BTS

2uxed9pcw42d.gif

Spoiler

nbuys5arwbwr.gif

62am7pnt0hp0.gif

z22fdztiz3j3.gif

DC

The Tale of Nokdu (episodes 3 and 4)

Love this show so much! Is there a way to love a playful romantic sageuk any more than I love this show right now? It is so fun, it has me smiling at random moments throughout the week and rethinking moments that happened in the show, and I actually look forward to covering it come Monday.

I love this show so much that we are going to start to cover it first on Mondays and Tuesdays

COMMENTS

This show is the bombdiggity. I love it so much, it is so fun and playful and keeps me on my toes and wondering what is going to happen next. I love how the widow storyline has played out in actually becoming the truth as Nokdu hugged the actual widow. And I love how Nokdu and Dongju ended up in the carriage with her determinedly taking off his clothing to switch with her and him really not wanting to do it. This show is so aces, I love it to much.

I love it when a show can give me goosebumps and happy feelings while I watch it that subsequently end up lasting all day long. It is so wonderful and makes me wish that this show aired everyday of the week. I definitely am putting it up there with a TV show that I would recommend first time Kdrama watchers check out. Of course, we have to see how it progresses (and how it ends) but right now, everything about it is great.

Recaps: episode 3 (5&6) and episode 4 (7&8)

PREVIEW

Caption – CHAOS

ND – *stumbles out of the carriage and slaps one of the men* How dare you matter in this!

Caption – DESTROY

ND – *is carried from a horse by the guy that crushes on her*

AD – Husba-a-a-a-a-and!

ND – *runs away from the little girl he was supposed to marry.

Caption – FORGETTING

ND – *pins Yool-moo against a tree as if he likes him* Mister.

DJ – *tosses and turns in bed* Ah, that stupid dream.
credit https://twitter.com/dramamilk_

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, angrytomato said:

More or less, she's chemistry with every male actor she work with. But, according to what she has recently said, it was 2PM's Taecyeon the closest when they shot "Let's Fight Ghost". And I agree, watching their BTS.

Let's see the place Jong Dong-yoon is going to reach in that loooong --and envied-- list of hot boys.

LOL... that is true.. and the list is gonna go on and on from now^^.. and I agree that she has chemistry with everyone.

7 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

I love how comfortable they are with each other off screen. It's probably because they get along so well that they can immerse themselves into their roles as Nokdu and Dong Ju, and that's why they own the characters. Kudos to KSH and JDY for bringing their characters alive :)

I concur~ can't imagine anyone playing their characters. They totally nailed it!

7 hours ago, aineofcebu said:

Yeah. Her interactions with Taecyeon bts are precious, that was the level that shes posting bts pics with Taec on her IG.

But she mentioned about Taecyeon on above inteview right before Tale of Nokdu started airing, so lets see from her post drama interviews if DongYoon can dethrone Taecyeon :joy:

HEHE... lol.. "dethrone".. hope she does post interviews later on. I kinda wanna see a photoshoot of them for a magazine too, like Elle or something. Most couple of dramas do it so hope they do too. Just wanna see some more interactions between them ^.^

7 hours ago, Breeze said:

After her every drama ı ship her with her co-star :))) She is chemistry quenn :wub: She is always cheerful behind the camera :) But yes she is really  comfortable with Dong Yoon and they look good friends. I am very happy for this as a KSH fan.

@angrytomato and @aineofcebu mentioned she was really happy and comfortable with Taecyeon. And uptaded a lot on her ig about Let Fight Ghost .

Coffe truck for Jang Dong Yoon.

I never actually shipped her with any of his costar except for Sungjae... ha ha.. I did start Let's Fight Ghost but I think I didn't manage to finish it, it's just one of those list of dramas I start but always end up abandoning^^.. So I didn't know she even update her IG with him in it. And she also usually doesn't post a behind-the-scene pic with any of his costars, does she? I follow her in IG but I think I don't see it much.

Who sent him the coffee truck though? 

5 hours ago, cinnamonsterxx said:

Same!! I shipped her w/ her co-stars, but most especially w/ Sungjae, Shin Jae Ha, and Yoo Seungho. Right now tho, I have a feeling that Dong Yoon x So Hyun (YoonHyun?:wub:) will be my top ship for her. Their onscreen and offscreen antics and banter are too cute! I'm really glad, too that she's having fun on set. All of them are!

And gaaaahd that picture! When I saw that scene in the behind the scenes video I grinned so hard wtf my cheeks hurt hahaha look at how Dong Yoon stared at Sso while she laughed. :tears: So precious!!

HAHA... only ship her with Sungjae and I'm still waiting for a reunion drama with them as leads because I can't accept that they didn't end up together in School 2015 :rolleyes:....until came Jang Dong Yoon.. haha.. he just skyrocketed at the top of the list^^.. I'm sorry, Sungjae, it's JDY for me now :joy:

Oh yeah, love this pic too... I love how careful his hand placement in KSH's waist even after they made an NG ♡♡♡ ...THIS, right?^^ which @Breeze also posted...

IMG-20191012-081728.jpg 

I feel like KSH is always smiling behind the scenes... lol... from the teasers when she was teasing JDY.. even during their pre-interviews... she's always laughing besides JDY or laughing at JDY ^-^

4 hours ago, elan1 said:

Did they ever explain the reason why dong Joo Joo is collecting those valuable  combs? It doesn’t make sense to me lol 

I have a feeling she might use it when she plans to enter the palace? When she seeks revenge for her family. Remember she said that the only way she can be near the king is to enter the palace. But idk, I could be wrong. Maybe she'll use it as an accesory or whatever.

KSH and JDY is soooo cute in the bts. They look so comfortable with each other hahaha  from what Ive seen from ksh prev drama, she tries to be friendly with her male co-stars but I feel like she's still not fully comfortable with them. But in this drama, she seems even more carefree and relaxed :P

EGmQgG5VAAAqqK-?format=jpg&name=large

photo credit: @Dongnok7

question: how do you insert twitter post in your post? 

10 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Okay, I'm officially shipping these two :tounge_xd:... not really an avid fan of KSH but looks like people are saying she's comfortable with JDY compared to other actors. Not sure about that, though. Any Kim So Hyun stan here? :D

Yes she is so comfortable with him to the point that’s it the first time I couldn’t ship So Hyun with her costar offscreen :sweatingbullets: They are basically two kids at the playground in most making vids or two siblings fighting for the same toy :lol: but in the drama, Nokdu and Dong Joo chemistry is exploding and I love this couple so much that I’m already dreadful to let this couple go in 6 weeks :bawling:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358446wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-continue-to-show-amazing-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-of-the-tale-of-nokdu

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Show Amazing Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “The Tale Of Nokdu”

Oct 12, 2019
by R. Jun

October 11, KBS released a new behind-the-scenes video for “The Tale of Nokdu”!

The making video features scenes from this week’s episodes, where Nokdu (Jang Dong Yoon) watches Dong Ju (Kim So Hyun) failing at dance practice, later teaching her himself, and the two spend time on a swing.

The video starts with Jang Dong Yoon talking with the child actors from Busan, and then he jokes, while standing next to some flowers, “It’s hard to tell if Nokdu is the flower, or the flower is Nokdu..” When a staff member shouts, “What did you say?!” he quickly apologizes.

Shooting her dance practice scene, Kim So Hyun is all smiles, laughing at people’s reactions to her character’s dance skills. Jang Dong Yoon says, “This is a scene where I burst out laughing, and it’s really easy to get into character. It makes me laugh for real.”

jang-dong-yoon-kim-so-hyun-tale-of-nokdu

Jang Dong Yoon then rehearses for the scene in which his character dances for Dong Ju and then teaches her. When asked how Jang Dong Yoon’s dancing is, Kim So Hyun jokes, “It’s tolerable. He worked hard, so it’s okay.”

In the next cut, Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun spend some time practicing for their scene with the swing. After hearing that the swing could break, Kim So Hyun, a little scared, asks Jang Dong Yoon not to push too much.

She goes higher on the swing than she expected, and Kim So Hyun says, “Just tell me if you don’t like me.”

Jang Dong Yoon, who wants another turn on the swing, says to Kim So Hyun, “It’s dangerous. The rope could break.” He tries to sit down once Kim So Hyun gets up, but gets called to shoot another scene. Triumphant, Kim So Hyun reclaims her seat, saying, “The swing is mine.”

looking at the photo of NokDu, DongJoo and Aengdu on the boat, what if Aengdu actually decides that DongJoo is also her 'daughter' since she's Nokdu's 'fiancee' and decides to treat DongJoo as such. Feel like there's a lot of room for laughs over how ridiculous it can get. 

3 hours ago, herina_90 said:

looking at the photo of NokDu, DongJoo and Aengdu on the boat, what if Aengdu actually decides that DongJoo is also her 'daughter' since she's Nokdu's 'fiancee' and decides to treat DongJoo as such. Feel like there's a lot of room for laughs over how ridiculous it can get. 

When it comes to physical strength, I suspect bet it is Aeng Du > Dong Ju > Nokdu. Nokdu is no match for these ladies! Can't wait to see why the three of them ended up rowing a boat at that lake (are they still in Hanyang?) and honestly this scene looks too peaceful(?) to be true. It'll be such a twist if Aeng Du and Dong Ju gang up against Nokdu. So next week, Nokdu is going to have four children to take care of: Dong Ju, Dong Dong, Dong Ju junior plus Aeng Du. Eomoni is going to have his hands full.

I am curious too what the scene in the boat is all about. I wonder what episode they are filming now. Seeing that photo, I'm kinda relieved they might not dwell too much about the palace issue. However, I remember JDY saying he didn't have much scenes with Jun Ho during the first half, only the second half. Nevertheless, I still believe they'll keep the palace thing at a minimum and maintain the pacing.

Regarding the rating promise, glad that they'll be doing the radio show together again, despite the fact that it's originally a promise on JDY's part. So are they going to pour Dong2 Ju to the fans then? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Nevertheless, I still believe they'll keep the palace thing at a minimum and maintain the pacing.

Crazy palace twist: king Gwanghae said he used to travel alone disguised as normal people; that's when he heard that story about the crushed worm egg.

So, he may want to enter the widow village and, therefor, crossdress too (better if he shave his beard before...).

OK, OK, I'm leaving now, please stop kicking me...

Now seriously, I'm still to find some negative review/comment about TTON. Popular response is overwhelming.

4 Moments That Left Viewers’ Hearts Racing In “The Tale Of Nokdu”

KBS 2TV’s “The Tale of Nokdu” has thrilled viewers with its romantic scenes between Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun!

“The Tale of Nokdu” tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community with hopes to discover the truth. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan), and they become roommates.

Here are four moments that left viewers’ hearts racing in “The Tale of Nokdu”!

1. “Can I call you unni?”

After Nok Du, who grew up in a peaceful village, met the spunky Dong Joo, his life began to change. They had their first meeting when she was dressed as a man, but he was unable to tear his eyes off Dong Joo when she cut her own hair in order to stop a violent aristocrat.

The unusual meeting between the two led to a series of unpredictable and eventful days. After rooming together with Dong Joo, who didn’t know that he was actually a man, Nok Du was faced with unexpected, heart-fluttering situations. Though he acted tough, he helped feed Dong Joo and did the laundry himself when she hurt her hand, causing viewers’ hearts to melt at his caring actions.

Dong Joo, who had been lonely, couldn’t help but appreciate Nok Du’s kindness. The scene in which Dong Joo held on to the hem of Nok Du’s skirt as she asked with a shy smile, “Can I call you unni?” had both Nok Du and the viewers’ hearts pounding. Although Nok Du quickly replied, “I’m not your unni,” his heart had already began to skip a beat when it came to Dong Joo.

2. Enchanting fan dance lesson

After Dong Joo found out that Nok Du was a man, she began to take it upon herself to make sure his real identity remained a secret at the widow’s village. A romantic current began to flow between Nok Du and Dong Joo, who unintentionally became his secret keeper.

Nok Du later offered to teach Dong Joo a fan dance, since she had no sense of rhythm. This moment created a strange tension between them that wasn’t present when she still thought Nok Du was a man, and they began to grow more conscious of each other. It wasn’t this moment that had Dong Joo’s heart racing, however. As they got closer, Nok Du told Dong Joo, who had unknowingly revealed her innermost thoughts, “It must have been hard. Trying to get by while only doing the things you hate.” The fact that Nok Du was one of the few people to sympathize with her helped thaw Dong Joo’s frozen heart.

3. “Starting today, I’m your mother.”

When Dong Joo was threatened by an aristocrat, she decided to risk her own life to save Lady Cheon. She entered the aristocrat’s home with a dagger hidden in her sleeve, but she ended up coming face-to-face with Nok Du, who was dressed in gentlemen’s attire. This was the first time that the two had faced each other through their “true” identites, bringing both a tension and excitement to the scene.

Nok Du approached Dong Joo as he commented, “Starting today, I’m your mother.” When asked why he would take such extreme measures for her, Nok Du replied, “I wanted to make sure that you don’t have to do at least one thing you hate to do.” While Nok Du did not realize it himself, his blunt feelings towards Dong Joo gave viewers an unexpected thrill.

4. Nok Du opens up Dong Joo’s heart

Dong Joo distanced herself from former marriage partner Yool Moo (played by Kang Tae Oh), who reminded her of the past that she couldn’t return to. As she recalled the memory of the day she lost her family in her old home, she began to cry. Seeing this, Nok Du wiped away her tears and told her, “You’ll get sick if you keep all of this in.”

Before he knew it, Dong Joo stopped crying, and Nok Du silently watched as Nok Du thought about her happy past with a bright grin. Their dazzling smiles as they looked into each other’s eyes excited viewers, but above all, they raised expectations by signaling a change in their relationship.

“The Tale of Nokdu” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358523wpp/4-moments-that-left-viewers-hearts-racing-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

11 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Crazy palace twist: king Gwanghae said he used to travel alone disguised as normal people; that's when he heard that story about the crushed worm egg.

So, he may want to enter the widow village and, therefor, crossdress too (better if he shave his beard before...).

OK, OK, I'm leaving now, please stop kicking me...

Now seriously, I'm still to find some negative review/comment about TTON. Popular response is overwhelming.

LOL... that would be a... weird twist^^. Can't imagine him disguised as a widow :lol:

Very true~ about all the positive comments about this. I've been reading lots of comments everywhere and there's like 3-4% maybe who aren't that positive, or 2-3% (?)^^. But like almost everyone is enjoying this sooo much :) I can see that most of TTON's vids uploaded in DramaKBS and that other channel KBS한국방송 has the most views as well.

I hope that these positive feedback will be channeled to the ratings...sending all the positive energy to Korea :heart:

giphy-3.gif 

Sending sexy Nokdu vibes...:) :)

20191013-083213.gif

I love the chemistry between Nokdu and Dong-joo. My heart flutters every time they bicker, while at the same time, their attraction with each other just keep on growing. I’m totally shipping them and my fave scene so far was when ND is teaching DJ how to dance. That’s just so sweet, while hot at the same time.

Archived