'm watching raw but I can say this is the best episode!! I love it so much.

Nokdu found his real identity.  I think, Head of Giseng also found out Nokdu is a male. 

Nokdu in action is super cool.. especially in that ninja gears

Dongju falls for Nokdu hard. Her cough is getting worse.. I love the scene in the river where she's panicking thought Nokdu was drowning. I'm going call this couple bathing couple since they often take baths together.. HAHAHAHAH  And FINALLY.. I've been questioning since ep 3 when Dongju is going to call Nokdu with his real name instead of YA!  I'm glad that Nokdu didn't tell his name though.. because I know the moment they meet again, Nokdu will mention his real name "Lee DUk" to Dong Ju. And that moment will be supeeeeer sweeeeet (diabetic here I come!!)

My heroine is back!! I love Dongju begging YM to leave Nokdu alone, not to harm him after she left.. she cried while begging.. my heart hurts watching Dongju cries.. KSH's acting is DAEBAAAAK!

Dongju is not weak and very brave.. She kills the thugs (sent by Evil YM) using her arrows... Thank you PDnim finally you show us how awesome Dongju!

What I catch from the Preview:

Nokdu will disappear from Dongju and fakes his death. I think Ssok and head gisaeng is helping him (and know his secret as a male). Nokdu is running away from reality that he's the King's son and hide himself with his master and Aeng Du. Dong ju keeps looking for Nokdu and didn't believe his death. Nokdu is in the mission to see his father the King and his foster father Jung Yun Jo.  The King will keep Nokdu by his side. Nokdu will become a yangban but still live in secret. The survivor of the widow village will rebuilt the village. 

This drama is aweeeesoooooommmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

21 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

I'm glad that Nokdu got to be the one that saved her. If the writers have given that chance of redemption to Yulmu (after everything that he did in this episode), I would be really mad.

Same i was praying the last few minutes hoping Nokdu would save her and thank God he did.. 

i really loved this episode it was so exciting, action, comedy, romance all in one

cant wait to watch it with subs..

I'm addicted to this show but feel like they probably shouldn't have marketed this as a rom-com......... oTL

Also curious why Dongju never picked up Nokdu's name when it was written on their IOU in episode 7? Both their full names Dong Dong Ju & Jeon Nok Du are written on it :O

2yAzZ2h.png

Couldn't take it after tonight's episode so I finally logged in!!

AHHHHHH HOW CAN THEY EXPECT US TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK AFTER THAT INTENSE ENDING????

Did Dongjoo really not call Nokdu by his name the whole time?? Did I miss something? :o

Also, is there a time skip when we get to the next episode? Dongjoo has longer hair and it seemed like it's been a long time since the village attack, based on her reaction upon seeing ND.

Gaaaaaah this show just keeps getting better and better!

1 minute ago, mujisano said:

I'm addicted to this show but feel like they probably shouldn't have marketed this as a rom-com......... oTL

Also curious why Dongju never picked up Nokdu's name when it was written on their IOU in episode 7? Both their full names Dong Dong Ju & Jeon Nok Du are written on it :O

https://i.imgur.com/2yAzZ2h.png

MayBe DongJu Focused More About Her Debt To NokDu, Ignoring To Read Name Of Her Debtor.

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Nokdu after finding out the truth.

Omo...that milky skin though... not only he's beautiful as a female but also has perfect skin. This world is unfair :joy:

14 minutes ago, mujisano said:

LOL... you are right. She was probably too occupied after knowing Nokdu is her mother. Or a mistake from the writer's part... ha ha...

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

What I noticed in my long experience with Korean dramas... never just expect a fluffy romcom. There is always angst involved. :lol:

Right? Which I sometimes hate... lol.. but since this is sageuk with politics involved, expect that there will always, ALWAYS, be an angst  :D

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

What I noticed in my long experience with Korean dramas... never just expect a fluffy romcom. There is always angst involved. :lol:

I need to do that :joy:

My expectations :mrgreen:

5daed83d415d8323454676.gif?download

My reality :joy:

3e0ttd.gif

I cried with Dong Joo today. Especially when she ran to the river calling him but not knowing his name. :tears:

The character slowly developed - or to say, not at all. But KSH acting is so amazing. 

But TWO masscares for a girl... that's too much, and letting her cry in front of ND (fake) grave is a bit... harsh. Her family was all dead and now eomoni.... 

My heart is relieved anw, because HT protects his brother even they are not same blood. :tears:

There's no way back for YM, since he's Injo. But it's just 1 ep since he came out, he's already that evil, I cant image what he gonna do later.

BTW, I think I'll follow this drama till the end, but it's better not to call this a romcom :pensive:

On 10/22/2019 at 10:19 PM, Jillia said:

@Ameera Ali

Why though on a swing... the swing is reserved for Dong Joo and Nokdu! :joy:

The swing may also for Nokdu and... His majesty :rolleyes:

QxTosE5.gif

hmmm, please tell me I am wrong but based on the preview it seems like our couple will be separated. i am assuming that DJ thinks that ND is dead and ND is avoiding her. this episode makes my 'ruler ptsd' tingles. I... umm,  excuse me for a second. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I PRAAAAY THAT THEY WILL NOT GO DOWN THE ROAD WHERE THE MAIN COUPLE GOT SEPARATED FOR WAY TOOOO LONG COZ THE GIRL THINKS THE GUY IS DEAD AND THE GUY THINKS IT IS WAAAY BETTER FOR THE GIRL TO KEEP THINKING THAT HE IS DEAD BECAUSE "It iZ ThE bEsT 4 hEr" AND KEEP ON HIDING AND AVOIDING HER AND THE GIRL REMAINS THE MOST CLUELESS OUT OF ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE DRAMA INCLUDING THE NAMELESS EXTRAS WHO WALKS AROUND IN THE BACKGROUND BUT KEEP ON SPOUTING REVENGE WITHOUT ANY CLEAR OR CLEVER COHERENT PLAN SO SHE JUST CHILLS AROUND DOING THE BARE MINIMUM OR GETTING HERSELF IN TROUBLE, BEING A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS  BUSY WORKING THEIR BOTTOM OFF DOING STUFF COZ THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A CLEVER COHERENT PLAN.  i dont think i can handle it

giphy.gif

Children being put to the sword, women being burnt alive in their houses, torturing of people and all kinds of killing? I get that we were going to get angst at some point, but this got a tad violent for a Rom-com :blink: I hope they find their balance in the coming episodes since I love the this drama and don't want it to crash and burn.

The end scenes for the week have been epic.

i mean ... first the full frontal pecs, now the profile shot with the long sideburns? I am not really seeing poor DJ limp in his arms surrounded by evil in a fiery pit.

but I am quite sure they are trying to kill me.

will be back after catching both eps subbed tmrw! 

Archived