[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/05/momolands-yeonwoo-in-talks-to-join-cast-of-kbss-upcoming-joseon-era-romantic-comedy

Momoland's Yeonwoo in talks to join cast of KBS's upcoming Joseon-era romantic comedy

A representative for KBS 2TV's upcoming drama 'The Joseon Romantic Comedy Tale of Nok Du' (literal title) revealed that the idol is currently in talks for a role.

The drama is based on a popular webtoon of the same name, and tells the story of the son of a noble family living in the Joseon dynasty who runs away by disguising himself as a woman. The role that Yeonwoo is currently in discussion to play is Mae Hwa Su, a talented and beautiful gisaeng who excels in dancing and singing and is the best friend of the female lead.

Meanwhile, Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon, Song Gun Hee, Jo Su Hyang, and Kang Tae Oh have already been cast.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo in talks to make acting debut in drama starring Kim So-hyun

D7jgifVXsAA1JTs.png

Yeonwoo of girl group MOMOLAND might make her TV acting debut this year as she is in talks to appear in the upcoming drama Mung Bean Chronicles.

Headlined by Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm) and Jang Dong-yoon (Mr. Sunshine), the said series (also known as Joseon Loco: Nokdu Chronicles) is a period romantic comedy that centers on Jeon Neok-du (to be played by Jang), an ambitious and hard-working man who refuses to get married. During an incident in which he disguises himself as a woman and enters an all-female village, he meets a young lady named Dong Dong-joo (Kim), a hot-tempered trainee gisaeng who is lacking in terms of musical talent but excels in making “anything using the right tools.” The drama is based on a popular webtoon of the same name.

Meanwhile, Yeonwoo has been offered the role of Mae Hwa-soo, Dong Dong-joo’s bestfriend and a skilled gisaeng who is gifted with excellent abilities in speaking, dancing, and singing. If she accepts the role, she will be the first MOMOLAND member to appear in a prime time Korean drama with a major supporting role.

Other confirmed cast members of the drama include Song Geon-hee (SKY Castle), Jo Soo-hyang (Something In The Rain), and Kang Ta-oh (My First First Love).

Slated to premiere in September on KBS2, Mung Bean Chronicles will be directed by Kim Dong-hwi of Fight For My Way and The Merchant: Gaekju 2015. It is written by Baek So-yeon and Lim Ye-jin (Love in the Moonlight).

https://www.kdramapal.com/momolands-yeonwoo-in-talks-to-make-acting-debut-in-drama-starring-kim-so-hyun/

MOMOLAND’s Yeonwoo May Be Making Her Acting Debut In An Upcoming Drama

Yeonwoo is considering accepting a role.

On May 27th, sources reported that Yeonwoo had been cast in the upcoming KBS Drama MungBean Chronicle.

A source within the drama’s production then commented that the idol is “thinking positively” of starring in the drama.

The drama is based on the popular Korean webtoon of the same name and will feature Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun. It depicts the love story between Jeon Nuk Do who disguises himself as a female to enter an all-female community and Dong Dong Joo whose ultimate goal it is to avoid becoming a courtesan.

Yeonwoo

Yeonwoo has been offered the role of Dong Dong Joo’s best friend Mae Hwa Soo who is a skilled courtesan. The drama is planned to begin airing in September.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/momolands-yeonwoo-may-making-acting-debut-upcoming-drama/

MOMOLAND Member Yeonwoo To Star In Drama

May 29, 2019 11:27 PM

MOMOLAND Sets March Date For Comeback, Announces Upcoming Mini Album(Photo: Facebook/MOMOLAND)

Momoland member Yeonwoo may be joining the list of Kpop artists joining the list of musicians transitioning to acting. Yeonwoo may be joining the cast the KBS drama  "Mung Bean Chronicle."

According to a report by Soompi, drama insiders have confirmed that Yeonwoo was offered the role and she is now considering the role to star in the webtoon adaptation. MOMOLAND's Yeonwoo is said to be offered the role of Mae Hwa Soo, a skilled gisaeng and the best friend of the lead star to be played by Kim So Hyun.

The "Mung Bean Chronicle" is a romantic comedy with stars Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoo who pretends to be a woman to get inside an all-female community. If MOMOLAND's Yeonwoo accepts the role, it will be her first time to star in the drama. The drama is expected to air in September and will be directed Kim Dong Hwi, who directed hit shows like "Fight for My Way."  The show will be written by Im Ye Jin who wrote "Love in the Moonlight," and "If I were a Season."

Yeonwoo was previously offered a supporting role in MBC's drama "Tempted." However, negotiations did not pan out even after it seemed like the MOMOLAND member was already going to accept the role. This time around, there seems to be a bigger possibility of Yeonwoo starring in the drama like her fans are hoping for.

https://en.businesstimes.cn/articles/112863/20190529/momoland-member-yeonwoo-to-star-in-drama-nayun-suffers-from-ear-infection.htm

Again ,new characther for drama.

Song Chae-yoon, KBS 'mung bean chronicle' appeared ... a mysterious character who is following Jang Dong-yoon [Official] (Source: TV Report | Naver TV Entertainment) http://naver.me/Gci34iDN
Song Chae Yoon becomes a tension inducer. It is a mystery person in the new KBS2 Mon Tue drama <Chosun Romcom - Mung bean chronicle>, chased Nok Du (Jang Dong-yoon), and is going to collect the curiosity of viewers.
<Chosun Romcom - Mung bean chronicle> is a work based on Webtoon, which depicts Jeon Nok Du dress as woman enter a mysterious widow village and meet a giseang trainee Dong Dongju. It's a Chosun version romantic comedy with a mysterious and delightful .
Song Chae Yoon was a member of the secret warrior group and the dandelion. It is said that her first time appearance in the drama , she will be a key role in chasing and making Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong-yoon) enter into widow village as well as causing a tension in the drama , it's as a mystery character .
Song Chae-yoon, "I thank the director who gave me the opportunity to play 'Min Do Rae'. The historical and action was a genre that I always dreamed of. I am very happy to be able to challenge all of this role. I'm already looking forward to what kind of work will be born. I will shoot hard so that I do not have to press on my work. "
KBS2 new Mon Tue drama "Chosun Romcom - Mung bean chronicle" is scheduled to be broadcast in the coming September, with Song Chae Yoon, who plays the role of "Min Do Rae", a member of the secret warrior group, and Jang Dong-yoon, Kim Sohyun, Kang Ta Oh and Jo Su-hyang.

(Shirlley0604- ig)

The cast is awesome ... With every new actor I want to watch a drama more and more.
True, I'm worried about the fact that they are taking an idol for a drama. Oh, these Koreans can just take it and refuse to watch it because of this ...
But I really hope that this does not happen.
I look forward to teasers!:w00t:

Archived