[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch: Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Yoon Get Playfully Competitive While Filming “Tale Of Nok-Du” Teaser

Upcoming KBS drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has shared a behind-the-scenes clip of Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon filming the teaser!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a Joseon-era romantic comedy about a man who disguises himself as a woman (Jang Dong Yoon) and a woman who wants to run away from her apprenticeship as a gisaeng (Kim So Hyun).

The video opens up with both actors cheerfully greeting the camera while wearing hanbok(traditional Korean dress). They prepare to film the part where they play alkkagi (a stone flicking game), but before they start, they are asked about the atmosphere of the set. They reply that it’s great, and Jang Dong Yoon adds, “Is my disguise as a woman revealed for the first time in the making-of video?” Kim So Hyun adds, “Isn’t it the first time it’s officially revealed?” She asks him what he thinks of his disguise, and Jang Dong Yoon answers, “It’s nice. I like it.”

While filming, Kim So Hyun can’t help but burst into laughter at Jang Dong Yoon’s alkkagi skills, and she comments, “You’re really bad at this.” When the crew asks about his skills, he jokes, “You saw it earlier. Are you purposely asking about it? I’m bad at it. I’m worse than Dong Joo [Kim So Hyun’s character].” Kim So Hyun asks, “Are you worse than me?,” and Jang Dong Yoon changes his mind as he answers, “I think I’m better than her.”

The two become humorously competitive with the game, but due to Jang Dong Yoon’s strict rules, Kim So Hyun dismisses the stones and says, “I’m not playing! I’m not playing!” Jang Dong Yoon looks shocked by her outburst but abruptly asks if she’s hot. He fans her with too much enthusiasm and causes her bangs to blow, and Kim So Hyun flatly asks the camera, “What do I do? When will he become mature?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353067wpp/watch-kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-yoon-get-playfully-competitive-while-filming-tale-of-nok-du-teaser

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Hint At Heart-Fluttering Romance In âTale Of Nok-Duâ Poster

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Hint At Heart-Fluttering Romance In “Tale Of Nok-Du” Poster

A stunning new poster has been revealed for “Tale of Nok-Du”!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who is not interested in becoming a gisaeng (a female courtesan).

The main poster released on September 18 features Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun standing closely together with pink fabric above their heads. They are glancing in the same direction with soft smiles on their faces. Jang Dong Yoon is not disguised as a woman as he was for the drama’s other posters and teaser videos. 

The drama’s production team commented, “Viewers will be able to discover new charms of the two actors that have not been seen before. It is worth anticipating the romantic synergy of Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun, who will make hearts flutter with different charms while bringing laughter.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” is set to premiere on September 30 and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353257wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-hint-at-heart-fluttering-romance-in-tale-of-nok-du-poster

“Jeon Nokdu, the man who dreams of becoming the greatest general of Joseon, ended up disguising as a widow to hide his real identity. From a masculine and sharp guy to a feminine widow, it’s all possible because the actor is Jang Dong Yoon”

“Nokdu’s struggle to survive in the widow village and his sour romance with Dong Joo will bring lots of joyous laughter and excitement”

trasnlated by Lily_CFC

Webtoon 's writer Hye Jin Hyung shared her thougt about Sohyun and Dong Yoon:

Honestly, I was very worried about whether there was an actor who could really play the role of a woman in the process of dramatization. It's still before, but I'm really grateful to actor Jang Dong-yoon. Every time I keep seeing something, I'm really grateful to the actors who made it.

In the case of actor Kim So-hyun, as you may have noticed after reviewing Mungdujeon's fourth volume, it was the actor who said that she and I were the only ones who seemed to be suitable for Dongju. And I was really surprised to hear that it was cast. And I was really grateful to be a Dongju.

Translaeted by google :)

Jang Dong Yoon Is The Epitome Of Duality In âTale Of Nok-Duâ

Jang Dong Yoon Is The Epitome Of Duality In “Tale Of Nok-Du”

Jang Dong Yoon is demonstrating just how versatile he is through his role in KBS2’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du”!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon). He is a man with looks, smarts, and physical strength who ambitiously dreams of leaving his small village and stepping out into the bigger world. To achieve this goal, he takes all measures possible, including dressing as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who is not interested in becoming a gisaeng (a female courtesan).

On September 19, “Tale of Nok-Du” revealed some stills of Jang Dong Yoon looking like two very different people.

In one pair of photos, Jang Dong Yoon looks charismatic as a man who dreams of becoming the greatest general of Joseon. The next pair of photos stands in stark contrast, as Jang Dong Yoon looks adorable in his female hanbok with his round eyes and flushed cheeks.

jang-dong-yoon-2.jpg

Jang Dong Yoon shared, “Jeon Nok Du has a positive mindset that helps him overcome all sorts of hardships and continue to move forward. The element of ‘dressing as a woman’ is hard, but the role seemed like one worth taking on the challenge for. Jeon Nok Du seemed even more appealing to me because [the drama] would be my first sageuk, and I would be able to show my martial arts and horse-riding skills. In order to portray Jeon Nok Du, who dresses as a woman and has to hide the fact that he’s a man, I’m thinking a lot about how he should behave and speak while I’m acting. In this drama, you’ll find everything you want including comedy, romance, and action. I believe it’ll be an exciting and fun project.”

The drama’s producers stated, “Jang Dong Yoon has exceeded our expectations with his acting of a difficult character like that of a man dressed as a woman. He is smoothly going back and forth from the manly Jeon Nok Du to the widow Jeon Nok Du and is portraying [his character] in a fun way. Jeon Nok Du’s fight to survive in an all-female community and his unique romance with Dong Dong Joo will provide lots of laughter and heart-fluttering sensations.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” premieres on September 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353470wpp/jang-dong-yoon-is-the-epitome-of-duality-in-tale-of-nok-du

Archived