[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

I said yulmu could not be the big boss but now that he is what does that mean? Will he use the female assassins to take down the king who is no longer our villain. He is clearly meant to succeed in his quest to become king. Where does that leave nokdu our prince in hiding? Will he die or go live quietly on a island with dongjoo after his father is dethroned? I'm making a list of people who will most likely die by the end of this drama - The king, his favorite minister and maybe the adoptive father of nokdu. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just posted this past Saturday, didn’t I? Guess 10 years of watching k-dramas really paid off for me B) 

1-F96457-D-82-AA-4-F26-BEFB-0-E6-ED6914-

So I wasn’t really surprised YM turned out to be the boss but I didn’t expect him to be such a psycho. Maybe it sounds weird but Kang Tae Oh’s hotness factor just went up a scale. He bored me with his Prince Charming smiles but he totally made my heart race when he started killing people and looking like a lunatic LOL. Those crazy eyes and psycho smirking was really something.

I still don’t understand how he fits in the whole scheme though. Who is he exactly? Is he the king Gwangtae’s brother? Was does the Grand Prince mean? 

So if I understand it correctly there were 3 candidates who could have succeeded king Gwangtae? 

1) Yool Moo - still not sure if he’s working for the king or against him 

2) Hwang Tae - possibly the king’s son? 

3) Prince Yeongchang - the king’s half brother who’s dead now 

I don’t know but logically wouldn’t the king want to get rid of Yeongchang and keep his son (possibly Hwang Tae)? But it was the other way around. He ordered his son to be killed but kept his half brother alive. It’s very confusing and I’m kinda lost here.

lol I finish watching episode 6 with eng subs, YM is even worse. 

First he is using the little girl as a spy ( telling everything related to DJ and NK) with his cooking skills and charming smiles. 

Then what the hell did he tell to DJ to freak her out that much. I supposed he threatened to kill Nokdu or something. 

Yikes 

Finally he is the future King Injo. He is seen as one of the worst king in Korea History, right. 

Now i fear the drama will end tragically 

I have to wonder if DJ knew about YM’s sociopath/bloodlust/ambitions. She is so cautious with him and cold. She is smart and observing. Maybe she is scared of him or at least doesn’t trust him. 

@aisling If you ever feel like making any other predictions for the characters feel free. You'll get no questions from me. 

19 minutes ago, aisling said:

LOL I guess Minister Heo represents all of us watching that scene. 

I had shivers down my spine when he smirked. Kang taeoh is a study in how to be scary and sexy at the same time. 

After rewatching the last episode.. I had different thoughts from my first comment

YM is not the big boss (First I thought so). The Big boss is Minister Heo. Yool Mu is the outsider who has been watching over the Gibang and the Village (for Dongju and personal agenda). Now that he felt threaten by Nokdu's existence around Dongju, he's eyeing Nokdu as well. Watching Nokdu, it led him to witness the head gisaeng killed a man. I think using his high position, he threated the Head gisaeng (maybe using the lives of Ssok, her friends and all the Muweol members) and made a deal with her.  She agreed to write a letter for Woman Corp to let Yoomul's swordman Dan Ho to kill the little prince instead of following Heo's order to guard the prince.

I also love the theory the reason Yool Mu wanted to be the King.. He loves Dongju so much that he'll do anything for her even using the dirtiest and meanest way

Clearly to me now that the one who caught Dal rae and tortured her was Yool mu. He may be afraid of someone lurking around Dong Ju (who glued with Nokdu like 24 hours) and find out Dong Ju's real identity.  I believe Yool Mu also has been watching everyone's movement and knew about the Muweol Corp and started meddling with it after he got the information from Dal rae. He knew Heo was the Boss and the King Maker,  that's why I think it's one of his plan to make Heo works for him. He even planted one of the spy in Heo's group.  YM ordered DanHo to hunt and kill the woman's corp who chase Nokdu's family and secured the target (Hwang Tae and his father) to make deal with Heo.

I'm not surprised that Yool Mu eliminated the perverted Yangban who wanted Dongju. He's very blood thirsty. I agree with most of you, Yool Mu is kinda Pyscho and the creepiest character in the drama.

About Nokdu: I really love his character.. The boy's heart is so pure that he cried over his first love but not to give up easily. I love the scene where he hug and carried Dongju to prevent her go to work for YM. The result is so funny.. NOSEBLEED.. HAHAHAHA  The show is doing really fine in push and pull relation ship.. My heart flutters everytime Dongju and Nokdu together. 

I was supposed to reply to some of the others in the thread but first things first-----

6 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Anyway... who's with me in the #teamYool-MoistheHottestBoyinTTON?

OHMYGOD HERE!! HERE!!!

tenor.gif

I'M PROUD TO BE A COMPLETE YULMOO TRASH LMAO I'M A LOST CAUSE (still love Nokdu but u got Dongjoo now soooo bye jk)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1360640wpp/jang-dong-yoon-offers-kim-so-hyun-a-helping-hand-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

Jang Dong Yoon Offers Kim So Hyun A Helping Hand In “The Tale Of Nokdu”

Oct 22, 2019
by C. Hong

On October 22, KBS’s “The Tale of Nokdu” released stills of Jang Dong Yoon, Kim So Hyun, and Park Da Yeon in the upcoming Episodes 13-14.

Spoiler

Last episode, Nokdu (Jang Dong Yoon) boldly told Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun) that he would make her like him. However, Dong Joo is a realistic person and could not accept Nokdu’s sincere feelings. Furthermore, the truth about Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh)’s real identity was revealed, complicating the love triangle between them.

In the new stills, Nokdu, Dong Joo, and Aeng Du (Park Da Yeon) go on an excursion to the lake together. Nokdu has ditched his women’s clothes and looks dashing in a new gat (Korean traditional hat) and the robes of a nobleman. He looks at Dong Joo with affection and tries to help her out even though she shuts down all of his advances. Adding a sense of comedy to the scene, however, is Aeng Du, nonchalantly eating grilled fish by the fire and ignoring the budding romance happening around her.

the-tale-of-nokdu-jang-dong-yoon-kim-so-

The production staff of “The Tale of Nokdu” stated, “The key point for Episodes 13 and 14 will be the tangled relationship between Nokdu, who will no longer hide his true feelings, Dong Joo, who is confused by them, and Yul Moo, who has revealed his ambitions to become king. Please tune in to see whether Nokdu’s sincerity will finally touch Dong Joo’s heart.”

“The Tale of Nokdu” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. KST.

I'm behind that theory of Yulmoo wanting the throne for Dongjoo, too.

Boy's in far too deep like Nokdu lol, he loves her ever since their childhood (and I do hope that it wasn't all an act), that for him to act with Dongjoo's welfare in mind seems natural.;) I do think that he wanted to help her and pursue her after all that, but I feel like he has a more ulterior motive (and I kinda wanted that, no to second-leads-whose-lives-revolve-solely-around-the-female-lead!)

1 minute ago, icryforattention said:

hiiiii the baseball game is on again )): does anyone have any idea when it will end? i know nothing about baseball essentially 

based on what i read, there is no time limit in baseball. they keep on going until someone wins. 

Archived