Quantcast

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- THANK YOU FOR WATCHING -                                                                                    @0ly40 @50okie @aineofcebu @aisling @akausagi @alekaonu @Ameera Al

My ship is officially sailing!      The Submissive Lover ...            Lady Kim's powerful punch!       But DJ

@Sky8lue @lightbringer06 their wedding conquer the wind , like their  love conquer everything between them           

12 minutes ago, rocat said:

isn’t it? 
I just watched the subbed ep and I wonder why DJ was so nonchalant when that half naked guy walked in all damp. 
That is how my face would be if my brother walked about in the house like that but definitely not someone I take a fancy to. Her face didn’t even change. Some incredible self-control there..:lol:

I don't know how kim sohyun has been keeping a straight face with all the nakedness of jang dongyoon I would be beetroot red. That is some professionalism. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
38 minutes ago, rocat said:

isn’t it? 
I just watched the subbed ep and I wonder why DJ was so nonchalant when that half naked guy walked in all damp. 
That is how my face would be if my brother walked about in the house like that but definitely not someone I take a fancy to. Her face didn’t even change. Some incredible self-control there..:lol:

25 minutes ago, petunia said:

I don't know how kim sohyun has been keeping a straight face with all the nakedness of jang dongyoon I would be beetroot red. That is some professionalism. 

I hope we’ll get to see BTS of that kiss to see So Hyun reacting :lol: I bet she wasn’t that nonchalant like her character. 

OR it could be that Dong Joo already touched his “ehm” and if you already touch THAT you don’t get embarrassed by a little nakedness B)

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
42 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Soon, a  big BL (boys love) in KDRAMA.  See more and more guys kissing in a drama,  I think that little by little the door is opening

And more recent drama have gay chacracter/relationship (Moment at 18, Be Melodramatic, Secret Bountique...)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
5 minutes ago, aisling said:

I hope we’ll get to see BTS of that kiss to see So Hyun reacting :lol: I bet she wasn’t that nonchalant like her character. 

OR it could be that Dong Joo already touched his “ehm” and if you already touch THAT you don’t get embarrassed by a little nakedness B)

Ooh. With all that touching and feeling who has the time to be shy? They're raising my expectations for a deep kiss.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, valNK said:

The more the story goes, the less I think Nokdu was the prince, haha, Idk why.

Welcome to the #teamNokduIsNotThePrince :D

1 hour ago, valNK said:

However, maybe I'm in my late 20s and having a writing career (...)

It's not only you. I'm not a huge k-drama addicted (got no free time, just watching Kim So-hyun works), but at this time I've given up about all the little (or big) script holes. I just enjoy them and move on. Like a computers blogger said long time ago, "you want literature, read James Joyce".

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

It’s understandable she finished whole village meats  :tounge_xd: she heart broken, maybe eyeing her next fiancé to replace the ex oppa / unnie :joy:

literally, this girl can eat the whole village the way she's eating now 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, valNK said:

However, maybe I'm in my late 20s and having a writing career or I'm kind of too old for rom-com like this(?) I think that the storytelling here is kind of clumsy, they push to climax and unravel the knot unbelievably simple. I dont know how kissing Yulmu can solve the risk of Aeung Du and drunken Dongju. Why they really need that big mouth kid stick around Nokdu instead of her father? It's not a smart move compared to what we see from the beginning. And the misunderstanding jealousy was overused but love tension is not just around jealousy. They skipped the awkwardness around the palanquin scene too fast and superficially, it should have been a turning-point which awakes their sexual tension toward each other. Think abt it, you see a girl among hundred women, and a boy disguising as a woman, what make they different? Did I expect too much or the writers have to make thing clearly innocent like this?

I'm just saying my pov, I still love the show :) 

It's definitely not award winning writing, but if it were written and filmed in a manner that plugged all gaps, it would probably last more than 16 episodes, and poor korean actors and production crews wouldn't be working in such squalid conditions (which is something probably for another post on another thread). I'm alright with such gaps in logic because (1) they're not massive and do not disrupt the story development and (2) these are bit of comedy that need to be inserted to keep the tension high with pockets of release.

Yes, that kiss with Yulmu didn't make much sense, but it created enough shock and confusion to throw everyone off before either Dongjoo or Aengdu could say or do more in front of too many people before the time was right. 

And yes, Aengdu should not have stayed with Nokdu, but given the circumstances and how she is a girl, it would make better sense for her to stay with Nokdu and potentially have Dongjoo babysit her, than for her to disrupt her father's plan to help Nokdu with more snooping. The only problem is Aengdu is anything but adorable and she's really starting to get on my nerves. I'll give the little actress due credit for that. I'm sure she's meant to be that obnoxious brat that she is.

As regards the sexual tension that is hoped to have been achieved in the palanquin -- I do think it was already achieved in the cut in the preceding episode, which is what led to the kiss in this most recent episode. Realistically, in that situation, they probably didn't have enough time to be fiddling with each other in that tiny space beyond hurriedly exchanging clothes.

1 hour ago, valNK said:

I'm confused abt Nov 19th. The king's child was said dying after birth, so it must be Nov 19th. But Nokdu birthday is not long before Danoh festival (May 5th) And the Queen also memorized her child's death on that day with okchundang. The more the story goes, the less I think Nokdu was the prince, haha, Idk why.

As regards this, Jung Yoonjeo might well have lied to Nokdu about his birthdate since 19 Nov was clearly a date not to be associated with. I'm more curious as to why the king felt compelled to kill his son and why he said if only he had not been born on 19 Nov. What's with this date?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

"Love is like a cough. You cannot hold it back."

I swear, I was literally laughing my richard simmons off in this episode.... haha...From this...

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-5.gif 

..to jealous and sly drama queen Nokdu...

Spoiler

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-6.gif

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-7.gif 

... to being a cutie Nokdu^^...

Spoiler

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-8.gif

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-9.gif 

Even the love triangle is so complicatedly funny, or should I say quadrangle? :)... or even pentagon if you add Aengdu...lol...

So we are being revealed to slowly in regards to the King's baby. I still cannot say at this point if it was really Nokdu. And I just don't get what does being born in the 19th of November even mean and how is it an unfortunate date for the King to go to the extent of wanting to kill his own flesh and blood. I'm not sure how they're gonna reveal the birth secret since they are just giving us bits and pieces of it every episode, which I personally like, that the focus remains on our main leads and the palace thingy is just a sideline story at least for now.

But if there's one thing I really like about the episode, it's the confession scene ♡♡♡. I love how both ND and DJ are aware of their feelings for each other that they didn't actually drag it out or either one being oblivious about it. They're both very straightforward, well, mostly in ND's part since he confessed first. I think ND is much more innocent when it comes to love compared to DJ, contradictory to what he's saying he's loved many times which is obviously a lie. But I love how he figured out his own feelings by himself when he realized and said...

20191016-142913.gif 

And I know DJ is holding back a little. But when ND told her how he can read her and knows about her true feelings and kissed her, she didn't push him away. And I know I was jokingly saying in my previous post how ND's kiss to YM is more intense than to DJ.. haha.. but it was a forced one so it looks that way. So that brief and soft kiss he gave DJ is just a confirmation of both their feelings before cupping her face and going for a deep kiss.... and DJ closed her eyes... if only it wasn't interrupted :joy:

"He might be looking at you, but you are not. You are looking at me."

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-4.gif 

And may I just say Aengdu is such a scene stealer... haha... the child actress is doing such a fine job^^.. even her lines are on point. 

Spoiler

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-1.gif20191016-155727.gif 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

I rewatched the episode and now kind of pissed that we have to wait a week for episode 11-12:joy: like... I could have watch what happened next but no.. I have to wait. one. more. week. LOL 

when is the bts usually released? coz i need something to ease this craving. help. :joy:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
32 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I think it is Kim yoo Jung, I think I see a photo of her in the top left corner in the kitchen. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Not really active in this thread despite watching the drama with a lot of joy. :) Just wanted to say: yes, the truck was send by Kim Yoo Jung. If you enlarge the image you can see Kim Yoo Jung's name on the banner next to the truck. :D

Edit:

And the name is also on the banner above the truck. :D

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, valNK said:

I dont know how kissing Yulmu can solve the risk of Aeung Du and drunken Dongju. Why they really need that big mouth kid stick around Nokdu instead of her father? It's not a smart move compared to what we see from the beginning. And the misunderstanding jealousy was overused but love tension is not just around jealousy. They skipped the awkwardness around the palanquin scene too fast and superficially, it should have been a turning-point

I think it was more of desperation on nokdu to create some big distraction. It made the people around them so distracted by jealousy of nokdu kissing yulmu and vice versa by the village curator that they forgotten that aeung shouted, “honey!” It’s priorities, love makes people idiots :lol: 

*also aeung du is stuck to nokdu because she’s obsessed with him and he’s her future husband lol she went all this way to find him, she’s not going to want to stay with her father lol 

I agree misunderstandings can be so annoying but I’m glad that at least in this show, it gets resolved really fast. 

I too wanted to see more awkwardness during the clothes changing scene  lol but then again this genre is more comedy base, so maybe they wanted to skip anything that made it too risqué? but also there’s a possibility of time restraint and maybe they made the scene shorter. Who knows lol 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, aisling said:

Since sohyunnie confessed in their recent radio show that she laughs when flustered, I think we'd see her laughing a lot in the behind the scenes.:D I also wonder if there'd be some shyness on both of their parts, or will they continue to bicker as usual in order to cover it up hahaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

I was asking myself how could Dong Joo react nonchalantly to the 6-packs shirtless Nokdu when he came in the room  :rolleyes:

but then I remember that Dong Joo wasn’t supposed to have that reaction. She just ripped his clothes the previous night and they were changing clothes in a small palanquin. She couldn’t reached surprisingly or embarrassed like us :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, cinnamonsterxx said:

Since sohyunnie confessed in their recent radio show that she laughs when flustered, I think we'd see her laughing a lot in the behind the scenes.:D I also wonder if there'd be some shyness on both of their parts, or will they continue to bicker as usual in order to cover it up hahaha

We now know her secret^^... if she just suddenly laughs without any reason, she's definitely flustered :lol:. Well, I just hope KBS won't be so stingy and actually release the kiss scene BTS. I was hoping they do release the palanquin scene but didn't ^_^.

So from the eps out, looks like all the scenes from the drama's teaser have already been shown except...

20191016-184923.gif .. where DJ is shutting YM up after seeing her with ND half naked :joy:

And this sweet scene turned to ND being hit... :).. which will probably in eps 11-12 as well, I believe.

20191016-184753.gif

20191016-184854.gif 

If these scenes are already up to eps 11-12, shouldn't that mean they aren't just halfway filming the drama. But KSH and JDY did say they have almost filmed most of the scenes and that they're doing their best to do so. But again, I have no idea how many days does it usually take them to shoot an entire episode, so :)

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

hi buddies I am new here but I've been checking every post since the beginning of this drama

I was satisfied with the latest ep,  and I even wonder if the director has re-edited to not disappoint us,  since last night most audience got upset by the cancellation. this ep is in a really fast pace. 

I guess that for the indifference (maybe) of DJ to see or touch NK,  it might be the case since DJ was raised in the place where beautiful jiseong serves man:sweat_smile:. she is used to see man and woman playing (those flirting and maybe sexual behavior) so she dose not easily got embrassed

And as for the kiss scene between our OTP,  I tend to believe that the writer made it deliberately for ND to show his up body. it was in the widow village so he couldn't dress up as a man.  so he just didn't wear in order to avoid dressing up as woman. he is beautiful so the writer don't want us to confuse them for the girl lovers maybe:sweatingbullets:
and without closing,  there is more tension and shows ND's bravery for confession.  most importantly,  there is no way for ND to make up any lies towards YW. he saw it with his eyes lmao:joy: poor YW

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전