Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

Someone sent coffee truck to Tale of Nokdu team. :sweat_smile:

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I really like the previews for this drama. I think it captures the fun, and has laugh out loud moments.

[Confusion]
ND: What are you doing?! How dare you interfere!

[Destruction]
AD: Husband!
ND: My Lord! My Lord! Just a moment!

[Forgetfulness]
ND: My Lord
DJ: Ay, how could I dream such a ridiculous dream?

I had a chuckle when ND seemingly makes a play for YM. I assume it's both to help his cover of being a widow, but also to keep YM from following DJ around like a puppy. But, the really funny moment for me is when ND and DJ are sleeping right at the end of the clip, and DJ wakes up laughing at having had such a ridiculous dream, and then AD's hand plops onto her neck. :lol:

I wonder how ND is going to keep AD from claiming him as her husband and thus her property.

The BGM on the YT previews also seem to be different than the previews at the end of the episodes. In this preview, the song playing as BGM is a cover of The Beatles "Come Together". The original BGM in the preview episode was nice, but the preview clip song actually heightened the humor and the surreality and ridiculousness of the scenes for me. :)

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Crazy palace twist: king Gwanghae said he used to travel alone disguised as normal people; that's when he heard that story about the crushed worm egg.

So, he may want to enter the widow village and, therefor, crossdress too (better if he shave his beard before...).

OK, OK, I'm leaving now, please stop kicking me...

Now seriously, I'm still to find some negative review/comment about TTON. Popular response is overwhelming.

LOL... that would be a... weird twist^^. Can't imagine him disguised as a widow :lol:

Very true~ about all the positive comments about this. I've been reading lots of comments everywhere and there's like 3-4% maybe who aren't that positive, or 2-3% (?)^^. But like almost everyone is enjoying this sooo much :) I can see that most of TTON's vids uploaded in DramaKBS and that other channel KBS한국방송 has the most views as well.

I hope that these positive feedback will be channeled to the ratings...sending all the positive energy to Korea :heart:

giphy-3.gif 

Sending sexy Nokdu vibes...:) :)

20191013-083213.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

I find it funny & fascinating how his hair get more care & attention than lead girl hair  :mrgreen::joy:

really is hard to be beautiful 24 hour 

15709262891570926265.gif

15709264921570926447.gif

... his abs may need some oil too & attention - Just saying :yum:

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I love the chemistry between Nokdu and Dong-joo. My heart flutters every time they bicker, while at the same time, their attraction with each other just keep on growing. I’m totally shipping them and my fave scene so far was when ND is teaching DJ how to dance. That’s just so sweet, while hot at the same time.

• Like 8
  • Love 6

@Breeze I think it’s the food truck sent by PD Kim Dong Hwi to cheer up staffs and actors. From some staffs ig, they were filming some fire scenes around midnight till 3Am today, and not knowing when the filming finished this morning. It must be hard for all the Nokdu team :unsure:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

The strongest declaration of love motherhood in k-drama goes to:

I love Dong Ju's "arrgh...why are you always getting into trouble" face here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358611wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-yoon-discover-feelings-they-werent-aware-of-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Yoon Discover Feelings They Weren’t Aware Of In “The Tale Of Nokdu”

Oct 13, 2019
by L. Kim

Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon are getting closer in “The Tale of Nokdu”!

“The Tale of Nokdu” tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community with hopes to discover the truth. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan), and they become roommates.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Jeon Nok Du saved Dong Dong Joo from a crisis. So far, the two have shown bizarre chemistry with their mother-daughter relationship, and now, they are spiraling their way into a romantic relationship. Viewers are already wondering how the sly but sweet Jeon Nok Du will pair up with Dong Dong Joo, who is hiding a painful past behind her courageous smile.

On October 13, the drama released stills of Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo enjoying some time together under the moonlight. They sit next to each other on a bridge, and a stream of unfamiliar feelings surface between them. Dong Dong Joo puts up a begrudging attitude to deny her surging feelings for Jeon Nok Du, who looks surprised with his hand on his arm as if she has punched him there. Their chemistry is undeniable, and viewers are anticipating the change in their relationship.

kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-21.jpg

In the next episode, the unpredictable romance between Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo will take place in earnest. Jeon Nok Du will become jealous of Dong Dong Joo’s reunion with Cha Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh), and Dong Dong Joo will misunderstand the relationship between Jeon Nok Du and an elite lady. With the emergence of Aeng Doo (Park Da Yeon) and General Hwang (Lee Moon Sik) who come to Hanyang to visit him, Jeon Nok Du’s dangerous adventure will become more exciting.

The production crew commented, “The unfamiliar changes undergone by Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo, who begin to realize their feelings, will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10. The excitement will increase with a clumsy, jealous Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo’s denial of her feelings for him. We hope you will watch how their feelings change in the midst of the whirlwind of events.”

“The Tale of Nokdu” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Sky8lue said:

The production crew commented, “The unfamiliar changes undergone by Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo, who begin to realize their feelings, will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10. The excitement will increase with a clumsy, jealous Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo’s denial of her feelings for him. We hope you will watch how their feelings change in the midst of the whirlwind of events.”

ooooo... cant wait to see jealous nokdu:phew:. we've seen snippet of it lol

MediumIdioticAmericanbulldog-small.gif

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

I have a full weekend making some fanart and watching the BTS. Sohyun acting is amazing. In the swing scene, how can she laugh and tease around then immediately turn emotional when camera was on? The chemistry is on point, both on and off screen. I used to ship her with Yoo Seung Ho in Ruler, but that drama just gave me political-saeguk-trauma which made me stay away from kdrama for years. But now I'm back with another saeguk and another ship  T__T  I'm still scared of the politic thing and hope that the plot wont flop. 

Btw, @Breeze Thanks for sharing my art :wub: 

• Like 9
  • Love 4

41 minutes ago, kshuuuuuw said:

He always jealous :joy:

15709594121570959355.gif

I think she the one need to be jealous in screen  he got  fiancé, future husband & three musketeers that have crush on him :joy: & off screen one big fangirl :mrgreen:

15709588621570958825.gif

15709576181570957588.gif

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

68AbrSi.gif 

Yessss :w00t: please sleep together, don't worry because ...

hXPL4rb.gif

she's a dead sleeper hahahahaha:joy:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

aww I love the whole idea of clumsy jealous nokdu in the preview! I supposed dongju is rejecting the idea because she thinks he has a lady, but i'm wondering how the whole fiasco from the end of ep 4 will be resolved, since his "lady" was right there! what excuse will he come up with to return to the widow village if his lady is 'free'? even better, if he claims that wasn't his lady, Dongju will think he's even more of a womanizer :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, kshuuuuuw said:

And before that scene, he already displayed his jealousy, probably unknowingly, in this...:lol:

20191013-204644.gif

20191013-204856.gif 

He feels intimidated by Yulmu's possible high-rank status that he comforts himself by saying he's more handsome :rolleyes:.. yes, yes, you are. You're even pretty too :-)

hmm... "will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10"... love it~! :heart:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Greetings from the Virtuous Women Corps trio. They seem to be filming in Pyeong Chang tonight!

So his best friend turned into a suitor... :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1